Jealousy | Teen Ink

Jealousy

December 24, 2011
By maybemercedes, j, California
More by this author
maybemercedes, J, California
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment

The room is quiet. The only sound that any ear can hear is the sound of my breathing, nervous with excitement. I look to the left, and the light from the bright winter sunset shines In through the makeshift window. I sigh deeply, redirecting my attention to the smells in the room. It smells like pine, but it's a sweet wintery smell. It smells festive, which coordinates with the upcoming of Christmas.

I feel something crawling on my arm and swat it quickly. I'm not a big fan of bugs or the outdoors, but I love this tree house for all that it's worth. I've been coming here since I was six when I first discovered it. One day I was just wandering around the backwoods of my house and I just sort of stumbled upon it. Once I saw it, I knew it's magic and wonders. I carved my initials into the door of the house, because I knew i wanted it to be mine.
The tree house is pretty cool, you have to admit. I have a gigantic collage of photography hanging around the walls, I never leave anywhere without my camera. There is also a small red loveseat couch with a plaid blanket, a brown lounge chair, a full cabinet of art supplies, and a table.
I told my parents that they are never to come up here unless im missing and I never tell them I'm here. I think of this as my safe house.

As I'm Waiting and sitting impatiently, I look at my watch.
It's 6:20 and he was supposed to be here already. But, He is in fact the only person that I have ever told about the tree house, and this is his first time he's ever been here. Maybe he's lost.

In a minute, I hear the ladder rattling.
"He's here!" I say to myself with a little squeal.
I hop up and open the door for him slowly. I'm so excited, it seems like it's been forever.

As I slowly open the door a forceful hand bursts the door wide open. I gasp for air from the sudden movement. It's an unfamiliar force, because i know that Jacob isn't a forceful type person.
Before I can even think anything, the same hands that burst the door open grasp my face. He pulls my face in towards his quickly, and kisses me with force.
My eyes shut tightly while he is still kissing me onto the couch.
Oh yes, it's defiantly Jacob. I can tell from the way he smells like mint, and when I run my fingers through his big soft curly hair.

He stops for a second, and stares me right in my eyes with a smile as he has me pinned down against the couch.
"Babe..." he starts

He doesn't even have to finish his words, I already know that his feelings for me are mutual.
"Shh..." I say putting my finger ever so slightly on his lips. I love Jacob with all my heart even though were both still teenagers, I know in my heart that these feelings are genuine.

As i put my finger to his lips, he turns his head slightly and chuckles. He hesitates to look back at me, I'm not sure what he is feeling. I stroke his cheek bone with my thumb and I gently turn his head back towards me. His eyes are red and watery. He is tearing up. He is crying. For me.
"I'm sorry..." Jacob says with a slight chuckle "It's just that, I've missed you so much Christine, you don't even understand."

His voice and his words make me tear up, but they are tears of joy of course. I stroke his hair back.

His voice quivers. "You have no idea what it's like, to be miles away from you for a year. I LOVE you Christine. Nothing will ever change my feelings about you and I just.. I don't know, but all I do know is that I want you."

His tears fall on my shirt, but I really don't mind. His tears mean a lot to me. I sniffle in and smile, but I'm crying even more now.
I reach for his face and kiss his soft lips. "Jacob... You are mine. And I am yours, and I love YOU and that's all that matters. And the fact that you're here of course."

He gets off the top of me and rolls over next to me as he wipes his tears, and grabs my hand. It's silent for a second, but I speak to break the awkwardness
"So, how was it?"

Jacob looks at me and raises his eyebrows. It's a "high" type look but I think it's extremely hot.
He laughs and replies "How was what?"

"C'mon Jacob, you know what I'm talking about. How was Europe?"

His mom is a manager for some type of world wide corporate company. Last year she had to make a move to Europe, which means Jacob had to leave too. It was the beginning of our sophomore year when he left, and we were already together for almost a year.
Before Jacob left, we promised to save ourselves for each other, but we could date other people. A year is a very long time, and we both didn't want eachother to suffer lifeless and loveless. The last part of the deal was that If he ever should come back, we would just pick up where we left off. Fortunate enough for me Jacob's mom, Ms. Perez, decided to come back because she missed LA.

Jacobs eyes start darting around the room. He's hesitant about something, I can just tell.
He looks at me and takes in a long breath " I met someone, and her name is Nastazia." he says as he let's his breath out.

I can't be upset, but I want to be so badly. I know we had a deal, but I was hoping that he wouldn't have met someone so quickly. Especially since I never planned on getting over him.
"Nastazia? Classy... What's going on with that?" I say as I sit up on the couch and scoot the opposite side now.

"Oh so you're mad now? C'mon Christine, you know it was our deal." Jacob says scooting back next to me

"I'm not mad! And I know it was our deal. I just want to know if she's still... You know, 'involved'."

"No, it's just you and me now." he says putting his arm around me. "Besides, she was too clingy and obsessive. Every move that I made, she questioned and it was like she had me GPS tracked the whole time. There was no freedom or space, and she wasn't as nearly as wonderful as you."
Jacob kisses my forehead and speaks again "So what about you? Did u see someone else?"

I don't know what to say. I don't know whether to lie and make it look like I actually had a life without him, or to tell the truth and look like a loser.
"Um, well not really..." I murmur. "I mean, there were other guys who were excited that we weren't together anymore, and a couple guys asked me out but I just... Chilled."

"Well now you make me feel like a jerk." Jacob laughs as he grasps his hair back with his hands

"You're not a jerk for having a life Jacob, now freeze so I can take a picture."

I grab my camera off the desk, and snap a picture of Jacob. He's sitting straight up with his arms over the top of the couch. Wearing a plaid button down, but it's open.
I still feel like I'm crushing on him because I still get butterflies when I'm around him. His voice, his eyes, his hair, it's all beautiful.

The first day of Junior year starts today, and I am so excited because I'm determined to turn this year around completely. Last year, sophomore year, turned out to be the worst year ever. Jacob left, I stopped being happy, my grades fell, and my friends were crappy. I was just in my own little world I guess.

My appearance is big for me this year. Freshman year I was pretty popular and Jacob and I were the "it" couple. Well that is before he left. And now that he's back, I feel better than ever.
I walk over to the mirror to check myself one last time before I head out the door. I'm wearing dark skinny jeans with lace up boots that go up to my calves, a cut-off creme colored shirt, my brown leather jacket, and a my keepsake rosary that my Grandmother gave to me when I was little. My hair is long, and it's straightened but in curls also.
I put the last of my 'Cherry Pop' lip gloss on, then walk out the door and head to the bus stop. I'm texting Jacob while I'm waiting.

"Hey Babe, R u ready for school?" Jacobs text reads.

"I'm excited! I miss u already tho... I cnt wait to c u!"

" Haha me too, me too. Hey you're gunna love me, look to your left"

I'm puzzled by his last text, but I follow his directions and look left. I see Jacob in his green Camero. his car must be new, but I don't blame him because his mom does make good money.
"Jacob! No way!" I say out of all excitement. This car is the cleanest car ever. I run to the driver's seat window.

"You like it?" Jacob says smiling while he pops his gum

"Like it? Babe, this car is hella nice!" I shout while I run my fingers against the green paint.

"You know me and my lady have to roll into school in style, now get in!"

I smile and run over to the passengers side and hop in. Once I'm in the car Jacob leans over and gives me a kiss, then puts his sunglasses on.

"I see you're still living in your sunglasses" I say as I try to snatch them off his face.

He swats my hand away from his face
"Why not?" Jacob says smiling

"Why not? Because your eyes are pretty that's why."
I manage to take them off his face

Jacob smooths his perfect shapely eyebrows down after his glasses come off his face.
"Guys aren't supposed to have pretty eyes, it makes me look like a girl. And my hair isn't short so it kinda adds."

I smack my teeth and roll my eyes at his words.
"Ok whatever you say Jacob. But your hair is in an Afro so it's not girly!"

I put my hand in his hair and shake it around. It makes him squirm a little bit.
"If we crash, it's your fault Christine!" Jacob says laughing

"It doesn't even matter because we are here Jacob..."

He pulls into the student parking lot and I quickly hop out of the car and smooth down my outfit. Jacob gets out shortly after and puts his arm around me while we walk around campus. The campus is very huge, and it's an outside campus.
The weather is perfect today because it is warm with a small breeze. The perfect weather to go with a perfect day hopefully. We are actually about twenty minutes early, Jacobs transportation is much better than the bus.
Our little moment of glory is cut short when Karen Parrs cuts in between us.

"Oh My Gosh! Jacob Perez! I cannot believe you're back! We all thought u weren't coming back.!" Karen says with her annoying spunk.

She grabs him to give him a hug and links arms with him and walks.


I walk along with them. Jacob to the left, Karen in the middle, and me off the the far right. I never liked Karen, she has always been trying to date Jacob, but it's just that he's been taken for so long she never got the opportunity. She is also very fake, and too loud. Just plain annoying.

"Hey... Shar- I mean Karen" Jacob murmurs.
This is gold, I love this boy. I chuckle at his mess up

Karen shakes off his mistake and speaks again
"So Jacob, do you want to hang out before class? After class? At lunch? After school? I'm available ANY time!"

"Well, ACTUALLY Karen..." Jacob says running around so he's next to me. "I was going to spend some time with my GIRLFRIEND, Christine."

I look at Karen, smile, wave and give her the 'haha in your face' look. I know That it was kind of mean, I really don't need any enemies right now.

"Oh! So you guys are together... Again. That's umm nice. Well, whenever you are free just give me a call Jacob"

"Ohhhkay Karen!" Jacob exclaims sarcastically

Karen does a little hopskip which makes her blonde high ponytail move in a circular motion as she leaves. I don't feel the need to watch out for Karen because she is too easy to predict.

"Oooh someone LOVES you Mr.Playa man!" I joke after Karen leaves.

"Who could that be?" Jacob whispers as he leans in for a kiss with a smirk. He always raises both eyebrows in a fast motion before he kisses me. When we first started dating I thought it was weird, but it wouldn't be him without it.
Right before our lips meet, his phone goes off. I scoff at the disruption.

Jacob quickly glances at his phone and puts it back in his pocket. It seems kind of suspicious to me, he is never really good at hiding things.

He tries to kiss me again but I cut him off.
"Aren't you going to answer that?"

"It's no one important." he stutters while he quickly tries to grab my face again.

I back up and reject the kiss a second time
"I never asked you WHO it was Jacob." I fold my arms, and all of a sudden the ten minute bell rings.

"Babe, I gotta go find my class before I run out of time." Jacob says disregarding my comment. He gives me a quick kiss on the forehead. "I'll see you at lunch? Yeah ok bye."

He quickly runs off while he pulls his phone back out of his pocket. It seems very suspicious, but I guess I trust him. Jacob has a good heart and he is a good guy. Yeah, I trust him.

Today has been going alright I guess. Jacob and I don't have any classes together, but I think that could be a good thing. I don't want either of us to feel suffocated in our relationship.
Right now it is the beginning study period, and it's super boring. Mainly because it's the first day of school and there is nothing to study for. I see people that i know here, but I don't feel like talking to them. Especially since everyone is already wrapped up in talking about homecoming even though it's like a month away. I could be bitter and say that I don't give a crap about homecoming, but I do. Freshman year I didn't go because I wasnt "allowed" to date even though I already had a boyfriend. Sophomore year I didn't go because of the whole Jacob leaving situation, so this year is finally allowed to be special.

As I'm listening to other girls conversations about hair and shoes, my phone starts vibrating. It's Jacob calling me, I wonder why he is because he should be in class.
I pick up the phone and answer "Hello?"

"Hey where are you're at?" Jacob whispers from the other line

"Room 204 for study hall, wait aren't you supposed t-"

"Ok I'm on my way over there."

The phone clicks. He is so unpredictable it is ridiculous. One time during school two years ago, I was complaining about taking a test that I just needed one more day to study for, and right then and there he pulled the fire alarm. All the classes evacuated and the fire department came and everything, but there was no fire. We all had to wait outside for about the whole day until someone fessed up to the crime, but Jacob just stayed there popping his gum until the principal finally gave up and let everyone leave.

Next thing you know, Jacob pops into the room. He is actually lucky that my teacher is really young and caReless. I don't want him to be getting into any trouble already.

Jacob slides into the seat across from me.
"Dodged a bullet there wouldn't you say?" Jacob says smiling and chewing his gum like a cow.

"What are you doing here?" I say with a chuckle.

"I have study period now too. Just bailed, the teacher is like old and careless." Jacob says laughing. "So, after school how about we go t-"

Jacob's phone interrupts the conversation. It is a different ringer, one that I've never heard on his phone before. But that suspicion could just be me being paranoid.
He picks up his phone and hits the ignore button quickly. He's slick, but not that slick. The expression innocent nervousness In his expression gives him away.

The phone rings again, and again over the next few minutes. It's the same ringer and I guess it's been the same person since this morning. To me it's a little strange but I don't have enough information to make any type of accusations. But it's whatever because I TRUST him.

"Jacob, what's going on with your phone? You must be extremely popular today huh?" I say trying to hide my suspicion.

"Huh? Oh- oh yeah! Very popular. Uh-huh. Yup that's it!" Jacob stammers. "So anyways I was going to ask you if you wanted to come to my house after school, I'll drive if that's ok with you."

"Sure I'll come, and are you sure everything is ok Jacob?" I say with worried eyes.

"Oh yeah! Everything is fine! Don't worry about me." He says forcing a smile. He looks down at his G-SHOCK watch. "Geez, look at the time! I gotta go back to class befor the teacher notices I'm gone. Bye babe." He gives my a quick kiss of the forehead and runs off. Runs off a little too fast I guess because his phone falls out of his pocket into the chair.

I grab his phone out of the seat. I want to snoop, but I won't. I trust Jacob. I think. I grab a book and open it to start reading and the phone starts ringing again. I eyeball it but I contain myself from grabbing it. It rings a second time, and now a third. I just can't take it anymore I have to answer it.

"He-Hello?" I say waiting to hear the mystery person behind the phone.

"Hello, is Jacob Perez there?" The girl on the other line says with an accent. She must be one of his friends from Europe.

"He's not here right now but I can take a message for him." I say politely.

"Well can you please just tell him that his girlfriend Nastazia called, and I miss him dearly."

Girlfriend? Jacob said that he wasn't with her anymore...
"Um, no this is his girlfriend speaking. Christine." I say offensively

"Girlfriend? Listen to me Christine whoever you are. Jacob is mine, and we are together and NOTHING can change that. Now I don't want to ever hear your voice again coming from his cell phone again, or I will kill you. You just a slut stealing other girls boyfriends. Just pathetic and disrespectful if you ask me. Now stay away from my Jacob! I'm warning you." Nastazia says angerily.

The phone clicks off. She hung up. I'm not sure what to think about this situation because Jacob knows better than to cheat on me. Then again he was with her for a year. BUT then again maybe he lied to me about breaking it off. There are so many possible answers and assumptions, but I feel like maybe I need to talk to Jacob about it first.

At lunch I sit in the spot that I told Jacob I would be at. On the grass under the tree. Our special tree, where we had our first kiss ever. This is also where he asked me out 2 years ago. They wanted to cut it down, but my uncle was the head of the construction department, and I convinced him to keep it
I see Jacob running towards me looking very nervous and upset.

"Christine! Have you seen my phone I've been looking ever-" he says worriedly. I take his phone out of my pocket and set it right in front of him. I lean back and cross my arms.

"You sir have some explaining to do..." I say. Jacob sits down in front of me on the grass.

He nears me with his face and opens his eyes wide.
"Who told you to go through my phone Christine?" he says sarcastically.

I'm ticked off at his sarcasm. He is trying to blame me for this but I know it's not my fault. I mean sure, maybe it was invading his privacy by answering the phone, but he shouldn't be getting calls from Nastazia.
"Jacob! You are THE most obvious person ever, of course I would've notice there was something up with you and your stupid phone. It isn't my fault that you left your phone, it's defiantly not my fault that your stupid Non-girlfriend Nastazia is calling you, and it's not my fault that she THREATENED me over the phone! I thought that you said it was over between you guys? What is going on with you lately, you used to NEVER be like this! keeping secrets an-" I ramble on.

Surprisingly Jacob cuts me off. He looks angry, like he wants to punch someone in their face.
"Shut up Christine! Just shut up! You don't even know the whole deal and you should just trust me anyways! So quick to judge I freaking swear! Now what really happened is that-"

"NO, Jacob! I know what happened-" I say throwing my hands up clapping them to make emphasis on my words.

Jacob grabs my hands hard and slams them back down to my lap. It's that same force that he was showing when we first saw each other from when he came back. This is a different side of him, more controlling. It may sound crazy, but I kind of like it. It makes him seem more attractive
"No Christine! I'm talking! I am not about to lose you over something as stupid as Nastazia. Now, I told you that she was clingy! I made it a priority to even tell you about her in the first place, and that shows just how good of a guy I am towards you. Now YOU need to do your part in this relationship and trust me! I will NEVER cheat on you, mark my words!" Jacob says letting all his anger out.

I am dumbfounded, I don't even know how to respond to what he just said to me. I was wrong for getting mad, but I didn't want him to get this excited. If he leaves me that will be the worst thing to ever happen to me.
"I'm sorry... You're right Baby. I was just worried, and I want to make sure that you are committed to being with me. I never want to lose you, and when another girl gets involved i just get scared."I say holding his hands. I take a deep breath to contain myself from getting all emotional. "Can you please just tell me why she is calling though?"

"She took our breakup very hard." Jacob says in a calmer voice. "I guess it broke her heart when I said I was moving, and it didn't reassure her when i told her that I was going back to you. I told her the truth about everything. About how every time she kissed me, I thought of you, about how I still loved you throughout the whole relationship, and how I just never got over you. She said that she was suicidal after I broke the news to her, but obviously she didn't kill herself and I didn't want her to either. I think that she thinks deep down that we still have something, and that's why she calls all the time trying to get a hold of me." he looks away and pauses for a second. "Please Christine... Promise me that you will never speak to her again. I don't want you getting hurt."

I smile at him and give him a hug. This is our first real fight ever, under the same tree that everything else happened at. Significance.

School is finally over and I'm contemplating on whether I should go to Jacobs house, or just let him cool off. I know that he doesn't mean any harm, but his forcefulness might get the best of him one day and I don't want to get injured in any way. He has a good heart though, so I shouldn't even have to be worrying about this.
I'm standing outside the gates of school waiting for Jacob. All of a sudden I am tickled on the sides of my stomach from behind. I'm startled because I'm not used to people touching me or tickling me. I turn around and to my surprise it's not Jacob. It's this guy named Chris, a very cute guy named Chris. I wonder if me thinking Chris is overly attractive is cheating on Jacob. Of course, I would much rather be with Jacob for his personality, but Chris is a sexy all star basketball player. He's about 5'9 making him 3 inches taller than Jacob, and he is ripped. Jacob has a cute baby face and personality, but sometimes that rough edge like Chris is more attractive. Don't get me wrong, I love Jacob despite looks.

"Hey Christine! How are you? I haven't seen you since the... Um the last day of school." Chris says looking down. On the last day of school was when Chris asked me out, but it is also the day I found out that Jacob was coming back. I had to turn Chris down even if I didnt want to.

"I'm good, I'm good Chris." I say smiling looking up into Chris' eyes. "How are you? You look good!"

All of a sudden Jacob pops up.
"Yeah I know I look good! Thanks babe!" Jacob says cutting into the conversation. He reaches for the "manly" handshake from Chris.

"Wassup man?" Chris says as he shakes Jacobs hand.

"Nothing much, just about to take my lady back to my house" Jacob says smiling and giving me a hug.

"Alright then, I'll catch y'all later. Aye Christine, hit me up sometime." Chris says smiling as he walks away

"Bye Chris." I can't wipe the smile off my face as hard as I try. He's too cute, But I don't want Jacob to notice... This isn't cheating right?

When we get to Jacobs house, his mom is already at work. So it's just me and him alone in the house. We both run upstairs to his room and close the door.
Jacob isn't a normal messy guy, he is a neat freak. That is one of the things that I don't like about him because I'm one of the messiest people ever.
I sit on the bed in his room and look around. His stuff looks more expensive and foreign than before.

"Do you want something to drink?" Jacob says walking across the room towards the door. His feet make a heavy noise because of the boots that he is wearing. Such the "fashionista" I swear sometimes he takes longer getting ready than I do.

"No, I'm fine. So what did you want to do?" I say awkwardly. I haven't been over to his house in a while and it feels like I'm here for the first time because it looks so different.

"Well... Let me show you what I was thinking." Jacob says wiping the tip of his nose. He walks towards me, sits on the bed and starts kissing me. But it feels different, not as genuine. I grab his hair with my hand and he puts his arm around the side of my stomach.
About two minutes go by and we are still kissing. It's a nice feeling to be with him closely. My eyes are closed but I can feel Jacobs hand reaching up my shirt onto my bare back. I feel uncomfortable, I'm not READY for this I just know it. I want to say something, but I don't want to ruin the moment. He starts fondleing with my bra. No, he's going to far it has to stop. I finally push his arms away.

"Jacob, stop." I say as I try to push him away. He is consistent, he starts kissing my neck again and messes with my shirt. "Jacob, Jacob! Stop!" I yell as I finally get him off. He falls back against the pillows and gives me a puzzled look.

"For what? I thought that you wanted me to show I was committed?" Jacob says putting his arms up, I know he knows that this isn't what I meant. He looks angry again, like he wants to punch in the wall. His fists are clenched tightly and his eyebrows are slanted. At first I thought it was cute, but now it's starting to get a little scary. What's up with him?

"Jacob, THIS isnt the right way. And, I'm not ready. I'm sorry." I say grabbing his fists to try and calmly open them. He retreats and pulls his hands away from me quickly. I feel sad that he's angry at me, I never ever thought he would be like this but now something is definetly up.

Jacob gets up and walks to the opposite side of the room and grabs a baseball off the shelf. His back is turned to me, and he's playing with the ball.
"You're missing the point Christine!" Jacob angrily shouts as he throws the ball hard against the wall which makes a loud sound. I jump because I get startled. The wall cracks and now it's all dented. His breathing his hard but it's quivered at the same time. He starts cracking his knuckles and I start getting nervous.
"It's not about doing THIS! I don't want to force you! It's just that I want to show you that that stupid b**** is not in my life anymore! I bet you that you don't believe me do you? I bet that you still think I'm with her!" he walks back towards me with a fast pace. I can't find any words to say. My mouth is shut and my eyes are widened, I'm honestly scared of the one person I love the most. I try not to look at him, I know this isn't the real Jacob. He grabs my jaw line hard and turns my face towards his quickly. He has my face clentched in his hands so hard, it hurts really badly. "DON'T YOU CHRISTINE! HUH!? DONT YOU!" Jacob screams in my face. My eyes starts watering, maybe I'll just give him what he wants. I'd rather give it up than to get beaten. I push his hands off my face and I start kissing his. My tears are falling on his shirt, I don't want this to happen. I tackle him onto the bed and I take his shirt off. He has finally shut up, I don't want to see this side of him anymore. Still kissing, I start to unbuckle his pants. In my heart all I'm thinking is NO CHRISTINE but in my head it's telling me not to make him anymore upset then he already is. Jacob opens his eyes while I'm undoing his pants, and he looks me in my eyes. He grabs my hand, but softly this time and he sits up on the bed. "Christine... Stop." Jacob whisperes softly. He turns his head away from mine and he kisses my hand softly. When he looks back at me I see the redness in his eyes and the tears streaming down his face. I think that JACOB had come back. The REAL Jacob. I give him a big long hug, as he holds me tightly. "Christine, can you just go... I need some time to think." Jacob says with a cracked voice as he wipes his face.

"Sure, Jacob." I say in an understanding tone I kiss his cheek, and head for the door. "Call me if you need ANYTHING Jacob, anything." he forces a smile and I slowly walk out of the room.

It's cold and I'm walking home on foot. It's about 6:00 and I probably won't get home until 7:00. Ugh I can't be mad at Jacob because there is somethig wrong with him right now, but Its pretty sad that be didn't offer to drive me home.
I see a bright red car that looks so familiar, and it pulls up beside me as the window rolls down slowly.

"Hey Christine! What are you Doing out here just walking it's like 35 degrees out here!" Chris shouts from the passenger window. I look over to see who's driving and its Craig. Craig and Chris are best friends and have always been, it's like nothing could separate them. They are like brothers, two very cute brothers.

"Aye, Christine! You can catch a ride with us, we're on our way to Richards house party right now AND you're going whether you like it or not." Craig says smiling from the drivers seat. Me and Craig have been best friends ever since I could remember, I think kindergarten Is when we first became friends. I knew of Chris but we weren't as good of friends, but now I'm pretty familiar with both of them.

I mean, there's no harm in going, it's been a rough night. I deserve some fun. But I can't get the image of me and Jacobs fight out of my head. The broken look in his eyes especially, I'm a little worried about what he'll do.
"Sure, I'll go." I say as I get into the back seat. "Anything to get out of the cold."

"You say that like you had a choice!" Craig says Puckering his lips out.

He starts driving the car dry swiftly and turns up the radio loud. Chris quickly turns it down after Craig.
"So Christine, you never told us why you were walking alone. Where are you coming from?" Chris says turning around to look at me

I hesitate to answer because I know that Chris liked me and he might be trying to do damage control on Jacob
"Umm, I'm coming from Jacobs house." I stammer.

"Your boy made you walk out in the cold like this? Man! If I was your MAN then I woul-"

"SO Chris! Did you watch the game last night!" Craig shouts cutting Chris off. I know he did it because he knows how I'm feeling. I already feel bad enough that I couldn't date Chris but he doesn't need to make me feel worse about my relationship.

As the boys sit and talk about the basketball game that was on last night, I look out the window and I see this huge mansion like house we pull into. It's actually Friday, which is weird because it was the first day of school just to be back on break. The whole school system is screwed up.
Craig and Chris get out of the car and I follow after. It's a loud party with a lot of music, and right when we get to the door I'm handed a beer. I take it but I don't plan on drinking it, I don't even know how I plan on getting home. As I walk into the house I see people dancing and drinking. Kissing... I wish Jacob were here so I could have a fun time with him. I wish that he would just go back to his old self, instead of the monster he's becoming. I sit on the sofa and just look around, I don't want to party, I don't want to eat, I don't want to talk, I just want Jacob here right now.

I guess about thirty minutes go by of me watching people act a fool. I haven't taken one sip of my drink, and I haven't spoken one word. I feel like if I speak im going to cry my eyes out.
I see Craig walking towards me, as he's walking he hand shakes some of his friends. He takes what looks like a sip of his beer, but none of it went away. Wow, I never thought that Craig would be the type of guy that would try to be cool, he always just seemed so... Real.

"What's up with you?" Craig says sitting down next to me.

"Nothing, I'm just-. Nothing" I say forcing a smile.

"I know my best friend, and I know somethings up." Craig says dramatically as he raises one of his eyebrows. Reminds me of Jacob.

I know Craig is just trying to help, but I really don't feel like being emotional in front of others. I can feel my eyes get a swollen feeling, and I feel tears coming. I can't cry now at this exclusive school party, it will make me look so stupid.
Craig looks me in my eyes deeply. I feel like he's looking into me and reading all my emotions, I feel safe around him. He grabs my arm and takes me around to an empty hall where the bedrooms and bathrooms are. It's quiet and more private here.

"Christine..." Craig says with a sigh. "What happened at Jacobs house? I know he wouldn't have made you walk on purpose at night, and there shouldn't have been a reason that you are so upset right now. Talk to me..." He says it in such a soft and understanding voice, kind of like how Jacob talked to me when he first came back.

I can't hold back my tears any longer, and now that it's just me and Craig I feel so much more comfortable. My tears stream out my eyes and i just start bawling. Craig grabs me and hugs me, I cry on his shoulder.
"He was yelling and he was just so angry! I don't know what happened!" I force my words out through my short breaths and tears. My speech is muffled by Craig's shirt because I'm crying into it. I pull off him and wipe my eyes, trying to get myself together. "i don't know what to do anymore Craig, he's just changed so much and I just cant handle-"

"Shhhh..." Craig says wiping under my eyes with his thumbs. I feel like I can't hear anything but the sound of our breathing, like we are singled out from the world. Craig looks in my eyes for what seems like forever, maybe ten seconds in reality. Slowly, he starts to lean for a kiss closing his eyes. I feel so vulnerable right now, in his eyes, all i can see is Jacob. My mind is playing tricks on me! I have to stop this I can't kiss him, what if someone sees? What if it gets out to Jacob? I just can't! As Craig nears closer and closer to me, I just can't take it anymore, i put my hand on the back of his head and push his lips on to mine. Wait, No! Thats not what was supposed to happen! What am I doing? I just CHEATED on my boyfriend.
I put my hands on the sides of his face and I don't let go of the kiss, in fact we are making out. I picture him as Jacob so the reality of the situation won't be real. I can't look at his face without feeling guilt, so I just keep kissing.

All of a sudden the bathroom door opens next to us and I pull off of his lips, but it's too late the person already saw us. The person already caught me cheating on my boyfriend, The person is, Chris.

"Chris!" Craig shouts with a guilty face.

"Craig! What the HELL are you doing! You KNEW I liked her!" Chris shouts back with an astonished look on his face

"I know Chris, and I'm sorry. I was caught in the moment, I didn't mean any harm, really!" Craig stammers really fast.

"She has a BOYFRIEND Craig! How could you just stab me in the back like this! I thought we were BROTHERS!" Chris furiously shouts as he gets into Craig's face. Chris is getting very dangerous right now, and as big as he is it's kind of scary.

This is my fault, I have to try and clean it up.
"Chris please just stop!" I scream putting my arm up between them.


"Shut up you cheating B****! If Jacob were here, you would be crushed!" Chris yells as he pushes my arm away.

Right after he pushes me away, he punches Craig. He punches him square in the mouth and people start to gather around to watch the fight. Craig falls to the floor, and presses his lip, It's busted and bleeding pretty bad. I put my hood on and grab Craig's arm and run out the house with him. Everyone is yelling "FIGHT FIGHT" and making a scene. I don't THINK anyone knows that me and Craig kissed, except Chris. I pray that he won't tell anyone, or More importantly Jacob.
I drag Craig to his car and tell him to drive to my house which is around the corner.

"Craig, go to the back yard and keep walking through the trees until you find a tree house, here's the key and I'll be there in a minute." I say looking around to make sure my parents don't see me. I shove the key in his hand and run into the house before he could say anything.

I open the door and find my mom sitting on the sofa with a bottle of wine in her hand. She doesn't even have a cup, her and dad must've been arguing.
"Mom I'm going up to the tree house ok." I say taking the bottle out of her hand and putting a pillow and blanket on the couch so she can sleep. She's wasted I can just tell.

"Oh- Oh Kay Honey, be safe, and DON'T DO DRUGS. HAHHAHAH!" She shouts with a slurred voice.

I ignore her nonsense and get a bag of ice out the freezer and the first aid kit out of the bathroom. I quietly go out of the house and make sure I don't wake up my dad, he's probably drunk too.
It's so cold and dark outside, I stumble to find the tree house. Thank goodness that Craig found it and turned on the light, or else I would've had trouble. I open the door and find Craig standing in the middle of the room. I walk past him and put the ice and first aid kit on the table and pull up a chair in front of me.

"Craig come sit down..." I softly say as I pat down the chair.

He turns around and walks over and sits down in the chair.
I open the kit and sop up the blood and clean the wound. He flinches from the stinging pain, I think he feels a little uncomfortable. I put the ice in a ziplock bag, and wrap a paper towel around it then give it to him to put on his lip.

"Thanks Christine... And I am so so sorry, you don't even know." Craig says looking down. "I didn't mean to kiss you, the moment was just intense and... I'm sorry"

I give Craig a hug to reassure him that I'm not mad.
"I didn't HAVE to kiss you Craig, but I did. It's not your fault, I think that I kind of wanted to though..."

Craig sits down on the sofa.
"So what about Jacob, are you guys breaking up? I don't want him to hurt you."

"Well, no. He needs someone for him right now, and if I leave him he might go postal. I still love him Craig, I'm sorry. And I have to tell him about our kiss..."

"Why? You can't tell him if he's acting like this, He'll kill me! He won't know if you don't say anything." Craig says shooting up out of his seat.

"Ok, but if he finds out otherwise he's guaranteed to break up with me. At least if I'm honest with him I'll still have a chance. I'll tell him that I kissed you, don't worry."

Craig walks over to the table and sets down his ice pack.
"Ok, well I better get going Christine... Just let me know if you need anything" he reaches for a tight hug. Craig is definitely boyfriend material, he's such a good guy.

"Alright Craig, well please try to patch things up with Chris. I hate to see you guys split up." I say after letting out of the hug.

He smiles and walks out the door

After Craig leaves I walk back into the warmth of my house. My mom managed to make her way upstairs with my dad, and all the lights are off. My parents tend to strand me alone by myself so basically I have all freedom. they just don't care anymore, and I don't either, more freedom for me .
I run upstairs to charge my phone, and call Jacob to check on him. I hope that Chris or anyone didn't say anything to him.
I dial his number slowly, and hear the ringing tone. I swallow hard, my hand is shaking.

"Hey Babe..." Jacob says sulky like from the other line. I'm relieved that he answered, but he sounds tired.

"Hey baby, I'm so happy to hear your voice. I need to see you. I have something important to talk to you about." I say trying to cheer him up, he doesn't know what He's in for sadly.

"My mom is out with her girlfriends for the rest of the night, just come spend the night. I'll leave the door unlocked." Jacob says yawning.

"Ok, but you're not going to try anything are you?" I say suspiciously, I hope it doesn't make him angry though.

"No... Not unless you want to, now get your butt over here I want to see you." He seems like he's joking but he sounds so serious at the same time

He hangs up the phone and I go downstairs to write a note on the refrigerator. I don't want my parents to think that I'm missing. As I'm writing the note the doorbell rings. I glance at the clock, it's 9:30 pm who could it be?
I open the door and I see Chris with a bouquet of flowers.

"Look Christine, I'm sorry about the way I acted tonight... Um, these are for you." He says quickly before I can even get a chance to talk.

"Thanks Chris, and it's ok I guess. Just as long as you know that there is nothing going on between me and Craig. I'm uh... I'm not leaving Jacob so i'm sorry." I say looking down

"Hey, it's ok." Chris says putting his hand on my shoulder. "Just... If it doesn't work out, holla at your boy. And if it does... well I'm open to talk about anything." Chris says smiling.

I Smile and give him a hug.
"Thank you Chris, it means a lot. But can you please forgive Craig? You know he didn't mean any harm..."

"We'll see about that... I'm out dueces."
Chris says closing the door.

I go to the kitchen to get a vase for the flowers, and to put up the note. I put the flowers in my room on my night stand. How did he know roses were my favorite? I grab my car keys and quietly walk out the door.

When I get to Jacobs house, I'm so nervous. I don't know what he is going to do but I know that I want to tell him what happened. I hesitate to ring the doorbell but I just remembered that he unlocked the door for me. I walk into the house and it's very very warm. It's almost hot, I'm not sure why. I peer around the corner into the huge living room and I find Jacob sitting there, still shirtless wearing shorts.

"Why is it so hot in here?" I say to him

"Uhh I broke the heater earlier after you left. I can't fix it we need a new one." Jacob says still looking extremely tired.

"Can I try to fix it?" I say questioning his authority.

"You can try, but I doubt you can."

I walk around the hall and I find the heater. It's completely smashed and mangled, what the heck was he doing while I was gone? I wonder how much physical damage he's done to the house in the past couple hours.

"Did you and the heater get in a fight or something? I'm pretty sure that's not how you turn it on." I say sarcastically
He darts his tired eyes right at me, I think he's offended by my sarcasm. He sighs really loud.
I sit down next to Jacob and he puts his arm around me. He doesn't kiss me, which is weird because every time he greets me he ALWAYS kisses me.

"Umm Jacob, I have to tell you something but I'm scared of how angry you'll get." I say nervously.

"Why would you assume my anger straight off?" he says defensively as he sits up.

I put my hand on his bare chest and slowly push him back down to the position he was already at.
"Well lately you've been a little, angry and physical. And what I did was really bad and totally unexceptable."

Jacob looks over at me with a weird look.
"It depends... What did you do Christine..."

I sigh and look up. My hands are shaking so hard, I need Jacob to stay with me.
"Umm, after I left your house..." I swallow hard "When I was walking home, Craig and Chris picked me up because they didn't want me to walk home by myself."

"And?" jacob says raising up one of his eyebrows.

My stomach twists and turns into knots I feel like I'm going to throw up.
"I Uhh... We um, went to a party and I was still upset about our fight but Craig and Chris wanted me to have a good time so they took me."

"Christine! What happened. You're scaring me" Jacob says raising his voice.

My body and voice are shaking right now. I feel like I'm going to cry but my body is so numb I can't tell if I'm crying or not.
"I wasn't having a good time and I missed you! And Craig wanted to know what was going on with me so he took me to the hall to talk about it..."

"CHRISTINE!" Jacob shouts.

I know I'm crying now, he's starting to get mad again, but I can't hold off on telling him because he already suspects something.
"I KISSED CRAIG! Jacob, yes I kissed him he didn't kiss me!"

Jacob sinks in his seat, like I had ripped his heart out. I feel so much guilt right now.

"I was caught in the moment, I was upset and I was hoping it would be you, the OLD you who wasn't so dangerous. I'm so sorry Jacob! I didn't mean anything to me, I swear, if I could take it back I would but you have to forgive me." I say pleading my case.

"Why should I forgive you! YOU CHEATED on me! What happened to me and you forever! WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT CHRISTINE!" Jacob says standing up and pushing me against the wall. I pray that he doesn't hit me.

"You have to forgive me because you NEED someone in your life right now! Look at you! Your dangerous Jacob and I'm trying to help you!"

He lifts his fist up like he is going to punch me, but he hits the wall softly. I grab both of his hands and kiss him, he's calming down.

"Jacob, please tell me what's going on." I say putting my palm on his face.

He looks away then sits down. He seems hesitant.
"Ok..." he sighs "In Europe I was an outcast, everyone hated me because I was different. The only person that would talk to me was Nastazia, and apparently the guys avoided her because she was crazy, but guys wanted her because she was 'sexy'. I didn't know this, but then after we started going out she was cheating on me every night with a different guy because I wouldn't sleep with her. Everytime I tried to break up with her she threatened to kill herself, but she made me want to kill myself. I wasn't allowed to go anywhere without her following me and trying to get in my pants. Meanwhile, my mom met someone, his name was David. David had such a temper and he beat my mother... Once he held a gun to my head threatening to kill me because I was going to call the police on him. He was taking all the money that my mom was making, so I decided to jump in the streets and sell drugs. I got into the life style and I was wasted a lot. I turned violent after a while, and like you said I was turning into a monster. I was hoping that everything could just go back to the way it was, so I begged my mom to move back. She stole all of our money back and froze his account, and reported him. Then we moved back here and my past is still following me..."

I listen to him with all ears. I can't believe that he suffered through all this while he was gone, I also don't understand why he wouldn't tell me in the first place. He sits down and I cuddle next to him while giving him a hug.

"Well you're here now, and you don't have to worry about Nastazia or David. You're safe." I say.

"How did I get so lucky to have someone as great as you?" Jacob says smiling. I love his smile, I haven't seen it in a while.

"So does this mean that you forgive me?"

"Yeah, I guess... But no more kissing other boys. Clear?" Jacob says raising his eyebrows as if he wants to kiss me.

"Yes mom!" I say jokingly. He kisses me then turns off the light. We fall asleep together on the couch watching TV. Then the doorbell rings, it's 2:45 AM. Who could it be?

I shake Jacob to try and wake him up to get the door. I would answer it, but it's not my house.

"Jacob, wake up. Someones at the door." I say hitting him with the pillow.

He rubs his eyes.
"What time is it?" he says stretching and yawning.

"It's time for you to go answer the door" I say laughing.

He gets out from the couch and opens the door still half asleep. It's pouring rain outside I don't understand why anyone would be here. Maybe it's his mom who accidentally got locked out.
As he opens the door I see someone wrap his arms around him. He struggles to get that person off.

"Jacob! I knew i'd find you, I'm here! aren't you excited!" the voice yells from the door I can't see who it is, but I don't want to get into Jacobs personal business.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?" Jacob shouts. I hear a huge thud, He doesn't sound excited at all. He sounds like he is about to totally snap.

I run out to the front room and I see Jacob standing up breathing hard, and this girl wearing hooker clothes against the wall. She has a bright pink short fitted skirt and a tight half shirt that exposes her belly button ring. Her face is totally made up, and she has a clueless broken look on her face.

"Jacob! What's going on! And who is this?" I say looking at the girl up and down. She looks crazy to me.

"Christine! GET HER OUT OF HERE! GET HER!" Jacob screams jumping forward trying to grab her. I grab him and try to hold him back, his adrenaline is running and he has fire in his eyes.

"Jacob! Calm.... Down!" I shout struggling to hold him back. He's stronger than I thought he would be.

"I don't understand.... Jacob. I thought you loved me..." The girl says smacking her teeth from the corner. I know she's not sincere, she looks like she's being fake, I can tell.

"What the heck is going on here! Jacob!" I say shouting still holding on to him.

"I DON'T LOVE YOU! Everything between us is OVER! Just get out Nastazia GET OUT of my life! I dont EVER want to see you again! Jacob shouts getting stronger.

I see. So THIS is Nastazia. how did she manage to find his house and where he lives? I understand why he would be mad, but I don't want him to do something he might regret.

"Jacob calm down, I'll take care of her, just go upstairs" I say grabbing his hands. He calms down and walks upstairs giving her an evil eye.

"You need to leave..." I say calmly to Nastazia opening the front door.

She grabs a lolipop out of her pocket and throws the wrapper on the ground. I know shes ignorant, she doesn't really like him, she just wants to manipulate him. I can see it in her eyes, she's evil. Why did he even think to get caught up with her?

"Christine... That's you isn't it? Heh, you're brave. I told you to stay away from Jacob didn't I? I bet you didn't think I would ever be back didn't you?" she looks at me up and down and starts laughing. I have no idea what her problem is.
"He left ME for you?" she's cracking up now, I'm trying to hold off from punching her myself. "PATHETIC"! Her face gets serious and she throws her lolipop on the floor.
I look at her in disgust and just don't say anything. I have nothing to say to this girl, she's the pathetic one here. She grabs the doorknob and starts to walk out and close the door.

"Oh by the way Christine... This isn't over." she says slamming the door. I roll my eyes and turn around to run upstairs and check on Jacob.

I walk into the room and I see him laying down on the bed watching the tv like nothing even happened. His face is propped up in his hand, and he looks tired still. He glances up at me and he doesn't say anything, doesn't he want to know what happened?

"Well!" I say to Jacob shaking his arm.

"Well what?" he says flipping the channels

"Don't you want to know what happened!"

"Oh yeah, what happened?" he says carelessly, staring at the TV. I take the remote from him and I turn off the Tv

"JACOB!" I say yelling at him. I don't know why he's being so annoying and careless right now, it's pissing me off.

"Ok Christine, I don't care about what she has to say! I told you!"

"Can you please just stop getting mad for two seconds!" I say getting furious. How can he not care about how horribly she is treating me and how she's threatening me.

"Ok Christine, WHAT did she say?" he says laughing sarcastically.

I'm so angry right now, all his priorities aren't in check. I thought I was his number one priority? He never used to just NOT care.

"You know what? I do not need this Jacob! Obviously you don't care about her messing up your house and threatening me AGAIN. If something were to ever happen to me because of her, you wouldn't even care! And SINCE you don't care about me, I'm leaving." I say angrily. I grab my stuff and put my shoes on.

"Christine, wait! Ok I'm sorry..." he says trying to grab my arm so I won't leave.

"No! Why would I stay with someone who doesn't care about me!?" I say grabbing the door.

"Christine! please, don't leave." he runs over putting his hand on my shoulder.

I pause for a second, thinking about whether i should stay or not. I shake off his hand, No, he needs to learn a lesson. Not to take me for granted.

"Bye Jacob..." I close the door behind me leaving him in the house

I wake up the next day, its Saturday and I have absolutely nothing to do. I pick up my phone to look at the time. I have 10 text messages and 15 missed calls. Oh, I wonder who it could POSSIBLY be. He's only sorry because I yelled at him, I'll probably ignore him until I see him at school on Monday. I need to get my mind of things, I pick up my phone to call Craig.


"Hey Craig!" I playfully say turning upside down on my bed


"Hey whats up Christine? Wait a second... Is Jacob there?" he asks from the other line.


"Noo He's not here! Gosh Craig you're such a wimp, why would you be scared of him." I answer laughing at him.


"Hey, Hey HEY! The way you were describing him made me have the right to be scared!" he chuckles from the other line.


"You know how skinny Jacob is, you have way more muscle than he does... Hey so what are you doing today?" I ask


"Pshh, but I ain't got no anger issues though! Umm nothing really, why did you want to hang out?"

I laugh at what he says.

" He's not THAT bad Craig, and I was going to see if you wanted to to lunch, I'll text Angelina too." Angelina is a friend of mine and Craig's and we've all been friends for a while, but me and Craig were friends first.


"That sounds good! Ok, well I better get my butt up and get ready. THANKS Christine!" He says sarcastically.

I hang up the phone and shoot Angelina a text, as I send that text, I get another text from Jacob. It reads:


Look babe, I'm srry for the way I've been acting Lately. I promise tht I will try harder 2 fix myself and go bck 2 the way tht you want me to b. I already told you that I don't want to lose u... <3

Whatever Jacob, you never really do realize what you have until it's gone. I'm not going to text him back, that would be too easy wouldn't it? I close my phone and get up to get ready.

After I take a shower and get my things together, I hear the doorbell ring.


"Mom! I'll get it! It's Craig!" I yell to my mom running down stairs. I open the door and I see Craig with his sunglasses on as usual. What's up with guys and sunglasses nowadays? Don't they know that girls actually like to see their eyes? I guess not.


"Wha-Wha-Wha-what's up? Craig says as I open the door.


"NO sunglasses in the house!" I shout as I quickly snatch is glasses off his face. I run upstairs quickly as he follows behind me to try and catch me.


"Christine! Give me my glasses!" he shouts trying to catch me. I open the door to my room and he tackles me onto the floor. He pins me down and snatches them away from me.


"You just got lucky!" I say fixing my hair And standing up.


"Yeah, Yeah you know that I'm stronger than you.." Craig says adjusting his hat. He looks good today, he's wearing dark blue jeans with a studded belt, a fitted plain black shirt and a green cargo-like hooded jacket. He's attractive, I can't keep hanging around people that actually make me want them. Either Craig or Chris I would want them for one night, but I'd stick with Jacob for the long run.


"Did you work things out with Chris?" I ask. Maybe I shouldnt have.... Maybe he didn't want to talk about it... The last thing that I would want to do is piss him off, I don't want to lose him either. There's something about being with him, the playfulness, how he's just so laid back, and how I know he'll protect me. But then there's Jacob, the one who is the pretty boy and isnt that tough, he's in his own world... I want to stay with him! Maybe I'm just saying that because we got in a fight, but he just annoys me right now.


"Uhh I tried to talk to him, he just pretended that nothing happened. But I don't think that things will be the same as they used to be..." Craig says looking down.


"I'm so sorry I cost you your best friend Craig. This is all my fault..." I say feeling guilt. I never meant to kiss him... Well maybe I did, but I just didn't want anyone to know. Why can't I have Craig! I want Craig, yes I do admit it, but I want Jacob too! But I'm a whore if I have both right? Right... I feel like I don't want to wait anymore with Craig, but with Jacob I want to hold off forever.


"Craig, if I was single, would you ask me out?" I blurt out of nowhere. Oops... He darts his eyes right at me. I know this is going to be awkward


"Umm... Well.. Uh... Why do you ask?" Craig stammers.


"Well, I was just wondering.... Because I know I would. I think... I think that I'm starting to develop feelings for you. That's why." I say trying to hold in my embarrassment. I have no idea why I'm saying this, it's like my heart is overpowering my brain. "When we kissed, I thought It was a mistake, but I don't think it was anymore. I think if it was a mistake then I wouldn't have kissed you..."

He sighs and puts his hands over his head.

"Christine... Where is this coming from?"


"I don't know... That's just how I feel and I thought that you should know. I mean it's not going to change our friendship. Is it?" I question walking towards him.


"Well, I don't want it to change our friendship, and I do like you... A lot. I never knew you felt the same way because of Jacob and stuff. In Speaking of him, what about Jacob? Whats that deal?" Craig asks

I think about his question. I don't want to tell him that me and Jacob had a fight because he might think that I'm just using him as a rebound. I start to think of all the good times with Jacob. He is really sweet, and you can't always find people like him. But Craig has always been good to me.

Craig cuts me out of my thoughts.

"You know Christine... I've always been a little jealous of you and Jacob, he took my happy ending I was just always so scared that you didn't feel the same way about me so I never asked. And he took you. It breaks my heart when he treats you bad because I know that it's supposed to be me that's treating you right, and taking you out, and having your first kiss with and stuff. He left you, and you still went running back to him, he almost abused you, an you STILL went back to him. I just don't get it..."


"You only know what you've heard Craig... He's not all that bad. We do have good times together, and he did stay faithful the whole time." I pause and think about my words. I'm such a Hypocrite. "Craig... Is it possible that IM the bad guy in this situation?"


"What do you mean?" Craig says sitting next to me putting his arm around me.

I stand up and take his arm off of me, leaving him sitting there and staring at me.

"I mean, I cheated and he forgave me, And now I'm taking him for granted by trying to have something with you. Isnt that kind of terrible? Most people won't even stay.."


"But Christine, who said it was bad that you want to be with me?" Craig says standing up and holding my hands. "You can't take back your feelings for me, so why should you?" he pushes his body towards mine still holding my hands.


"What about Jacob?" I whisper softly.

Craig smiles and leans in towards me.

"He doesn't needs to know."He says as He kisses me. but I don't feel guilty this time. It feels right, it feels good.

I sit on top of him on the small couch in my room, and I just stare at him in his eyes.

"Please don't ever wear those glasses again." I say smiling.


"You're great, I hope you know that. And this is the right thing just to reassure you, I know you might feel a little bad."
He explains to me. He touches my face and kisses me again. "Hey, you better call Angelina and tell her we can't hang out." Craig sits up and brushes my hair from one side to the other exposing my neck. He runs his fingers around my neck and my collar bone and presses his lips against mine. He tackles me down to the other side. "Because we're going to be here for a while..."

"Alright Christine, I'm out." Craig says fastening the lace on his shoe. He closes the door softly and quietly walks out. It's Friday again and a week went by of Craig and I's down low relationship. I forgave Jacob for what happened, and there hasn't really been a sign of Nastazia lately. Maybe she just decided to leave, she's all talk and no walk that's for sure.

The schedule for splitting time with Jacob and Craig is simple. I cut study hall, and meet Craig during his lunch which is that period. We leave campus and spend ALL of our time very wisely. It's fun, we usually meet back at his house while his parents are gone, and we make it back in time for his class. Jacob changed his schedule so he has study hall at an earlier time, so he could take a poetry writing class. With that advantage I can be with Craig without Jacob finding out at all. I spend my time with Jacob on campus and evenings, and with Craig far off campus and nights. I know it's wrong, but sneaking around is kind of hot, especially with Craig. Not to mention very, very fun. Hey, I guess I'm a changed person.

I'm in bed under the covers laying down wearing just my tank top and a pair of boys boxers that I had stolen from Jacob. It hasn't been even ten minutes that Craig has been gone and I already miss him. I look over at the flowers on my nightstand that are starting to wilt. They make me think of Chris, in speaking of Chris I haven't really seen him around either. I'm kind of worried about him.

All of a sudden there's a knock on my bedroom door. I grab my shirt across from me and quickly put it on.


"It's open!" I shout across the room pulling the covers all the way over me so my body won't be exposed.


"Why didn't you just come open the door to greet your man? Huh lazy!" Jacob jokes opening the door. He walks over to me and gives me a playful kiss on the cheek. I didn't expect him to be here, and he brought flowers. I find that very sweet because he didn't even do anything bad, he just did it because he wants to. I don't deserve this though...


"Oh Jacob these are beautiful!" I say reaching for the flowers and struggling to keep my blanket situated.

Jacob glares at me and I just smile

"Yeah that's great Christine, but uh, where did these flowers come from?" Jacob says sensing suspicion, and pointing to the flowers Chris had given me. Well I don't want to bring more drama then there already is, so I don't want to particularly tell him that the flowers are from Chris.


"Oh! Those are just apology flowers from a friend." I say quickly, that's the truth... Isn't it? "That aside, just throw away those ones in that trash over there and put those new better and beautiful ones in that vase" I put the widest smile on my face possible.

Jacob smacks his teeth and starts laughing.

"Are you glued to that bed or are you just that lazy?" he jokes again as he switches out the flowers. I give him a weird look and he winks at me. I start bursting out laughing, there's something about when people wink that just makes me think it's the creepiest thing ever.


"Oh my gosh Jacob please don't ever wink at me again!" I blurt out laughing as I say it. I adjust my blankets once more.


"Keep making fun of me and see what happens!" Jacob comes back at my joke. He puts his hand on my head and messes up my hair. I dont fix it, I just keep holding on to my blanket. "What are you hiding under this blanket anyways, Let me see!" he tries to pull of my blanket and I squirm around to keep it on.


"Jacob Stooop!" I shout laughing and trying to push him off. He overpowers me and snatches off the blanket revealing the shorts.


"Wait a second... Are these mine!? You naughty girl! I didn't know I was disturbing you when I came in!" Jacob yells laughing his head off.

I stand up on the bed and hit him in the head with a pillow.

"Shut up Jacob! I wasn't doing anything, you're so nasty!"
I love the way that me and him can joke around, it's a healthy relationship, but I guess I'm secretly ruining it. I don't want to lose this.


"Ok Christine! But let me just ask you this... What will it take for me to get you out of MY underwear? Don't you think it's finally about that time?" Jacob says getting closer to me. NOW I finally feel guilty, I made Jacob wait for the longest time and the moment is already gone. It can't be special anymore because I ruined it. Craig and I ruined it.


"Um... Well Jacob, you have to prove yourself to me first." I say scooting away from him. I have to hold off again, I can't handle the guilt.


"Well, I wear a size eleven in shoes and I'm pretty confident so..." Jacob says scooting back next to me. I take my pillow and hit him in the face again.


"Youre so nasty! Be serious Mr. Hormones!" I chuckle trying not to laugh. "What I meant is, why NOW?"


"Well, I've managed my anger to start. And I think our relationship is going better than ever, I mean come on. Were the perfect example of a happy couple. We can joke, laugh and kiss without any problems.On top of that we both love eachother more than anything, and we stay committed no matter what. I just feel like nothing could ever break us apart, so why not?" Jacob pours his heart out to me. It's heartbreaking, because he feels this way. When I first got with Craig everything seemed perfect, but I realize that Craig really was actually just the rebound even if I said he wasn't. Now that everything Is going fine with me and Jacob, I feel extra guilty. Sure I like BEING with Craig physically but I like being Jacobs girlfriend better. I screwed this whole thing up didnt I?

My face is blank and I don't know what to say, I want Jacob to leave because I can't deal with the guilt but I want him to stay because I want someone to be here.

"Christine... Are you ok?" Jacob says sweeping my hair out of my face.

I swallow and get my head out of my thoughts.

"Umm yeah, I'm fine...Just... can you just stay here for the night? We can just fall asleep watching a movie. Any movie you like!" I say holding back tears and forcing a smile. I feel like I'm going to faint. I'm the monster now,
I guess Jacob and I switched spots


"So... I'm guessing that's a no... Right?" Jacob sighs.


"I'm sorry, Jacob. I'm just not... Um. Ready... Still." I murmur.


"It's ok, it's not your fault" Jacob forces a smile. "Let's just go to bed, I don't feel like watching a movie."

I turn off the lights and Jacob holds me as he slowly starts to drift off to sleep. How can I sleep like this? I need to talk to Craig ASAP.

I walk into Panera, this little soup and salad restaurant that is kind of like a lounge space. I look around everywhere until I finally see Craig. This time, I'm not too excited to see him.


"Heey Beautiful!" Craig says as I sit down. I smile back at him, and put my phone on the table.


"So Craig, I was thinking that... We need to talk" I say spinning my phone in the table.


"I was thinking the exact same thing! I'm glad were on the same page." Craig's eyes light up as he says that. He's excited and I'm nervous. If I let go of Craig, then I might not have anyone, not even Jacob. But if i let go of Jacob, then at least I get to keep Craig. I don't think I could live without Jacob, or live with the guilt of staying with Craig when I was supposed to be with Jacob. If everything goes right, and God is on my side then maybe I can keep Craig as a friend and Jacob as a boyfriend. I highly doubt it though.


"Well, let's hear it." I say looking in his eyes.


"Well I was thinking that, we should take our relationship to the next level." He says grabbing my hands across the table. "I know it's a lot to ask, and it wasn't a part of the deal, but I think that you should break up with Jacob so we can be together. As a real and exclusive couple." He has a smile on his face. We most definitely aren't on the same page, adds on to the guilt.


"Craig... Actually Jacob is what I wanted to talk to you about. I think that me and you should stop, and just change everything back to the way it used to be..." I confess sinking in my seat. At least I don't have to worry about him getting too upset.

Craig sighs and looks over to the side rolling his eyes

" I can't just forget about us Christine. We shared a lot of things, and one of them was one of the most important things that a person could have with another person. Why would you just want to forget-.... What made you make this decision?"

I bite my bottom lip and keep twirling my phone. This isn't going as well as I wanted it to, he was supposed to just agree. It's not like we were in a really serious relationship, and I never knew he was that deeply in love with me. I thought we were just kind of friends with benefits.

"Well Jacob is starting to get his life together, and he's doing better and he's treating me right. So I was just -"


"So he's doing what you want him to do, and now you don't need me. Isn't that right Christine?... So I really was just the rebound? You're just so selfish. " Craig cuts me off calmly.


"This isn't just my fault! You didn't help it either, you wanted me too!" I shout back at him.


"When I wanted you, I wanted ALL of you. Not just the part that hated Jacob. And I thought that's what I had, until now. Playing with peoples emotions, you're pathetic." Craig says standing up from the table. "I'll leave and give you what you want, but when he hurts you again DON'T come running back to me. I know you'll want to because Christine can only handle what SHE wants and her feelings have to be satisfied even if it costs the hurt of others." He throws down ten dollars to pay for the bill and walks away. Well that didn't go well at all.

I just sit at the table, and just think. I feel worse than I did before, it was supposed to help but it didn't. It actually made a lot of things worse. I still can't give Jacob what be wants, and Craig is gone. Maybe I could try and be his friend again but I doubt it. As I'm looking down into the palms of my hands, someone with a strong perfume scent sits down across from me. I look up, and it's Miss Hooker Nastazia. Oh great, it's just my day.


"What are you doing here?" I sigh rolling my eyes.


"I'm just taking care of business, you know how us ladies have to do." she giggles as she leans back in her chair.


"What do you want!" I yell slamming my hands on the table.


"Oooh feisty one!" she says pulling out a lollipop. I swear this girl probably has a billion cavities. "I just wanted to let you see all the hard work I've been doing for the past week, I bet you'd be so proud!"


"What are you talking about..." I say rubbing my temples in a circular motion. She lays out a whole bunch of pictures on the table. I open my eyes wide, they are all pictures of me and Craig kissing, hugging, or holding hands. Where in the heck did she get these! "Are you like a stalker or something!"


"Now let me tell YOU something. You step out of line with me even just ONCE, and these pictures go straight to Jacob you hear me?" She says angrily, this girl is crazy. "Oh ! I almost forgot! Here's my favorite picture!" she lays out a picture of me and Craig asleep in his bedroom on his bed. That was that one night, I remember. "I'm watching you and don't forget that miss perfect."

I don't say anything, I don't have anything to say. I don't want to seem weak, but it's kind of hard because I am weak. I'm nothing right now, I'm a person with a screwed up life. She gathers her crap and gets up to leave. I wait for her to throw her lollipop on the floor. This is the beginning of a disaster.

"What's been up with you lately Christine?" Jacob says waving his hand in front of my face.


"Huh? Oh! Nothing everything is fine, and everything is great. Why would you assume that somethings wrong?" I say snapping out of my thoughts. It's Wednesday at lunch, and I've been desperately trying to talk to Craig about what happened between us. I can't get my mind off of it, and it's taking my attention off of Jacob.


"I don't know, you've just seemed so... Distant lately. Whatever it is, we can talk about it remember that." Jacob says with understanding eyes. I'm happy that he's changed, but now I have to change.


"No I'm fine.. It's just that, Craig and I got in a fight and now I don't think our friendship will last." I say truthfully. Hey that is the truth isn't it?


"Aww I'm sorry about your friend. He's just missing out, and you've got me. You'll be fine... I promise" Jacob kisses me on my cheek.

I get a text message on my phone and I check it. It's from Craig, wow he finally decided to text me back. It reads:


"Christine, meet me now by the bathrooms in the east side wing. I have an offer for you..."

Right after I read it, the bell rings. Timing was precise, I wonder what he has to offer all of a sudden. I give Jacob a kiss goodbye and I run to the east side wing where I see Craig standing by the teachers bathroom.


"Craig!" I say out of breath from running

He looks at me and doesn't say anything just gives me a blank stare. Craig grabs a key from his pocket and unlocks the teachers bathroom door. He guides me into the dark room and he locks the door back. I turn on the lights.


"What are we doing he-" I start


"Now we could either do this the easy way or the hard way." Craig whispers cutting me off. I don't say anything and just listen. Craig sighs before he speaks again. "Be with me for one last time. Right here and Right now" he wraps his arms around my waist. I look up at him and pout with a little smile. "No strings attached, I will stop being mad at you and I won't tell Jacob about anything. Deal?" he licks his lips slowly.

I can't believe that he is trying to use me like this. Why does he want to do it anyways? It makes no sense how he is turning into a complete jerk all of a sudden JUST because I said something he didn't like. I forgive him, why can't he forgive me?

I still don't say anything, and I kiss his lips starting to unbutton his shirt. He hugs me tighter, and I take his bare skin and rub my hands on him.


"That's what I'm talking about..." Craig whispers in-between his breath.


"You like that?" I whisper messing with his belt.

"Oh yes."


"Well too bad!" I shout as I push him off of me so he hits the wall. He gives me a puzzled look, he is exactly where I want him. I give myself credit for tricking him so well.

"You are NOT going to sit up here and use my body as a threat! And you said that I was the Pathetic one..." I Yell grabbing my things and storming out of the bathroom. Back to class for me, I shouldnt even go, I'm already late.


It's finally last period and I am very late. The teacher asks me why I'm so late, but I don't even say anything. I don't feel like dealing with anyone.


"So Christine! Since you want to have an attitude, I have a job for you." The teacher yells at me. Oh goodness, can't she tell that I'm not in the mood?

"You see right here? This is our new student Jonathan. I want you to be in charge of showing him the ropes of this class, and possibly to show him around the town. Any complications then go straight to the principals office, you hear?"
I roll my eyes at her, turn around and put a smile on my face for the new student.


"Hi, I'm Christine." I say switching seats to the one next to him. He's definitely a pretty boy. he's wearing a light blue SnapBack hat, diamond earrings, cargo shorts, some of those fancy boy socks that they spend five billion dollars on, a v-neck shirt, a rosary, and some vans. I didn't think that anyone could be more of a pretty boy than Jacob, but I guess I was wrong.


"Hi, I'm Jonathan." he says with a soft voice and a smile. Jonathan... That's what I decided to name mine and Jacobs first son if we ever have one. About twenty minutes go by of the teacher giving is a lecture about English literary terms. Then she gives us the rest of the period to ourselves.


"So why are you so quiet?" I ask Jonathan popping a piece of gum in my mouth that I stole from Jacob earlier.


"I don't know..." he shrugs. He looks like he has a secret or something. He's not rude, but he isn't too bright either.


"Ohh kaay then... Well since I'm supposed to be showing you around, where would you want to go?" I ask trying to pry a conversation.

He doesn't answer me and he takes my binder and puts it in his side of the desk. He starts looking at the pictures of Me and Jacob on the cover.


"Is you're friend gay? He looks like a pretty boy!" Jonathan says laughing at Jacob exposing his sharp canine like side teeth.


"Excuse you! That's my boyfriend!" I say laughing and snatching my binder back. "And what about you!?"

Jonathan looks around and looks back at me like I'm crazy

"What ABOUT me? Don't look at me, I'm straight." Jonathan says raising his hands up. I shake my head and just laugh while I fix the pictures in my binder cover. Defensive much? Oh well, I could use a new friend even if he's as obnoxious as Jonathan.


"So you're paying right? " He says leaning back in his seat putting his thin arms over his head.


"Paying for what?" I say giving him a strange look.


"I thought you were taking me around? so I assume that you are taking me to get food because I am hungry." he says smiling and taking my gum from my pocket. He's so bold, and straightforward. You never really meet people like this, everyone is so shy nowadays.


"Yeah, but is it ok if my boyfriend tags along? I already told him we'd hang out because apparently I'm "distant"" I answer.


"Just as long as he doesn't try to make out with me, I'm good." Jonathan says jokingly.


"He's not gay!" I say just as the bell rings. I pick up my stuff and I walk Jonathan out to the front of the school where Jacob and I usually meet. It's a nice day today, the autumn leaves are just falling for the winter. The scenery looks beautiful, I pull out my camera to take a picture of the atmosphere.


"So why does he say that your distant?" Jonathan says trying to blow a bubble with his gum. He Spits a little bit, gross.


"It's a long story, really..." I say quietly.

Jonathan starts cracking up laughing.

"I bet you my whole life's saving that he doesn't have a CLUE what's going on with you. Doesn't he?"

I shake my head and Jonathan continues to laugh. How can he just sit up here and laugh at me like this? I don't even know his last name, and I bet he doesn't even remember my name!

I see Jacob walking up towards us with a big smile on his face. He has a little hop in his step, wow someone is in a good mood.


"Hey Baby!" Jacob says as he hugs me from behind and kisses my cheek. Jonathan turns around and gives Jacob a funny look. I just know he's going to say something about him...


"Woah! Dude! Did you bathe in you're cologne or what!" Jonathan says out of nowhere fanning his nose. There it is... What did I say?


"I don't know you, but YOU'RE a hater." Jacob says laughing and pointing at Jonathan. I'm glad he's in a good enough mood not to take it offensively.


"Jacob this is Jonathan and I'm just showing him around because he is new-" I start, but I pause my sentence. I hear someone calling Jacobs name. All three of us turn around to see who it is. Oh no. Oh no no no, it's Craig.

"Jacob maybe we should-" I say pulling his arm, but it's too late.


"Hey Craig, what's going on man?" Jacob says folding his arms exposing his muscles through the tank top he's wearing. My stomach is turning into knots, I want to run away but that'll just make things too obvious. Even If I try to defend myself it'll still make everything worse.

Craig starts laughing and shaking his head awkwardly. I wonder what he's up to...

"Man, you and Christine are such a cute couple!" He says to Jacob crossing his arms. Now him and Jacob are standing in an equal position.

Jacob raises one eyebrow and takes his sunglasses off of his face.


"I mean, I bet shes the best Girlfriend ever right?" Craig sarcastically tells Jacob


"Craig!" I shout trying to get him to stop talking. It doesn't work, him and Jacob are already holding a conversation. -


"Yeah, she's my baby. Why?" Jacob starts, as he gives me a side hug. Wrong move honey, wrong move.


"You know what? I shouldn't be even be asking you because I know how she is!" Craig starts chuckling


"Craig!!" I say yelling at him again, he just looks at me and gives me a fake smile. I hold on to Jacobs arm and I look over at Jonathan. He smacks his teeth continuously and shakes his head, then starts laughing. He's not helping anything, doesn't he realize that?


"I was in fact her boyfriend last week!" Craig continues "You're with a cheater Jacob man!" Craig looks me right in the eyes as his words come out giving me a wide eyed look. Game over, I probably just lost everything that I had. Lesson learned.


"Don't come up here trying to start stuff Craig!" Jacob starts. Is he actually defending me? I see Jonathan's jaw drop from the corner of my eye. See! Even Jonathan doesn't believe it, he makes Jacob look really stupid. But I'm the stupid one...

"Now I KNOW for a fact that my baby didn't do ANY of those things with your sorry butt. She told me that you two had a fight, and now you are trying to just get your revenge aren't you? Now, I'm TRYING to manage my anger but I could still give you a beat down if you ask for one. Now get out of my face!" Jacob defends me.

Wow, that took an unexpected turn. He actually trusts me now, even though he shouldn't. I want to say something about the truth but I don't want to do it while Craig is still around.


"You'll see...By the way, did you ask her where she was last Friday night? Yeah... I thought so" Craig laughs as he walks away. Jacob jumps to try and catch him, but he controls his anger and just rolls his eyes. Theres a moment of silence for a second before Jacob starts to talk again.


"Christine! Sorry I can't go with you guys wherever you're going, voy a pasar tiempo con mi familia, so THAT'S where I have to go now." Jacob says smiling at me. I like it when he speaks Spanish even though i have no idea what he's saying most of the time. On the other hand, I don't understand how he's just letting all this go! Is he crazy? If we switched spots, I wouldn't trust him...


"Ok... I'll call you later." I say with a shaky guilty like voice as he walks to his car. I don't know how I'm going to fix this and keep the peace in our relationship.

Right after Jacob leaves, Jonathan starts clapping his hands and laughing.

"I thought I was gonna need some POPCORN up in here! You're butt is gonna get WHOOPED once Jacob finds out you slept with that hard looking dude!" He says laughing very hard.


"Hey! Guess what? YOU are not going to say anything about this, or I'll tell the whole school you have some type of disease and then you won't have any friends... Clear?" I say with an attitude to Jonathan. I can't keep my seriousness, I start laughing


"Aye, don't tell me Jacob still thinks you a virgin? You better wanna get yourself checked out, that Craig dude looks like he has a disease himself!" Jonathan says laughing at his own joke even harder.

I disregard his comment

"Well since Jacob took the car, I guess were stuck just walking around then..." I say leading the way.


"So why did you do it? Jacob seems like a cool guy to be with. I mean, he looks gay but he trusts you and he's different than most guys." Jonathan asks looking away.
He's bold, very bold to just come up and ask that, I've only known this guy for like an hour and a half. He seems like he's rude but a good person at the same time.


"He had anger issues and he made me mad one night, so I wanted to be with Craig. It didn't last long, and Craig wanted us to be an everyday thing but Jacob started changing so I broke it off. So I guess Craig got mad." I explain. He just nods his head and doesn't say anything.

As we walk down the sidewalk I see my friend Angelina.


"Hey Angelina!" I say giving her a hug. She's very pretty, she has pretty light brown eyes and full lips. She always has the nicest clothes and she's Latin. All the guys are usually all over her.


"Hey Christine... Who's your friend?" she says peering at Jonathan and smiling. I know that look, everyone knows the look that your best friend has when they think someone is cute.

Jonathan turns around acting like he doesn't know what's going on

"Hi, I'm uh Jonathan." he says smiling and holding his hand out to Angelina. I think this is so cute, I remember when Jacob would approach me like this all the time just to get me to talk to him. He even tried the one where he 'Accidentally' bumps in to me making me drop all my stuff. It was raining that day, and I dropped my essay into a puddle. I got so upset with him, but he still managed to win my heart over.


"Angelina.." she says smiling. I could ruin the moment right now, I think I will.


"AWWWW HOW CUUTE!!!" I shout laughing. Angelina cuts her smile off of her face immediately and looks at me like I'm crazy. I've been getting that look a lot lately.


"Don't hate Uhh.... Christine! Yeah that's your name right?" Jonathan says. Wow he did remember my name. "You're just jealous because you have problems and I don't!"


"Problems, what Problems? Christine, I'm your best friend and you need to tell me!" Angelina says shaking my arm. So much for trusting Jonathan.


"Thanks for being so DISCRETE about it Jonathan!" I yell at him. Be jumps back playfully and crosses his left and right pointer fingers. "Ok, hopefully this is the LAST time I will ever have to explain this story, except to maybe Jacob but..."

Angelina jumps up and hits me in my arm before I could even finish my sentence

"YOU CHEATED ON JACOB!?!"


"Isn't it SO obvious though? Right?" Jonathan says to Angelina playfully hitting her shoulder and they both start laughing uncontrollably. Geez why is everything a joke to him!


"Are you guys done! It's not that funny" I shout over their laughter waving my arms.


"Christine, you don't have to worry about telling him because he probably cheatin on you with a dude!" Jonathan jokes shrugging his arms. Angelina starts cracking up again.


"Is it because... Is it because Jacob looks gay!?" she says through her laughter as she starts laughing more. Well they are sure hitting it off.

Jonathan gets serious for a second

"Didn't I- didnt I tell YOU Christine! See I'm not the only one who thought that!" I cross my arms an stare at them both with a serious look.


"Ok.. Okay! I'm sorry honey, who did u cheat with?" Angelina says wiping her eyes from laughter and calming down a little bit. Finally, maybe now she'll take me seriously.


"It was... -" I start.


"IT WAS THE HARD LOOKIN DUDE!" Jonathan yells cutting me off making Angelina start laughing again.

She shushes Jonathan pushing him over to the side.

"Ok Christine, WHO in the heck is the 'hard lookin' dude'?" Angelina says covering her mouth to hold in a laugh.


"IT WAS.... Craig" I sigh.

Angelina's eyes get really big from shock

"Craig?.... CRAIG!? Craig Crippen? Our BEST FRIEND Craig? THAT Craig? Shut up! No you didn't!"


"Yeah she did! And she. Did. It. ALL!" Jonathan buts in again grinding on the pole near us when he says that. Angelina and I start cracking up, he's so silly!

But then Angelina gets serious for a second.

"Wait... Christine! NO YOU DIDN'T!!! Is that why you guys told me I couldn't come over that one da-" I slowly nod my head before she could finish, and Jonathan starts grinding again. I push him out of the way. "Ewww! That's just- that's just nasty! You with Craig? Ew." She says shuddering.


"And so I broke it off with Craig because Jacob made me feel guilty about it, and Craig got mad and told Jacob everything but Jacob didn't believe him and now I feel bad. AND now Jonathan won't shut up about it!" I yell hitting Jonathan with my backpack. Jonathan stumbles over as I hit him and we continue walking around the neighborhood. Angelina and Jonathan seem like they would be so perfect together, now that I see them.

After Jonathan, Angelina, and I spend the day out around the neighborhood, I kind of miss Jacob. I need to tell him the truth, no matter how much it will hurt him and change things, at least I don't have to feel this guilt anymore.
I get a text message on my phone, and I look to see who it is. Speak of the devil, it's Jacob. The text says:


"Hay bby, come ova' to mah crib, I got sumthin to sho' ya!"

Thats weird... He never texts like that. Ever! We talk about how much we hate people who text like all the time, well maybe he's just kidding. I reply back with the same foolishness:


"Mkayz Bby! I luvs yah!"

No text back... Oh well, I'll just let myself in.


"Who was that?" Jonathan says scaring me. I thought he had left.


"What are you doing here? I thought you left?" I say with a smile, at least I don't have to be alone anymore. Even if it means spending my evening with Jonathan.


"Well, I realized that I left my key in the house so I have to wait until my parents get home to get in." he replies.


"You're such a loser! Come on, I was going to Jacobs house. Im pretty sure he won't mind u being there." I joke leading the way. Actually I'm not sure if Jacob wanted to talk to me about something serious of not, but I guess he's just going to hold off until Jonathan leaves.


"I thought he was going to spend time with his family? How are you just gonna go over there like that!" Jonathan says shaking his head. I'm surprised he understood what Jacob was saying in the first place.


"Oh that's what he said? He always speaks in Spanish to me and I never understand it. Makes me feel crazy." I say laughing


"Hey, at least you're not as crazy as that dude on Shoreline siting on top of that huge building... There's tons of people gathered around there but they can't get him down. I think that's the dude who's my neighbor." Jonathan explains to me.

Shoreline... I know a number of people who live on shoreline, but who would try to jump off of a building like that?


"Do you know his name? Does he go to our school?" I say worriedly.

Jonathan smacks his teeth at me.

"I've only been to that school for A DAY, I don't know anybody except for you, and that one chick!"

I roll my eyes at him.

"Well do you at least know what he looks like? And THAT ONE CHICK has a name!"

Jonathan squints his eyes and looks up like he's thinking hard.

"Uhh- he's about our age... Light skinned, Kinda buff, and he's always outside playing basketball, Pretty good looking..."

I scrunch my face at his last words.

"Good looking?...." I question

He snaps out of his thoughts. Well at least he looked like he did.

"Well umm.. You know what I mean, like he gets all the ladies and stuff." he says with a fake laugh.

I disregard what he says and think. My mind goes blank all of a sudden, I get a feeling that I NEED to be at that building now. I grab Jonathans arm and start running towards Shoreline. He stumbles behind me and starts yelling at me but I can't even tell what he is saying.

As we approach Shoreline i see this huge 22 story building and someone walking across the very edge of it on the top. There's a whole bunch of people here with cameras and binoculars. The news anchor is here giving a report too, it must be serious. I cant make out who the person is from standing here, I'm too far away. All of a sudden I get an Idea, so I pull out my professional camera and zoom as far as it will let me. The camera is focusing as the guy turns around and i can finally see his face. Oh my goodness it's Chris!!! He hasn't been at school for a while, and NOW he's trying to kill himself? I have to go talk to him!

I push my way through the huge crowd of people and go to the enterance of the building. Suddenly I'm stopped in my tracks.


"Ma'am you can't go inside here, it's restricted and off limits until we can get that man off the building." The huge security guard yells to me over the sound of all the people and helicopters here. I don't really care what the law says, I need to get Chris off of this building.


"Sir! Please, I'm his sister! I can get him off please!!" I yell back to him pushing out of his way. I know that I'm not Chris' sister, but I figure that I'm close enough to it.

After I'm In the building I run to the nearest elevator and make my way up to the 22nd floor. I run across the floor to the fire escape and dart up the stairs as fast as I can. I open the opening to the roof and I climb up, seeing Chris pacing back and forth on the very edge of the building.


"Chris!!!" I shout, he turns around quickly almost losing his balance. He scared me for a second, I don't want him to fall. He stares at me for a second and doesn't say anything. Then he sits down on the ledge. I walk over to him and sit next to him. I feel terrified because I'm extremely scared of heights. I gulp and look down. It's a long fall from here, one mistake and I could be dead.

Chris sighs and still doesn't look at me.

"What are you doing here?" he says like he's mad at me. I wonder why.


"I'm here, so I could figure out what YOU are doing here Chris! What's going on? Talk to me..." I say calmly


"That's funny because I though you didn't care about how I felt." Chris says with watery eyes and an angry look. I would never think that I would see someone as tough as him cry before.


"What do you mean Chris? I do care, if I didn't then I would be watching you on the news like everyone else." I say trying to understand where he's coming from.


"Craig told me the truth... About how you guys snuck around together, about how you cheated on Jacob with him, and about your feelings toward eachother. I feel CHEATED Christine. You just don't sneak around with your admirers best friend. You both knew how much I liked you and you both didn't seem to care about how I felt about it. You wouldn't even give my a chance, EVEN when you were single. And you gave Craig my chance while you were still with Jacob." He says angrily. I cover my mouth as he confesses everything to me. It didn't occur to me how much Craig and I hurt him, more guilt to live with.

"I don't think that you understand how much I loved you Christine. I would've been right for you, not any of those other guys! And you just treated me like trash this whole time..."

I'm flawed by his words. I do'nt know how to fix this or what to say. Does he really want to kill himself because of me? I force words out

"Chris, you dont want to be with me! I'm not perfect either. I cheated on my boyfriend twice, I confessed my love to someone else while I was in a relationship, and I slept with someone else. I'm not the best person right now and honestly I don't think that I deserve you. You are such a good guy Chris, and I love you! But it's a different type of love, I love you like a brother and that means that I need you! I need you in my life to realize the stupid things that I've done, or to protect me like you've done before. Please Chris!" I yell convincingly. "If you don't jump, i promise that I will tell Jacob everything, I will fix everything I've done wrong. I will be there for you more, just please don't ruin your life! I need you Chris..." I start crying too. I look over at him and his eyes are running more than before. I put my arm around him, and he puts his head in my shoulder.

I stand up slowly so I make sure I don't fall, and I put my hand out to help him up. He looks around and hesitantly grabs my hand and gets off the ledge. The crowd starts cheering as I walk him out of the roof. Dang, I just saved someones life. Now I have to try and save mine...

An hour passes of getting past the media and press. Chris was admitted to a hospital for some reason, even though he wasn't hurt. I'm happy that Jonathan stuck around and he didn't leave, I need to get a lot of stuff off my chest and talk to someone about what just happened.


"Man! How many friends do you have that have some emotional problems! You have a friend with a disease, a friend who's gay, and a friend that wants to kill himself! Whats wrong with him anyways?" Jonathan says to me like his regular self.


"Actually, he wanted to kill himself because of me... He had a major huge crush on me, so yeah that's why." I say leading the way towards Jacobs house. I check my phone and I have another text from Jacob :

"Yhu cummin o' wuut?"

I don't see why he's still texting like that. Well we are almost there so it would be pointless to text back.


"You must be something special for all these dudes to be fighting over you... Don't you think?" He says looking at me and fixing his backpack.

"I don't know, and I don't even know how this all happened." I say as a approach the door to Jacobs house. I knock on the door but there is no answer. I know he's here because I can see his car, maybe he's in the bathroom or something.

"Dang! This house is HUGE! Man, if I would've known that Jacob was rolling like THIS I would've been nicer to him!" Jonathan says with his mouth wide open.


"Can you wait out here until I ask him if you can come in? He's not answering the door obviously." I say knocking on the door once more.


"Yeah, but don't take too long..." he says sitting on the porch. I nod my head, and open the door slowly. The house is completely turned over, the pillows are everywhere and the lounge chair is flipped over. I thought he said that his family was here? Why would he invite his family over in this environment?


"Jacob!" I call as a walk through the trashy house. The picture frames are messed up and crooked on the walls too. I run upstairs and I see beer bottles and a broken wine bottle out side of Jacobs room. But he doesn't drink... I hear noises coming from his room, I know what it sounds like but I don't want to believe it. He better be watching a movie in there, anything but that.

I open the door slowly without knocking, and peer in. As I look in my heart breaks into a million pieces, more than a million, in fact my heart is gone.
You can see Jacobs upper body but his lower body is covered with a blanket. He's on top of girl who is also shirtless, she see's me, looks me in my eye and winks. It's Nastazia, and he has completely betrayed me . Nastazia keeps staring at me and she starts screaming as Jacob pushes down on her. This is disgusting, I need to leave. That was supposed to be me, and now I feel like I never want to touch him ever again. I close the door and I start crying, That was the worse thing that my eyes have ever seen in my entire life, and I'll probably never be able to get the stupid image out of my head! I hate him, and I hate her! I NEVER want to see any of them ever again!

I kick over the beer bottles on the floor and storm back downstairs. I see Jonathan in the house looking around, why doesn't this boy listen!


"I thought I told you to stay outside!" I yell past my tears.


"Dang, this place is messed up! I wonder what was-" he turns around and looks at me

"Christine? Why are you crying? What did he do!" Jonathan yells looking up the stairs to try and see what's going on.


"Please Jonathan, please can we just go!" I shout back at him, I'm really not in the mood to talk about this.

We both walk outside, and Jonathan stops in front of the house. He turns around and gives me a tight, well needed hug. As I hug him I let my emotions out and start crying more.


"I never knew how much It could hurt! I never knew how much it would kill me to see him with someone else! He told me to come over here, and to what!? Just to see him cheat on me?" I express my feelings to Jonathan. I guess he's a good person to cry on.

He let's up from the hug, I know it's probably hard for him to help me or express his feelings because he is such a jokester. I'm just glad I have someone to talk to right now.


"Look, imma just tell it to you straight. I know you're upset right now, and I'm here for you. But you can't just forget that you cheated on him too. He would've been feeling the same way, so you can't be too mad at him ok?" he says looking at me with a stern face. He's right, I don't want to hear this right now, but I think that I needed someone like him to clear up the truth.

"Maybe he didn't really think that Craig was lying, and he just wanted to get you back!" Jonathan shouts his idea out to me as we throw darts at the wall. Jonathan's parents came home and I decided just to chill at his house for a while. I don't feel like being alone.


"Well I mean it's a possibility, but I don't think that Jacob is cunning enough to think of something like that" I say as I throw my last dart at the board. I throw it with precision and it hits the middle of the board.

"Bullseye!! Give me my money!" I say jumping up from my seat. I bet Jonathan that I can throw a bullseye before he can, now he owes me twenty dollars.


"Forget that! I'm not giving you any money! I need to save money to take the ladies on a nice date if you know what I mean." Jonathan says scoffing and popping his collar. He gets up from his seat and moves to the laptop. I left my Facebook logged in and now he's looking through it without my permission. Oh well, I have no secrets I don't really care.


"In speaking if ladies... What do you think of Angelina!" I say grabbing the laptop and clicking to Angelina's profile. He clicks through all of her pictures and stops at the picture of her and her brother.


"Who is this guy?" he says squinting his eyes and focusing on the picture.


"Oh, that's her brother Anthony. He's cute isn't he?" I say laughing and joking.

Jonathan doesn't laugh at my joke or react in any way, he just keeps staring.

"Yeah... He is..." he says in a very slow hypnotized voice. What? I don't think he knows what he just said.

I clap my hands in his face which makes him jump out of his trance.

"Jonathan! What are you talking about?"

He looks at me with really wide eyes. Suspicious much?

"Oh... OH no I was talking about Angelina! Isn't that what you were talking about? Yeah um... Look! Who is this?" he says quickly changing the subject.

I look over at the laptop and see that I'm getting a new friend request from Nastazia. Does she seriously think that I will accept her friend request after what she's been doing?


"Just decline it, I hate her!" I say trying to grab the laptop from Jonathan.

He slaps my hand and clicks on her profile page not even paying attention to what I was saying.

"Yeah but this girl is.... Sexy..." he says slowly making a disgusting face.

I start laughing at him, despite how angry I am.

"Why is your face like that if you think she's so 'sexy'?"

He looks at me and just shurgs

"Why do you hate her anyways?" he says making more faces at her pictures as he scrolls through.

I yawn and stretch my arms.

"She's the slut who was sleeping with my boyfriend." I say calmly as I pick at my nails. I may seem calm but I'm really still upset about what happened. I honestly don't believe that he did It on purpose, but I don't know WHY he would cheat. Jonathan says that Jacob probably already knew that i really was cheating, and he just played it off calmly then went to go cheat to stab me in the back.

I get a text from Jacob, Wow I guess he's finally done. Took him at least 2 hours, not bad It says:


"Hi my love! I'm done talking to my family, and I want to see you. If you're still with your Jonathan friend tell him that he could come too."

His texting is normal again, and he just lied to me. He thinks he's slick, at least I was going to tell the truth. I bet he doesn't even know where she's been, if he's caught something I don't want to come within 2 feet of him.


"Dang! He was cheating on you with her? Whoo! No wonder why the house was all messed up, they must've been getting fre-" Jonathan says laughing and dancing. I give him a serious look and he stops. "Too soon?"
I nod at him and throw my phone at him so he could read the text message Jacob sent me.

He skims through the message and gets up to put his shoes on. I look at him like he's crazy

"Where are you going?" I say grabbing my phone off the bed.


"C'mon put your shoes on! We are going back over there to set him straight.... Well, you can set him straight. Imma watch and bring the popcorn this time." he says with a straight face.


"Are you serious?"

He opens the door and signals me to lead the way.
"C'mon let's go!"

I grab my bag and walk out of the door with a big sigh. I can't believe he is making me go back there to see that disgusting jerk. I didn't really want to talk to him about this until at least tomorrow. Jonathan is so ignorant sometimes.

We walk out of the front door and Jonathan yells something up to his parents to let him know that he's leaving.

I look at him as he locks the door.
"Your parents don't care if you just leave?"

He looks down as if he's ashamed of something
"No, they kind of hate me... But I don't want to talk about it so let's just go." I let the subject go and just keep walking.

When we finally get to Jacobs house for the second time, I don't even want to go in. I start to walk away from the door and Jonathan grabs me and tries to pull me in.


"I don't want to go! Don't make me!" I say struggling to get away.


"Come on!" he shouts pulling me and ringing the doorbell.

Jacob comes up to the door and opens it with a big smile on his face. He reaches for a handshake from Jonathan.

"Hey Jonathan!" He says all innocent like. I glare at him and don't even smile back. Jonathan shakes his hand and hits me. He gives me the "be nice" look, but I just roll my eyes.


"Heey My beautiful baby!" Jacob says leaning in to give me a kiss. I give him a rude look and back away from his kiss. He looks upset that I rejected his kiss.

"Ok then... What did I do?" he says looking at Jonathan as I walk into the house. Jonathan just shrugs at him.

I sit on the couch inside of the house and cross my arms. Jacob fixed up the house and got rid of all the alcohol. It looks like nothing even happened. I wish that nothing even happened in the first place. I wish that I hadn't met Craig despite all of the good times we've had, I wish that Jacob never left to Europe and I definitely wish Nastazia wasn't even alive.

Jacob runs over and sits next to me, putting his arm around me.

"What's wrong Christine?" he says whispering playfully into my ear. His breath smells straight up disgusting. Like a mixture of Alcohol and a nasty person.


"Get away from me, and don't EVER touch me!" I shout pushing him off of me and scooting over to the opposite side of the couch. "The only reason why I'm here is because, Jonathan made me come! If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here!" I say pointing at Jonathan.

He looks at me with a partially terrified face.

"Soo Jacob... Do y'all got any popcorn?" Jonathan says like he is serious. Well since I'm here, I better just get to the point of why I'm here. If I hesitate, I'll never be able to say anything.


"Baby? What did I do? How are you just not going to tell me?" Jacob says standing up. Him acting defensive just makes me even more angry because he knows what he did.


"What did you do? Why don't you tell me what you did Jacob? I know you know!" I say chuckling a little bit. I'm totally serious though. I stand up right in front of Jacob

Jonathan comes up to me and tries to hold me back a little bit.

"Christine, calm down..." he says with a little stress in his voice. He's the one that brought me here! He shouldn't try to stop me now.


"Shut up Jonathan!!!" I say brushing him off of me too. Now I'm angry, I'm real mad right now. I was fearing this moment but I finally get to let all of my rage out.


"Christine what is your problem!" Jacob shouts to me acting like he doesn't know.


"Jacob, YOU are my problem!! You and your slutty little toy!" I say pushing him against the wall. Now I'm the one in control.


"Christine... Please st-" Jacob starts.


"YOU texted me to come over here, and then I find you in BED with HER?! What did I do to deserve this Jacob! Tell me, What did I do to you!" i say smacking his face. Getting my point across.


"You didn't Christine! Please! She forced me to do it!" He says trying to hold my hands from hitting him anymore. I see he has controlled his anger. If this was a couple weeks ago, he probably would've killed me.

I struggle to get out of his hands but he is too strong for me.

"She forced you? You are such a freaking liar Jacob! I saw you on top of her! You were working her!"


"She told me that if I didn't do it she was going to kill you!" he shouts finally letting go of me. I look at him and just listen. "She showed me the gun and everything Christine. Please! Just trust me like how I trusted you with Craig!" he pleads looking me right in my eyes. I want to believe him, but I don't. I couldn't see Jacob, but Nastazia sure seemed to be having a fun time with him. And why was he drinking? His story doesn't even add up to me...


"You know what's the funny thing about that Jacob?" I whisper angrily. "The funny thing is that you shouldn't have even trusted me Jacob." I say with a devilish laugh. He knows what he had coming, it's revenge time. I don't even feel nervous about telling him at all, he deserves it this time.


"Christine!" Jonathan yells. I look at him fast and roll my eyes.


"What are you talking about?" Jacob whispers with a puzzled look on his face.


"Craig! I'm talking about Craig! Everything he said to you was true you stupid moron! I slept with him, and it was GREAT. Probably better than you could ever be Jacob! He's more of a man than YOU!" I shout letting out all of my anger. I look over at Jonathan, and he is covering his mouth, I bet he doesn't want that popcorn anymore.

Jacobs breathing gets really hard as he stares at me right in my eyes. I could tell that I hurt him, and that was the plan. Now he finally feels the way that I felt when I saw him with Nastazia.

He keeps breathing harder and harder and his muscles start to tense up. His eyes start to get red and he clenches his fists really hard. He still doesn't say anything to me, just staring. He looks kind of dangerous right now, but I'm not showing any fear.

I dont care about how he feels right now, I'm going to keep making him feel bad about what he did. He deserves it right?

"Now you see how it fe-" I start. Jacob lifts up his hand and smacks me hard across my face. I fall to the floor and scream a little bit. I must've brought his anger back, now he is finally getting abusive. I guess I pushed him over the edge. I feel my face to make sure I'm not bleeding and look over at Jonathan. He gets up to pull Jacob away from me.


"Aye dude! Watch out!" Jonathan yells at Jacob. Jacob backs away from me slowly and just walks outside of his own house. The room gets quiet, and I have no idea where Jacob is going. He needed to leave anyways... Him and his ugly girlfriend.

Lately I've been spending a lot of time with Angelina, Jonathan, and Chris. By lately, I mean for the past week. I haven't seen Jacob around for at least four days, but I'm starting to wonder where he went. Angelina and Jonathan sure seemed to be hitting it off too, I think that they are a project in the making. Anyone could agree that they are the cutest couple ever.

Right now I'm at my house and Angelina and Chris just left. Of course Jonathan would still be here because he is the biggest freeloader ever, I still wonder why his parents hate him.


"Why is your fridge always so empty?" he asks sifting through the stuff in my fridge. Freeloader and a moocher.


"The same reason why your stomach is always so empty!" i yell rubbing his stomach. I don't understand how he is so skinny, but he eats the whole world. I guess he finally finds some type of lunch meat and starts snaking from the fridge.

I turn around to get something to drink, and all of a sudden there's a huge thump on my back.


"Ouch!" I yell turning around looking at Jonathan. I look down to see what he threw at me and it was my phone. It better not be broken or he's paying for it.


"You got a text message" he mumbles with some type of food hanging out of his mouth. He didn't have to throw my phone!

I check the message and this time it's from Angelina:


"Can u pls talk about me 2 Jonathan? I really wnt him to like me..."

Aww, I could really tell she likes him a lot. And usually she doesn't crush on guys hard, but this time you can tell she really has it bad. It makes me think of my relationships. I now have a bad track record, who would want to be with me? I know who I want to be with... I want to be with Jacob even though I hate him. I hate him but I still love him somewhere deep down.

I look at Jonathan being disgusting after I read my text. I don't see how a girl would want to date an obnoxious guy like him, but I still think him and Angelina would be a cute couple image wise. Well I better just cut to the chase.


"Hey, you never told me what you thought about Angelina?"

He looks at me stuffing some dorritos in his mouth.

"Umm she's alright, I wouldn't date her though." He says nonchalantly.

I look at him with a broken look. There's something not right about this.

"You flirt with her ALL the time! Why wouldn't you like her?" I say sternly staring at him.

He shrugs like there's nothing wrong with playing with a girls feelings. He's making me very angry, he can't just run game on her like that. I hate players.

"She's just not my type i guess..." he says walking away into the living room.

I follow him to investigate more.

"Then what is your type huh? Please don't be a player." I say sincerely

He looks at me like he's irritated and rolls his eyes at me.

"I don't want to talk about this Christine! So just shut up..." he says as he turns on the TV and puts his feet up on the table. I quickly push them off.


"What is your problem? Whatever it is we can talk about it." i say muting the TV.

"Why are you forcing me? Nobody cares about my issues so I don't think that it should concern you." he says giving me a dirty look.


"Whatever it is, it won't change our friendship. Just tell me, what's so bad about Angelina?"


"It's not about Angelina! She's just not my typ-"


"But it's just wrong how you flirt with her all the time and-" I say cutting him off


"Christine! I don't like girls! Ok!?" He says standing out of his seat and yelling over me. I just stare at him, I wasn't expecting him to say that. "Everyone at my old school teased me when I came out! I used to get beat up everyday, so I figured if I move somewhere else and try to be straight everything will get better. Some days, I would want to die. I had NO friends! Go ahead and judge me Christine..."

I stand up and give him a hug.

"I'm not going to judge you, and I won't tell anyone if you don't want me to." I say smiling at him. He looks kind of relieved, now that he's come out things make more sense.


"Now get off of me, you're being too mushy." he says pushing me off.

"Well, you know that you have to tell Angelina right?" I say walking away from him.

He stares at me like I'm crazy again.
"I thought u just said that you weren't going to tell anyone!"


"Well you know that she likes you!" I yell as I turn around back towards him.

"Well can you please tell her? Sometime when I'm not around...." he says looking down.

Eventually I told Angelina, and Chris found out too. Everyone is actually cool with with Jonathan being gay, it doesn't change anything about... Well anything.

Today It's Friday and all of us are out to Chipotle for lunch.


"Aye Jonathan! Did you watch that game last night?" Chris asks to Jonathan

Angelina rolls her eyes at the both of them.

"Can't you two talk about anything but sports! You guys sure know how to bore the ladies."


"And that is the reason why more ladies need to be into sports, so they could have a good conversation with their boyfriends." Jonathan says tapping Chris on his shoulder.

Chris nods his head as he stuffs a huge bite of his burrito into his mouth. I look down at my drink and take a sip but it's empty. Wow, I drank that a little too fast. Actually i've been feeling really nauseous and sick lately. I'm always hungry but I never want to eat.


"Guys, I have to go to the bathroom." I say getting up from my seat.

Chris smacks his teeth

"Again? Man you are like a human fountain just spraying everything out everywhere!" he says laughing. I don't find it very funny.

I ignore what he says and make my way to the alley way that leads to the bathroom. I hear a couple arguing from around the corner, but I turn the corner acting like I don't even notice them. Once I turn the corner, I step back very quickly. I see Jacob and Nastazia arguing about something here. It's been at least two months since I've seen Jacob. No calls, no texts, he's just been missing around school and I never see him around his house when I pass by. It's funny that i see him now out of all places. I listen around the corner to their conversation.


"I want my old life back! You ruined everything for me! I lost my girlfriend because if you and she is my everything." Jacob yells at Nastazia.


"C'mon Jacob... You know that our time together is fun. Aren't you glad that I got rid of her?" she replies calmly touching his chest. "Now come on, I have ten minutes to spare and you should take me into this bathroom and show me what you can do for me before Christine gets hurt."

Jacob looks away and pushes her hand off of him.

"I don't want her to die, I love her please Nastazia just leave us alone!"

I put my hand over my mouth, he wasn't lying! I'm such a fool! Words can't even explain how terrible and wrong I feel right now.


"Why do you still want her Jacob? She cheated on you!" Nastazia says yelling at him.


"I don't care! I just want everything to be normal. It HAS to be normal!" he shouts stepping away from Nastazia.

I can't hold in my feelings anymore, I love Jacob from the bottom of my heart and I hope he will still forgive me.

I run around the corner and I see Jacob with Nastazia.


"Jacob!! I am so sorry! I believe you, I should have in the first place please forgive me! Please!" I shout running to give him a hug. He grabs me around my waist and gives me a long kiss. I haven't felt his lips in a while, it feels good to be in his arms again. I feel like I can finally be happy again.


"Christine! I'm so happy to see you again you have no idea... I thought you hated me." he says between kisses. I can't wipe the smile off of my face, I'm just so happy that everything just fell into place.

All of a sudden I hear a huge noise and feel a sharp pain going through my body. I fall to the floor, the pain is just so unbearable. My vision goes dizzy and everything starts to blur. I can see Jacob screaming and crying, then I slowly black out.

The author's comments:
End of jealousy! im writing a sequel to this story from Jacobs POV moving forward on. hope you liked it :)

I wake up in an unfamiliar room in a huge amount of pain. I look over and I see Jacob sitting in a chair next to me holding his forehead.


"Jacob..." I whisper struggling. It hurts to talk, and I don't recall what happened.

Jacob runs over to me and wipes his tears.

"Christine! You are finally awake! I was so scared that you were gone, they were going to take you off of life support today!" He says excitedly.

Everything is such a blur, I think that Im lucky that I even remember who Jacob was.
"Life support? How long was I sleeping Jacob? And where am I?"

Jacob grabs my hand and kisses it softly.

"You were asleep for 28 days Christine. And for all 28 days I've been sitting here with you praying that you will wake up. They said today was your last day, but I had faith, and now you're awake." He says with a huge smile.


"But what happened Jacob?" I say trying to sit up, but it's too hard.

His smile slowly turns smaller.

"Umm, you were shot 3 times by Nastazia... She's in jail right now, but you lost a lot of blood. And they said the baby might not survive either..."

I give him a puzzled look.

"Baby? What baby?" I say finally managing to sit up.

He looks down and wipes his eyes.

"Christine, you're pregnant. And I know the baby isn't mine for a fact..."

Oh my goodness, how could I be Pregnant? How could I get shot? No, no this isn't right. It's way wrong. I hear someone knock on the door, and walk in. I look up and I see Craig walk in, followed by Angelina, Jonathan, and Chris. They all have balloons flowers, and what not. It's all so sweet, but I'm still in shock.


"Hey Christine!" They all say in sync. Except for Craig, he doesn't say anything.


"Hi guys!" I say with a weak voice trying to sound as happy as I could possibly be. They all gather around me and give me soft hugs to make sure that they don't hurt me. "I'm really not trying to be rude guys, but can I please have a minute alone with Craig?" I say in the nicest way I possibly could.

They all happily leave the room, and Craig stays sitting in the chair he's in.

"Why are you here?" I say looking at Craig. He looks unhappy.


"Do you know?" he says raising his eyebrows at me.


"Yeah... Jacob just told me. Craig, I don't know what to do. I'm so scared, you don't even understand! We were protected weren't we? Everything was right wasn't it?" I say starting to cry my eyes out.

Craig gets up from his seat, and walks over to hug me. He starts to cry too.

"The past aside Christine, I will be here for you the whole way. Even If we aren't together, I will still love you... And our child."



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 4 comments.


on Feb. 12 2012 at 11:19 am
maybemercedes, J, California
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment
ohh im so sorry i totally forgot i had this on here! i will post the next part very very soon its already written :)

Nessa13 GOLD said...
on Feb. 3 2012 at 12:45 pm
Nessa13 GOLD, Charlestown, Indiana
18 articles 0 photos 109 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Love, but never fall in love, because things that fall get broken"
-Taylor Swift

wait...thats it?? What the heck! It is really good, but what happens! I was totally into this story! Write the ending please!!!

on Jan. 30 2012 at 3:26 pm
i-love-cupcakes, New York, New York
0 articles 0 photos 27 comments
are you goning to write another book because i want to know what happends

on Jan. 30 2012 at 2:17 pm
i-love-cupcakes, New York, New York
0 articles 0 photos 27 comments
wow great story