I Will Not Fall

Author's note: Okay this is the second book in the series "Chronicles of Ember Stone'"!Here you are guys the...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Okay this is the second book in the series "Chronicles of Ember Stone'"!Here you are guys the sequel to I will Not Break!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Track her down.

"What do you mean you can't find them? You are a tracker for crying out loud!" My roars echoed through out the house as another useless person was called in to search my missing friend.
Days, weeks, Have passed since Rubin kidnapped Beth. Tracker after tracker has been called in to search for her but no such signs of them have been spotted. I hated the idea of these "trackers" Graves father hired but it was better then sitting and doing nothing. They turned out to be werewolves
How do you like where I am taking this? This book is going to show you a whole new level of angels and demons! This is also spell checked:) Please comment
that specialized in tracking with in their packs. Graves father has hired the best of the best but her trail always comes up dead. This is our third tracker and I have had enough.

My inner demon has been taking control constantly lately. I am always in hunger mode and I am constantly hiding from my mate. I just can't feed no matter how much I need it. Beth is on my mind twenty-four seven. Graves has been drinking hospital blood because he doesn't want to feed if I'm not. I feel bad but I just can't. The tears stopped falling after the first week because my heart just froze. Graves helps as much as he can and he really does make me feel better sometimes but I need
my friend and I will stop at nothing to get her back.

"Your job is to find my friends trail and then find her dammit that is what you are paid for so do your damn job!" I snapped. The tracker shrunk back in fear. All of them have been like this. Graves said it was because their wolf instincts told them I was a stronger wolf and not to be messed with. That thought would normally appeal to me but right now I just want my friend back.

"I am doing my job Mam but there is no trail to track. They disappeared which means no scent to follow," He persisted to tell me. The tracker was a guy around his mid thirties, tan, and around six"two. His dark brown hair was pulled back in a pony tail that went down to his mid back, with eyes that matched his skin tone. He was very tall and very skinny (makes no sense if he's a werewolf!). He trying very hard not to look me in the eye and at the same time trying to be respectful.

I could care less. My lips turned up into an animal like manner as a growl rippled through me. His eyes widened and he shrunk farther back. "Mam maybe I'm not the best one for the job at hand. I will recommend your situation to more qualified friends of mine but I am not experienced enough for this situation. You are dealing with Ancient magic and I have never dealt with it before. I suggest going to the council for guidance before moving onward. Good night mam," He whimpered, and rushed out of the room.

Frustration and despair was quickly eating away at my soul. Day by day I am slowly becoming angrier and angrier. I can barely go twenty minutes without snapping. My eyes felt hot and blurry but no tears fell. I was done crying. My back tingled again as my hunger wined only angering me more.
A cry exploded out from with in me and I brought my fist up and into the wall.

Pain flickered through my hand but it slowly began to heal. My immortal being was growing stronger... So was my hunger.
Graves was in a meeting with several other immortals that were part of the council the tracker spoke of. He was still trying to fix the mess Rubin had made of those members. I was alone most days looking for signs of Beth. I had searched the destroyed ceremony room multiple times already but I wasn't giving up.

I paced Graves business office repeatedly aware that the first time I was in here was when Graves first bought me and was telling me his "rules". Any other time that would be funny but right now that was stupid.

"Where did the tracker go?" A voice spoke up at the door.
I turned around to see Beth’s distraught boyfriend Sam, standing in the door way. He was resting on the door frame, thick toned arms from continuous days of hard labor crossed over his broad chest giving him the mystery look along with his distressing fatigue. He had green eyes the color of grass that hid under his caramel brown hair. His hair swooped just above his eyes and framed his face, and gave him the dreamy messy hair look that most girls long for on their men. His face was shaped round but thin, and skin white with a pink tint.

Sam was a very attractive guy if you saw him for the first time. He had the sort of confidence and mystery girls want, but He was so straight forward most girls couldn't handle him... That's what made Beth different.

Sam stared at me, weary for an answer I did not want to give him. His lips were pressed together firmly aware I had not replied. His small lip piercing rubbing against his teeth. He searched my eyes, and nodded slowly as if my silence was an unspoken answer. He pushed off the door frame then made his way to a chair across the room from me and took a seat, not making a sound.

I sat still as a board, feeling guilty for another failed attempted at finding Beth. Sam was Beth's boyfriend and the only other person here that understood my pain, that felt my pain.

They first met when Graves mother bought Beth at an auction similar to mine. She needed a new maid and she wanted a fresh new slave, so she got Beth. Beth was fifth teen when she was first taken; That's what she told me anyways. Sam was taken when he was twelve because guys mature physically faster then girls. He was there for three years before Beth came around.

Graves mother bought him as a new butler and mechanic. Beth told me he use to work in a mechanic shop with his uncle before he was taken, like all the others they had a story before the abduction, but the difference was Beth fought back. She didn't give in at first, neither did he. They rebelled like I did and that made them an outcast to the rest of the slaves.

Rebels meant trouble and the other slaves hate trouble. Naturally they were quick friends, and then eventually fate led to more. They were the only two rebels before the twins showed up. Fate drew them together like magnets. It didn't take long for love to rap it's hands around them but life isn't that easy.
Rubin picked her as his blood slave. She hated Rubin more than anything but she couldn't leave because blood slaves are for life... No take backs. Sam hated it but he understood. Their love stayed a
secret for a while... Until Rubin eventually found out. He began using Sam as blackmail to have his way with Beth. She was his pawn and there was nothing She could do about it. Her kidnapping was killing Sam just as much as me.

Sam stayed silent while I calmed my temper down to a normal level. He witnessed my temper tantrums more then anyone these days and He understood everything I felt. We related on a level no one else understood because we were not going to give up.

I sat in the chair across from him, and buried my face in my hands.
"Ember we have to find her. I'm not giving up until we do, or I will die trying to get her back," He said. His voice wasn't shaking in sadness or rising in anger. It was a simple determined statement that He meant it and there was no if , ands, or buts. We are going to get her back.

"I know. We are going to get her back if it's the last thing I do. They're not going to mess with her and get away with it," I scowled at the thought of what they might be doing to her right now. My restless body jumped out of the seat and started pacing again. Sam just stared at me unsure of what to say. We had a unspoken agreement to find her together. We both cared about her and we both would stop at nothing.

"The twins beat the shit out of a group of girls yesterday," he suddenly announced. The news of the twins stopped me in my steps and I stared at him be-wild. The twins were Beth and I's roommates when I was still a slave. They were the sweetest girls I knew, and more shy then a baby turtle. They were outcasts like us which drew them into our oddball crew. Almost all the girls here hated each one of us for either being defiant or because the masters showed more interest in us, jealousy was a dangerous emotion in others. The twins had always been the more quiet soft girls, which meant the thought of them kicking ass be wild me more then I thought possible.

"Why?" I questioned. He looked up at me with a tiny smirk that didn't reach his eyes. "They were talking shit on you and Beth so they wailed on them. They figured since Beth's gone for now and you're busy looking for her that they better step up and defend your names. That's how they put it to The mistress anyways. Mistress thought they had been possessed or something. Figured they had been jacked with by witches."

The twins cracked me up almost all the time and the image that ran through my mind of them kicking ass almost made me smile... Almost. "Let's go see them. I have an idea." I suddenly suggested.
An idea that had begun to sprout in the back of my mind for a while now was forming into a plan... I was getting Beth back if it was the last thing I do.
..........
"Ollie! Ellie! Get your clone asses out over here!" I Hollered. Glass shook from my vocal order, and The cafeteria doors swung open and hit the walls. My presents in the slaves quarters was much more of a surprise to the snob girls then to the twins.

The last time I was in the slave cafeteria A group of snobbish girls attacked me, and I was sent to the punishment dungeon... Again. The dungeons were a bunch of concrete rooms built in a basement level part of the house for slaves when they were disobedient. Apparently beating up the Master's secretary bitch was against the rules... My bad.

"Ember? What are you doing in here? Why aren't you with Graves at he council meeting!"A squeaky shriek rung in my ears before two short identical girls slammed into me. Their weight fell on top of me as I made contact with the tile floors. All eyes were on the weird girl who just got tackled by two dainty girls.

Ollie and Ellie were both almost completely identical besides their weight difference. Ollie was a little more filled out with curves then Ellie, but their hazel eyes, sharp cheek bones, Light brown hair and white skin were completely alike. Both of them had long pointy noses a tad bit too big for their faces, but their height seemed to pull it all together into one perfect union. They were both around '5'7' and both wore a blue knee length maid outfit that had short white puffy sleeves.

Ellie's eyes were focused on mine as she waited for me to reply to her while they both scrambled to help me up. I groaned in slight pain but stood never the less.
"Graves will deal with the council. I am focused on much more important tasks then dealing with a bunch of old bats staring at me like I am a freak. The show they saw at our ceremony proved the rumors they have heard about me. So no thank you," I snapped. My anger surfaced again from talking about that night. Normally I would have laughed when they tackled me. I would have smiled and then chased them for my own tackle but I am not normal right now. I am vengeful.

Ollie and Ellie shrunk back away from me at the tone of my voice. Their expressions full of fear.
I should feel bad for snapping, but I don't. My immortal hearing surfaced from my anger, and whispers carried around the room. The cafeteria was built like one you would see at a public school.
There was a line of snobby girls trailing from the entrance doors to the aluminum window opening, where the cooks peeked through long enough to drop heavy doses of frightening colored food onto our chipped gray treys. Jealous eyes followed our every move aware we were the only girls who actually hung out with the only two male slaves here.

They whispered things incredibly bitchy and other things obviously envy. There was only two guys in the slave quarters that all the females saw daily. Sam, whom was a mechanic, and his brother, Luke.
He was what you would call an errand boy. He went to fetch whatever the masters needed whenever they needed it. Luke was also another member of our odd ball group. He looked scary similar to his big brother besides the little differences here and there. Unlike his brother, Luke had no piercing, his eyes were a bright ocean blue, and his face was less thinned out then Sam's was. He had the younger boyish look to him giving away he was the younger brother.

So the biggest jacked up thing about the slaves here was the discrimination! They were all snobby girls dressed in short skirted uniforms. They stopped at mid thigh. The shirt was like a weird school girl white puffy sleeve with baby blue vests. Totally original... Not! I will put changing that as a top priority.

"Hum," Sam Cleared his throat. Everyone was watching me, waiting. All of them have probably heard by now the shortness of my temper and the danger I held with it. I Clenched my jaw in annoyance but held my tongue.
"Um Girls Ember wanted to talk to you," Sam spoke again. His calming tone was directed at all three of us to ease the tension. That was a great thing about him. He hated confrontation. The only reason he was showing any signs of fighting was because it was for Beth, His woman.
The whispers around us simmered down a bit as my anger dimmed. Something about Sam's persuasion rose suspicion with me but now was not the time to think about it.

I turned back to the twins and nodded. "Yes I need your help with something. It is about Beth," I
paused. Her name felt cold on my tongue.
Ellie's eyes widened and she shook her head eagerly."Yes! Anything for you and Beth. We have been protecting your name for you,"She smiled proudly. They both had lost the scared look in their eyes and were back to looking like baby puppies. Ollie clustered eagerly closer to me wanting to hear what I needed but I shook my head and glanced around. "I would like to speak in private."

This book has 10 comments. Post your own now!

Ms.PeytonLovesHP said...
It's been literally... months. I need more! I've been hanging on this cliff for so long... don't be like ABC Family and give up on it! Please! This is one of my all time favorite stories on TI and it can't just be... OVER.

PeytonLovesHarryPotter said...
OMG rereading this after like months...... MORE! You probably thought no one was still reading didnt you....... BUT ITS SOOOOOOOO GOOD

HarryPotterLover30 said...
Ugh, sorry I haven't been on for a while...... I've been busy. But I'm here now...... and I'm begging for more. Your two stories, are like, in my top three. I NEED more. And I'm defienetly not being dramatic when I say I wil die without it.....

Dudet95 said...
I just finished the next chapter:) It's a tad bit short though, I am sorry:/

HarryPotterLover30 said...
Oooooooooh. You know what i'm going to say......... MOOORE. Do i even need to ask anymore? i'm totally addicted....... CONTINUE. :)

HarryPotterLover30 said...
I. NEED. MOOOOOORE. NOOOOOOOOW. BEFORE. I. EXPLODE. GIVE. ME. MOOOORE. NOOOOOOOWW. I CAN'T. WAIT. ANY. LONGER. I'M. ABOUT. TO. SPONTAEOUSLY. COMBUST. INTO. FLAMES. ANY. SECOND. NOW.............. GIVE ME MOOORE.

Dudet95 replied...
Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:16 am
AwwXD I will give you more! lol I had to pause for a bit on writing it because I am going through and editing the first one but I will start back up in writing this one now:)

HarryPotterLover30 replied...
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I needed more. Now.... XD. Don't want to be impatient, but..... I NEED EVEN MORE NOW. It's so good. Don't blame me! You gots me hooked. :) Keep writing because you gots some SERIOUS talent sistah. :{)~

Salamander5000 said...
Amazing! Plz write more!

Dudet95 replied...
Lol thank you and I will here soon:)