Hot Like Brazil

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Hot Like Brazil (5)

Yasmin's body was pressed up against Alfonso's. She was pulling his face in closer . He tried to push her away, but her grip was too strong. Hazel could only watch in disgust as Yasmin planted her lip-glossed lips on his.

Once Hazel's bag dropped, both of them turned their heads and looked at her in shock. Yasmin quickly pulled away and re-arranged her shirt. Alfonso's jaw was hanging open, clearly just as surprised as Hazel. Hazel couldn't believe this. She felt stupid. Why did she ever think a guy as attractive and smart as Alfonso would like her for real? Why did she think she could take a guy away from Yasmin?

It felt as though somebody had stabbed her in the heart with a knife. It's not that Alfonso and her were dating, so technically he could see whomever he pleased, it was just that Yasmin knew that Hazel liked him. How could she do this to her own best friend?

Hazel quickly collected her shopping bag from the floor and walked off. Yasmin called after her. Alfonso ran toward her. She ran faster. Hazel did all in her power to not break down and cry right then and there.

Hazel thought she had lost them, but suddenly felt Alfonso's hands grab at her elbow. He instantly slowed her down, until she could no longer run. Hazel turned to face him, and saw Yasmin running to catch up to them.

"What?!" Hazel instantly snapped at the Brazilian. "Hazel, look----", Alfonso started, only to be interrupted by her. "You know what, just shut up! I don't want to hear your voice". Hazel pointed to both Alfonso and Yasmin. "You both disgust me". Yasmin's eyes looked apologetic , but Hazel knew better than to fall for it.

"I'm sorry, Hazel", her best --- ex best friend said. "Yeah, right," Hazel scoffed, still locked in Alfonso's grip. "You can pack your bags and leave as soon as you get home. I'm sure Alfonso here can let you stay at his place". Yasmin looked hurt.

He tried to speak again. "Haz---". The girl slapped him right on the cheek. He rubbed at it, as reddened. Hazel managed to slip out of his tight grasp, and took a step back. "Don't ! Just don't!" She cried out hysterically, running away.

Yasmin called out for Hazel once again, but only got the back of her best friend, as she ran down the block.

Hazel didn't want to go home. That would only mean that she would have to see Yasmin's lying , sneaky face again. Instead, she let her feet carry her down unfamiliar neighbourhoods and roads. Having not the slightest clue in where she was headed, Hazel kept running and running into the darkness --- that is until she saw the sign up ahead.

' Beco sem saĆ­da ' , the sign ahead read. Thankfully, underneath it , there was an English version. Hazel felt relieved until she saw the words ; 'Dead End' written.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

ForThoseWhoHaveHeart said...
Keep it going. It isn't bad.(: