In Your Dreams | Teen Ink

In Your Dreams

January 14, 2012
By kelseyjean13 PLATINUM, Huntertown, Indiana
More by this author
kelseyjean13 PLATINUM, Huntertown, Indiana
26 articles 5 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"why wait for the storm to pass when you can dance in the rain"


I love stories. I love the way you hold your breath when something exciting happens in a good book. How you tense up and lower your head closer to your book without realizing it. I love how you can feel like your anywhere in the world for those short hours of reading. You feel as if your heart is breaking right along with the damsel in distress and you just want to cry right along with her. Don’t you just adore that feeling? Sometimes I actually put my stories in to the real world. I was always waiting for my prince charming to arrive. It happens in books and stories right? So a strange man was bound to knock on my door someday, right? I thought so. Of course this was when I was eight years old. I finally grew out of my silly childhood fantasies but there was always a small part of me that looked for my prince charming in every guy I dated. I wanted him to sweep me off my feet. Of course no seventeen year old boy is going to do that. So I was always disappointed. But then, out of nowhere, my prince charming appeared. It was like magic. It was just like fate. And like every good story, there had to be a catch. I didn’t know it at the time, but there was a catch, a pretty big catch. And that, of course, is where my story begins…
“Do you believe in fate?” I was sitting on the bus, the school bus. I was seventeen years old and still riding the school bus, how sad was I?
“Not really” Zack said with a grin. Zack was a year younger than me. Zack was the only person I had to talk to on the bus. Zack, was my best friend.
“How could you not believe in fate?” I knew he was just doing this to annoy me, but I didn’t care.
“Life is what YOU make it. You can’t just sit back and relax and wait for life to be handed to you.” He said with a shake of the head.
“So you don’t believe that if for some reason the love of your life had to move away you two would find each other in the end almost by magic?” I leaned closer to him, I knew he would give. He loved romance.
“eh, maybe.” He smiled down at me once again.
“If you two were meant to be together. Fate will take its toll. And you two will be together. That’s how it works!” I shoved him over so he was just about off the seat.
“You don’t really believe in all that junk now do you?” he teased. He put his arm around me and I rested my head on his chest and closed my eyes until we went over the big speed bump that let us all know that we were at school.
“Come on my lady. School is waiting for us.” Zack nudged me awake. I fixed my hair and stood up, taking Zack’s hand while filing out of the bus. I gave Patty the bus driver a wave and headed off to school.
Now, I know what you’re thinking. And you’re wrong. Zack is my best friend, and that’s it. He actually has a girlfriend. Her name is Kaci. She has long blonde hair and lots of freckles. Zack and Kaci have been going out for almost two years now. And I’m thinking that they are going to be together forever. They’re just so cute together. Zack was tan with his blonde hair cut short. Zack and Kaci have always been the ideal couple. And it’s not like I’m trying to steal Zack away or anything like that. Zack is my best friend and has been for a long time. We all love each other and I’m thinking we always will. But not in that way, this story has nothing to do with me and Zack. Now, back to my fairy-tale…
“Hey Alex” It was Jalen. Jalen always tried to act like he was all tough and macho. But it seemed like he dropped his whole act when he was around me. He was actually sweet and nice. Everyone thought that he liked me. But I always just figured that he didn’t want to pretend to be someone he wasn’t around me. I appreciated that he would trust me with his real self.
“Hello Jalen.” Immediately Jalen looked down at my hand. The hand that was holding on to Zack’s. He coughed once while flipping his hair out of his eyes and looked back up at me with a nervous smile. Jalen was tall, dark, and handsome. Deep down I always wished he would ask me out. And it always seemed like he was going to, but he always chickened out in the end. That was one thing that I didn’t like about Jalen. He never stood up for himself or acted confident. He just sat on the sidelines. Though besides that, the seemed perfect. He had a bad boy image without being a bad boy. You know what I mean? He had dark brown hair that swept his face perfectly. And he had huge light brown eyes that made him stand out from all the rest. Sometimes I got lost in his eyes. They were forever brown. Zack always told me to stay away from Jalen. He always told me that he wasn’t my type. But I didn’t even know I had a type. And who was Zack to tell me what my type was? He doesn’t even know Jalen. I always tried to tell Zack to give him a chance but he never listens to me.
“You wanna walk with me to first period?” he shoved his hands in his pockets and stared down at our feet with his fringe in his face. I looked up at Zack for approval and he finally released my hand and let me go off with Jalen. Zack has always told me that he didn’t trust Jalen. He always told him not to hang around me. Jalen didn’t have the best of influences and nobody really trusted him. He always looked as if he had some deep secret that only he knew. But he seemed nice and I was willing to give him a chance.
We walked down the hallway to first period Astronomy. Right before entering the classroom it was obvious that Jalen had gotten a little tenser.
“Is something wrong, Jalen?” I put my hand on top of his for comfort once we sat down and there was a charged silence between the two of us. But of course that just made him more nervous. After a second he regained his cool and put his other hand on top of my own.
“You wanna get some ice cream after school? I could give you a ride home so you don’t have to ride the bus.” He spoke so fast I could hardly understand him. But I kind of got the gist of what he was saying.
“Well what took you so long, Jalen?” I said with a smile. Jalen smiled right back at me still trying to keep his cool. But I knew he was dancing on the inside. Then like night and day his face turned white and he twisted his body so he was facing me, his eyes piercing my own.
“That’s a yes, right?” and with that I had to giggle.



************************

“Ice cream? With Jalen Strider?” Zack couldn’t believe it. He was pacing around the student parking lot with his face bright red.
“It’s just ice cream Zack! It’s not like I’m sleeping with the guy!” I didn’t know it was possible, but Zack’s face got even redder.

“You don’t know Jalen, Alex! That’s probably all he’s thinking about!”
“Oh settle down miss dramatic. Alex is a big girl. She’ll be fine.” Kaci came outside and walked over to Zack to calm him down.
“I’m not being dramatic, Kaci! Alex is just being stupid!” he put his hand over his forehead and closed his eyes.
“You aren’t my father, Zack. I don’t need your permission.” I crossed my arms over my chest, trying to look tough. Yeah, tough me, all five foot two inches.
“If you don’t need my permission, then why’d you ask me?” he looked back over at me. Zack could actually pull of looking tuff being a whole foot taller. If I could only be so lucky.
“I wasn’t asking you! I was letting you know so you wouldn’t be mad when you found out from someone else that I was getting ice cream with Jalen!” I patently tried to explain to my friend.
“Did I just hear my name?” Jalen came up from behind me and hesitantly put his arm around my shoulder. Zack gave him a glare and walked off with Kaci following after him.
“Did I interrupt something?”
“No, you came just in time. You ready to go?”
“Yeah, I guess so…” Jalen looked back at where Zack had stormed off to, to see what had just happened.
“What? You don’t want to go anymore?” I looked up at him with my bright blue puppy dog eyes, trying to get him off the subject of Zack and his rudeness. Jalen swept my wavy blonde hair behind my ear with a perfect half smile on his face,
“Zack doesn’t like me much, does he?” I exhaled loudly, clearly defeated. I looked in to his immense brown eyes with a small smile on my face,
“How’d you guess? Zack doesn’t know anything. Let’s just go get some ice cream. Okay?”
“Sounds good to me.” he said with a cheesy wink.

I climbed into his old pickup truck pushing over some old cups from burger king and a big pile of old junk on the floor. He looked at me with a sorry expression on his face and he started up the truck. I couldn’t believe I was actually doing this. Jalen’s always been a nice guy and stuff. I just never imagined myself actually getting ice cream with the guy.
“So...” I could tell that Jalen was nervous. I didn’t know what to say either. It was a very awkward moment. The truck wouldn’t start at first and we were just sitting in his truck staring out the front windshield staring at the other kids walking to their own cars. I looked past the other crappy cars and saw Zack and Kaci fighting. Their arms were flailing and Kaci was trying to calm Zack down without causing a scene. I was trying to read their lips but right as I was figuring out what they were talking about the engine finally ignited and he backed up quickly like he saw them in the distance as well and didn’t want to wait around to figure out what they were talking about. So we headed off to the nearest ice cream place.

“Chocolate or vanilla?” he finally asked.
“vanilla” I said without even thinking about it.
“Vanilla, Really? I figured you were a chocolate girl.” Jalen said with a cheesy smile.
“I have always felt sorry for vanilla. I’m sure most of the human population picks chocolate. I have always had a thing for the underdog I guess.” I didn’t know why, but all of a sudden I felt totally self conscience like I had said too much and he was about to laugh in my face. There was silence in the old truck. I just sat there feeling like an idiot with my head held down and my face flushed.
“Do you think I’m an underdog?” he was paying very close attention to the traffic now.
“What do you mean?” was this really why he was being silent for so long?
“Is that why you agreed to get ice cream with me? Because you think I’m a vanilla in a world of chocolates and you just feel sorry for me?” Jalen spoke very slowly. As he was finishing his slowly spoken sentence we arrived at the small ice cream shop and he parked very carefully next to a fancy red mustang. He put the truck in park and finally looked over at me, waiting for an answer.
I took my seat belt off and unhurriedly scooted over to the middle seat between the two of us. I raised my hand up to his cheek, pulling him closer to me and kissed him lightly on the lips.
“You are not an underdog, Jalen. You could never pull off being a vanilla.” I whispered in his ear with a smile on my face. Jalen coughed awkwardly not knowing what else to do or say. I finally lowered my arm staring into his amazing eyes. I knew by the way he was leaning that he wanted to kiss me again. But he just took off his seat belt, took the keys out of the ignition, flipped his hair once more and got out of the truck mumbling to himself with a slight smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

In every good fairy-tale there is a prince, a princess, and some evil queen or witch trying to keep the first two apart, right? Well that’s not really how my story goes. You could say that I’m the princess and I guess you could say there’s a prince as well but there isn’t really an evil person per say. I wish there was. That probably would make my story a little more interesting. An evil, old queen trying to keep me away from my true love, but that isn’t exactly how it works out in the end but we’re nowhere near the end yet and that’s where the story picks up…
“So is ice cream as sweet as you remember it?” Kaci had called me exactly two minutes after I got home from having ice cream with Jalen.
“Hello to you too Kaci” I laughed, falling down on my bed.
“Enough with the chit chat. How was your date?” Kaci was known for being an impatient person.
“It wasn’t really a date, Kaci. We just went out for some ice cream, that’s it.” Kaci was silent for about, 5 seconds.
“well… is he a good kisser?” she spoke so fast I took me awhile to figure out what she said.
“Kaci! That is none of your business!” I shouted into the phone.
“Ha! So you did kiss him?! How was it?” damn, she’s better than I thought.
“Kaci,” I heard her talking but then realized that she was talking to someone in the background. I heard Zack’s distinct voice ask a question.

“yeah, they kissed.” Zack made some kind of remark that I couldn’t make out and Kaci was talking again to him,
“Oh chill Zackariah. I’m sure it was just a simple little peck. Don’t you go pacing on me now!”
“Kaci! Why didn’t you tell me you were with Zack! You shouldn’t have told him anything!” Kaci does not know how to keep her mouth shut sometimes.
“You really thought I wouldn’t tell him sooner or later? Don’t you know me better than that Alex?” she giggled into the phone.
“Zack’s already mad at me. You aren’t helping Kaci!”
“Oh Zack needs to get over it. It’s his problem if he doesn’t like Jalen. Jalen’s cute and you need a boyfriend.” I could hear Zack’s voice in the background again,
“You did not just say that Jalen was cute! Ugh!” I could here Kaci laugh slightly.
“Actually, something did happen when we were getting ice cream,” I looked down at my shirt with a smile on my face.
“Really? What?” Kaci said excitedly
“When he got my vanilla ice cream he turned around fast to give it to me and it went all down my shirt. It was freezing cold and he got napkins to try and clean it up but once he realized he spilled it all over my chest he put the napkins in my hands and ran to ask for another ice cream. I felt sorry for him. But I could not help from laughing.” I busted out laughing from the memory and heard Kaci laughing as well.
I heard her retell the story to Zack but I didn’t hear him laugh.
“He is such a loser” he finally muttered.

“So are you two going out again?” Kaci asked.
“I’m not sure. He was really embarrassed the whole time. I doubt he’ll have the courage to ask me out again I probably scared him away.”
“That’s too bad. Well I got to go. Zack is starting to pace again and I don’t want him to burn a hole in my floor. Catch ya later sweetie.” Before I could even respond Kaci hung up to deal with her stubborn boyfriend.

“Alexandra! Time for dinner!” I heard my mom call me from downstairs in the kitchen. She was the only one on the entire planet who called me Alexandra. Everyone called me Alex. I tried to get that through my mother’s head. But she never listened to me. Alexandra was my given name blah blah blah. I always stopped listening to her after that. The only other person who didn’t call me Alex was Tony. Tony, my older and only brother called me Andy. He always has and he probably always will. I always kind of liked it. It always made me feel more tomboyish than I actually am. He never gave a nick name to Claire. Claire’s my younger sister. She’s fourteen years old and has a mad crush on Zack. Tony and I always pretty much ignored her but sometimes that was impossible.
“How was your day Alexandra?” My mother asked me as a sat down to join the rest of my family for dinner. Dad wasn’t home as usual. He was a professor over at the community college and always had to stay late.
“fine”
“You came home later than usual. Why’s that?” my mother is always so serious. What does it take to get a smile out of this woman!?

“Oh, I stopped to get some ice cream with a friend.” I said looking down at my mashed potatoes.



“With Zack!?” Claire’s eyes lit up like a Christmas tree.

“No”

“Okay Alexandra. Enough with the one word answers. Please answer the question.” My mother looked at me, not amused with my ‘attitude’.

“I went with Jalen.” I finally said.



“You went to get ice cream with Jalen Strider, Andy?” Tony asked, trying to hold in his laugh.

“Who is Jalen?” My mother asked, interested in Tony’s outburst.

“Just a kid in my class” I glared over at Tony.

“How do you know this kid, Anthony?” My mother turned her attention to Tony. Of course she has to call him by his ‘given’ name as well.

“I guess you’d say he’s a friend of mine.” Tony said still smiling. My brother has always worn ripped skinny jeans to school with converse shoes and his black hair all in his face. My mother always said he was just ‘expressing himself’. But it seems like he has been ‘expressing himself’ since he was a freshman. So Tony was in the same circle of friends as Jalen. Jalen wasn’t as ‘emo’ as Tony and Tony is a year older than him. But I did know that they still sat together at lunch and had the same interest in music. Tony had told me more than once that Jalen talked about me. He thought his little crush on me was hilarious. I guess mom didn’t feel the same way.

“I’m sure he’s a nice boy. You should invite him over for dinner sometime Alexandra.” My mother said with a nod of her head like the decision was final.

“What a fine idea mother.” Tony said, hiding his smile.


“Zack should come to dinner too!” Claire said speaking up.

“Shut up Claire.” I said under my breath.



“Respect your sister, Claire. Maybe you should invite one of your own friends to dinner. Zack has been over plenty of times.” My mother said in her same boring tone of voice. Claire sat back in her chair with a scowl on her face.























****************************************

Every night before I go to bed the last thing I hear before my eye lids droop down is the slight sound of Tony’s guitar strings. It has been a ritual for me since he started playing when he was ten years old. There is something so peaceful about his playing. Every note is perfect and it flows perfectly like the best lullaby a girl could ask for.
Even though it may not seem like it, Tony is actually pretty shy. He has never played in front of an audience. The only person who has ever heard him play is me. My room is right next to his. My mother and dad’s room is on the other side of the house and Claire’s room is upstairs.
When I was little I never thought he knew I listened to him play. I always used to sit right behind his door and close my eyes listening to his beautiful melodies. I thought I was the sneakiest person ever. But one summer night he opened my door and asked me what I thought about his newest song. A big smile was on his face and he told me he had written it just for me. So when ever I tell him I’m going to bed he gets his guitar out and plays my lullaby for me every night in the comfort of his own room.

I have always told Tony that he should play for people. Start a band; break loose. But he always just shakes his head stubbornly and mumbles that it’d be a waist of time and effort. Even so I have always loved this part of my day the most. It was the perfect way to wind down and know that at least someone out there cares about me.

As I let my thoughts wander and my lullaby was coming to a close I drifted off and my dreams started to form…

I’m sitting alone. I’m sitting alone in a garbage filled truck. Where am I am? How did I get here? I frantically look around the truck when I hear the driver’s side door open and see Jalen climb into the cab with a sweet smile on his face. For a second I wasn’t even sure it was Jalen. He seemed come comfortable in his own skin. He seemed too mellow to be the Jalen I knew. But for some reason, I knew it was Jalen. For one second in my life I felt everything was right in the world. That one sweet smile made me forget all my worries and flaws in the one simple second. “You ready to go?” His voice was so sweet; like velvet flowing off his tongue. I was just about to say yes. Agree to anything he asked me that very moment. But then my senses returned to me and I was confused, “Where are we going?” He didn’t answer me. He put his truck into gear and drove off. “Where are we going, Jalen?” I tried to ask again. Yet all he did was smile in my direction, his focus totally off the road. However we never swerved. We didn’t go an inch off of the road. “We’re here.” He put the truck in park and sprinted out of the vehicle to my side and opened up my door all gentlemen like. Before getting out of the truck I looked out and saw where we were parked. We were parked right in front of the doors to the ice cream shop. I was so confused. Why are we here? Oh well, might as well go with it. He’s cute and I’m hungry. “Well, thanks?” I stepped down from the truck and walked into the ice cream parlor. “One vanilla and one chocolate” he said with confidence. I have never seen Jalen so confident. This was a side of him I’ve never seen. Jalen spun around fast and offered me my vanilla ice cream, without spilling it all over my front. “For you my lady.” Did he get taller? There’s something different about him. He has never been so attractive. “Aw, thanks for not spilling it all over me?” Instead of a nervous laugh like I was expecting, he gave me a concerned look, like he didn’t know what the hell I was talking about. “You know, when we got ice cream before? You spilled it all over me?” was I actually going crazy? “We’ve had ice cream before? I thought this was our first date?” he looked down at me like I was a confused child. Normally when people do that I absolutely hate it, but with him, with him it felt different. “Oh yeah, um, yeah” I didn’t know what to say. I just mumbled to myself while trying not to look even more stupid. “You’re cute when you’re nervous.” He said as a matter a fact. He took another lick from his ice cream, studying it intently. Feeling self conscience I put my blonde hair behind my ear and stared down at my own ice cream cone. Soon I finally started to loosen up and we started great conversation and I laughed a lot. But then all of a sudden I started to feel sleepy. Right as I yawned, Jalen looked at me with a sad expression on his face. “Time for you to go.” He got up from his chair and offered me his hand. “What? Why?” What was going on? I was just starting to enjoy myself. “I’m sorry A. but this is all the time we have.” A? Did he just make up some kind of nickname for me? How cute! So I held on to his hand and was led back to his truck. The car ride back to my house was completely silent. Not one sound came out of us until we go to my house. He turned the car off; scooted over to the middle seat between the two of us. Looked me in the eye, beautiful big brown eyes. Caressed my face so lightly I could barley feel it. He kissed me lightly on the lips. I didn’t want him to pull me away. I didn’t want his sweet scent to leave me. It was so much like the way I had kissed him in front of the ice cream shop but better, way better. He actually took control. Actually had confidence. Wait, when was that? What time is it, now? What day is it? Where am I? All of a sudden everything turned black. All that was left in my sight was Jalen. We were just floating there in the nothing less black. He touched my face one more time and whispered in my ear, “Goodbye A.” And then, like all good things, it ended. My perfect fairytale dream date was over with the blink of an eye. I blinked groggily and looked around my room wondering what the hell just happened. Was that for real? Was it really all just a dream? I didn’t know. I looked over at my phone and saw that I had two missed texts; one from Zack and the other from Jalen. We’re going to Finnegan’s at noon. Be ready. From Zack and, I had a dream bout u last nite. From Jalen Jalen had a dream about me? So does that mean that that was actually a dream? That didn’t really happen. Just a weird dream that was wonderful and everything I would hope a date to be. I didn’t really want to go to Finnegan’s today. It’s Zack’s favorite restaurant. But I didn’t have to meet them till noon. I’m sure I have plenty of time. I lazily looked over at my alarms clock and slowly read the digital clock. I could believe what it read, 11:20. What!? It cant be this late! I have never slept this late in my life! I have always been a morning person. I jumped off my bed knowing that I would not have time for a shower. I looked in my mirror over my dresser and saw that I still had make up on from last night all smudged over my face. Well don’t I look beautiful? I washed my face real fast and changed into my favorite skinny jeans and an old ratty shirt. I threw my hair into a short pony tail and straightened my bangs in record time. “Daddy can I borrow the car?” you would probably think that I was daddy’s little girl. You probably think I get everything I want. Well, that’s not exactly the case. “Only if you drop Claire off at the mall” He said with a thought about it. I may not be daddy’s little girl. But Claire, she’s a different story. Tony and I have made fun of her for it since the first time dad called her princess. I don’t really mind. I think it’s kind of funny. But why does Claire get to be “princess”? What I am the ugly sister? That seems fair to me, not! He calls Tony “sport”. He calls Claire “princess” and he calls me…Alex. Thanks dad, thanks a lot. “She just went to the mall last weekend. Why does she have to go again?” I didn’t want to sound like I was complaining. Complaining wouldn’t help my cause in the long run. “She needs new shoes. Here’s some money princess.” He handed Claire fifty dollars and gave her a kiss while she skipped off to the car outside. “Thanks daddy!” Life is so not fair. “You better get a move on, Alex. Claire is supposed to meeting her friends there.” He said not leaving his eyes from the newspaper. “Yeah, thanks daddy.” I stepped in to the car. Put my seat belt on. Fixed my mirrors and held out my hand to Claire. She put twenty dollars from the fifty dad gave her and we headed out to the mall. You see me and the “princess” have a deal. I won’t give her any crap if she gives me twenty dollars out of the fifty dad gives her when I have to drive to the mall. I guess you could say that it’s us… bonding. I know it may seem like it, but I don’t actually hate my sister’s guts. Sure she can get pretty annoying. And sure she is daddy’s little girl. But she’s my little sister. “Who are you meeting at the mall?” I said trying to make conversation. “Angela” “Okay, who are you really meeting at the mall?” I said with a laugh. “Trevor” she said with a blush. “Oh! Trevor? Is he cute?” I asked faking interest. “Yeah I guess so. But Zack is much cuter! I don’t see why you won’t go out with him. He is like, perfect!” “How many times do we have to go over this, Claire. Zack and I are friends. And we will always just be friends. Get that through your head.” Claire was finally silent. Out of the corner of my eye I saw her lower her shirt inch by inch trying to show off some cleavage that she didn’t even have. I stifled a laugh. Do all fourteen year olds act like this? Wasn’t I still playing with Barbie’s at this age? Wow, this Trevor guy must be something. “Uh, Claire, You really need your shirt that low? You don’t really have much to show off.” I finally said once we were said closer to the mall. “Oh come on Alex. You aren’t mom. Just lay off.” She knew it was coming. She was waiting for me to say something. And even though she yelled at me, I saw her lift her shirt a little higher. I pulled up to the entrance of the mall with a satisfied smile on my face as she tried stepping out of the car in her too short shirt. Oh how these kids are growing up. ********************************************* “Will you please tell me who you’re texting.” Zack said impatiently. From the moment I stepped in Flannigan’s I was texting Jalen about my dream. It was so weird. His dream was about the ice cream shop too. He said it was like the most perfect date ever. I kept telling myself that it was just a coincidence that we dreamed the same dream. But another part of me believed it was something deeper than that. “Jalen” I said hiding behind my cell phone. “Oh! How romantic!” Kaci said sarcastically. “Alex! Why Jalen? I know of a couple guys who would love to go out with you. Why Jalen? He is such a f*in’ poser! Leave him for the dogs.” Zack grunted, slamming his drink on the table top. Kaci took Zack’s hand wanting him not to make a big deal out of nothing. “I think they look cute together. Let Alex be happy for once.” Kaci said with a nod of the head and a wink towards me. “And it’s not like I’m getting serious with the guy, Zack. We’re just friends for now.” “Oh sweetie, you don’t need to defend yourself. It’s none of his business whether or not you are serious with the guy.” Kaci said with a smack of Zack’s hand and a smile on her face. “Like hell it isn’t! I’m her best friend. And best friends deserve to know things about each other. So shut up Kaci.” Zack said pulling away from his girlfriend. “Okay, okay you two. New subject please.” I finally said, putting my phone away. “You think you’ll be allowed to go to Rockets tonight?” Kaci finally spoke up. Rockets was the local hang out place. Everyone went their. It was like a club for kids in high school. It was a great place to hang out besides the fact that it smelled like old feet. “I’m not sure, maybe if Tony will drive me.” I said with a shrug, not really wanting to go to Rockets. “Why wouldn’t she want to go to Rockets. Jalen is always there isn’t he? Perfect place for you two to hook up.” Zack said, staring down at the table. Kaci looked her boyfriend up and down with a disgusted look on her face. “I have to pee.” She left the table, strutting to the bathrooms. “You are such an ass, Zack. How do you think that makes her feel?” I spit at him. “Shut up, Alex. This all your fault anyway. If you would have listened to me and just not talked to Jalen none of this would be happening.” He said still staring at the table. “You’re really gonna blame this on me? Thanks Zack. You can’t seem to get anything right now a-days.” I grabbed my purse and slid out of the booth without a second thought. “Alex, don’t leave! Okay Okay, I hear things about Jalen, okay? Guys talk, Alex. And not about ponies and lip gloss. I have heard things about Jalen, you shouldn’t hang around him, Alex. Please.” Zack stood up and walked over to be, grabbing my arm for me to sit back down. “I understand that you’re worried, Zack. But I can take care of myself. Those are all rumors anyway. I want to get to know the real Jalen. Not the rumor. Can’t you just accept that? I promise you I will let you know if anything bad happens, okay?” I sat back down at the table, trying not to make my voice louder. “Yeah Zack, can you accept that?” Kaci had come out of the restroom and was standing by the table, waiting for an answer. “I guess I can deal with that.” He looked up at Kaci with an apology written all over his face. “You better deal with it.” she sat back down next to him and give him a tiny kiss on the lips. “Sorry, but I gotta make sure my two best girls are safe.” He brought Kaci in closer to him and held out his other hand for me to take. “The three musketeers” I whispered, trying to glance at my phone once more.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 6 comments.


on Jan. 6 2022 at 8:28 am
Writtingisamazing BRONZE, Allentown, Pennsylvania
2 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
Act as if what you do makes a difference because it does!

Omg yes write moreeeeeeeeeee! I would love if you wrote more!

Angel04 SILVER said...
on Apr. 19 2018 at 9:38 am
Angel04 SILVER, Houston, Texas
7 articles 2 photos 39 comments

Favorite Quote:
" Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear" ~ Meg Cabot
" I'd rather be pulling a Chevy, than driving a Ford" ~ Grandpa Orta

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, WRITE MORE. It could be a really AMAZING book!

Clucas314 said...
on Feb. 19 2016 at 5:07 pm
Clucas314,
0 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life is like a roller coaster. It's your choice to scream and be scared, or sit back and enjoy the ride."

I love the story! I can't wait for you to finish it!

FALLENC4456 said...
on Dec. 10 2012 at 9:12 am
WRITE MORE PLEASE!!!!!!! BOOK SOUNDS LIKE ITS GOING TO BE GREAT :D  

on Jan. 30 2012 at 4:28 pm
kelseyjean13 PLATINUM, Huntertown, Indiana
26 articles 5 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"why wait for the storm to pass when you can dance in the rain"

lol. thanks! but im having a bit of writers block at the moment. any ideas?

123Goobygirl said...
on Jan. 30 2012 at 2:14 pm
seriously...did you write this book?i loved it so much .;pwrite write! write!