Dark Love

Author's note: This is the sequel of my first book (My Eternal Love). I have written this book because of a true...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This is the sequel of my first book (My Eternal Love). I have written this book because of a true experience I had with a best friend. So this is based on a true story (without all the fantasy, majestically cool stuff) on what happened when I told my best friend, I was in love with her.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 Next »

Jasmine's P.O.V

I held his shirt tight in my hands and looked at his bare chest. Although, it wasn’t completely bare. There were thousands of little red scars across his body, almost like deep stab wounds. His arms flew around his torso and then he suddenly bolted up the stairs. He left. Again. I looked down at his shirt in my hands and wished for the feeling of his arms around me again. Why did he have to let go? He said something in french. But I couldn’t understand it.
“He’ll explain later.” Jamie answered my unspoken question.
“Why was he so scratched up?”
“Well... Um...” Jamie paused and looked at the carpet. “How about we go up to my room and talk?” Jamie and Emily locked eye contact.
“What are you doing here?” I questioned Emily.
“Talking some sense into your boyfriend of course.” she said with confidence.
“You’ve known he was still here... Haven’t you...” I watched her closely as she fidgeted with her hands.
“I’ve only known for a month. He told me not to tell you. I’m sorry!” I could care less if he wanted me to know or not. She KNEW he was still here and never reassured me about him being ok.
“But you knew!” I nearly shouted.
“Jazz. Calm down. Listen.” Jamie pointed up the stairs. I listened and heard a familiar melody and a faint voice. Climbing the stairs slowly, I realized it was Cameron singing. He... was singing my lullaby. I looked at Jamie as tears filled my eyes to the brim making everything blurry. I was trying so hard to hold them back.
“He plays it constantly.” She said.
“Why...” my voice broke.
“Because he’s missed you constantly. He tells himself he should have never told you how he felt and maybe everything would have stayed the same. He knew you wouldn’t feel the same way.” Jamie explained.
“Why would he think that?” I choked out still in awe of him playing my lullaby.
“You two have been friends for too long for you to accept him that way.”
“Oh...” I felt stupid now. I just wanted to barge into his room and force him to talk but I’m afraid he’ll leave again.
“Oh and about the reason he’s so scarred up,” Jamie said getting my attention. “It was mostly because he was mad at himself. He never explained to me why he did it. He just did it out of anger I guess.”
“Who was he mad at?” Something banged against his door and made me jump. Jamie, Emily and Ashley all sighed simultaneously. I opened my mouth to question what happened but Emily cut me off.
“He’s doing it again, isn’t he?” she whispered.
“Always starts out this way.” Jamie answered.
“What’s he doing?” I asked. No one answered. Fine then, I’ll figure it out on my own. I walked towards his door and knocked. What the hell was I doing? A blood curdling scream came right after the moment I knocked. It was so painful I jumped back five feet away from the door and bumped into Emily. She grabbed my shoulders and pushed me into the room next to Cam’s.
“Sorry you had to hear that. It doesn’t usually start or end like that.” Jamie said sitting on the bed in the turquoise room. I just sat on the floor holding his ripped shirt.
“What was he doing...” I asked quietly.
“More scars...” Ashley whispered. “You know.. No matter how hard he tries to stay away from you, he never succeeds.”
“What do you mean?” I asked stupidly.
“Take this morning for instance. He planned to get ran over by you because he wanted to see you.” Jamie explained.
“Oh and don’t forget the countless nights he spent in the tree outside your window.” Ashley giggled. So it was him. And Emily and Ma thought I was crazy.
“And those times he rang the doorbell at your house and ran off like a whimp.” Jamie laughed.
“Why couldn’t he just talk to me?” I interjected.
“Well he always thought about how bad it would end. Say if you two started arguing or you told him to never talk to you again. He’s never really thought of the positive side of how it would go.” Jamie answered seriously.
“Is he coming back to school...”
“That’s...his decision. And only you can get the true answer out of him, because he surely won’t tell us.” Emily answered crossing her arms.
“Anything that has to do with him thinking about the decision and not letting his heart make the right choice is a question only you can ask him.” Ashely added.
“So you wouldn’t know why he didn’t talk to me for so long...” I whispered. The sound of glass breaking came from Cam’s room and then something crashed into the wall. I sighed and then heard him growl loudly.
“You should go talk to him. Calm him down too. Maybe you could work things out.” Jamie said playing with her hair, ignoring my previous question.
“You sure I should talk to him now...”
“Yes!” they all said.
“Make sure he puts a shirt on though. The fresh cut won’t look like the rest.” Jamie added.
“I don’t mind.” I got up from the floor, still gripping his shirt for dear life. “Oh, one more thing. Why did he cut his hair?” Jamie and Ashely started laughing hysterically and I could tell Emily wanted to join in too.
“You’ll figure it out soon.” Emily giggled. I walked out of the room and closed the door to help muffle the girls’ laughter. Walking just next door made it seem like I was walking a mile. Sighing I put his ripped shirt in the back pocket of my shorts and knocked on his door.

Vagabond said...
Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:08 am:
it's toooo good Mind reading my book "A new era" and please give me your feedbacks thanks! :D

HarryPotterLover30 said...
Ohmydearsweetlord. Whoa. can I get more here? Please?! SO good!!! Oh, and PLEASE don't let Jasmine end up with Evan. She's being stupid, picking him. LET THEM END UP TOGETHER. I BEG OF YOU. EVAN KIND OF SUCKS. Oh, and I couldn't find Eternal Love. When I clicked your profile to get to it, it wasn't there. And to quote Melissa, "What's that about, pretty boy?" So..... where is it?