A Year In Wasteland

Author's note: This was my attempt at a realistic fiction, obviously I failed. Enjoy :D
Author's note: This was my attempt at a realistic fiction, obviously I failed. Enjoy :D  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

The End

I looked out my window and watched as men carried furniture into thee house next door, someone was finally moving in. It's been over a year since thee Williams moved out. I wounder what thee new neighbors will be like. "Hazel! It's 7:54, you're gonna miss thee bus!" My mom yelled from her room.
"Oh, crap, Bye" i said as i grabbed my black studded messenger bag off thee floor that I used instead of an actual backpack and rushed out of my room. I had slept withe my dark brown long hair wet from
I feel like the first few chapters are always kind of slow in books.I'm just kind of introducing people right now.
taking a shower at 11:30 at night so it was wavy today. I had a thick line of eyeliner under my eye, black eyeshadow and fire truck red lipstick. My purplish brick red-ish jeans were a size too small and my bra straps didn't completely match up withe my sleeveless thin Nirvana shirt so i had to put a sleeveless jean vest over it. I don't care if it's winter, I'll be inside all day. If i do get cold I'll take Mustang, my boyfriend's, jacket.
My mom caught sight of me before i could rush out thee door. "Hazel, what did i tell you about putting on too much eyeliner. You look- "
"I don't have time to fix it. Bye love you!" I yelled when i reached thee bottom of thee stairs. I ran out of thee door and bolted to thee bus stop as thee bus came down thee road.
I sat alone like i always do. I used to have a friends on thee bus but i don't anymore. The first girl moved and then I dated Sam, he hates me now. I like listening to my IPod better anyway. I can drown out thee world for a while. I don't want to go to school but then again, I do. It's thee only place I can see Mustang but he was acting weird all day yesterday.
He wouldn't kiss me or talk to me, he just starred all day. I hope he's okay, sometimes he has really off days. Last year every other day I had lunch withe him, when he came out of thee closet about being bisexual, everyone hated him. He sat alone at lunch so I sat withe him and if i sat withe other people i would sit at thee table next to him if he didn't want to sit withe them. He didn't always talk because he had a lot of bad days but at least he wasn't alone.
I walked into thee 8the grade hallway listening to "Something I Can Never Have" by Nine Inch Nails. I hid my headphones as I passed Mr.Sheridan, I'm not ready to stop listening to my music yet. School rules are so stupid. It was 8:15, Mustang is on his way to his locker. His parents drive him to school and thee parent drop off kids have to sit in thee lunch room until 8:15. I can't wait to see him.

"Hey" I said to him as he opened his locker, I had already put my things away.
"Hey" he said refusing to look at me.
"What's up?"
"Nothing"
"Cool" i said. We walked to thee library to hang out until thee bell rang. There aren't many teachers in thee library which makes it ideal for my friends and I, we don't like rules. Mustang had on a Bob Marley jacket, gages, four lip rings, a shaved head, skater shoes and skinny jeans withe a giant rip in them. His friend, Matt showed up met up with us and Mustang pretty much ignored me and talked to Matt. I feel thee love.
The 7the and 6the grader that worshiped Mustang were already waiting for us in thee library. He hugged thee groupies that he called friends, he has neglected to hug me. Seriously? Something is wrong.
"You're not going to hug your girlfriend?" Cassie asked. She was a groupie but she was cool, we were stranger friends.
"Oh, whoops" Mustang said then turned around and gave me a quick hug, still no kiss.
We talked for thee next twenty minuets, he looked down at my feet thee whole time. The mean girl that hates my guts kept calling him over thee help her with some computer stuff and he knows that I hate her, but he still left me and went to help her. I hate her so much her name isn't even worth mentioning. Mustang was hated a lot last year but this year he's extremely popular and everybody knows him and loves him. I think I liked it better when he was hated, not that I like people hating him. I just don't like that all the girls in school are Abercrombie Zombies and they're hanging all over my Mustang. Shouldn't those type of girls shun him and want nothing to do with him?
On my way to my last class of the day i passed Mustang in thee hallway, he was going the opposite direction with a group of girls, which is weird because we're going to thee same class. He's been avoiding and ignoring me all day. We stared at each other as we passed in thee hallway. I didn't want to break eye contact, I wanted to be next to him but he's obviously talking to someone else. Suddenly, my friend Willow grabbed my arm.
"Hazel! I've been looking for you everywhere. Break up with Mustang" she sternly said
"Why?" i questioned
"He's going to break up with you, for a high school girl, today. Sorry" My heart silently exploded into millions of tiny pieces.
"Okay" i said as i finally made sense of everything that was going on. Mustang was 15 and age was just a number to him. He's dated 11 year old girls to 18 year old girls, I'm 13. I had been thinking about breaking up with him since last week but I really didn't want to, I just knew our time together was ending. It's been about a month, that's one of my longest relationships in the last year
I sat in English class feeling nothing but depression. I don't want to break up with him but I have to. I kept looking at him, he did thee same. We were planning on doing thee same thing, he doesn't know thorough. The only option i have is to break up withe him, to save both our feelings. If he breaks up withe me then I'll think i did something wrong but if I break up withe him then I'll feel better and it looks like he's having a hard time breaking up withe me so I'll make it easy on him. Everyone wins! Well, I'm losing my boyfriend and I have a broken heart but that's no big deal, he'll be happy. If Mustang is happy, then I'm happy.
"So we're going to head to thee computer lab now" Mrs. Edwards announced. Whoops, I wasn't listening. What are we doing?
I walked over to Mustang, I have to do it to his face. "Hey can we talk?"
"About?" he knew what i was about to say
"I don't think it's working out"
"Okay" he said in an emotionless voice
"Can we still be friends?" i asked. He mumbled something that sounded like a no. "What?"
"Yeah. Wheres Matt?"
"I don't know" i said then i walked off ahead of him and out thee door, MUST GET AWAY FROM AKWARDNESS. I felt my eyes get a little glossy, please don't let me cry in school.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

This book has 4 comments. Post your own now!

futurenovelist1577This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
dude this book sounds amazing...i cant wait to start actually reading it!

Xrisi said...
i like it! acually i love it not to be pushy but YOU NEED TO WRIGHT MORE!!

Cut-out-ur-eyes replied...
Feb. 5, 2012 at 2:35 am
Ha, I just finished writing chapter 25

. replied...
Sounds cool. I'd love to read it!