Halfway to Nowhere | Teen Ink

Halfway to Nowhere

By SerenaGray BRONZE, Wenham, Massachusetts
SerenaGray BRONZE, Wenham, Massachusetts

Summary:

Casey's life is falling apart, and she's surrounded with relationships that are failing. Her parents are divorced, she's recently lost her best friend, and her boyfriend broke up with her. With so much evidence contradicting the belief that love lasts, Casey is close to becoming a cynic of love.
She's all too eager to agree to a casual relationship with a notorious player, Christian,who's not a rookie at breaking hearts. Both Casey and Christian initially agree to a casual hook-up relationship, but neither of them can guess that deeper feelings may begin to surface and threaten to destroy the fragile agreement they've set up. From Christian's first words,"are we both in an agreement? This is nothing serious; it ends by the time school begins in the fall," it's clear that neither characters could have predicted what they'd learn throughout the summer about relationships, love, and the basic trust that the world holds more good than evil. Told in alternating views, it's a depiction of the problems that may come of losing faith that love will be worth it.

Serena G.

Halfway to Nowhere

Thank you!! :)

nemish23 BRONZE, Sydney, Other

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
They just make the most of everything they have."

"Today is life. The only life we're sure of. Make the most of today." -CSI:NY

your story is so true, so good and i love it!

good job! and keep writing... :)