A New Era

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 Next »

Ch.7

“Let your smile change the world but don’t let the world change your smile.”

4 weeks later:

It has been over month since we’ve been living together. A lot of things have happened by then. I have changed a lot. Sara my classmate was killed in an explosion by the E-ians. It seems as the sadness and grief is taking over my life I have forgotten all the happy and joyful moments and emotions. The best I can expect in a day is, that at the end of the day there are 9 people here. I hate this life and world. Last week it was my birthday. I turned 14. We couldn’t rejoice it. The supply of food is getting lesser and lesser. The temperature is dropping day by day. The government is unable to have any refuge camps or anything because they are running out of funds. There is no military here, because no war was ever supposed to happen here. 3 weeks ago, there was a meeting between 8 top members of CPEN (Committee for Peace in Esse Novum) and 7 main leaders of the E-ians. CPEN said that, if the E-ians. would leave EN and give them time for 10yrs. then they would search for a planet equal to EN and shift them there and help them progress like EN. In return the E-ians disagreed; they shot the 7 members of CPEN in front of the camera! The whole world witnessed the event. It was a live event. Then the war was officially announced by the 8th and only alive member of CPEN. He also announced that he was seeking for volunteers for forming a military against E-ians.
Today morning when we went to the farm to pluck the veggies, I saw a man standing.
“Excuse me, can I help you?” I asked.
Jo, Mom and Evan were working a little far away from where I stood and helping Agatha picking the veggies. Naomi and Sam were at home working in kitchen. Mr. Parker and dad went for a meeting which was for the scientists of EN (BSEN- Board of Scientists in Esse Novum)
“Yes, actually you can.” Saying this, the man pulled out a gun. My heart freezed for a moment. My throat went dry. I couldn’t shout or do anything. I thought of running but my legs wouldn’t move. It all happened in fraction of seconds. He pulled the trigger and my whole body went numb and then everything went black.
Nothing else. No memory. Nothing.
Few hours later:
It took me a lot of hard work to open my eyes, but I finally managed to do so. Naomi was smiling at me. I was shot. And it is more likely that I survived. My whole body was trembling. A mark was left on my body. Forever.
“Hi, you alright?” she asked smilingly.
“Yeah, just my stomach is aching badly.” I complained.
“That’s because you were shot.”
“So, a part of this war is in my body.”
“Yea! Thank god the bullet just touched you, nothing serious.”
Everyone was there; I was on a bed, most probably Ira’s bed. As soon as I got up everyone started to hug me and kiss me. After all the love and care was done, I asked dad and Mr. Parker about the meeting.
“It was great” Mr. Parker said smilingly.
“I have some good new for you all.” Dad said.

This book has 35 comments. Post your own now!

TheUnknownAnonymous said...
Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:43 am
LOVED YOUR STORY!!!  THE ENDIND WAS JUST EPIC!! :)

mikey123 said...
Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:56 am
I LIKED THE STORY BUT I THINK THE CLIMAX MADE THE BOOK WORTH READING!!! <3

Vagabond replied...
Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:04 am
really very Glad to know you like it! thanks!

a new era? nice name said...
Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:54 am
i liked the book but it could've been better... "If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." --Toni Morrison

Vagabond replied...
Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:04 am

imagine.a.world. said...
Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:35 am
AWEOSOME AND I LOVED IT

Vagabond replied...
Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:36 am
Thanks a lot i really appreciate it!

LOVERR said...
Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:26 am
HEEY! this is the first thing i ever read and i LOVE IT!!

Vagabond replied...
Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:37 am
Thanks a lot i really appreciate it!

CrAzYaNn said...
I think you are so unique:) I really like your ideas and I would love to know how you were able to come up with this !!!

Vagabond replied...
Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:47 am
i am really very happy you liked it...
:) BTW the idea just came... :)

Born2Love97 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
VERY good! I absolutely loved it! Happy writing!

Vagabond replied...
Sept. 20, 2012 at 5:55 am
Glad to know that you liked it!! :D Thanks for your feedback!! :D :D

I agree Born2love97 replied...
Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:58 am
i have been reading many books in teenink and this is a really nice story! :)

Vagabond replied...
Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:06 am

Writer Y. said...
Sept. 15, 2012 at 7:56 am
loved the quotes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vagabond replied...
Sept. 15, 2012 at 8:02 am
Thanks! really glad you liked it

Liar L. said...
Sept. 15, 2012 at 7:46 am
OMIGOD I LOVEEED IT KWWP WRITING! loll

Vagabond replied...
Sept. 15, 2012 at 8:02 am
Thanks! really glad you liked it

KingMothra said...
Sept. 9, 2012 at 8:53 am
Wow...Deep. I just got goosebumps! Very, very well written. I like your combo of modern writing (OMG!!!) and Earth's demise (Darned humans, we WILL kill the Earth, mark my words). Thanks for posting on MCAA, by the way. I look forward to reading more of this! (I haven't quite finished, you see).