Journey For Future Time

Author's note: I wrote it out of the love i have for fiction. When I went through depression at such a young...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I wrote it out of the love i have for fiction. When I went through depression at such a young age, my teacher and personal friend of mine told me that I needed something to pull me away from the dark depths of what I was falling into. The book brought me out of that hole and into a new begining of imagination and courage to express myself and my writing skills. Enjoy.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 Next »

Frienda Got Your Back!

Robin awoke around midnight, and got dressed. She stayed under the covers as she got the magazine out to call the cabin instructor, also retrieving a pencil and notebook to write down directions.
Before she made the call, though, she sent a text message to Taylor, telling her about the plan and if she chose to come or not. She waited, and after receiving no reply, dialed the number to the cabin owners.
One hour later, Robin had charmed herself to invisibility and snuck around the guards
The Jump They Are Looking For Finally Reveals Itself!
and through the yard, carrying the bewitched bags she had to her car in the barn. She tightened a few bolts in Indigo, making sure she could make such a far journey, and loaded the trunk with Faith’s bag she had already bought, a bag she had fixed for Vlad, and her own bag she had packed moments before.
She hurried back to the house after closing the trunk slowly and checked her phone. She had a missed call from Taylor!
She rushed into the house and went to the bathroom, dialing Taylor’s number as she sat on the edge of the tub in suspense.
“Hey, you’ve reached Taylor! Sorry I can’t...” Robin hung up, disappointed. “She must not be coming.” She said sadly, looking at the floor. She sulked a moment, then shook it off. She had to get Faith and Vlad up so they could work through the plan. She put her phone in her pocket and returned upstairs quietly.
(________________________________________________________)

Tim awoke at 1, just like Robin had asked him to. He sat up and pulled a shirt over his bare chest and jeans over his boxers. He looked at Matt and Jeremiah on the floor and was about to awaken them when he heard a small knock.
At first he thought it was his imagination, but almost had a heart-attack when he saw a white hand knocking on his window! He rushed over to the window and looked out. His eyes widened as he hurriedly opened the window. “Taylor, what the Hell!?” he asked, grabbing her hand as he helped pull her up. “Climbed the side of the house in case those guys were stationed around the entrances, AH!” she gasped, as Tim pulled her in. She fell and grasped her ankle as Tim shut the window.
“What happened?” he asked, kneeling beside her. She grunted and whispered, “I snuck through the woods to get here after I teleported, and sense I’m not very good at it, I ended up twisting my ankle stepping through the space time continuum.”
Tim examined it, than sighed. “It’s pretty bruised. I think you might have sprained it something awful.” He said, looking into her eyes. “Can you stand?”
Taylor nodded and stood carefully, a backpack strapped to her back. Tim offered his hand and she took it, pulling herself up. “OW!” she exclaimed quietly, but she stood on the ankle like a trooper.
Tim looked at her worriedly. “Are you sure you’re okay?” he asked.
Taylor gritted her teeth and smiled. “I ran 2 miles on this ankle. I’ll be fine.” She said with a laugh, socking his shoulder. “Jeremiah, Matt, get up!” said Taylor, knocking on their heads. She laughed and smiled at Tim once more, then walked out the door.
(_______________________________________________________)

Robin was so relieved when she saw Taylor slip into her room. “I put a sound charm on Rachel’s door, so they can’t hear anything going on about the house.” She said with a smile as she hugged Robin.
“Thank you, that helps a lot. Alright, let’s get everyone together.”
Moments later, the departing crew was gathered in the living room.
Everyone had a bag, and were waiting for the plan.
Robin looked at Tim and Matt. “There’s going to be a small change. I’m going to need you two to meet us at the cabin. We need those guards to be confused so they can’t track us or see where were going. Think you guys can handle that?”
Mat smiled. “You got it!” said Matt with a laugh, standing. Tim stood as well as they slung their bags onto their backs.
“Okay you two, when you see us hightailing it for the barn, that’s when you attack. By the time we leave the yard, you should start on your way to the cabin with these directions.” Robin handed them a copy of the directions to the cabin.
Mat scanned them over with his photographic memory and nodded, stuffing the paper in his pocket for safe keeping. Tim looked over his and grinned. “It’ll take a moment to get there, but we’ll be able to run there.” He said, putting his paper in his pocket as well.
Robin smiled. “Awesome. Okay guys, when we get to the barn, then trunk is already unlocked, so you just got to open it. Throw your stuff in, then just dive for a seat, got it?” Everyone nodded in agreement.
“Alright, Mat, Tim, out the back door.” Said Robin. They nodded and slipped through the kitchen. Robin went to the front door and watched, motioning for everyone to get behind her. She put Vlad in the front, so he could get there faster and open the trunk faster.
She watched as Matt and Tim disappeared into the forest. “GO!” she shouted. Vlad jogged down the steps and ran for it fast, Robin, Faith, Taylor, and Jeremiah following behind her. They were maybe 30 yards away from the barn when suddenly Faith stepped in an unseen hole and did a flip, landing on her back really hard. It knocked the wind out of her and probably bruised her back. Jeremiah came up from behind her and grabbed her up in his arms, running with her, trying to be careful.
They made it to the barn and threw the door wide open, so there would be room to get the car out. Jeremiah got Faith in the car while Robin threw his bag in the trunk, Taylor doing the same with hers. Taylor dove into the front seat and Vlad into the back with Faith and Jeremiah, robin taking the wheel. She started the car up and smiled, loving the sound of the tune up she had installed on it. She turned the wheel and sped out of the barn and through the yard.
Robin did a quick swerve around the house and headed straight for the road. The path was clear until one of the men left behind ran in front of them. “ROBIN DON’T HIT HIM!” Shouted Faith as Robin continued on faster. “NOT PLANNING ON IT!” she yelled. She swerved around him at the last moment, speeding up. Before they hit the ash fault, Taylor leaned out of her window and threw a jet of magic at him. It hit him hard and he went down, just as they began to drive away. “Sleeping charm. It’ll look like he got knocked out.” She exclaimed, rolling her window up.
Robin sighed and rolled hers up, too, turning the heat up a little so it was warm and cozy in the car. Faith looked at Jeremiah and smiled. “Thanks for not leaving me.” She said, feeling a little embarrassed at her fall. “No problem. We couldn’t leave anyone behind.” He said with a smile. “Well guys, you might want to rest up, because this drive’s going to take at least 3 hours.” Said Robin, keeping her eyes on the road.
Faith took off her jacket and folded it, putting it on her lap so Vlad could use it as a pillow. Jeremiah took his jacket off and wrapped it around Faith’s shoulders, then leaned back so she could rest her head on his chest.
“I’m staying up. “Said Taylor, smiling. Robin nodded in her direction, then continued to look forward. Moments later, the backseat gang was asleep, and Robin and Taylor were alert and awake as they traveled down the highway. For a bit the trip was silent, then Taylor spoke up. “Do you think the guy’s will make it okay?” she asked, propping her elbow up on the door and wresting her head in her hand.
“Yeah, Matt has excellent sense in direction. They’ll be alright.” Said Robin, smiling as she continued on. “So once we get there, what are we going to do?” Robin twiddled her thumbs on the steering wheel. “After everyone’s settled in, I want you to come with me to the store so I can get some food for the place.” Said Robin with a laugh. “I meant mission wise, Robin. What can we do now?” Taylor asked, watching trees and signs whip by.
“We need to find out why Marcelo is so desperate to take over society, and how he plans on doing so. We have bits and pieces, but we will have to find the others to fix the whole puzzle, you see what I’m saying?” asked Robin, glancing at Taylor. Taylor nodded and sighed. “I just hope we can find all those missing people.” Said Taylor, looking out the window at the stars.
Robin sighed and said, “Yeah. Me too.”

Hours later as dawn approached the tired gang pulled into the driveway of the cabin they were to stay in. Robin was pleased to see Matt and Tim already waiting for them in the garage. Robin noticed Taylor’s eyes brightened as she waved at Tim.
She pulled in and Matt closed the door behind her. “Alright, let’s go.” Said Robin. Jeremiah awoke Faith and they got out. Vlad followed, only he was so small, Faith took the liberty to carry his tired self into the house for him.
Taylor got out of the car and rushed up to Tim, hugging him hard. “Whoa, you’d think I was back from the dead!” he said with a laugh, though he held her close, his heart at ease knowing she was okay.
He led her into the house and out of the cold.
“How was the run over here?” Robin asked Matt as the two unloaded the trunk of their bags, and extra things. “Well, it got a little complicated by the highway, but we snagged a ride in the back of a pickup and cruised here.” Said Matt, slinging some bags over his shoulder as he lifted a box up under his arm.
Robin sighed and bent over to grab something in the very back of the trunk. Matt glanced at her face and knew something was bothering her. “Cough it up little sis, your holding back.” He said.
Robin stood back up straight and suddenly burst into tears. Matt looked at her alarmed and dropped the bags and the box carefully as she fell. He caught her, bringing her to her knees. He held her close as he watched his little sister pour her heart and pain into these uncontrollable sobs.
“Robin please, tell me what’s wrong, sweetie. You’re scaring me.” He cooed, stroking her hair. Robin wiped her eyes and looked up at him. “What if this doesn’t work? What if were stuck in the dark like always again? Matt, I don’t want to be proven wrong again! I don’t want to be looked at as the dumb one of the family!”
Matt continued to watch her, letting her talk. “Rachel told me no matter what I was going to a camp. I couldn’t do it! I couldn’t let her send me off when we have so many questions that need to be answered, I need questions answered! Matt…” Robin suddenly burst into tears again, heart wrenching sobs that Matt knew she needed to release. “Robin, everything will be alright. Yes, our family has been severed by lies and abomination, but we are still strong! YOU are still strong!” Robin looked up her brother.
“How? I feel so weak, so cheated!” said Robin, her eyes fierce with confusion and anger. “You are strong in here.” Said Matt, placing his hand on her chest above her heart. “This is what has kept us going. This is what gives you courage today. Love, family, and the warmth to know that in the end, all we need is each other, has kept you alive, ALL of us alive and strong, and we are going to continue on the same way.”
Robin looked into Matt’s eyes with pure hope, really wishing things would stay strong as he said. “I’m still afraid.” She said, feeling ashamed of herself. “Hell, who wouldn’t be, Rob? Sis, you have got to stop thinking you have to be strong for everyone! Everyone is scared, but everyone is also hopeful. If you said you were scared of anything that may lie ahead of us, then I’m sorry, but you would have to be plain stupid! Everyone gets scared.”
Robin thought it over, then hugged her brother again. “Thanks, Matt.” She whispered, snuggling into his chest out of habit. She did that when she was little, too. “No problem, Robin. Now let’s get inside, we have some company I think you’ll be happy to see.”
Robin looked at him confused as he helped her up. They grabbed their things and went in, dropping them by the door of the kitchen. The kitchen was beautiful with it’s marble counter tops and wood flooring.
“The den’s in here.” He said, leading her through an arch in the doorway.
“Well, hey! Look who decided to show up after all!” Robin saw two immediately familiar faces. Nick and Mike Lee! “Nick, Mike, oh my God!” she said happily, running to them as they both hugged their old tomboy friend.
Nick had bright blue hair with white streaks. His hair was natural. He was what’s known as a Tenshi: angel in Japanese. He could levitate things, make them disappear, and he can see into the future. Not the well, but he can. Why call him an angel if he only had these powers? Well, because of his most treasured feature: his wings. He could fold them in and out, and usually looked normal, for they would always be covered by skin so suspecting humans could not figure him out. His eyes were a beautiful crystal blue\white behind his glasses.
Mike, on the other hand, was not magical at all. For some reason, he never came into his natural powers. He had the same eyes as Nick, but his hair was a bright green with red streaks: also natural.
“What are you guys doing here?” asked Robin, looking at the boys.
“Well, Tim called us and let us know what was going on here. Plus, we missed you guys, and I think it’s about time to watch over my student again.” Said Nick with a laugh, socking Tim’s arm.
When he was younger, Tim used to have bad urges for blood, and would sometimes have a random outrage. Well, when he met Nick, Nick helped soothe his mind with his powers and helped him decide if what he was about to do was right or wrong. Tim still to this day called him by his nickname: Conscience.
Robin smiled and said, “Well, actually, maybe you can. I have a question for you. Come on, let’s go on a walk.” Robin took out her personal credit card, and handed it to Taylor. “You and Tim should head to the store and get some stuff. You know, the essentials. I have almost 2000 dollars on here, but still, don’t go all giddy with it.” Taylor nodded and went to find Tim as Robin lead Nick outside. The two walked side by side down a small gravel path lined with trees. “So what’s up Red Riding Hood?” asked Nick. Robin closed her eyes and looked forward at the sunrise.
Robin explained everything to him about what happened, and everything they assumed and wanted to pursue. Nick nodded and listened, giving short replies so she could go on quickly. “But there’s one thing I haven’t told you that really bugs me.” Robin reached in her pocket, and thought the bad feeling on the envelope still stung her hands, she withdrew the letter from Teresa.
“Wow Robin, that thing’s got a really bad aura.” Said Nick, shying away from it a bit. “I…I know. That’s what I wanted to ask you about. When it touched my fingers, I dropped it, and all I could see was Malcolm, the whole battle we had. I’m confused and scared.” Robin looked down at it, her hand sweaty from the fear in her heart from this letter.
Nick looked at the letter, and back at her, surprised. “You saw the battle? Robin, I think you might have somewhat of a gift like me.” Nick lightly took the letter and flinched at the aura’s bright colors of hatred, fear, and agony, then slowly took Robin’s hand. “Put both hands on top of mine.” He exclaimed, his face screwed into concentration. Robin placed both hands on top of his and closed her eyes like he did, and suddenly they were sucked into a small parlor.
“Teresa, we must send them to Jonathan’s, then report to the council that he knows!” said a distraught Joe. Teresa closed her bag and began to scribble on a sheet of paper. “I’ll leave a note on the fridge for Josiah. He’ll think were busy with the ‘project’ I told him about.” She exclaimed, folding the paper up and sticking it in…a dragon scale envelope!
The scene fogged a bit, then changed to a forest somewhere. “I know what you have done. What have you learned?” asked a cold, cool voice. Marcelo! Teresa looked at him in fear from the ground. “We have no knowledge of anything what so ever!” exclaimed a bloody Joseph, hugging the trembling Teresa to him tightly as if he were a force no one could penetrate.
Marcelo growled and slashed out with a small blade. Blood bloomed from a cut on Joe’s face that was longer then the others. “STOP, PLEASE!” shouted Teresa, trying to stop the bleeding on Joe’s cheek. “You will come with me and be my prisoners, you filthy liars!” shouted Marcelo. He threw a ball of magic at the couple, and they disappeared like Malcolm had. “I will find the Stone Of Ecstasy whether the world has to pay for it or not.” He exclaimed, then turned and vanished in midair.
Robin’s eyes opened and she fell to her knees weekly, her head dizzy. “Robin, it’s okay, it’s always like this the first reading you ever do.” Said Nick, helping her stand again. Robin looked at him and saw the shock on his face. “Nick, what’s wrong?” Nick looked into Robin’s eyes and merely whispered in fear:“The Stone Of Ecstacy.”

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

Naomii Lee said...
i know i didnt notice it until i read it over lol i have a boggled mind uhg but thank you (:

jetta.ckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great story so far... Just make sure you don't switch tense! That's a big issue in your writing. Good job, otherwise. (: