365 Days

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 Next »

October

Sam from my Calculus class asked me to a movie.

Not a silent one, just a regular one, and it was strange holding someone else's hand that was not yours and smelling popcorn in a grimy lobby with no cinnamon sugar on it and giggling and holding buttery fingers on a seat with someone other than you.

We kissed during the movie, taking a cue from the beautiful actors on the screen. Their kiss was probably better than Sam's and mine, but Sam tasted like Sour Patch Kids and smelled like sandalwood, and the hair standing up on the back of my neck was nostalgic and strange, and I didn't think too hard about you until I stood on my doorstep and remembered that one night a long time ago you didn't want to go in because you were scared to meet my parents.

I was full of crap snacks from the movie theater but my mom was happy and restless that I seemed so happy on a date that she made me some soup and turned on the TV to some comedy show we never really watched.

"You didn't have to do this, Mom," I said, and her rosemary chicken noodle soup was light and warm.

"I wanted to." Mom ruffled my hair. "You're really different, honey. I have a good feeling about this Sam."

It was THEN that I felt a bit sad. I thought of my mom mouthing 'good one' when she had met you long ago. I hope you know that you are a good one, just not the right one, and that is a fact of most failed relationships.

WOWritingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 2 at 1:00 pm:
Beautiful :) just beautiful. I was a bit depressed before I read this and now I'm happy. My only critisizm is that some things were worded strangly and i didn't really get what it meant.

Maroon5Lover said...
this is a really beautiful story . you can raelly connect with the characters.PLEASE NEVER  STOP WRITING!!!!!!

AugustusH20sThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 25 at 6:43 pm :
Thank you very much! You're very kind. :) xBri

TangledLaces21 said...
Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:18 pm:
Not only did I feel connected to the characters, but this story drew me in with it's mystery and great vocabulary. It felt like reading a diary of a friend, feeling their pain as it came and went. Perhaps this is one of your own experiences, and that's why it's so meaningful. Or you could just have the gift of being an exceptional writer. Either way, this story touched me deeply for my own personal reasons. If I had the words, I'd tell you how beautifully it was written and how t... (more »)

May 25 at 6:42 pm :
Wow! This is very, very kind. I'm so happy you enjoyed it. Thank you! xBri

nemish23 said...
Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:01 pm:

That is so cute! I love it, but I think it could use some improvement on character development, especially.

Also, I didn't understand some of stuff that happened in the middle so I think you should make the plot clearer.

But I loved the idea of the months and 365 days! Great job!

<3

Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:05 pm :

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it. 

Can I trouble you for a more specific explanation of what wasn't clear to you? Maybe I can help clear some stuff up. Thanks x Bri

Kay_KayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 18, 2012 at 5:15 am:
I really like this piece :) I must admit, I am quite eager for more ^_^ I love how the characters connect and the insecurities weaved throughout it. I love it :)
Will there be a chapter 6?

Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:39 pm :
Aw, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Yes, there will be more. xBri

Kay_KayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:51 pm :
YAY! That's awesome! Can't wait :D