The Helmet of Eagle Talons Part 1

Author's note: Heavily inspired by Lord of the Rings, A Song of Fire and Ice, the Game of Thrones series, the...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Heavily inspired by Lord of the Rings, A Song of Fire and Ice, the Game of Thrones series, the Iliad, and ancient warfare in general.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Prologue and History to the Conflict

Once upon a time, there lay a beautiful land that stand between two mighty empires. This land was called Azur. A land that many kings and generals named, "the Key to Supremacy". These statements could not be more truthful. This land lay between two powers and any power that controlled it would have tactical, political, and economic power over the other. Azur was a divided land. Individual realms each controlled by a warlord or some may call a king. Since this land was divided, it had no official
A quick history behind the Rezian-Kastikian Wars
army to stop the Western Empire known as Kastik Empire and the Eastern Empire known as the Rez Empire. These two Empires had waged many wars on each other and Azur has always been the center of the conflict. Over 100 years of warfare lead to millions of dead in glorious battle. Azur's warlords had their own armies, but they were dwarfed by the massive power of these two hegemonies. Many warlords chose sides in order to preserve their power, but there were instances were warlords refused to be the center of a war. The hard-headed warlord Hask of Darnia refused to create an alliance with the Kastik Empire. Him and his small band of a few hundred warriors stood up to tens of thousands of Kastik Imperial Legionaries. On the plains of Dawner, they fought the good fight and held off every assault. From that day, Hask maintained his independence. Many followed his example, but none succeeded. Both the Kastik and the Rez made quick examples of anyone who retaliated. There was Farka the Huntress, whose head was put on a spike on the Kastikian capital. But I am not here to lecture about history, I am here to tell you the greatest Legend of the Greatest hero to ever walk mortal ground. He was Ulysses
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »