Conflicted (Unfinished)

Author's note: This piece really means a lot to me and I am trying my hardest to make it the best that it can...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This piece really means a lot to me and I am trying my hardest to make it the best that it can be. Most of the time, I have experienced the events and feelings portrayed in the chapters, and I am trying hard to make the readers feel like they are right there with the characters.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

At first I just stared. I didn’t really know what to do and obviously I was the only one that noticed a boy lying face down in the grass.
I slowly got out of my dad’s truck and set my bag down on the grass a few feet away from the boy. I walked over to him and bent down carefully.
I sat there for a few moments, just staring, waiting for him to do something first. When he didn’t, I gently poked him shoulder.
“Hello?” I asked, hoping that the boy would respond. I sat there for a few more seconds before I started pushing this boy over. He needed to wake up before someone saw him.
I started to push on one side and then realized how heavy he was. This guy was more muscular that I thought. Maybe he was a football player.
I gave one more push and the boy flopped over so he was now laying on his back. This gave me a good chance to look at his face.
This boy had a strong chiseled face that made him look older that I was guessing he was. His light brown hair was short, but cute, which I liked. He was handsome and looked calm, but then again he was sleeping. I let out a breath that I realized I’d been holding. He really was cute.
I reached out to touch his face, which was a little stubbly from lack of shaving. My fingers lingered over his cheek for a moment before I gently stroked his face. His face was warm, probably because he has been laying on it, and he looked to be about my age, if not a year or two older. My hand felt like it was on fire and I couldn’t pull away.
Suddenly the boy flinched and squeezed his eyes tighter. I pulled my hand away quickly. The boy slowly opened his eyes and all I saw was blue that seemed to go on forever. His eyes were the brightest blue I have ever seen in my life. I tried to look away, but they kept pulling me back in. I felt like I was looking into the eye of a hurricane. His blue eyes swirled around the black center bringing me in with them.
“Who are you?” The boy had finally spoken and I was still lost in his eyes. He gently reached out and touched my bare arm. His hands were so soft I almost wanted this moment to never stop. I leaned into his arm, not wanting his had to leave my skin, even though his touch sent heat waves across my body. “Who are you?” He asked again, and he closed his eyes, breaking the spell they had on me.
“Oh, I’m sorry.” I said and tried standing up, flustered, but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back close to him. His eyes were pleading with mine, asking for an answer. “My name is Amara,” I finally managed to tell him, my voice almost a whisper.
He smile was so genuine, I never wanted to leave him. “Oh, my name is Jonathan.” His voice was like silk. So smooth and calming. I wanted to listen to him talk all day.
There was an awkward silence between us as we stared at each other. Neither of us knew what to say.
“Amara! I need that tape I was asking for!” My dad yelled over to me from the other side of the car. He couldn’t see me. The silence was broken and we were both brought back to reality.
I stood up slowly, whispering to Jonathan. “Stay here. I’ll be right back.” I started walking away. “Coming!” I yelled back to my dad.
I grabbed the tape out of the back seat of the car and went around to give it to my dad.
“Thanks, sweetie.” My dad said to me, taking the tape.
“Where’s Mom and Alex?” I asked.
“Alex had to go to the bathroom.” He responded, busy with his work.
“Oh,” I said, walking away. I didn’t want to get stuck with a job right now. I needed to talk to Jonathan.
I walked back over to where I left Jonathan only to find that he was gone. The only thing left was a bunch of matted down grass from where he was laying. I looked around and didn’t see anyone. I was disappointed. Where did he go? Didn’t I ask him to stay where he was?
“Amara! Will you come and help us put some streamers on the truck?” My mom’s voice rang out.
Reluctantly, I walked over to the back of the car and stopped breathing. Jonathan was helping my mom hang up the streamers. What is going on? My heart started beating faster than usual and Jonathan looked over at me.
He smiled at me and I couldn’t help but smile back.
“Oh, Amara, this is Jonathan. He’s on the football team at your school and was here early, so he decided to help out. Isn’t that sweet?” My mom didn’t look at me because she was too busy with streamers. “I’m surprised you guys don’t know each other, Amara. You need to be more social and get with handsome guys like Jonathan.”
I blushed slightly. God. My mom. She would say that in front of him.
Jonathan was still looking at me. He smirked and I could tell he was trying hard not to laugh.
“Well, to be fair, Mrs. Collins, I just moved here at the beginning of the summer. I only know a few guys that go to the school.”
“Oh, well, then I guess you two can be friends going into the new year.” My mom said, smiling at me.
I just rolled my eyes. Jonathan was adorable, but there was no way we could even be considered friends. The last time I had a friend that was a guy, was in eighth grade, and he was my boyfriend. Jonathan was probably like all the rest of the boys I’ve ever met. Annoying, full of himself, and hungry for more than I can give him, if you know what I mean. Boys are pigs.
“Amara,” his voice made me regret what I was just thinking. “I want to talk to you,” Jonathan said.
I turned around and found him right behind me. I took a step back, unprepared for his closeness.
“Yeah?” I asked. I was still in shock from his eyes. Are they real?
“Yes, they’re real.” He said, letting out a breath.
“Oh, uhm. Did I say that out loud?” I asked him, embarrassed.
“No, you didn’t.” He laughed. I blushed. “I just get asked that a lot and you haven’t been able to take your pretty eyes away from them since I opened them.” He smiled again.
Did he just call my eyes pretty. I thought we were talking about his eyes. I was blushing more now.
“Oh, well you’re eyes are unbelievable. It’s hard to take mine away.” I mumbled, not sure I wanted him to hear me admit that.
“I heard that.” He smiled, his finger quickly brushing against my jaw line. Then he turned around to go and help my parents with something else.
Maybe this kid can be one of my friends.

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

Jaguar17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:58 am
This is awesome, hope there['s more :D hurry and write more <3

ForThoseWhoHaveHeart said...
This was simply amazing. I hope you almost done with the next few chapters! I loved it.(: Continue with the good work.