Fabula Imperium (Story of Power) | Teen Ink

Fabula Imperium (Story of Power)

October 30, 2012
By Crunchman99 SILVER, Mitchell, South Dakota
Crunchman99 SILVER, Mitchell, South Dakota
9 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
Writing can often be complex, and some people don't ever practice. The important thing is, when you get good at it, few things can help you more in life.


Summary:

Contains a dose of interesting characters, a plethora of scy-fi devices, and a touch of power-hungry psychopaths bent on destroying the human race.
Enjoy.


Andrew W.

Fabula Imperium (Story of Power)


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 37 comments.


on Jul. 17 2014 at 3:31 am
PenOnParchment BRONZE, Chino Hills, California
2 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
"What is literature
but the illumination of that which I would write?" -Rider Strong

It's a cool story, and definitely something i could see myself buying and reading! The characters are interesting-especially some of their names!- and so's the storyline. I really loved the summary too, it definitely was inspired!

on Jan. 24 2013 at 9:35 am
GuardianoftheStars GOLD, Shongaloo, Louisiana
17 articles 0 photos 495 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Let's tell young people the best books are yet to be written; the best painting, the best government, the best of everything is yet to be done by them."
-John Erslcine

A very capturing story line is going on that reminds me or X-men or something. Very good. I wanted to know more.

on Jan. 7 2013 at 4:59 pm
Crunchman99 SILVER, Mitchell, South Dakota
9 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
Writing can often be complex, and some people don't ever practice. The important thing is, when you get good at it, few things can help you more in life.

Thanks for the advice, I might have to try that. The thing is, I've halted posting for a while because I want some feedback on Aegis Infernum first. For everyone else; it's on my page, and I would like to know if you want to see that first, or the ending of this one first.

. said...
on Jan. 1 2013 at 2:02 am
If your story's not going through here, there's a teen writing site called Figment where you can post books without delay. It's pretty cool and there's lots of people offering feedback there.

on Dec. 31 2012 at 5:42 pm
Crunchman99 SILVER, Mitchell, South Dakota
9 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
Writing can often be complex, and some people don't ever practice. The important thing is, when you get good at it, few things can help you more in life.

Okay, about not posting anything in the last month... Well, TeenInk is kind of screwing me here. I've posted something completely new, but they won't validate it, either on purpose or by some fluke. Something is coming; don't worry. It might just take a while to get there.

IMSteel BRONZE said...
on Dec. 23 2012 at 3:33 pm
IMSteel BRONZE, Wallhala, South Carolina
2 articles 0 photos 128 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Learn from Yesterday, live for Today, hope for Tomorrow" - Albert Einstein

"Brevity is the Soul of Wit" - The Which

I like the original names, the and the story.  It was pretty well written, the dialogue needs a little work, it's somewhat abrubt and not very believable.  The notes that yout put in the story I kind of don't like, if you use notes, you should have some kind of a sybole beside the parragraph, and then at the bottom of the page, write the notes.  Otherwise a fine book. 

MayaS. BRONZE said...
on Dec. 19 2012 at 9:01 pm
MayaS. BRONZE, Mundelein, Illinois
2 articles 3 photos 51 comments
Chapters 20-21: I feel guilty about the comment-per-chapter wall spam I've been doing, so I'll start lumping chapters together. These chapters were really suspenseful and the point-of-view changing was fluid and well-written. It was a tad confusing what Arcus does in Chapter 21 when he's down (uses his electric powers to melt the bullet in midair, causing the molten metal?) Sorry again about the comment clutter

on Dec. 17 2012 at 10:03 pm
Crunchman99 SILVER, Mitchell, South Dakota
9 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
Writing can often be complex, and some people don't ever practice. The important thing is, when you get good at it, few things can help you more in life.

Okay, seriously, when is TeenInk going to validate my new submission already?! Sorry for the delay, expect something totally new coming soon. Well, hopefully soon. It's been like a week, maybe two.

on Nov. 25 2012 at 9:40 am
Crunchman99 SILVER, Mitchell, South Dakota
9 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
Writing can often be complex, and some people don't ever practice. The important thing is, when you get good at it, few things can help you more in life.

That's funny, I never even thought about Leo being that similar. Now that you point it out, they're basically carbon copies of each other. It must've been my subconscious or something. Of course there are more chapters, but writing has been put on hold for the moment. You know... Halo 4 and some other stuff :)

CammyS SILVER said...
on Nov. 25 2012 at 7:48 am
CammyS SILVER, Papillion, Nebraska
5 articles 0 photos 188 comments

Favorite Quote:
No passion in the world is equal to the passion to alter someone else's draft.
H. G. Wells
Don't say the old lady screamed. Bring her on and let her scream.
Mark Twain

I really liked it, even though it didn't really, in my opinion, have a proper ending. Are there more than 19 chapters? I don't ever really know what's up with Milla. What is her power? And  I could tell that your Leo was exactly the same as the one in Percy Jackson. His character is identical, as well as his name and backstory. Good story- tell me when there is more!

MayaS. BRONZE said...
on Nov. 22 2012 at 3:46 pm
MayaS. BRONZE, Mundelein, Illinois
2 articles 3 photos 51 comments
Chapter 19: Aw so mysterius! I have many questions, which was the intent of this chapter, but my only techincal-writing question is, does Arcus speak Latin? I'm sorry to say I don't know what he's quoting... I can't wait for more of this story!

MayaS. BRONZE said...
on Nov. 22 2012 at 3:02 pm
MayaS. BRONZE, Mundelein, Illinois
2 articles 3 photos 51 comments
Chapter 18 (or 19) Praeteritus Fulgur: Oh snap. You must keep these cool powers coming!! "Percy and Jason...."  *chuckles* good show.

MayaS. BRONZE said...
on Nov. 22 2012 at 2:55 pm
MayaS. BRONZE, Mundelein, Illinois
2 articles 3 photos 51 comments
Chapter 17: Compared to the rest, Mila's portrait seemed just a tad underdeveloped. I think it would be cool for her to practice with her powers like Annie, Shadix, and Leo were doing. Has she ever seen the ocean? (That was kind of random but it might make for an interesting flashback-character-development-thingy)

MayaS. BRONZE said...
on Nov. 22 2012 at 2:49 pm
MayaS. BRONZE, Mundelein, Illinois
2 articles 3 photos 51 comments
Chapter 16: My question for this chapter is, why was Leo bullied? He's so nice.... Once again, the last line!!! I love the running joke.

MayaS. BRONZE said...
on Nov. 22 2012 at 2:44 pm
MayaS. BRONZE, Mundelein, Illinois
2 articles 3 photos 51 comments
Chapter 15: Shadix is definately relatable. I'm just wondering...why is his power over shadows, and why is he goth? Also I laughed on the last line.

MayaS. BRONZE said...
on Nov. 22 2012 at 2:38 pm
MayaS. BRONZE, Mundelein, Illinois
2 articles 3 photos 51 comments
Chapter 14: this was a pretty sweet change in perspective, and definately the best chapter so far. Annie has just about every teenager's dream power- actual air guitar. But I liked how you took that and the scene evolved into a reflection about her family to the violin to the birds to her friends. The last line, "hoping against hope," was kind of cliche but that was miniscule.

MayaS. BRONZE said...
on Nov. 22 2012 at 2:29 pm
MayaS. BRONZE, Mundelein, Illinois
2 articles 3 photos 51 comments
Chapter 13: Do you think that if Arcus were to go out and about, he would put on a disguise? That might be pretty funny. I liked this chapter, especially the descriptions of skyscrapers. I'm starting to wonder why the bad guys have been so quiet. Too quiet....

MayaS. BRONZE said...
on Nov. 22 2012 at 1:27 pm
MayaS. BRONZE, Mundelein, Illinois
2 articles 3 photos 51 comments
Chapter 12: Sidus Bellum. Heh...

MayaS. BRONZE said...
on Nov. 22 2012 at 1:26 pm
MayaS. BRONZE, Mundelein, Illinois
2 articles 3 photos 51 comments
Sorry, that one was for Chapter 11.

MayaS. BRONZE said...
on Nov. 22 2012 at 1:16 pm
MayaS. BRONZE, Mundelein, Illinois
2 articles 3 photos 51 comments
Chapter 10: This chapter was a nice change of pace; and the vivid descriptions of their powers made a nice movie in my head