A New Era

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 Next »

Ch.5

“Keep smiling, one day the life will get tired of upsetting you”

The truth is, after seeing everything happening so quickly and suddenly in front of my eyes, in three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life, IT GOES ON and no one can stop or prevent it.
After 20 minutes of journey we stopped in front of a house. It was far away from the city, I could not feel peaceful there, rather, I felt restless.
A girl about my age came in front of our car to greet us. She was taller than me, maybe by 1-2 inches. She had golden hair and blue eyes. She was smiling, “Finally, you people are here! Come on in!” She tried sounding happy but I could feel grief. All of us went inside the house. It was a simple plain house with simple furniture, a table 6 chairs and a tele. She came towards me and Ira and said,
“Hi I am Jo.”
“Hey, I am AJ, and she is Ira” I introduced.
Just then a lady entered the room. She was in her mid-forties, and a short lady, with golden hair, like Jo. With her entered a boy, of about Naomi’s age, he was about of Evan height, (1.5 inches taller than Naomi, as Naomi puts it!) He too had golden hair.
“Hi, I am Sam, Jo’s brother” He introduced.
“And…I am Agatha, their aunt.”
“Hi!” we all greeted. And Mom introduced us.
Soon all of us started talking, I felt as if we were not on ‘escape camp’ but on some ‘meet and greet, get-together camp.’ It was evening, about 7:30 PM. Mom, Mrs. Parker and Agatha went for a walk in village. Dad warned them to return before 8 and not to talk to strangers. Jo showed us our rooms. There were 3 rooms, in first room Mom, Agatha and Mrs. Parker were to stay. In second room, Dad, Mr. Parker, Sam and Evan were to stay. And in third room Naomi, Ira, Jo and I were to stay. Our room had two bunk beds a table and a chair.
“We actually had 1 bunk bed but then we took another one when Mr. Parker informed aunt that he was coming.”
It was decided that Jo and Naomi would share a bed and Ira and I would share the second bed. I had to finally accept that this is how life is going to be, no use of complaining so LIVE IT OR LEAVE IT.

KingMothraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 9, 2012 at 8:53 am:
Wow...Deep. I just got goosebumps! Very, very well written. I like your combo of modern writing (OMG!!!) and Earth's demise (Darned humans, we WILL kill the Earth, mark my words). Thanks for posting on MCAA, by the way. I look forward to reading more of this! (I haven't quite finished, you see).

Vagabond replied...
Sept. 10, 2012 at 2:47 am :
Thanks, I hope you like it! :) let me know your feedbacks as soon as you finish it! :)

GMR22This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 8, 2012 at 12:41 am:
This is REALLY cool! I will definitely continue reading your stories!

Vagabond replied...
Sept. 8, 2012 at 4:05 am :
Thanks for your feedback! :)

kathryn weiss said...
Sept. 7, 2012 at 5:04 am:
really enjoyed! i loved the end really good!!

Vagabond replied...
Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:56 am :
thanks glad you liked it :)

SallySunshine replied...
Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:59 am :
wow! nice story

Vagabond replied...
Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:06 am :
really very Glad to know you like it! thanks!

Silver2blackThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 4, 2012 at 6:36 am:
Wow, O.o Very Extraordinary Quotes,  I wish I could write as Decent as you! :3 

Vagabond replied...
Sept. 6, 2012 at 7:51 am :
Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!! really apricated!!! :) :)

Coincidence replied...
Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:02 am :
AJ? wow even my name is aj! bt it stands for "ALEX JONHSON" Anyway the 2nd last and last chapter took my breath away!!!! :D :D  

Vagabond replied...
Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:07 am :

M-star said...
Sept. 1, 2012 at 4:07 am:
Awesome story!! I could picture everything in my mind so well! Plus, I love the quotes you used at the beginning of each chapter. There was some great emotion in the story too!! Really heartfelt!! Great job!:)

Vagabond replied...
Sept. 6, 2012 at 7:52 am :
Thanks a lot!!! :) :) Really Aprciated!! :) :) :)

MadelynHope said...
Aug. 27, 2012 at 10:15 am:
It is a little confusing, but entertaining, and the story idea is very unique. Continue.

Vagabond replied...
Sept. 6, 2012 at 7:53 am :
Thanks a lot for your feedback!! :) :)