The Vampire Prince | Teen Ink

The Vampire Prince

By Knightingale BRONZE, Green Bay, Wisconsin
Knightingale BRONZE, Green Bay, Wisconsin

Being a writer is like showing your but to the world
"fairy tail's Jet"

Author's note: please read and review i'm trying to get better at writing.

I ran as fast as I could to try and lose the guards who were hot on my tail. “Where did that little half go, I swear I’m going to beat her until she can’t move when I find her!” One of them boomed, I laughed after the 10 years I’ve been here I’ve never gotten caught.

Until today I guess. I wasn’t prepared to run smack into one of the head guards. “I’ve finally caught you, you little half.” He grabbed my arm and tugged me. “10 years I’ve let you run around playing hero to the servant kids but today it ends.” He sneered.

“Remember half that you are even lower than the humans that serve here I wonder and think of what the king is going to do to you. After he took you in so many years ago gave you food and a place to stay this is how you thank him? Hell I don’t expect you to come out alive.”

He yanked me hard towards the king’s study. I was prepared for the worst as he threw me inside the room and at the feet of the vampire king. “This is the brat that has been beating up our guards for the last 10 years. I leave her for you to do as you wish.”

The guard left with a smug look on his face probably thinking of all the way the king was going to beat me. “Alesana is this true are you the one that has been beating my guards and saving the servant children from their beatings?” I couldn’t look him in the eyes. “Yes, my lord.”

He pulled me up in a hug. “Thank you.” For a vampire king he was kind though he only showed this side to me. “I knew when I found you in my garden all those years ago that you had a strong sense of justice. “

That’s right he saved my life and took me in after being cast out by my village. In their eyes I was a dirty creature made from the sin of a human fornicating with a vampire and when I came to the vampire court it was vice versa. Only Alex, the king saw the good in me.

“I’m glad you’ve been doing this and I wish for you to keep it up but as the king I have to punish you, I’m sorry.” I looked up into those sad red eyes. “I understand.” I said as he called for a guard to beat me and then drag me to the dungeon. The whole time Alex couldn’t look he just faced the window.

As I lay in the dark, moldy dungeon unable to move I thought of what was to happen next. The guard had cracked most of my ribs and my eye was swollen shut so I couldn’t work just lay there. Days turned to weeks as I waited for them to let me out, to see light again.

“Alright half, time for you to start working.” A guard yanked me up making me wince at the pain in my side. He dragged me through the halls and down a part of the castle I wasn’t familiar with. We stopped at a large black door.

“What are we doing here?” I demanded from the guard I was answered by a slap upside the head. “Shut up and keep quite. Oh and when you meet the prince don’t look him in the eyes if you value your sight.” The prince? I never seen nor hear of Alex having a younger brother.

“Sir I’ve brought you your new servant.” He opened the door and I quickly looked down. “Another human?” I heard a silky, cool voice ask. “Unfortunately no, this is the half your brother keeps.” I heard soft footsteps come closer until I was looking down at a pair of black shoes.

“Hmm a half you say,” I felt him grab my chin hard and I closed my eyes in pain. “How interesting, you may leave us.” He said to the guard. “Yes, my lord.” I heard the door close and the man released my face.

“Alright half what may I call you.” I had my eyes fixated to the ground again. “Servant girl number one.” I said sarcastically even in this type of situation I couldn’t just behave like a good girl. This comment got me shoved against a wall. “I don’t want sarcasm I want an answer.” He pinned me to the walk digging his hands into my shoulder.

“Alesana.” I gasped when he pushed harder into me when I didn’t give him an answer. “Now was that so hard?” I didn’t say anything just kept looking at the ground. “My name is Jenst but you are never to call me that, understand.” I nodded.

“So I hear that you are the one beating all my guards up is this true?” “It is.” I heard him laugh. “This is great, half do you know who I am.” I shook my head. “I am the leader of the guards all of them report to me and no one else. I also give all the orders for the punishments that the servants receive.”

My eyes almost shot to his they made it to his chest when I realized what I was doing and looked back down. “You know I always thought the masked hero that beat my guards was a guy. I never guessed it was a half girl.” He laughed again.

There was a knocked on the door. “My lord this servant was found taking bread from the kitchen what do you want me to do with her.” My eyes fall upon a young girl that I remembered being a servant from the kitchen. “Bring her in.” I could hear the grin on his face and it made me sick.

“My… my lord please my mother is sick and starving because no one will give her food I had no other chose.” I heard a load slap that echoed throughout the room. “I don’t care what it was for you took food without permission and for that you will lose your hand.”

“No please sir, no!” She cried out to him begging. “Since I’m in a good mood I’ll let you chose what hand you keep.” I couldn’t take it any longer I stud between the two looking him dead in his blood red eyes. “You dare step in front of me and then look me in the eyes?”

“I can’t watch a sadistic prick like you harm someone right in front of me.” He looked shocked then anger set hard lines on his face. “What are you doing you idiot just kill her.” The guard let go of the girl and lunged at me. I quickly moved out of the way and kicked him in the face. I almost stumbled backwards at the pain the kick caused my side.

The guard went flying into the door, knocked out but by that time the prince’s personal body guards were there. I grabbed the sword from the man I just knocked out and went after the two guards. They quickly disarmed me with a blow to my hand. Blow after blow they wouldn’t go down and one of them had already sent me flying with a swift punch.

They surrounded me thinking they had me pinned but I quickly launched my feet in the air in a hand stand like position knocking one of the large men out a large widow. The glass shattered all over and I grabbed a piece of the shards I launched it into the others back making him scream in pain. With one push he was out the window and lying on the ground next to the other.

Out of breath and bleeding from a cut on my cheek I turned an animalistic gaze onto the prince. “You will let her go or I will make you.” He had no fear in his eyes just a smirk that I wanted to wipe off his face. “On one condition from now on you’ll be my personal body guard.”

I was confused I had just threatened him and he wants me to be his body guard. “Fine but if this ever happens again I will do the same thing as I just did.” He smiled clearly amused the sadistic freak. “Agreed now come here you have to seal the deal and you my dear my go.” He said to the girl who I watched stumbled out the door.

I didn’t know what he meant by “seal the deal” but I walked over to him anyways. Before I could tell what was happening he pulled me in an embrace and yanked my head to the side. A set of sharp fangs sunk into my neck making me gasp I could hear my blood leaving my veins.

At first it hurt but then it slowly turned into pleasurable feeling. His heart beat slowly started to match mine and then I felt limp. I started to collapse but surprisingly he caught me. My eyes slowly shut as I lost conciseness from all the blood loss. My last thought was what had I gotten myself into.

I really love to switch views when writing but i'm going to try and stick with just Alesana's or only but really short chapters like this for Jenst

I had been hypnotized by her the moment she had stepped into my study but she really got me when her violet eyes looked deep into mine with that animalistic look it made me shudder. Not to mention when she started fighting her raven hair flying wildly behind her as she knocked out 3 of my guards reminding me of an animal in a cage.

“My lord what shall I do with the girl.” I glanced over at her sleeping on the couch in the corner of my study. “Leave her for now on she is my one and only body guard.” The man looked like he was taken aback by that statement.

“You didn’t imprint with that reached excuses for a being, did you?” I glared at the man. “And so what if I did?” “My lord your brother will be furious at this.” That made me smirk I loved ticking off my ‘perfect’ older brother, the King. “And so what if he is I don’t care what he says from now on she’s mine.”

The man went to protest but I shut him up with a glare. “What are you still doing here, leave.” I said in a dangerous tone, I was in no mood to argue with someone lower than me. He bowed his head and left. God these humans are getting a little to ballsy for his taste.

I turned my head to look at her again that’s right from now on this girl was his and when he got tired of her he’d just kill her like all the rest. The imprint he had on her made her his and no one could argue it not even his brother.

I woke up with an incredible burning sensation on my neck that almost brought me to tiers. I slowly went through everything that happened and remembered when Jenst had bitten me. It sent chills down my back, why had he done that, I wondered.

“Finally awake I see.” I turned to see a man probably in his early 20’s looking at me. His short black hair and blood red eyes made him look paler then most vampires. His brother on the other hand had long blonde hair and was a lot kinder I thought to myself. I tried sitting up but collapsed back against the couch.

He had drained me of a lot of blood which made me dizzy, not to mention all the bruises and cuts I had on me from the fight. I heard him laugh. “Can’t get up?” His smirk pissed me off to prove him wrong I used the last of my strength to sit up.

“No I’m fine.” His smirk only grew. “Really now because from where I’m sitting you look completely excused.” I stud up trying to look tough I was not going to have his guy pity me. He did the same but as he rose I realized that he towered above me making him have to look down to meet my eyes as he examining me.

A corner of his mouth turned up in a corky grin. “Alright if you’re fine you can get out of this.” Before I knew it he pushed me hard into the couch pinning my arms above my head with one hand. I tried with all my might to struggle out of his grip but it was no use I was to worn out and something deep inside me told me even if I wasn’t I still wouldn’t have gotten myself free.

I couldn’t believe how strong he was as he pushed me harder into the couch. He must love messing with people because since I met him all he’s done is toy with me. I honestly felt like a mouse and he was a cat playing with his food before he killed it.

I was pulled back to reality when he put his lips to my ear and whispered sending shivers down my back. “I told you.” I could hear the smile in his voice. I turned my head away slightly embarrassed. He laughed and let go of me. “Get some rest you’ll have a long day ahead of you.”

I got up and was about to open the door and try to find my way back to the servants den when he stopped me. “Your room is no longer in the servants den since you are my personal guard your rooms next to mine.”
I rolled my eyes great now I had to stay by him to with that thought I walked out the door. “Sleep tight.” He called to me as I shut the door. I will never have a good night sleep knowing that he had such easy access to my room.
I braced myself on the wall looking for my room I was amazingly lost. I sighed I can’t keep wondering around like this. The girl that I had save came up to me meekly. “Um I wanted to thank you for saving me back there.”
“Don’t worry about it.” I said still looking around to see what part of the maze like hall I was going to look down next. “Um I really want to make it up to you and well since you look a little lost if you don’t mind I want to show you to you room.” I smiled helping these people sometimes paid off.

The girl led me down the hall way in silence which I was fine with until we got to my new room. “He… here you go.” I smiled at her kindly. “Thank you so much.” I walked into my new room and was shocked there was a real bed in there. In my whole 19 years living in this hell whole called earth I had never slept on a bed. I rushed over to it and laid down it was so soft. The warmth consumed me and I slowly drifted off to sleep.

Fire filled the court yard burning the beautiful garden. People where running and screaming. I was somehow not affected by the flames as I walked through them. I saw so many of the noble vampire’s heads on stakes.

I didn’t seem to control my feet as I walked towards the king’s corridor. Blood was everywhere and all over me. Was I bleeding or was this someone else’s blood. The door was open as I walked in. I gasped in surprise mentally as I saw Alex on the ground with a stake through his heart.

“Luka we did it we took over the North’s kingdom.” I, no this Luka seemed to grin. “And did we find the prince.” “No sir he seemed to have gotten away.” My hand rose up and snapped his neck. “You fools he’s the one that will stand in my way.” I kicked the dead body and laughed. “No worries I’ll find him and kill him with my own hands.”

All of a sudden the dream started to get fuzzy and a female voice whispered in MY ear. This is how you will start your path to find yourself little one. You must save the prince for he is the key. My dear Alesana I hope you are ready.

I woke up with a start and looked around. I slowly got out of bed even though my injured body protests. I looked out the window and sighed in relief. It was just a dream Alesana, just a terrible, terrible dream but why did I have it?

Knowing that nothing was no fire and no one was dead I crawled back to bed. I quickly feel into a quiet sleep and didn’t have another dream.

This book has 1 comment.

BluBirdWriter13, Nowhere, Kentucky
Loving the novel really intresting. Write more-looking forward to it.