Forever & Always

Author's note: Another book inspired me to write this book. In the book a boy and a girl are best friends, but I...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Another book inspired me to write this book. In the book a boy and a girl are best friends, but I decided to make my characters fall in love. My best friend has encouraged me to continue with this book and but my heart and soul into it! Thank you Amber! I hope that people discover from this novel that sometimes the greatest sacrifices you make, whether or not they are good outcomes or bad, there could be consequences and you'll never know they are right around the corner.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

The Worst Sister Ever!

FOUR WEEKS LATER

The clean ranch house on Dillard Street smelled of honeysuckle and French toast this Monday morning. The whole family is sitting down at the table eating breakfast before Daddy goes to work. At the end seat sits the king Papa, and at the other end sits queen Mamma. I sit next to Daddy on the side and Miranda sits next to me. Across from me is Aunt Becky and across from Miranda is Uncle Eddie. On the corner sits Junior, my baby brother, in his high chair. His real name is Jeffrey but ever since he popped out tiny we’ve called him Junior. Oh dear Lord oh Heaven how can I forget Cousin Greg!!! He’s only four but dear mercy he’s as bad as Junior after he eats beans! Anyhow Greg is at Sean’s house having super and spending the night. God’s doing us all a favor! Personally, I think Greg is too young to spend the night at a friend’s house. Greg is Aunt Becky’s only son rather than the fact that she is eight months pregnant. Greg usually sits on the other corner of Aunt Becky.
“Annabelle have you cleaned the stables yet? Cause if you haven’t you’re gonna be late for school.”
“Yes Mamma I have!” I screamed in an irritated voice, while I was cleaning the dishes from breakfast.
I’ve already cleaned the stables and groomed the horses this morning and since I’m done with washin’ the dishes, I am done with my morning chores. The sun peeks over the mountain top and, like I said sometimes, Duran comes out of his den and gives a big “Cock-a-doodle-doo!”
“Okay Miss Miranda lets get you and Annabelle to school my babies!” Mamma said while brushing out Miranda’s orange hair.
“Ouch Mother!!!” Miranda yelped while Mother pulled back her hair and tightly squeezed it into two low-ponytails.
I giggled in my place and made sure that Mamma or Miranda didn’t hear. I looked at Miranda straight in the face while she was staring out the window, Mamma still fixing her hair, and thought how beautiful Miranda was. I had never seen her like that before. She was normal, unlike me who was a country chick always wanting to be perfect when Miranda didn’t even try. She got everything she wanted, unlike all the others on this farm that have to work for their respect. Her orangey blond hair laid so elegantly on her shoulders, now in two low-ponytails, and waved with a touch that reached you like a cool dip in the lake on a hot September day. She had the most touching eyes that are a grey- blue color just like Mamma’s that glowed at you like you were under a trance. Her freckles were so noticeable in the best of ways. They gave her the personality that fits her so perfectly that it’s scary. I would never let Miranda know I was thinking that about her because she would use that against me for the rest of my long hard life.
“Let’s go Miranda!” I yelled from the corridor. I grabbed my green back pack and slipped on my boots and laced them up tight. Miranda came down the hallway and put on her silver flats that matched her pink t-shirt and jeans. She pulled on her bag that was a violet color and headed out the door with me. She was so stylish when I am plain. Everybody says I am not plain, but what they mean is that I am not as pretty or perfect as she is. But another thing about Mamma is that she always says “Everyone’s perfect in their own special way.” Well in school these days that’s not how it works.

“Love you Mamma,” I said before I walked out the front door.
“Love you too Annabelle sweetie pie,” Mamma replied.
I leaned over and gave Mamma a kiss on the cheek.
“Miranda, come on slow poke,” I hollered to her.
“I’m coming ya’ dang sissy.”
I thought to myself where did she ever hear anything like that? If Mamma ever heard me say anything like that she would have Daddy beat me.
“Now where did you hear that language?” I asked in a surprised tone.
“Nowhere,” she replied with uncertainty.
We walked up to Carter’s house and I rang the doorbell.
“Where’s your lover boy Annie?” Miranda said with a smirk.
“Nobody calls me Annie but Carter!” I yelled back at her.
“Oh I didn’t know that…” she replied with an annoying emphasis.
I moaned at her and told her to stop it when I was interrupted by the front door of the Henderson’s house opening wide.
“Hey,” Carter said with a smile on his face as big as the moon.
“Hi,” I said with nothing but a flirty smile.
“UUUUUUUHHHHHHHH!!! Would you two love birds hurry up already!!” Miranda yelled at us.
“Miranda!!!” I snapped back at her.
Carter looked at me. I don’t think it was because he was flattered, it was because I was turning as red as a tomato! I was so embarrassed!!! I quickly decided to change the subject and said “Let’s head out!”
We started walking down the side of the country road when a bird decided to lie it’s droppings on Carter’s shoulder.
“Oh my!” Carter yelled. I quickly pulled out a napkin from my back pack and wiped the scat off of Carter’s shirt. “Thanks Annie...uh I mean Annabelle.” Carter murmured out.
We started walking again and we finally reached the bus stop. There were other people there that we normally can spot out like Kayla Kormaing and Heather Reargued. They usually work out in the garden on a spring day with their mothers.
“Carter, it’s a good thing you were home on this fine Monday morning ‘cause your girlfriend was getting kinda worried. Isn’t that right Annabelle?” Miranda said in her loudest voice she could possibly find in that throat of hers in front of the whole bus stop.
“Why you little creep!!!!” I squirted back.
I started chasing her through the neighbor’s yard and around the houses and in between the bushes. My hip gave me pain but I know how to deal with it. I was actually kinda excited to see it coming to this because I had really put a fright into Miranda. But then I looked back and saw Carter was chasing after me yelling at me to come back or we’d miss the bus.
“No! Get away from me!!!” Miranda screamed back at me. Then I heard the sound of steaming breaks not but a ways away. It was the bus! It pulled to the curb and stopped to pick up the group of kids.
“Oh no!!” I screamed.
“Run!” Carter suggested.
We started running back to the bus stop yelling “Wait! Please wait!” but no one heard us. Then suddenly the bus drove away with a jerk to the back. I stopped and turned around and looked at Miranda with the meanest look in my eye, and said “You ought a hope you got one more life in you ‘cause your gonna need it.”

This book has 6 comments. Post your own now!

FallenAngel170198This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is great so keep writing it please :D <3

MariaLee3 said...
Thank you so much! I am going to try to post some more of my work so you guys can enjoy it! Also just to let you know, the beginning of the book has changed a little but nothing major so I might update it if I can figure it out :)

Freckles3 replied...
Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:08 am
Goooooood, because I need to read more of this. Update quickly!!! :)

Freckles3 said...
Sept. 22, 2012 at 8:22 am
This is a really good book! :) You should post the other chapters!  ~Amber

hannymaki replied...
Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:19 am
She is right, I loved your story. Please post the rest of it. I am really curious to know what happens at the end. 

Freckles3 replied...
She has a bunch more chapters but she's been really busy lately. She's been working on this thing since sixth grade!!!!! These are just the beginning. It gets a whole lot more romancey, trust me.