365 Days

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 Next »

May

“Wait.”

You looked more radiant than ever, with black formal pants and your pale lilac sweater to match the tips of your hair. You pulled me back from the door and I looked at the porchlights echoing in your eyes, your smile small and faint as you played with my fingers.

“What?” I mirrored the smile right back.

“What if they don’t like me?” you whispered, and I could’ve laughed, because you genuinely thought it was possible for someone not to like you.

“They’ll like you because I like you.”

“I like you,” you whispered.

“Well, good then,” I said, and reached for my doorknob.

“No, no.” You pulled me back and buried yourself into my chest, and I laughed as I wrapped my arms around your neck.

“Babe, you’re being ridiculous.”

“I’m just worried!” you insisted. “I’ve been a ruiner of things before, and I don’t want to be a ruiner of us. I quite like us.”

“You’re not a ruiner of things,” I said defensively, thinking of the cuts that are now scars, gliding like silkworms up the curve of your hips.

“You’re sure they’re okay with…” You gestured your hand and I thought of the obvious.

“Yes. They’ve known for years.”

“Okay.” Your voice got small. “Do they know about…my scars?”

“No,” I said, and kissed the top of your head. “Do you want them to know?”

“Not particularly.”

“Well, they don’t need to. That’s over now and it doesn’t define you.”

I laced my fingers through yours and you said, “You are a perfect human.”

I smirked. “That’s a lie.”

You finally let me open the door, and the smell of warm chicken and Caesar salad bounced off of my walls. I worried that my house might not be good enough for you; I still saw the ghosts of loose coupon books and sweaters strewn across the backs of chairs that I’d cleaned up this morning.

My mother hugged you, and you didn’t bat an eye. “So nice to meet you! Thank you so much for cooking dinner.”

“My pleasure, dear,” Mom said, and Dad swooped in behind to shake hands.

Mom mouthed to me ‘good one' over your shoulder.

I could’ve married you that night.

This book has 10 comments. Post your own now!

WOWritingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 2 at 1:00 pm
Beautiful :) just beautiful. I was a bit depressed before I read this and now I'm happy. My only critisizm is that some things were worded strangly and i didn't really get what it meant.

Maroon5Lover said...
this is a really beautiful story . you can raelly connect with the characters.PLEASE NEVER  STOP WRITING!!!!!!

AugustusH20s replied...
May 25 at 6:43 pm
Thank you very much! You're very kind. :) xBri

TangledLaces21 said...
Not only did I feel connected to the characters, but this story drew me in with it's mystery and great vocabulary. It felt like reading a diary of a friend, feeling their pain as it came and went. Perhaps this is one of your own experiences, and that's why it's so meaningful. Or you could just have the gift of being an exceptional writer. Either way, this story touched me deeply for my own personal reasons. If I had the words, I'd tell you how beautifully it was written and how t... (more »)

AugustusH20s replied...
May 25 at 6:42 pm
Wow! This is very, very kind. I'm so happy you enjoyed it. Thank you! xBri

nemish23 said...

That is so cute! I love it, but I think it could use some improvement on character development, especially.

Also, I didn't understand some of stuff that happened in the middle so I think you should make the plot clearer.

But I loved the idea of the months and 365 days! Great job!

<3

AugustusH20s replied...

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it. 

Can I trouble you for a more specific explanation of what wasn't clear to you? Maybe I can help clear some stuff up. Thanks x Bri

Kay_KayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 18, 2012 at 5:15 am
I really like this piece :) I must admit, I am quite eager for more ^_^ I love how the characters connect and the insecurities weaved throughout it. I love it :)
Will there be a chapter 6?

AugustusH20s replied...
Aw, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Yes, there will be more. xBri

Kay_KayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
YAY! That's awesome! Can't wait :D