365 Days

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Next »

January

Chapter 1: January
I had spent New Year's Eve at my cousin Hillary's house. This was always a mistake I only realized when I got there, and Hillary's Absolut-stained breath wheezed into a "Haaaaay baby cousinnnnn!"

I would stand by the bowl of Chex Mix all evening and find myself strangely emotionally invested in her cat Sprinkles all evening. Meanwhile, Hillary and her college friends were drinking and vomiting and making out to the synthetic pounding of some Rihanna song, and I wished I'd stayed home to watch the Nick at Nite marathon.

We all went on the porch when it was midnight, and after the shouted countdown, mouths found mouths and I stood awkwardly with Sprinkles tucked beneath my arm, fidgeting and meowing to get down, while my cousin and her friends tangled tongues like it was some alien handshake.

I had no idea that you were just across town, swaying in the arms of Frances Hemsley, who you'd only known for the duration of the party. What if you two had kissed in front of me at Hillary's party? I would've thought you were the same as all of them.

I'm glad you decided to go to Frances's party instead of Hillary's, I really am.

I never told you this, I was afraid you'd laugh, but that night I felt so lonely and unkissable I actually kissed Sprinkles's cheek at midnight. She leapt from my arms immediately and I had to spit to get the fluff out of my mouth.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Next »

This book has 10 comments. Post your own now!

WOWritingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 2 at 1:00 pm
Beautiful :) just beautiful. I was a bit depressed before I read this and now I'm happy. My only critisizm is that some things were worded strangly and i didn't really get what it meant.

Maroon5Lover said...
this is a really beautiful story . you can raelly connect with the characters.PLEASE NEVER  STOP WRITING!!!!!!

AugustusH20s replied...
May 25 at 6:43 pm
Thank you very much! You're very kind. :) xBri

TangledLaces21 said...
Not only did I feel connected to the characters, but this story drew me in with it's mystery and great vocabulary. It felt like reading a diary of a friend, feeling their pain as it came and went. Perhaps this is one of your own experiences, and that's why it's so meaningful. Or you could just have the gift of being an exceptional writer. Either way, this story touched me deeply for my own personal reasons. If I had the words, I'd tell you how beautifully it was written and how t... (more »)

AugustusH20s replied...
May 25 at 6:42 pm
Wow! This is very, very kind. I'm so happy you enjoyed it. Thank you! xBri

nemish23 said...

That is so cute! I love it, but I think it could use some improvement on character development, especially.

Also, I didn't understand some of stuff that happened in the middle so I think you should make the plot clearer.

But I loved the idea of the months and 365 days! Great job!

<3

AugustusH20s replied...

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it. 

Can I trouble you for a more specific explanation of what wasn't clear to you? Maybe I can help clear some stuff up. Thanks x Bri

Kay_KayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 18, 2012 at 5:15 am
I really like this piece :) I must admit, I am quite eager for more ^_^ I love how the characters connect and the insecurities weaved throughout it. I love it :)
Will there be a chapter 6?

AugustusH20s replied...
Aw, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Yes, there will be more. xBri

Kay_KayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
YAY! That's awesome! Can't wait :D