Hot Like Brazil

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Hot Like Brazil

Summer was going surprisingly well for Hazel. First of all, she was away from her family, which was always a great start. Secondly, she was in a foreign country ( which meant she was even farther away from her family), with her best friend. You're probably thinking Hazel's family is made up of a bunch of pricks. Truth is, they're not that bad. It's just that Hazel feels too much like an outsider in her own family. Her family was what you would call , 'preppy'. Her parents were former Ivy League students, who expected their children to follow in their footsteps. Her older brother, Luca, was well known at every school for his charming smile and looks, and of course his incredible tennis skills. He was aiming at becoming a professional tennis player. The boy thinks he can beat Roger Federer! Puh-lease! Her younger sister, Celeste, had a striking passion for art, and was asked multiple times to participate in highly acclaimed art festivals. What about Hazel, you ask? Well, Hazel is stuck in the common ' middle- child' position. It's not that her parents don't pay attention to her, they do--- but for all the wrong reasons. Like, a few years ago when her and her best friend, Yasmin snuck out, and headed to a party at midnight. The cops busted the party, and realized that Hazel and Yasmin were drunk and underage. Hazel's parents never got over that. Whenever she would ask to go out, they always brought up the fact that she had been arrested. Blah, blah.

It was almost a miracle that they let her go to a whole different country, with only Yasmin. The same friend she had gotten arrested with. Brazil was such a good change in her life. Hazel would have probably died if she had to spend the whole summer with her parents, playing brain games. Plus, this would be a great way for her to learn about responsibility,( since her parents clearly didn't believe she was capable of attaining it). Summer will be great. I'll meet wonderful people, I'll spend most of my time on the beach, Hazel would sometimes think to herself happily. She was surely in for a surprise.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

ForThoseWhoHaveHeart said...
Keep it going. It isn't bad.(: