365 Days

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12

December

It's a sticky transition out of depression, a sort of quicksand mentality that can't be remedied by booze or a relationship or both. It's a matter of time. It's a matter of not thrashing about anymore and clawing at the walls in vain, but looking for loose vines to grab onto and gently easing yourself out.

With Sam on the crook of my elbow, I felt no anxieties going to Hillary and her roommates' house for New Year's Eve, and only waved a brief hello to Sprinkles instead of a long renedezvous. I didn't touch the Chex Mix. Sam took a picture of Hillary's framed picture of us as little kids, kept it as blackmail.

You said that you didn't want 'us' to have just been a transition. We were just a transition, but really everything is, everything in our lives is just trying to propel us forward into the next transition.

But every stage depends on the previous one, and there is no way that I would be holding Sam's hand instead of staring at my wall had it not been for you. You might've sat in your bathtub a lot more evenings than necessary had it not been for me.

We texted Happy New Years to each other, and I hoped that if you kissed someone that they would be nice and gentle and everything you wanted, but I really did not wish it was me.

At midnight I kissed Sam, and I felt the clocks reset and numbers change and thought of everyone kissing at that very second and I knew I was gonna be okay.

The End
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12

This book has 10 comments. Post your own now!

WOWritingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 2 at 1:00 pm
Beautiful :) just beautiful. I was a bit depressed before I read this and now I'm happy. My only critisizm is that some things were worded strangly and i didn't really get what it meant.

Maroon5Lover said...
this is a really beautiful story . you can raelly connect with the characters.PLEASE NEVER  STOP WRITING!!!!!!

AugustusH20s replied...
May 25 at 6:43 pm
Thank you very much! You're very kind. :) xBri

TangledLaces21 said...
Not only did I feel connected to the characters, but this story drew me in with it's mystery and great vocabulary. It felt like reading a diary of a friend, feeling their pain as it came and went. Perhaps this is one of your own experiences, and that's why it's so meaningful. Or you could just have the gift of being an exceptional writer. Either way, this story touched me deeply for my own personal reasons. If I had the words, I'd tell you how beautifully it was written and how t... (more »)

AugustusH20s replied...
May 25 at 6:42 pm
Wow! This is very, very kind. I'm so happy you enjoyed it. Thank you! xBri

nemish23 said...

That is so cute! I love it, but I think it could use some improvement on character development, especially.

Also, I didn't understand some of stuff that happened in the middle so I think you should make the plot clearer.

But I loved the idea of the months and 365 days! Great job!

<3

AugustusH20s replied...

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it. 

Can I trouble you for a more specific explanation of what wasn't clear to you? Maybe I can help clear some stuff up. Thanks x Bri

Kay_KayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 18, 2012 at 5:15 am
I really like this piece :) I must admit, I am quite eager for more ^_^ I love how the characters connect and the insecurities weaved throughout it. I love it :)
Will there be a chapter 6?

AugustusH20s replied...
Aw, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Yes, there will be more. xBri

Kay_KayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
YAY! That's awesome! Can't wait :D