New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Dear Agony

Author's note: This is only the beginning more chapters are coming!
Author's note: This is only the beginning more chapters are coming!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

A new beginning

“Jae!” I was startled awake by my mother’s voice, “Your going to be late!” I jumped out of bed I couldn’t be late on the first day of a new school. I was going to be a Junior and I was so excited. I ran into the bathroom and took a super fast shower. When I got out I straightened my hair. It was dark red and almost looked black when it was wet. I put on a white lace cami and some dark washed skinny jeans. “Mom!” I called down the stairs. “What?” she came to the bottom of the stairs. “Where is my brown bomber jacket?” I asked with a spoiled smile. “It will be down here when you come down.” my mom smiled back up at me. “Ok!” I walked back into my room. I put on my makeup then walked downstairs. My mom threw me my bomber jacket and a banana. “Your going to be late” she said as she handed me my shoes. “I know” I said as I slipped on my brown sperrys. I quickly put on my jacket, grabbed my bag and ran out the door. “I love you!” my mom called after me. I slipped into my blue rav4 and turned the key. I was out of the driveway in literally 3 seconds. I zoomed down my street. Thankfully the school was only five miles from my house. This was the only perk to living in a small town in Connecticut. I was really nervous and when I pulled into the school parking lot it only got worse. I searched for a parking space and found one next to a sleek black motorcycle. I pulled into the space and turned off the car. Surprisingly I was about ten minutes early, so I sat there trying to calm myself down. I had never been to a new school before, but when my dad died my mom wanted to get out of New York, but I missed it there so much. I finally took a deep breath and got out of the car. There were people everywhere. Some were talking by their cars and others were lounging on benches. I turned and saw a girl with honey blonde hair sitting by herself on a bench. I decided to walk over and talk to her. “Hey” I said as I walked up. She looked up startled. “Hey” she said finally. “Mind if I sit here?” She shook her head and moved over. “New here?” she turned to me. “Yea” I sighed. She smiled, “I’m Lexi.” I smiled back, “Jae.” From her smile I knew that I now had a really good friend. “Lemme see your schedule.” she held out her hand. I handed her a blue slip of paper with all my classes. She looked at it for a second then started talking. “Ok we have pre-cal and history together” she handed my back my paper. “And unfortunately you have science and English with my brother” she giggled. I looked at her confused. “You’ll see” she gave me a mischievous look. I changed the subject, “Why do we only have four classes?” “Well, the school couldn’t afford to have any more, so they picked the core classes” she answered matter of factly. I nodded. “Small town small money” I thought. Then the bell rang. “Let’s go!” Lexi grabbed my hand and we walked into the school. Luckily our lockers were together so I felt so much better. “Looks like we were meant to be friends huh?” Lexi looked at me and smiled. I smiled back because I was really happy. The first two classes went by really well, mostly because me and Lexi were together. “So did you enjoy our first two classes?” Lexi asked me on the way to lunch. “They were boring” I said giving a mischievous smile. She laughed and we entered the cafeteria. “That’s my brother” Lexi pointed to a table across the room. There were five guys sitting at the table. “Which one?” I asked. “The one with honey blonde hair and crew cut” she pointed again. Then I saw him and lost my breath. He was really cute. He also looked just like his sister. “Twins?” I looked at her. “No”, she laughed, “He is a year older.” I nodded and grabbed a tray. After we got our food Lexi started moving towards the boys table. “Your brother doesn’t mind you eating with him?” I asked impressed. “Nah we’re really close” she smiled as we reached the table. Her brother looked up at us. “Hey Lex” he said casually. “Hey, this is Jae” she said motioning towards me, “Jae this is Alex.” I smiled and he held out his hand. I shook it. Lexi sat down and patted to a spot next to her. “Jae this is Mark, Justin, and Brett” she motioned towards the three other boys. I smiled “Hey.” Mark had shaggy brown hair with blue eyes. Justin had short black hair and green eyes, and Brett had long brown hair with dark brown eyes. They were all wearing t-shirts and baggy jeans. The whole time we pretty much kept to ourselves. Me and Lexi talked to each other and they boys talked to one and other. When the bell rang for lunch to be over we all got up and went our separate ways. “Mark and Alex are best friends they go everywhere together, kinda like girls” Lexi giggled. I giggled along with her. After we got our books from our lockers we went our separate ways. “Hey meet me by your car after school” Lexi called as she walked backwards. “Kay” I waved and walked the other way. I walked into room 134 for Mr. Tannes’s science class, and sure enough Alex and Mark were talking in the back with some girls. I rolled my eyes, typical guys. I sat down at one of the tables right as Mr. Tannes walked in. “All right everyone sit” he said in a booming voice. Everyone grabbed a chair and sat. “Right now I am going to assign you science partners which you will keep for the whole year.” He grabbed a clipboard and started to assign partners. “Miss Jae Harrow and Mr. Alex Thomas” he called out and pointed to a table towards the back. I sighed and rolled my eyes as I walked towards the back. This was going to be very interesting. I put my books on the desk and sat down . “Hey” Alex gave a casual smile. “Hey” I smiled back. “Ok now that you have your partners I will give you ten minutes to meet one and other” Mr. Tannes started the timer and sat at his desk. Alex turned to me. “Well I know that your friends with my sister” he said in his deep voice. It made my stomach drop. “Obviously” I answered back. I was proud at how calm my voice was. He smiled smugly, “Well were did you come from?” “I came from New York, we moved because my dad died” I looked down to hide my face. I started to tear up. He placed his hand on my shoulder, “I’m sorry.” I looked up. That sounded more like an apology not sympathy. Before I could answer Mr. Tannes stood up, “Times up.” I turned and faced the front. I decided I would talk to him in English. After the bell rang I walked straight downstairs to my English class. It was room 234 with Mrs. Fraternelly. I wasn’t surprised to see Alex with Mark flirting with girls. The whole class I tried to get his attention, but he was sitting in the back. I finally gave up and just forgot about it. After school I met Lexi by my car. “So there is this ice cream shop in town that we always hang out at,” she smiled mischievously, “you game?” “Who is we?” I asked. “Just the boys and us.” Part of me really just didn’t want to go. There was something strange about Alex and it made me nervous. Lexi looked at me waiting. “Fine” I sighed. I then noticed she was leaning on the black motorcycle. “Is that yours?” I asked a little shocked. “Nope, its Alex’s” she patted the bike. “Figures” I muttered. “Hey off my bike” Alex came strutting up to the bike with Mark behind him. Both me and Lexi rolled our eyes. “Jae will you drive me?” Lexi asked with a smile. I rolled my eyes, “Sure.” Alex got onto his bike and Mark got onto the one next to him, which I hadn’t noticed was there. I got into my car and started the engine. Lexi got into the passenger seat. “Let’s go!” she said excited. “Ok relax!” I laughed at her. “Sorry, I’m just really glad I met you today, I’m usually the only girl” she looked down embarrassed. “I’m super glad I met you too” I said starting to laugh. She looked up and smiled. Behind her smile I thought I saw something else, something secret. I shook it off and kept driving. I parked and me and Lexi walked into the shop. Mark and Alex were already sitting in a booth across from each other. Lexi slid into the booth with Mark. I sighed and slid in next to Alex. “We already ordered for you guys” Alex said. “You couldn’t have been that far ahead of us” I argued. “Well ya we were” Mark tried to imitate my voice. I sighed angrily. Boys were so immature sometimes. Lexi gave me an apologetic look. I nodded and smiled. We ate our ice cream and talked about how our day went. The ice cream was so good. “What is this?” I asked Alex. “Its peppermint mocha, pretty good huh?” He gave me a smug smile. I was sorry I asked. “Alright well I have to get home.” I announced and got up. “Alright I’ll see you tomorrow!” Lexi gave me a hug. I hugged her back. “Bye Alex, bye Mark” I waved and walked to the door. On my way home I noticed the clouds getting darker. “Lovely” I muttered. Right as I turned down my street the rain started to pound down. I pulled into my driveway and ran into the house. “Mom I’m home” I called as I walked into the house. No one answered. “She’s probably still at work” I mumbled. I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge. All of a sudden I had a feeling that someone was watching me. I quickly turned around, but no one was there. I still felt nervous. I jumped as thunder boomed through the house. I shuddered and decided to lock myself in my room. “This is so stupid” I thought as I turned the lock. I sat down on my bed. My phone started to ring. I looked at caller ID. It was my mom. “Hey mom’ I said when I answered the phone. “Jae run” her voice was shaky. “Mom what are you talking about?” I started to get really scared. “Run!’ she screamed, then I lost the signal. I flung open my door and ran downstairs. I went to grab my keys on the counter but they weren’t there. “Looking for these?” I turned. There was an older man holding my keys. He had a long black overcoat, but I couldn’t take my eyes of the shining knife in his hand. I slowly backed towards the door. “I wouldn’t move if I were you” he gave an evil grin and held the knife up. I flung open the door and ran as fast as I could. The rain was pouring into my face and I couldn’t see. Then I felt a sharp pain in the bak of my knee. I fell to the ground almost knocked unconscious by the pain. I reached down and felt the handle of a knife. “You think you could run from me?” the man laughed. He yanked the knife out of my knee and I screamed with pain. Then I saw a bright light flash in front of me and the man flew backwards. I honestly though I was dying. Then everything went black.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Jaguar17 said...
Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:42 am:
hurry and post more? I love it :D

JustAnotherDay.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:17 pm:
Please hurry and post more. <3

Mermaidmissy said...
Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:21 am:
Ok, your book is so cool and awesome!! I hope you keep on writing some more pages soon. Can you please take a look at some of my poems and my book please. Thanks! :)

musicismyheart247 said...
Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:06 pm:
wow nice jobe

im-obsessed-with-kpop said...
Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:51 pm:
ooo sounds intresting

alliejae said...
Hey! comment on my story so that i can know what people think about it!

BrianaK replied...
Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:49 pm :
Good Job! It was good!