365 Days

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 Next »

July

"Do you have the present?" you asked me, brushing your hair behind your ear and looking to the moving lights in the window.

"Yeah, I have the...what even is this?" I locked my car and rattled the wrapped present next to my ear.

You giggled. "Inside joke. Frances'll get it."

I suddenly got very hot, sweating beneath my oversize sweater, feeling magma boil through my veins. "How do you know Frances again?"

"Remember? We hung out at some New Year's party this year. We've kinda been talking. Frances is really cool, honey, you'll have fun."

I was always awful at parties. If I was the epitome of antisocialism at my own cousin's party, how could I have expected to be any different at Frances Hemsley's birthday party? I grinded my teeth together at the stupid inside joke gift I was holding, how cute you looked tonight.

"Did you hook up?"

Your eyes flashed when they looked at me. I was ashamed, felt a burst in my stomach when I saw how betrayed you felt.

"What? I mean...where the hell did that come from?"

"I don't know," I grumbled, shifting from foot to foot. "But that's not a 'no'."

You scoffed, crossed your arms. "Sweetheart, I...okay, so I kissed Frances on New Year's last year. I hadn't even known you then." You grabbed my elbow and kissed my cheek. "Please don't be jealous, babe. It's not a good look on you."

Instead of the kiss bursting like usual, it fizzled, and before you rang the doorbell, I handed you the present.

"I don't feel well. Enjoy yourself."

I walked away from your protesting, I called our friend Sarah and asked her to pick you up.

I knew what lay beyond that door: someone you had kissed before, standing in a corner, tortilla chips and salsa.

I just couldn't do it, and I know I've said it a million times before, but I am so sorry for that night.

WOWritingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 2 at 1:00 pm:
Beautiful :) just beautiful. I was a bit depressed before I read this and now I'm happy. My only critisizm is that some things were worded strangly and i didn't really get what it meant.

Maroon5Lover said...
this is a really beautiful story . you can raelly connect with the characters.PLEASE NEVER  STOP WRITING!!!!!!

AugustusH20sThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 25 at 6:43 pm :
Thank you very much! You're very kind. :) xBri

TangledLaces21 said...
Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:18 pm:
Not only did I feel connected to the characters, but this story drew me in with it's mystery and great vocabulary. It felt like reading a diary of a friend, feeling their pain as it came and went. Perhaps this is one of your own experiences, and that's why it's so meaningful. Or you could just have the gift of being an exceptional writer. Either way, this story touched me deeply for my own personal reasons. If I had the words, I'd tell you how beautifully it was written and how t... (more »)

May 25 at 6:42 pm :
Wow! This is very, very kind. I'm so happy you enjoyed it. Thank you! xBri

nemish23 said...
Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:01 pm:

That is so cute! I love it, but I think it could use some improvement on character development, especially.

Also, I didn't understand some of stuff that happened in the middle so I think you should make the plot clearer.

But I loved the idea of the months and 365 days! Great job!

<3

Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:05 pm :

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it. 

Can I trouble you for a more specific explanation of what wasn't clear to you? Maybe I can help clear some stuff up. Thanks x Bri

Kay_KayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 18, 2012 at 5:15 am:
I really like this piece :) I must admit, I am quite eager for more ^_^ I love how the characters connect and the insecurities weaved throughout it. I love it :)
Will there be a chapter 6?

Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:39 pm :
Aw, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Yes, there will be more. xBri

Kay_KayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:51 pm :
YAY! That's awesome! Can't wait :D