Dark Love

Author's note: This is the sequel of my first book (My Eternal Love). I have written this book because of a true...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This is the sequel of my first book (My Eternal Love). I have written this book because of a true experience I had with a best friend. So this is based on a true story (without all the fantasy, majestically cool stuff) on what happened when I told my best friend, I was in love with her.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 17 18 19

Jasmine's P.O.V

Cameron wrapped his arms around my small body and lifted me onto his lap. I felt so protected in his arms, it was like someone put a blanket of comfort over me. I wasn’t sure whether or not I should cry or be mad.
You can be mad at me. I understand. I should be mad, but I couldn’t be mad at Cam. He’s in the worse condition, but he wasn’t in a coma. Evan was. Sighing, I realized my heart was being torn in two different directions. A direction with Evan, and another direction to save my friendship with Cam.
“What happened...” I whispered wrapping my arms around his back.
“You’re not going to believe me.” he whispered, kissing my head.
“Yes I am. I just wanna know what happened, Cam...” I sniffled. He sighed and tightened his grip around my waist.
“After I went back into the kitchen from serving you and the girls, I went outside and within a few minutes his football crew came into the backyard. They said they just wanted to talk. And then Evan came outside and told me he didn’t like the history you and I had together. I was completely calm and asked him what he didn’t like about it. He lost his cool and pushed me onto the ground, straddled me, and cut my face with a knife.” he touched his dark scar from the knife. “I had to protect myself Jay. At least understand that. And then if you don’t believe be about the knife thing, check his right pocket in his jacket. I bet you it’s there. I was only protecting myself, I promise.” he sounded so apologetic, I started to cry. I sighed, relaxed and hugged him tightly.
“How does he know about our history...” my voice nearly a whisper.
“I um...” he stuttered, like he was thinking about saying something or not. “How much do you like...Evan?” he said his name slowly. I thought about it for a while.
“At first, a lot. And now...” I trailed off, afraid to finish because I knew it would hurt him.
“You basically love him...” his voice broke at the word ‘love’.
“Cameron.. You know I’ll always love you.” he stopped breathing. Waiting a couple minutes I expected him to breathe again, but he didn’t. His grip around me was tight, but normal for him. I sat up and looked at his pale, bloodied face. His eyes were shut tight and his lips were pressed into a hard line, causing the gash to bleed heavily.
“Cam... Are you ok?” I asked worriedly. His eyes shot open, and I expected to see the amazing brown eyes he always had but it was different. They weren’t the milky, dark chocolate brown that lightened up when he smiled at me, or made girls fall head over heals for him. They faded, from black to grey to white. A black outlining, then came a light grey and then white around his pupil. In a way they were really amazing and breathtaking. And certainly could put you in a trance if you looked at them too long. Blood ran down from his eyes in a tear shaped form.
“Cam... Please talk to mee...” I begged, and whipped the bloodied tear from his cheek, careful of his wound.
“Jasmine,” an almost identical voice to Cam’s called from behind me. “Evan will be waking up soon and won’t be happy if he sees you with Cameron.” It took me a minute to realize who this tall, almost look alike of Cameron, mysterious man was. It was his father; Luke.
“Oh. Are you going to take him home?” I asked quietly, and suddenly Cam’s grip around my waist tightened.
“If he’ll come yes,” Luke chuckled. “I’ll take him to a place where he’ll be helped and heal faster. Thanks to your boyfriend and the special type of knife he used, I don’t think the scar will ever fade.” Guilt washed over me. I’m so sorry Cameron. Luke reached into his leather jacket pocket and pulled out a black rock. He held it out to me and dropped it in my hand.
“What’s this for?”
“A way to talk to Cam when he’s...below the surface with me.” he sighed and glanced over at Cam. “I must go now. See you again soon.” Luke waved goodbye and faded into the air in a black smoke.
“I’m so very sorry Jay. I love you.” Cameron whispered in my ear, hugged me tightly and kissed my cheek. He stood up, still holding me tight to his chest and kissed the top of my head. As he sat me down, I looked up at him, his hands came to both of my cheeks and his forehead came down on mine. The way his thumbs, smoothly rubbed my cheeks made me feel so calm. The way he looked at me made me feel so loved. Maybe Cameron and I were meant to be more than friends. I suddenly noticed him leaning in closer to me, breathing slowly, staying calm. Ready to meet him halfway, he moved his head back up and kissed my forehead again.
We’ll talk when I come back, promise. He hugged me tightly again and then began walking away.
What the hell just happened? Was I seriously about to kiss my best friend when I haven’t even kissed my own boyfriend yet? Woah... Maybe I was just getting caught up in the moment. But it felt natural, like it was supposed to happen. Why didn’t he just kiss me? Why did I want him to? Sighing roughly, I sat back down and buried my face in my hands. Come back to Cam. Please.. I need you... I knew my thoughts wouldn’t get him back but I hopelessly wanted them to.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 17 18 19

Vagabond said...
Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:08 am:
it's toooo good Mind reading my book "A new era" and please give me your feedbacks thanks! :D

HarryPotterLover30 said...
Ohmydearsweetlord. Whoa. can I get more here? Please?! SO good!!! Oh, and PLEASE don't let Jasmine end up with Evan. She's being stupid, picking him. LET THEM END UP TOGETHER. I BEG OF YOU. EVAN KIND OF SUCKS. Oh, and I couldn't find Eternal Love. When I clicked your profile to get to it, it wasn't there. And to quote Melissa, "What's that about, pretty boy?" So..... where is it?