Fell So Hard

Author's note: I was listening to the song "Skyscraper" By Demi Lovato. From listening to that song, i thought...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I was listening to the song "Skyscraper" By Demi Lovato. From listening to that song, i thought of a way to make 2 people fall in love, and a way to make their love become dangerous.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next »

Chapter 1

I had once thought you were, you know, the one. The one who would tell me everything is okay. The one who told me you would protect me. The one who would change me….But I was wrong. You just vanished. My whole world fell to pieces. Maybe I was wrong about you…maybe Chance was right. Don’t trust those who will be willing to let you fall…
Emma shot straight up to feel sweat running from her face. She had that dream again. Emma wasn’t sure why she kept having that one dream every night for the past 3 months now. Emma had dreams that continued like a story. First came the plot, then the characters, now it’s the conflict. She dreamt of this boy with hazel eyes, black hair, 5‘9. But Emma knew that it was only illusion and he probably isn’t real. Just another one of those damn dreams, She says to herself. She had never expected for these dreams to be as reoccurring as this one in particular. Emma looked over at her cell phone on the nightstand close to her bed. 2:30 am “Really?” she said in a low voice. Emma laid back down in her bed and wished to fall back asleep. Moments later, she did. “But Emma…” “I don’t wanna hear it.” You were the one I wanted to call my own. But this was a war that you weren’t gong to win. You make me smile, you make me laugh. But was this all a trick, so you could stab me in the back? Just like all those girls at school. Well, everyone except Chance, who was the only girl who treated her kindly, and showed that she really cared. “Emma, don’t please….I don’t wanna lose you.” “Then why did you let me fall as hard as I did?” His expression on his face was dramatic. He seemed as though he acutely wanted me. But I couldn’t trust what he said anymore. He lied, about a lot of things, not only about who he was, but what he was. My heart is telling me ’Give him another chance’ while my gut is overpower my heart and yelling with force ‘let him go.’ Should I follow my intuition, or does my heart prevail in this game of chess? “Emma, please…” He seems as though he is losing a relative that was nearest to his heart. Was I to let this boy with the beautiful hazel eyes and the one that treated me so kind, just slip through my hands? Was he the one who would save me from myself? Or was it my goal to save him from losing the only thing he thought he could keep for a lifetime…Me? This was the question life never answered. He looked at me with those eyes of his that made me feel loved. Was my urge of loving him a feeling that I could never recover again? Before, I felt betrayed. I felt used and abused. But this boy, this hazel eyed boy, was going to be the death of me…literally. I always thought of death as a condition we will all get to at some points in our lives, some may have experienced it now. But I know one thing for sure. I’m not ready yet.
Emma’s phone goes off. She reached for it as she gazed up at her ceiling. It was Chance. “Hello?” Emma said softly. “Emma? What gives? I have tried to call you 10 times now. Why for you not answer?” “Well, Chance, let me think. Oh I know. Because its 6 o’clock in the morning.” “Well excuse me Miss.Bossy if I wanted to call and tell you that school was canceled. But I guess I will hang up now.” “Chance, I’m sorry. I was just having that dream again. You know about that boy?” “Oh, that dream…” Emma stood up and stretched. She yawned and scuffed up her hair. “You say that like it’s a bad thing. Do you think I want this stuff happening to me?” “Well, my opinion is that it’s a medical condition.” “My opinion is that you are stupid.” “Now that’s Emma I know. I hear your wide awake now. Hey I gotta go. Mom is having her new boyfriend over in a bit to meet me” Emma sits there and chuckles to herself “Sounds Fun” “Not Really! Good-bye” Emma hung up her phone and sat it on her dresser. She knew that somewhere, there might be a way to address what keeps happening with her dreams. But She wasn’t really sure if Chance was correct about the whole “medical condition” thing. All she knew was that whatever she had going on in her head to make her have these dreams be continuous, she needed to figure out who this boy was, and how to stop the dreams from becoming reality. Emma wasn’t sure how this would be possible, but she was gonna figure it out somehow, someway.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next »

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

Bayleigh_loveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This book is AMAZING!!!!! I "fell so hard" for this book and I really think you should continue on or make a sequel as well!!!  Keep on writing!!!

nemish23 said...

um... wow!!! i love it!

is that all? because it would be a great place to end, the plot still makes sense, but you could keep writing it or maybe write a sequel?

also, just make sure you don't accidently switch from third person to first person and from present tense to past tense.

but it's great and i love it- well done! :)