Speak No Evil | Teen Ink

Speak No Evil

June 3, 2012
By bthere4u4ever, Pleasanton, California
More by this author
bthere4u4ever, Pleasanton, California
0 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
life doesn't create you, you create your life


Author's note: This story is on wattpad on my account which is setyourselffree13

Chapter 1 Skye
Flashback****

Skye you have to be a good girl. I won't always be around for you. I need you to promise me that when you grow up you will be nice to everyone no matter how mean they are to you. You also need to share with people don't be selfish people don't like selfish people.

End of flashback****

Just the thought of my mother brought tears to my eyes. She had known she was going to die and she told me to be good. Those were her last words to me before she died. Sometimes at night I get a little lonely and can’t sleep. Those are the times I miss my mother the most. I try my best now to be good. I want my mother to be proud of me. She deserves the best.

"Skyeeee come down hereee" a very slurred voice called out to me.

Shoot my dad came home. Sometimes I'm lucky and my dad doesn't come home. Other times he come how a few hours after midnight. I rush down the stairs as fast as I can. As I reach the bottom of the stairs I see him sitting on the couch. His face is red and he is holding a can of beer in his hand. Isn't he drunk enough?

"Skyeee come heree you have been a badd girl" He slurred.

I shiver at his words. Tonight will not end well. I slowly edged closer to him as he reached out towards me. He grabbed my arm. I was already starting to feel the familiar feeling of dread. First he caressed my cheek. Then he slapped hard.

"Skye you look just like your mom when she was young. So beautiful. But she's gone now and you make me sick!" He kicked me hard on my stomach making me double over in pain. I never understood why he did this to me. I didn't change when my mother died and I tried to be good to him. I'm his own flesh and blood. Does this make him feel better? Suddenly I felt something cold press against my stomach. Pain seared through me. An unwanted whimper escaped my lips.

"Don't make a sound." He whispered menacingly.

His words sent shivers down my spine. He pushed the knife deeper into my stomach then pulled it out. I felt like screaming, but I couldn't or else it would get worse. I realize that the physical pain didn't hurt as much as what I was feeling inside. The look in his eyes was so cold. He had a smile on his face, but his eyes were empty. I suddenly felt so cold and alone. Would this nightmare continue to haunt me? This is no nightmare, I had to remind myself. This was the real thing.

I look up into the face of the man I had once called dad. The man who used to buy me things whenever I asked for them. The man who used to spoil me filthy. Now that image of a perfect dad was gone. It has been replaced by such coldness. It was so bad that it hurt. I stared into those cold eyes. A face with no emotion. I pondered everything that had happened in my life. I didn’t even notice all the pain till he left. When he walked out the room I felt everything. I had fallen back into the hands of reality. My life was never given an easy path. I tried standing up, but collapsed back onto the ground realizing that my legs were numb. I was losing feeling everywhere. Pain was shooting through my body from every bone, cut, and muscle. I couldn’t move. All I could do was sit and watch myself bleed. Not for the first time in life I wondered. Would I die?

No, never. Never in my life have I ever bled to death. Death wouldn’t accept me. My father never let me fall too deep. Sometimes I get so close, but the life pulls back at me. I’m not allowed to fall into the hands of death. I must stay and fulfill whatever. A wave of dizziness came over me. The last thing I think is ‘Oh s***’ as my head crumbles to the ground.

I wake up. It’s 6 AM. The sun is just rising. I get up, sore all over. I take a quick shower and grab my backpack. I need to leave. I don’t wanna be in the house just in case my father wakes up. I second I get outside I scream. I scream muffling my scream with my hands. Before I could stop myself I was crying. Tears were streaming down my face as I started walking towards the school. I tried stopping the tears, but at a point I broke down sobbing. People passed me sending me weird and worried looks. But none stopped to see what was wrong. I must have looked very strange. I was wearing loose jeans and a black hoodie which covered my bruised face. I was the beginning of a new school year yet again. But nothing has changed. Sometimes I feel so bad. I’m so ugly. I’m so broken. I’m so stupid. I’m so useless. That’s what everybody says. What was the point of me being here? The tears finally stopped. I continued on my way to school. At the school gate I saw a new girl. She looked lost.

“Do you need help looking for the office? It’s just around the corner.” I said to her kindly.

“Thanks! Everyone else seemed so busy I didn’t want to ask them.” She answered.

I nodded and waved a goodbye and walked away. I am hoping no one saw me with her, or else her life might end up messed up. I ra to my class in a hurry. The bell was about to ring. I made it to the classroom just as the bell rang. Sadly the teacher was already there. By the time I scuffled to the back of the room the teacher was talking.

“Excuse me, but I do not allow students to wear hoods in my class. Please take it off.” The teacher exclaimed.

The other students snickered.

“I can’t sir. I’m really sorry, but please just let me be. Please.” I said, desperation leaking into my voice.

“I am warning you, today is the first day so I’ll let you go, but I want to hear your excuse after class.”

I nodded, not daring to speak again. there were 2 new students, and I didn’t want to freak them out right away. One was the girl I helped. The other was a boy whom had become popular the minute he walked in. Girls were already flaunting themselves at him, and popular guys were already talking with him. I found it pretty sad that someone who looked so nice would end up so cruel like the others. People started throwing notes at me. They all said negative things like b****, freak, weirdo. I just let them throw them at me.

The teacher took attendance.

“Skye Fox”

“Here.”

“Skye, could you bring me those notes please?”

I was shocked. This was the first time a teacher asked to see the things the other kids threw at me. I got up and handed the little pile to him. I didn’t look at his face. If I did he would probably see the bruises. He read the notes in him hand. He frowned at them.

“Skye, I know it is the first day of school, but if you're being bullied you can ask for help.” He said gently.

His words surprised me and I looked up. He gasped. I opened my mouth ajar.

“They didn’t do it! Really!” I said hastily.

“I see... You may go back to your seat. Also, students I do not tolerate bullying in my class. Raise your hand if you wrote one of these notes, or else everyone will be in trouble EXCEPT Skye.”

No one moved.

“Sir! It’s fine. They didn’t do it to offend me. They were telling me what they felt!” I said trying to cover for them.

The new students and the teacher gaped at me. A couple students whom had never been in my class also gaped at me. I smiled weakly.

“As you say...” The teacher said.

“Sir, I think you’re wasting your time now. It’s the first day, and we don’t even know your name yet!” I said, trying to change the topic.

“Ahh, err, yes, my name is Mr. Johnson. I am your homeroom teacher, as well as your english teacher.”

“Are you single?” A random girl asked.

“Yes, but I’m much too old for you.”

“How old are you?” Another girl asked.

“24” Mr. Johnson said.

“That’s not that old!”

“But you girls are 16 or 17.”

I stopped listening from then. The girls were such sluts. Some of them even had boyfriends. Shame on them...

When the bell rang the popular people walked past me. They “accidentally” made my papers and pencil box fall to the ground scattering everything.

“Thanks. I was planning to rearrange everything!” I said enthusiastically, but I didn’t mean a single word. But I didn’t wanna say anything bad either.

The new girl got up and helped me.

“You shouldn’t help me. They might hurt you.” I told her quietly.

“They aren’t here right now.” She said, confidently.

I wish I had that confidence. I later found out the girl’s name was Hannah Lakewood. Also the boy’s name was Jason West. Hannah was kind when no one was around, and her small acts of kindness touched my heart. I never really talked to Jason, but then Mr. Johnson put me and Jason together for an English project. I didn’t want Jason to know my secret, but there was no way of him not finding out while we were to do a project together. He would probably think I’m really weird. After all. No one knows much about me. Jason isn’t mean to me. But he might be after he finds out.

That day I was so tired, and I lost track of time. I got home later than usual. Luckily my father wasn’t home. I was wrong he was. But he wasn’t alone. He was with a woman. I was horrified. they weren’t even in his room. They were on the couch. The lady smiled when she saw me. I couldn’t see her body, but I knew what they were doing. I rushed out of the house. My father grabbed me. He had put on boxers.

“Little b****. You’re not going anywhere. You can join us. You want t right? You’re such a slut.”

I didn’t say anything, but I knew I was shaking with fear. I had a feeling tonight wasn’t going to end well. He grabbed me and pulled me onto the couch. The lady was still naked. I felt so disgusted. I tried to move away, but he grabbed me. Suddenly there was banging on our door. The lady grabbed her clothes, and slipped them on surprisingly fast. My father was also putting on his clothes. I breathed a sigh of relief. I jumped up, and opened the door. To my surprise Jason, and a man that looked a lot like Jason, but was older, smiled at me.

“Hi! We are your new neighbors. We were hoping that you would like to coe to our house to join us for dinner. This is my son, Jason, and I am Kurt.”

“I’m Skye, and that is my dad, Luke.”

They looked at me expecting me to tell them that the lady was my mother, but when I didn’t they realized that I didn’t know this lady, and a awkward silence overcame us.

“Well, Kurt, we are good. No need to ask us for dinner.” My father said to him.

I could tell that my father was trying to keep the sneer from his face. Jason cringed at his words. He looked at me. Suddenly his eyes widened. I looked at where he was looking. He was looking at my wrist. It had a large purple bruise forming on it. Probably from when my father grabbed my wrist. I quickly moved my wrist out of everyone’s view, and quietly excused myself.

After I got makeup to cover the bruise, I made sure any other bruise was unseen. Also just to be sure I also changed to long sleeves. As I opened my door I heard voices, and realized my dad probably was pretending to be sweet so that they wouldn’t suspect anything later on because he was so kind. That’s what he did with the old neighbors. The only reason they moved away was because we were a bit too loud, but I doubted that they even thought of the fact that my father was abusing me.

“Hi.” I said as I went down the stairs. Jason was looking at me more intensely than before.

“Hi.” He said.

“Skye, why don’t you bring Jason to your room?” My father said in a sickly sweet voice.
I nodded and motioned for Jason to follow me. I also noted the fact that the lady my dad had been with had left. When I got to my room I said “Well, here it is!”

“Cool. But it looks a bit empty.” Jason said.

“Yeah, heehee.” I said awkwardly.

“What happened to your wrist?” He asked bluntly.

“Nothing.” I answered playing dumb.

“Don’t lie. I saw it.”

“It’s nothing. I’m fine.” I said, putting on my best fake smile that made everyone forget.

“Stop it! Stop putting that fake smile.”

My eyes bulged. He saw right through me. Suddenly I felt vulnerable. What was he playing at?

“I’m OK...” I said weakly.

In a way I knew I was just trying to reassure myself. I was lying to myself, lying to Jason, lying to everyone. But there was a part of my that I didn’t want to admit that I was hurting. Jason didn’t say anything to my weak reply. He slowly wrapped his arms around me.

“Don’t cry, please.” He said.

I hadn’t known that I had started crying. Just then I completely broke down. I couldn’t hold the feelings in anymore. I was so scared. Also I am ashamed that I am scared of my own father. When I looked up at Jason his eyes widened.

“What happened?” He whispered.

I realized that my tears probably washed away the makeup I had been wearing to cover up my bruises. I shyed away from him, not knowing what else to do I buried my head in my arms. He quickly came over and hugged me. I was suddenly so tired. I didn’t wanna do anything else. Just like that I fell asleep in his arms, feeling safe for the first time in a long time.

Chapter 2 Jason POV

She fell asleep in my arms. She never answered my question. What happened to her? Who has treated her so bad? She seemed like such a nice person. I do not easily trust people, but I feel so drawn towards this girl. At the same time I see strength in her I see how fragile she is too. I hate to see someone so broken.

Then I realized something. I was holding an almost stranger in my arms. I had let her cry in my arms. I even hugged her, and I didn’t feel awkward at all... What’s going on? Just then my phone went off. Skye didn’t even stir. She must have been really tired.

“Hello?”

“Yo, Jason my man, it’s Jared.”

“Oh, hey man.”

“I heard you live by that freak, what’s her name? Sally?”

“Her name is Skye, but yeah, I live near her. Why?”

“Well, I was thinking you could get some information about her, and you know tell us. We can use it against her. Maybe she will leave, or go die. No one wants her around anyway.”

“Why are you guys so mean to her?”

“Mean? We aren’t mean to her! She’s a freak. Also, she never gets angry at us of tells us to stop. So what’s the problem?”

“I don’t really think she’s a freak...”

“Man, you better watch your words. You might not be allowed to hang out with us.”

“Who’s us?”

“The popular people of course. Anyway you can hang out with the losers if you want, but I guarantee that it won’t end well if you get along really well with Sally.”

“It’s Skye, but whatever.”

“You’ll regret it one day, being so kind to her isn’t going to do any good for you. She always wears a hood to cover her face. Most of the time she wears long pants and sleeves. She never swims or anything. It’s like she’s hiding something.”

“So what if she is. Bullying her isn’t helping her.”

“Look dude, she isn’t complaining. She never has. Ever since her mom died when she was little she’s been really strange OK? We actually used to be pretty close, and I guess I feel sorta bad about the things we do to her, but she kicked us out of her life!”

“So you decided to hurt her?”

“Look dude, don’t tell, but when I was younger I had sort of a crush on her OK? I felt really bad when no one could do anything to help her. Everyday I watched her break more and more. She soon shut herself away. She always has this fake smile on her face now and it’s horrible.”

“You know she’s really pretty if you really look at her?”

“How do you know?” Jared asked.

“I’m with her now, but she’s asleep in my arms.”

“Dude! She let you near her? That’s amazing. Anyway so can you do what I just asked for from the beginning?”

“No! I can’t break her more than she already has been hurt. I’m not doing anything stupid again.”

“Dude, what happened 6 years ago wasn’t your fault. You were only 11!.”

“She was only 10! I hurt her so much that she forgot!”

“Skye is strong, maybe she’ll remember. If she remembers I’m sure she will forgive you. She’s a really nice girl and never says anything mean. She won’t hold a grudge against you.”

“She doesn’t even know. It’s all my fault.”

I looked down at the girl That was in my arms. She looked to broken. She had bruises on her face. Downstairs I also saw bruises on her wrist. What has she been through?

“Look, dude I gotta go, but we can talk more tomorrow at school.”

“K, bye” I said, and hung up.

I life is full of crap isn’t it? People don’t know how to treat each other. There should be more people like Skye these days. So she never gets mad ehh? That’s amazing. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. I shook Skye. She opened her eyes immediately, and then she flinched. Her body visibly relaxed when she saw it was me.

“Thank you.” she said quietly.

I smiled and nodded at her. Just then the door opened, and there stood my father and Skye’s father. My father smiled at me and said

“Jason, it’s time to go. We don’t want to intrude too much.”

“Yeah, ‘kay dad coming.”

“Remember, Luke, if anything bad ever happens you can call me, I’m the police, and I’m not afraid to show it.” My dad started laughing like that was an inside joke, but Luke clearly didn’t get it, so he only get out a nervous chuckle.

“Ok, thanks for showing me to your room Skye. Bye,”

“Bye.” She said with her sweet voice.

Just before I left I saw a guitar on the side of her room. It was hidden pretty well, but I play the guitar, and I love it. I’m surprised that I didn’t even notice it before. I wonder... Does she play?

Skye POV


Right after Jason and his father left my father said

“I’m leaving, and probably not coming home tonight. Bye.”

I nodded. The second he left I took out my guitar. I made a song:

One of those days I'm doubting everything just...
One of those days I'm allegarin, wondering...
One of those times I feel like I never been so...
How can I get outta
This hole scene I've get deep into
[CHORUS]
I remind myself
Is only temporary
I will find myself... yeah, yeah.
Gotta be a way up
I don't wanna stay down to I can't breath
Just to mind me...

What if I try to
Run the other way
Will I remember who I was yesterday?
I don't believe that voices in my head
They wanna put me under
I'm not that desperate yet.

[CHORUS]

Underneath the way inside my room is something beautiful
For now...
I'm brand new here
I remind myself
Is only temporary
I will find myself... yeah, yeah
I'm stuck inside my own mind
It is unnecessary
I will find myself

I will find myself
Is only temporary
I'm at behind myself
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Gotta be a way up
I don't wanna stay down to I can't breath
Just to mind me (the way inside my room is something beautiful)
Just to mind me...

One of those days I'm doubting everything
Is only temporary...

When I finished the song I was very happy. I love singing a lot. I also love playing the guitar. I learned how to play myself, in secret too. If my father knew I had a guitar he would probably break it. My mom used to play guitar, but after she died my father hid her guitar away. If he saw my guitar I don’t know how he would react but I know that it wouldn’t be something to look forward to. I won’t let him take it away though. My love for music is as strong as it is for my mother. It is one of the few things I have left of my mother. Everything else has been locked away from me by my father. All but my memories. If there was one thing I could have I would would ask for my mother.

I woke up feeling strange. I realized that I was lying on the ground with my guitar next to me. As I got up my back ached. Urg must remember not to fall asleep on the ground ever again. I glanced at the clock, and jumped up. It was 6:30! What happened to my get up early plans? I’m surprised I even fell asleep. I quickly put my guitar back to its hiding place and got ready for school. As I close the door to my house I see Jason. He seemed to have just gone on a run, and was going home. When he saw me he waved. I was shocked but waved back. I quickly made my way to school. I don’t wanna be nearly late like before.

When I got to school I saw that Jason was already there. His car parked near the school gates. I wish I had a car. Just to get around, but there was no point asking my father for anything. We don’t exactly have money either. Once in awhile I get a job, but right now I am not employed because I was late or skipped too much and got fired. I know I needed the job, but I never wanted to actually go. It was like my father and I, we were living on the little money I made sometimes. If I didn’t make any money then we would probably be dead by now. “Hi Skye!” Hannah whispered as she passed me. I gave her a small smile. It felt nice to know that someone was talking to me. It wasn’t so lonely anymore suddenly. That made me happy.

CHAPTER 3 SKYE POV

I need to find a new job. Soon too. My dad has been buying a lot of things lately. When will he act like a normal father again? I didn't know that a 16 years old girl had to support her family while her father only spent it and lost it. I know that I am sorta over reacting but I don't want to live like this anymore.

"Hey Skyeeee I hear that you have a new neighbor and he's going to help us hurt you." Someone said in a sickly sweet voice, while pulling the e in my name extra long.

I didn't wanna look up so I didn't. I also didn't want to believe the person. But it was hard not to consider it because I had been tricked many times. Jason was so nice though. He let me cry in his arms even though we barely knew each other. He was really sweet. I cursed myself to even think that he would be like the others.

“Hey Skye!” Said a deeper voice.

This one was most nicer, and it wasn’t pretending to be sweet. I looked up to see myself face to face with Jason. He had leaned in to look at me when I wasn’t looking at him so then when I turned around I came face to face with him. I felt blood rush up to my cheeks. His lip were right in front of mine. If I moved a little closer our lips would have been touching. We stayed like that for a few seconds, then I broke away. How could I think about kissing him? No one would want to kiss me. I’m so stupid.

When I turned to look at Jason I could have sworn I saw a tinge of red on his cheeks. I nearly giggled out loud. I must be crazy. He wouldn’t get embarrassed because of me. I’m just Skye. Plain old Skye. The outcast that no one likes. Not even her own father... I hate this. I never tried to do anything bad. It just happened. Sometimes I realize it’s too late to even look back into the past. People sometimes say make your past better not bitter, but what can I do to make it seem like my past is better? What happened in the past is what make things that happens now happen. I don’t really think anything good has happened except meeting Jason.

I must be going crazy. Looney in the head I say. When I got home that day my dad was home, but he wasn’t with a woman or drunk! I thought I was getting lucky, and he was getting better... I was wrong.

“Skye, honey. You’re back!”

“Yeah, dad, I’m back.”

“Come here.”

I walked towards him. Only a little scared. He isn’t drunk, so he isn’t going to do anything right? I took a few more steps closer. I guess I was too slow for him because he suddenly lashed out and pulled me roughly.

“You don’t have a job right now do you?” He asked me angrily.

I shook my head, not being able to find my voice. I was even more scared than usual. I thought that if my father wasn’t drunk he wouldn’t do anything.

“Who’s paying for anything now?! I’m not! Why would I? I raised to a perfect age! 10. You got double digits, then you have to pay for your own things and for me. I thought we had that clear! Where is all the money now!” He roared.

I fell onto my knees as he let go of my arm. Suddenly I felt so tired. He poured something down my throat. It burned, but it went down. The minute I started to feel dizzy I knew it was some kind of drug. Am I gonna die this time? Maybe and overdose?

No such luck. That was the first thing I said to myself in my head as I heard beeping. Of course I had somehow landed in the hospital. What outrageous story did my father say this time? To my surprise when I opened my eyes I saw someone sitting on the side, but it was not my father. It was Jason. His face was buried in his hands, and he looked majorly depressed.

“Jason?”

He bolted up making me jump.

“Skye! You’re okay!”

“Yeah... Sadly...” I muttered. He didn’t hear me.

“I was so scared when I found you! I heard sounds coming from your house, and when I went to check it out your front door was open and you were by yourself lying on the floor unconscious.”

“You found me?!”

“Yeah! I didn’t know what to do so I carried you to my car and I drove you here.”

“Thanks...”

He just nodded. An awkward silence came over us, but none of us tried to break it.

“Do you remember who did it to you?”

“Did what?”

“Drugged you.”

“Someone drugged me?” I asked, feigning innocence.

“Yeah... It was pretty strong. I thought you were going to die. I was scared that I was too late, but the nurse told me that you were lucky I saved you just in time, any later, and they might not have been able to revive you. You were legally dead for 3 minutes.”

Just then I did the most stupidest thing ever. I started laughing. Then I became hysterical and started laughing while crying.

“Why couldn’t you have just left me there? I should have died you know? I wanted too.” I screeched at him.

He looked taken aback at my words and scared. He walked forward, and did the strangest thing. He kissed my forehead. I sat there shocked. I didn’t know what to do. Tears were still falling, but I was no longer hysterical. Then he whispered into my eyes, sounding so broken.

“Please, please don’t say that ever. You’re the most amazing person I’ve ever met. What happened to you?”

“Everything happened.” I whispered ever so softly.

At first I though he didn’t hear.I was wrong.

“Why are you here? You don’t even know me. We barely know each other.”

“I know you really well. You seem to have forgotten me Skye. Did you block me out of your memories?” He asked me.

“Jason, you’re starting to freak me out. We never met before you moved here, so I don’t know what’s going on.” I said, panic clear in my voice.

“I’m sorry visiting hours are over young man.” A lady said from the doorway.

She looked like a nurse. Jason nodded, and waved to me. He left without another sound, and I just stared after him.

“Hey honey! You’re awake! I’ll go get the doctor.” The nurse said more cheerfully.

I just stared at her. She took that a sign to go, and she left leaving me alone until the doctor got here.

What was Jason talking about...?

Jason POV

Dang it! I totally messed up! How could I just go up to her and say that? I’m f*cked up. Oh lord. She obviously forgot me. Also, that is for the better. It’s not like I brought any good to her in her life. All I’ve done is bring her bad luck. What kinda boy does that? I can’t just remake my path for myself... Nothing can take back what I did before.

I punched a wall beside me. I’m so stupid... She obviously forgot me for a reason. Reasons that I can’t change...

Skye POV

Soon the doctor came in.

“How do you feel Skye? You had some rough days.”

“I feel a bit dizzy and confused.” I told him honestly.

“Well that’s normal considering what’s been happening to you. Skye I need you to tell me the truth. Is this the first time someone has assaulted you, and drugged you?”

“No.” I replied again, honestly. But I wasn’t giving him more. I wasn’t going to sell out my own father. That’s too cruel. I love him despite the things he has done to me. sometimes I do ask myself why do I love him so much. So much that I won’t tell anyone what he does to me? He may be cruel, and evil. But I have no right to do the same back at him. No one can save me. But no one can save him either. If one day he starts to regret. He’s going to be stuck with it him whole life. He can’t turn back time and fix what he has done.

“Skye, do you know how many days you have been out?”

“One?”

“No! You’ve been out for a week, and that boy has been with you the whole time beside when he wasn’t allowed. Is he your boyfriend? You're very lucky to have him.”

“No! He’s not my boyfriend!” I said, it came out harsher than I intended, but I was sure that my face was all shades of red.

“Oh, that’s a pity...”

“ Hey, what day is it?”

“Monday.”

“Oh no! The rent... I need to pay the rent for my house! this is horrible. where can I get a job that gives a lot of money just over a night? I have to pay tomorrow or else my father and I will be kicked out! Can I be discharged now?”

“Yes let me go get the papers, but why aren’t your parents picking you up? In fact i don’t think your parents even came to look at you the whole time you were unconscious.”

“They are really busy... They have a lot on their mind that’s probably why.”

I really didn’t wanna talk about my family with a strange doctor who seemed to be overly interested by my life. When the doctor came back with the papers, and I was free to go I know that there was only one job I could go to now that I could get enough money to pay the rent tomorrow...

That job is...

Chapter 4 Skye POV

That job is... street racing. It’s amazing how much money you get. I can’t say I’m good at street racing, but I needed the money. It was either that or to be a stripper, but I would never... (no offense to anyone) If I lose, I’m dead. If I win I can save myself. I went to the backyard. The backyard is where we meet up to race. I don’t go often, but when I do. I win. This time though, I’ve never been so desperate. I have to win.

“Hey! Joe, Ima race today!” I said the minute I saw Joe. He was the team leader. I was allowed to race because he knew part of my situation. He knew that I was the one who earned the money in my family. But that’s all he knew. I wasn't planning on telling him more.

“Oh Skye! That great! The other teams got quite a few people. Let’s crush them!” Joe replied. He was happy to see me. Thank the gods. (A/N I know nth about street racing ‘cept i think u get a lot of money 4 it so don’t blame me if i get my facts wrong)

He beckoned me to follow him. As we entered a room everyone yelled.

“Skye! You’re here! We will win for sure now!”

I guess they aren’t surprised about my surprise visits. We left soon after going to the race. There were a lot of racers, but most only came to watch. The opposing people were all big looking, and quite intimidating. We got ready to race. I waited for the gunshot. BOOM. I stepped on the petals. I love racing, but it’s dangerous. I didn’t bother looking at anyone else. I just watch the road, and myself that’s all.

I wasn’t sure what place I was in. I did know though, I was almost at the finish line. When I passed the line I realized I was the first one. YES! I got the jackpot. I’ll live to see another day. I was dead serious when I said I get to live to see another day. When everyone else arrived they all gaped at me. Well the people on the other teams I mean. “And she does it again folks” Joe said happily.

So I went home, my pockets full of money, and got ready to pay the bills that had piled up over the weeks. When I arrived home I realized I wasn’t alone.

“Do you have the money.” My father growled.

I nodded my head. All traces of my good mood left.

“Good.” He said gruffly.

I didn’t move I just watched him. I was a little scared. What was he going to do to me?

“Well? Hand it over!” He screamed.

I fumbled to pull the envelope out. It fell to the ground in my rush, and some money spilled out.

“You idiot!” He screamed. I flinched not moving hoping that I could get out of this without being hit. I thought to early and he kicked me to the ground.

“Pick it up.” He said more quietly. He was no longer screaming.

I wondered what was going on why was he so calm suddenly? It wasn’t till I picked up all the money and looked up did I see Kurt walking up the driveway. It all made sense. He didn’t want Kurt to report him. I forced a smile onto my face as I walked towards the door. The place where my father had kicked hurt so much. I was limping, but only a bit. Only noticeable if you looked closely.

I opened the door and the bell rang.

“Oh hi Skye! Are you OK? I thought I heard some ruckus. I took a glance at my father and nodded.

“We are fine Kurt, thank you for worrying.”

When we finished our short talk, and I closed the door my dad didn’t look happy at all. I shrank back trying to get smaller. I probably looked stupid, but I wasn’t thinking about that at all. I was more worried about what he would do to me.

“Why do you look so scared Skye?” He asked me in a fake sweet voice.

“I’m not.” I said, but my voice shook.

He laughs. He didn’t say anything back. He just laughed. I think he’s gone crazy, because he keeps laughing. Then he walks towards me and I’m not sure what I should do. Run? Wait? I was still shocked from when he we was laughing. He suddenly jerked forward and pushed me down. I felt my back hit the ground. I grunted in pain, but said no more. I knew there was no way out.

“At least you got the money.” He mumbled under his breath.

He slowly walked towards me. I edged backwards.

“Please... don’t hurt me.” I whispered.

He looked taken aback, but only for a second. Then the evil glint in his eyes came back.

“Stupid useless whore. You think that going to work again! Your whining has been messing with my head. Get up!” He screamed.

When I didn’t move he stepped forward, and pulled me up by my arm. I winced in pain. He was pulling hard. The place on my arm where his hand was pulling was going to bruise. I tried moving away. I tried fighting for the first time in a long time.

“Let me go! Let me go DAD! STOP IT! I NEED YOU PLEASE. I NEED YOU” I screamed.

“B****.” Was all he said. He showed no mercy. His eyes still had that glint. His face did not soften.

“I love you please stop. I really love you.”

His eyes widened.

“Linda...” He whispered.

“No DAD I’m not mom I’m Skye your daughter!”

“Linda... I need you.” He whispered.

He caressed my cheek. Then he pulled me forward and kissed me on the lips. I screamed and fought to no avail. He reached for me. I panicked. I kicked and screamed. He didn’t budge. For the first time in my life. I felt truly helpless. That night... I let y father have his way with me. That night he raped me. That night he broke me. He had me believing. I had no point on living. I wasn’t worth anything. This was not something I should be proud of. That night when he was finished with me and he really looked at me he realized I wasn’t my mother. He had just left me there crying. I realized he loved my mother a lot the whole time. He took my virginity. But I realized how broken he was. Maybe I was not the broken one? After these thoughts I let myself fall into darkness.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.