Broken Butterflies

Author's note: My mother suffers from Lupus which is why I chose this disease for Wynter's character. The other...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: My mother suffers from Lupus which is why I chose this disease for Wynter's character. The other part of Wynter, apart from her disease is based around me. Even the name, Wynter is my pen name and it fits her character quite perfectly. She has the self esteem problems I do and has the same yearning for love that I do.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Chapter 1

Wynter Elise Tomson,

That's my name. That's the name that is on my birth certificate. It's the name that my Shakespeare loving mother picked out for me, much to my father's dismay. It makes people look at me weird when they first look at me, then they get a better look at me and realize why the name fits so well. The winterness of my pale skin, blending in with my pale blue eyes, striking under my ash blonde hair. I look like I was birthed in the soft, white snow. And my bones are just as fragile and cold. They're just as sickly as a soul would be, dressed in frozen nothingness.

I have a sickness, a disease, a curse swimming my body and my veins. Their poison fingering through my organs and my joints, breaking them and freezing them. My bones hurt me all the time, my eyes are always heavy. My skin will break in little butterfly patches, but they're not beautiful, they're gross and red and flaky. It's like my body is peeling apart like wet paper. I've always had to hide in the darkness because then the brightness of the sun makes the butterflies grow and be even more mad.

My hair is like soft little whispers, it's there and then it's not. It falls and drifts to the ground and just reminds me of how much more disgusting I really am.

The only reason I'm probably still alive is because they keep shoving medicine into me, if not then it'll all be over. They need to fix me, because I need fixing. I'm a broken thing that needs to be mended, but some pieces are so small sometimes that you just can't fix them.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 Next »

This book has 7 comments. Post your own now!

MissEmilyDickinson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is absolutely, amazing. I hope you continue it, but if not, that's fine. It's just your story is amazing. It's wonderful. It has so much emotion and it's full of you and the people you care for. It's wonderful. I hope you continue, because you have such a talent and I enjoyed reading it. You do have a talent and greatness in you; bealieve that, please. Thank you for sharing this, so much. 

albaschirinzi said...
Apr. 22, 2014 at 9:09 am
In my opinion, this story is a masterpiece! I really enjoyed it and the knowledge you have about the disease and the fact that the story is also very personal to you makes it more meaningful and realistic. Keep up the good work!

PeytonLovesHarryPotter said...
Hmmmm...... it's really good. However, here's a few pointers: Maybe slow the pace down a little bit with Zane, it's going too fast to be believable. Work on grammar and punctuation a bit, but it's not that bad. And last of all: CONTINUE IT! It's really good! I want more. :)

FallenAngel170198 said...
May 5, 2013 at 6:22 am
You should write some more :3 it's amazing :D

nanamay said...
so cool wright more.......it is peaceful...... :P

KJAngelAuthor said...
I agree with "nemish23"!!! You sound so knowledgeable about Lupis and it has a very personal feel to it. Please continue writing it!!!

nemish23 said...

This is a great start to a really good sounding story. I'd love to read more.

I love it when people write books that mean something to them because it brings so much meaning to a story so good job!