Home > Novel (Fiction) > Romance > Althea > Chapter 18

Althea

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18

Revealing

Inside the castle, Prince Messene sat at the table with his siblings as Prince Danarius waited for a reply along with Prince Elius. Danarius had just asked Messene about the accusation he had received from Demonice that stated that Althea was planning to leave him. Messene looked up from his book and to Demonice who sat at Prince Danarius’s side, “When one hears someone’s private conversation, they should not speak of what they have heard,” Messene hissed, “Referring to your accusation,
This is not a completed chapter.
Demonice, Althea is not planning to leave your prince. She told me so herself later on.”
Prince Minos looked out the window behind his brother, “Althea is fighting a soldier again,” He stated and then smiled, “He will be lucky to get out of the fight with his limbs.”
When Prince Messene suddenly lurched forward in his chair his sister Myrrah flew out of her chair and to her brother’s side, “Messene! What is it?”
He grabbed his head, “Althea!” He whispered but looked up as Prince Elius flew out of the room without a second to think as Demonice and Danarius followed quickly behind.
Elius ran outside as fast as he possibly could with all the worry of the world on his shoulder. When he saw a soldier fighting Althea, she suddenly coughed and blood covered the ground in front of her. Elius was quick on his feet and unsheathed his sword to stop the soldier from striking the sick woman. Everyone watched in shock as time seemed to slow and showed Althea kneeing on the ground as Elius stood in front of her and fended off from the soldier trying to attack her, “Stop fighting!” Elius hissed towards the soldier before shoving him away from Althea, “You nearly killed a defenseless woman!”
The soldier frowned, “She is not defenseless.”
Epirus swung at the soldier but luckily the soldier got out of the way in time, “You should be beheaded for such fowl words!”
“Althea!” Demonice called as he quickly reached his old friend, “Someone, get the doctor!”
Messene sprinted to his cousin’s side and shoved Demonice out of the way so that he fell backwards while everyone watched. Messene grabbed either side of his cousin’s face, “Althea, calm down!” He begged while everyone else stared as Althea started to cry, “You are making yourself sick with worry!”
She grabbed onto her cousin’s arms as she cried harder, “That soldier dares to talk like that even though Arles taught him better! How dare he! He should die for such rudeness!”
Messene grabbed her hands, “Think of the baby, Althea! You might harm it if you destroy your body with worry!”
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

Mermaidmissy said...
Jan. 18, 2012 at 9:40 am
Ok, your story was really good and very powerful. I hope you keep on writing more because I sooo want to find out what happen next. Can you take a look at some of my peoms and book please. Thank You! :)

talliecaity said...
Jan. 6, 2012 at 10:42 am
OMG! THIs is truly amazing. Who's baby is it? I want more!!!