Making You Mine...

Author's note: What inspired me to write this piece? Wow, let's see. Um... all my fiction work is actually just...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: What inspired me to write this piece? Wow, let's see. Um... all my fiction work is actually just a really twisted version of things that do go on this world and I try to incorporate a lot of maturity and importance as well as comedy and action. I realised people are taken from their normal lives and are forced into situations where they feel as if they do only have two choices and in their case neither sound endearing, I just really wanted to spread the this message. Please post this everywhere, this can help you anytime...
"When there are only two clear options available to you, make a third..."  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5

Life Doesn't Favour Me

Chapter Five
Voices. I could hear voices. But all I could see darkness. I let it envelope me, and I listened to the voices.
“What a great start to the competition…”
“Marriage…” “Vampires, Girly, Vampires…”
“Queen of the vamperic kingdom…”
“You get picked.”
“Ms Hammond?”
“You’ll see, Girly, just wait.”
“Ms Hammond.” Rebecca.
The voices were gone. And there was light. I still had the dress on, but the
This is dedicated to Charlotte. She actually got me into teen ink and has written some immense writing. Its a bit depressing but it is epic!!!! Bye for now! Laterz!
corset wasn’t tightened. I lay on the bed, but the covers weren’t around me.
“You must get up miss.” Rebecca yanked me up.
“Can’t I rest? I might even be better if you take me home?” I muttered and I mumbled more things. Things that just didn’t register in my head.
“Miss, you must find the clues.”
“What why? I want to go home, I want to lose. I don’t want…” What was this? What are they playing at? Why was this happening? “… This.”
“No, it is the only life you can have now.”
“What do you mean? I want to be sent home?” I whispered, I felt dizzy and delirious. It was a rather nice feeling away from all the stress.
“Darling,” She came forwards and took my hand. She cared, in that moment I knew she cared. She looked at me sympathetically. “You don’t get sent home.”
“I don’t…” I shuddered. I knew what she was going to say, but I needed her to say it. Just say it. Please say it.
“The best you can hope for, if you lose, is a life like mine. The worst…” Her lower lip warbled, and the tears brimmed her eyes. I couldn’t cry. I knew I should. Why can’t I? I can’t. I know it’s because I can’t cry here.
“I can’t say it, but you know… what I mean…” She sniffled.
She grabbed a small wooden box and placed it in my hands, taking my hands and curling them around the box. “This is the first clue.” She kissed my forehead. “Win, don’t die.”
The box slipped open between my trembling hands. A heart shaped pendant draped between my fingers. I had to open, I knew I had.
I threw it across the room; it smashed against the wall and opened. It was quick and I managed to get some anger out. I scurried over to where the piece of paper lay. I picked it up in clammy hands and read it.
The man who makes it doesn't want it.
The man who wants it doesn't use it.
The man who's using it doesn't know he is using it.
What is it? Find me.
I couldn’t help but laugh.
I felt Rebecca’s hand on my shoulder and her confused look on my face. “I’ve read this a million times, it’s a coffin.”
“I’m sorry?” Rebecca stuttered.
I continued throughout sniffles of laughter, out of all the things? Wow these vampires really do doubt our intelligence these days.
“Coffin maker doesn’t want the coffin, man who wants it is usually not the person who’s gonna use it (relatives etc.), a dead person using it won't know he is using it!” I exclaimed. “Do you know where we can find a coffin?”
“Well, why didn’t you know?” Rebecca grasped my shoulders.
“Vampires sleep in coffins!” She laughed.
“Really?”
“No,” She turned deadly serious.
I let out a small ‘oh’. Nobody heard, not even me. In which case I began to doubt I even said it. This is a dream. I’m sure of it now. “It’s a dream!” I chuckled happily. I jumped on the bed and tried to go to sleep.
Rebecca sighed and hauled me out of bed. Her black frayed ends caressing my face. “Come on, everyone else has a head start we need to…”
There was a toll like noise, maybe a bell, sounding through the house. Followed by someone on a loud speaker.
“Contestants Lady Katrina, Ms Angelique and Ms Sawyer are out of the competition. But the women that are through are Ms O’Neill…” Phew. Chastity is safe. “And Ms Elizabeth …”
Then it sunk in. It came at me like daggers spindling, slicing through my body. I had been shot down, and trampled on. I died right there and came back as a ghost. My mind and body was on fire, I reeled, and I felt so dizzy. I am ready to be taken right here right now. Take me.
I dropped to my knees.
I was competing against my best friend for a love I don’t even want. No…
We were fighting for our lives.
“We have also made an exception for Ms Hammond…”
I allowed myself to slip in and out of the speech. Do I win or lose? Die or live unhappily? I don’t want to die. I don’t want to die. I don’t want the breath to be knocked out from my lungs. I don’t want the light to flicker and slip away from my eyes and I don’t want to die unkissed and seemingly unloved. I want to live, and I want to be in love.
“The first to find the second clue will spend the night with me, Kaspar. And don’t purposely try to lose girly, I think you know why.”
Kaspar.
Me?
I don’t know.
I won’t know until I found the second clue first and talk to him
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5

bubbles6This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 28 at 8:51 am:
You should right more, I really can't wait to see where this goes.

LostInStereo said...
Feb. 11 at 5:49 pm:
The storyline is unique, which makes the story very entertaining. However, I agree with the other commenters when they say to check your grammar. Also, be sure to stay in the same tense throughout the entire story. I do the same thing when I write. I begin writing in past or present, and end up in the other. It helps immensely with the flow of the story if you are sure to stay in a single one. Also, it doesn't make sense if the story is in present tense one sentence, and past in the next. Good... (more »)

RoseRatchet said...
Jan. 20 at 6:41 pm:
uniqueish idea, please continue and please check your grammer.

RoseRatchet replied...
Jan. 20 at 6:43 pm :
*grammar, also please ignore the irony of these comments

FallenAngel170198This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:15 am:
Write more please? :D this is awesome

HeLLo2u2 said...
Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:46 am:
this was realy good but id go through it againg and cheak your spelling and gramar.

RachelB2 said...
Mar. 26, 2012 at 7:33 am:

"i kicked and trashed"

no, you didn't trash, you thrashed

RachelB2 said...
Mar. 26, 2012 at 7:29 am:

Hey Rachel here

great book and i actually think that it wasn't just cjrlotte using my accoung which she made for me...

FULLSTOP said...
Mar. 26, 2012 at 4:25 am:

HI!!! annoying psycho here...

OKAY...

a) this is an AMMAZING BOOK

b) whilst it deserves comments, try this: comment on other people's work, and ask them to look at yours when they do. It works

FULLSTOP replied...
Mar. 26, 2012 at 4:26 am :
actually, can you look at some of my work? 

Renegade9891 replied...
Mar. 26, 2012 at 4:52 am :
kk, I'm a looking.

FULLSTOP replied...
Mar. 26, 2012 at 5:09 am :
k btw Lou Lou i can't find ur orum. wassitcalled?

Renegade9891 said...
Mar. 26, 2012 at 3:48 am:

Hello, everyone. 

I would really appreciate it if you could all vote and comment. I would love comments even if they are negative. I, as a writer, still have LOADS to learn.

Thank you,