Love is Crack..Or Was It Meth? | Teen Ink

Love is Crack..Or Was It Meth?

By MusicBabyDoll13 BRONZE, Loveland, Colorado
MusicBabyDoll13 BRONZE, Loveland, Colorado

--Judge me & I'll prove you wrong. Tell me what to do & I'll tell you off. Say I'm not worth it & watch where I end up.

Author's note: The book "Crank" by Ellen Hopkins inspired me to write this book. I loved that book and decided to write one similar but with twists and definite differences.

It’s Friday night. What do 17 year olds do on Friday nights? Yeah, you know. Because you have been there at some point in your teenage life. We party. We party from the time we get out of school until 5 in the morning. Sometimes even longer. What do we do when we party? That’s easy. We drink, smoke, and laugh. It’s so simple. It makes everything feel lighter and easier.
This week the party I’m headed to is at my ex’s house. So this should be interesting. Hopefully he’ll have gotten over it though and let me have some good weed. Everyone says weed is a gateway drug but that is bullshit. I’ve been at parties and been offered everything but I still have only done weed. Well, and some pretty hard alcohol but that doesn’t count.
After I get out of the shower and look through my closet 3 times trying to find something to wear I remember I just got a new shirt. I pull on my tightest ass-hugging skinny jeans and then go grab the shirt from the bag on my dresser. Black. Sleeveless. Silver snake skin print. It’s defiantly hot. Next is makeup. A lot of black eyeliner, lots of mascara and a little bit of purple eye shadow. Then to my hair. Straightened and put in a side pony-tail. Hell yeah.
When I get there the house is already packed. As I walk in the smell hits me right away and I already have a huge smile on my face. I see my best friend Auburn and walk over to her. As soon as I get there she says, “Let’s get drinks! I’m thirsty...” with a huge grin. We walk to the kitchen. We get beers and walk back out to the huge house I used to have access to whenever I wanted.
I need to find weed though. Drinks aren’t gunna be able to keep me sane forever. I’m looking for someone with a bong, pipe, joint…anything really and then I run into Aydenn. My ex. I knew I had to see him at some point tonight considering it’s his house but I was hoping we would both be high first. Oh well. Gotta do something, so I say, “Hey Aydenn! Do you have anything?” He knew what I meant right away.
“When don’t I Tay? Come with me.” I follow him up the familiar stairs, to his familiar room. I sit on his bed and wait for him to get it. Instead he sits next to me.
“What are you doing? Are you going to get it?”
“I miss you Taylor. I know I messed up but I love you and I miss you so much.”
“Ohmygod Aydenn don’t even start with this. You cheated on me. It’s not like you just kissed another girl. You had sex with her. We hadn’t even had sex. So don’t do this because we are not getting back together,” I snapped, but the truth was I still loved him. And I’m pretty sure it wasn’t a secret.
“Fine. It was worth a try.” He said with a slightly disappointed tone.
“Can you get the weed now please?” He stood up.
“Yeah. Sure.” He handed me his pipe and a small container of heaven. I took 5 or 6 hits. “Thanks Aydenn. I’ll be back for more later.” And smiled. As I went downstairs I could feel it kicking in. I was suddenly happy. I didn’t need to think. I was on top of the world. Floating. Smiling. Dancing like there was no tomorrow. And loving every single minute of it.
I drank more. Smoked more. The roof was spinning. The floor was spinning. I was spinning. Everyone and everything was spinning. Soon I realized the house was emptying slowly. What time was it? I checked my phone. Five-thirty. Wow. I should probably get home. I went upstairs to Aydenn’s room to get my purse. I always left it there when there was a party. I knew exactly where it was. As I stumbled out of his room he was walking up the stairs. I just barely heard his, “Where are you going? You’re too trashed to go anywhere Tay.” So I kept walking. Then he stepped in front of me. I tripped down a stair and he caught me. I looked him in the eyes and saw the true worry. “Taylor you’re staying here tonight. I’m not risking you getting hurt driving home.”
All the sudden I was furious. “Don’t tell me what to do you prick! I will drive home if I want to drive home and you’re not going to stop me! I don’t want to stay in this hell hole of memories that I don’t want to remember!” I sank to the ground. I was sobbing. I’ve only cried in front of Aydenn once and it was because my dad died. A good reason to cry. Crying because of something that happened over a month ago is not.
“Tay. I love you. I’m so sorry about what happened. I wasn’t thinking and it was stupid. So stupid. I love you so much.”
“I love you too Aydenn. I don’t forgive you though…” I was still crying but softly now. Not uncontrollably where I can’t even breathe.
“Please stay here tonight. I don’t want you getting hurt. I would never forgive myself if something happened to you baby. I wouldn’t want to live anymore,” He said with tears in his eyes.
“Okay.” I said, now just sitting there breathing. Being lifted into Aydenn’s arms, being carried back up the stairs, being put into his bed. Feeling his arms around me, being kissed softly by perfect lips on the forehead, hearing “I love you” whispered right up against my ear. Then black. I didn’t dream when I slept tonight. Just blackness and silence. I must have been exhausted.

As I opened my eyes I first saw some Tylonol and a glass of water on Aydenn’s dresser. I opened the bottle took three of the small pills and drank all of what was in the glass. When I sat up I saw Aydenn sitting on the couch in this room watching TV. He turned to look at me. “Well good afternoon sleepyhead.”

“Huh? Afternoon? What time is it?” I turned to look at the clock. “It’s three?! Why didn’t you wake me up?! Oh s***, my mom is going to kill me!” I jumped out of bed to fast I had to sit back down to regain my balance. Then I stood up and started to run out the door, but before I could get out the door Aydenn’s arms were around my waist pulling me back. He turned me around and pulled me in. We just stood there with me in his arms for a couple minutes. “I really need to go Aydenn,” I whispered.

“Why babe? You used to stay over all the time when we were dating. You’re mom will understand.” He complained.

“Yeah I know that, but as far as my mom knows we’re broken up remember? And she didn’t know I went to a party last night. So no, she won’t understand. I’ll tell her we’re back together though and then either come over later or tomorrow okay baby?”

“Ugh okay. I’ll miss you,” he admitted with a sad look that almost made me stay.

“I love you Aydenn.” I kissed him. It started off as just a kiss but then it turned into the most soft, sweet thing in the world. The type of kissing that should be illegal because all girls feel like their heart is going to explode when it’s happening.

“I love you too, Taylor. I love you too.” My heart was racing when I walked down the stairs, out the front door, and into my car. When I got in the car I smiled the biggest smile I have ever smiled. Then I laughed a little bit, turned up the music, and started to drive home.

As I drove home I knew my mom was going to be worried and pissed. I was ready to be yelled at. I was ready to be grounded. I walked in the door and my mom was waiting by the door. I knew she would be. She always does when I don’t come home. Or if I’m late or anything along those lines. “Hi mom,” I said with a guarded tone.

“Sweetie! Where have you been?! I was so worried! Where were you?! Are you okay? You’re not hurt are you?” Obviously very worried.

“I was at Aydenn’s house. I’m fine. No I’m not hurt! Why would-“

She cut me off. “Did you say Aydenn’s house? Why were you there? You guys broke up.”

“We did break up. But then I went to his house last night ‘cause he was having a lot of people over and we were all hanging out there. Then it was really late and he said I could stay the night and…now we’re back together.” It almost sounded like a question because I was so worried about what she was going to say.

“Did you guys use protection?” She looked worried now.

“Protection?! Mom! We didn’t have sex! I’m a virgin! God why would you think that?!” I was so embarrassed. She knows I’m a virgin.

“Well it’s weird for you to stay the night at your ex boyfriends house. I didn’t know! “

“Not my ex anymore.” I said with another huge smile. Where was this coming from? I guess I didn’t realize how much I missed him.

“Alright. Well, I’m happy for you. I like Aydenn. He’s good for you.”

“I know.” I walked up the stairs to go soak up all this happiness. As soon as I was in my room with the door closed I called Aydenn. I told him what my mom said.

With the phone against my ear I heard, “Taylor I need you to come over. Now. I need to tell you something.” It sounded like he was crying.

“Okay baby. I’ll be right there.” I hung up the phone feeling worried. I ran down the stairs yelling, “I’m going to Aydenn’s,” to my mom. I ran out the door, into my car, speeding down the road, into Aydenn’s driveway, out of my car, into Aydenn’s house, up the stairs, into his room.
I knew it. I knew he was crying on the phone. He was sitting on his bed crying. Hard. I walked slowly to him and sat on the bed next to him. He pulled me into his arms, onto his lap. “What’s wrong? What’s going on?” I asked.
“My mom got in an accident. She died before the paramedics got there.” More sobbing.
“Ohmygod Aydenn. I’m so sorry baby.” Then we were both crying. I felt bad for him. His dad killed himself when Aydenn was three. Too many drugs. Both of his parents were only children, no aunts or uncles. All of his grandparents were dead. He didn’t have any family. None. He was the only one. He was alone.
We were lying on his bed. I had stopped crying a while ago but he was still had silent precious tears coming out of his eyes. I was lying next to him with my head on his chest. I didn’t want to talk. Didn’t want to make him anymore upset by accidentally saying something. I barely felt his lips on my head.
I looked up and smiled at him. He half smiled back. I stretched my neck to bring his lips to mine. It started as a kiss. Then making out. Then his shirt off. Then mine. His lips were all over me. Mine were all over him. Then when our lips came back together we both smiled.
I knew he wanted to go farther. And he knew I didn’t, and he respected that. Thank god. If he didn’t I would have lost my innocence a long time ago when we first started dating. Probably the first time we made out. 8th grade. You think you know how to do everything. But in reality, you know nothing.

I love him so much. I’ve loved him forever. We have liked each other since 5th grade. Everyone knew we would end up together but we didn’t think we would. We both thought the other thought we had coodies. Ha. I miss being young. When getting into trouble meant having a toy taken away. When drama was stealing someone’s crayon. When boys weren’t obsessed with sex.

“Taylor?” I heard Aydenn say annoyed. He probably said something and then repeated it a few times and I still didn’t respond. He knows I daydream a lot but it’s annoying to him when I don’t agnolage him. It would annoy me too. I feel so badly when I do that. I can’t help it. It’s an issue.

“Sorry. What?” I looked up with an apologetic look.

“I said I love you.” He said looking kind of like he felt unimportant.

“I love you too baby. I’m sorry. You know I can’t help it.” I kissed him softly.

“I know baby girl. I know. It’s okay.” He said sounding like he felt a little bit better. I feel bad. I really do. I honestly can’t help it. I kind of black out in a way. I can’t hear anything anyone is saying to me. I stare at one spot and it can last for 10 seconds or 10 minutes. It’s really annoying. Aydenn started talking again. “So my mom’s lawyer called me and said that on her will she gave me the house.” His voice cracked when he said “mom”. I felt so bad. I knew what it was like to lose a parent. But at least I still have one of mine.

“The house huh? That’s big. Are you gunna keep it or sell it? If you wanna sell it so you have some money you could probably move in with me.”

“I was actually thinking about keeping it. I know it’s big for one person but it’s totally paid off so it would be stupid to sell this nice house and go get a little crappy apartment.”

“Oh. Well that sounds like a good idea to me.”

“I thought so. And that way I have my own place and you can come over whenever you want and spend the night and stuff.”

I knew what he was getting at. I don’t think I’m going to be a virgin for very much longer. And honestly, the thought didn’t scare me as much as it usually did. So I said, “Okay babe, cool.” As I drove home I thought about losing something so sacred. I was 17. Most of my friends weren’t virgins so it had to be okay. Right? It wasn’t like I could keep it forever. And if I could I didn’t want to.

I got home and went to go change into my favorite sweats and tank top. When my mom and I were eating dinner I told her about Aydenn’s mom and about the house. She was sad about Aydenn’s mom. About the house on the other hand...she was a little worried. She didn’t want me staying over there a lot because I was getting older and she didn’t want me getting into trouble. Of course she assumed that. But this time when she did, she was right.

After dinner I went upstairs and laid in bed. After about five minutes I was asleep. I had a dream that Aydenn cheated on me again. I woke up crying with my pillow soaked. I went downstairs to get some water and calm down. I was heading back upstairs and I heard my phone ring. I ran upstairs so it didn’t wake my mom up. It was Aydenn. Why was he calling me at three in the morning? Hmm. Better answer it. “Hello?”

“Hey. I didn’t wake you did I?” he asked sympathetically.

“No. I was up. Weird dream. Couldn’t sleep.”

“Oh. Well are you okay? What was it about?”

“Umm you cheated on me again. Doesn’t really matter.”

“Oh. Taylor I would never do that. You know that right? I love you and only you.”

Smiling I said, “I know Aydenn. Anyways, what are you doing up? Why did you call?”

“I had a dream my mom was alive. It seemed so real.” He was crying again. Every time he cried my heart broke. I hated seeing him like this. It hurt me just as much as it did him. “I just needed to hear your voice. You make me so calm.”

“It’s okay sweetie. I know it seems like the whole world is collapsing right now but it’s not. It’s going to be okay. I promise you.”

“I know. I know. Right now it seems like there is nothing I can do though.”

“I know. Are you okay to go back to sleep? I’m so tired. I need to sleep.”

“I know, love. Go to sleep. I’ll talk to you tomorrow. I love you Taylor.”

“I love you too Aydenn.” I hung up, plugged my phone in and hopped in bed. I was asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. Another dreamless night.

Exactly two weeks until summer is over, so even though it’s a Sunday, Aydenn and I are celebrating. With what? Beer and that magical green plant. I tell my mom I’m spending the night at Aydenn’s and she is surprisingly okay with it.

When I get to his house we get right down to it. Beer. Weed. More beer. More weed. Then Aydenn surprises me. We are downing our third beer when pulls a small plastic bag out of his pocket and says, “So babe. I got us a something special for tonight. Since it’s just you and me and everybody else isn’t here to ask for some.”

“Okay, what is it?” I asked curiously.

“Umm, it’s some coke.” And he obviously wasn’t talking about the drink.

“Coke? As in Cocaine? Babe, what were you thinking when you got this? You know I only smoke weed.”

“I know but I was thinking that maybe we could try something different. We know what weed feels like. We know how to control ourselves when we’re high on it. Why not take a small risk? And not a lot of people get addicted the first time they do Coke. It’s not like its Meth.”

Why do I think this is a slightly good idea? Why am I suddenly feeling the urge to set up a couple lines and burn up my nose? I don’t know why, and since I don’t, I say, “Okay.”

Next thing I know Aydenn has a mirror on the table and 2 short lines for us. He hands me a straw. “Do you want me to go first?”

“Yeah. Defiantly.”

“Well…here goes nothing.” As he snorted I could tell it pained him. His eyes watered and he crumpled his nose. My turn now I guess. I didn’t even think about what I was about to do. I just did it. It hurt. But it also felt good. It felt like it was releasing things from my brain that didn’t need to be there.

Half an hour later and we are on top of the world. We are making out, and I’m ready to do the dirty. This is our typical making out and I’m tired of it. Both of our shirts off. Lips and hands all over. Suddenly this isn’t enough. I want him. All of him. “Baby, I’m ready.”

“Are you sure? We don’t have to.” He said it obviously happy but also with a slight worry that didn’t want me to make the wrong decision.

“Yeah. I’m sure. I love you and trust you 100 percent. Please don’t change your mind now. I want you. And that is all I want.”

“Of course I’m not going to change my mind! I love you Taylor.” And then I was no longer the innocent little girl I always knew myself to be…

I woke up in Aydenn’s arms. All I had on was my underwear. Same with Aydenn. I was kind of confused at first. The covers all over the place, mine and Aydenn’s clothes in different places all over the room. I knew we did it. That’s not what I was confused about. I was confused about the little plastic bag halfway filled with white powder. I wanted more. Why? Who knew? I was going to get what I wanted though. More. Aydenn was still asleep. I knew how to do it. I didn’t need him for this. I set up a line, grabbed the straw and went for it. Aydenn woke up right when I was finished. I was sitting on the floor smiling with my hand to my nose. God, it burnt so badly. “Babe! What are you doing?!” “Um what does it look like I’m doing?” I said a little too sarcastically. “It looks like your killing brain cells. I thought we were only gunna do that last night.” “We never agreed on that. You probably just thought it in your head. I liked this. It made me feel free, like I didn’t need to do anything. And I felt like I could make you happy too…” “Baby. You make me happy even if we aren’t having sex. I don’t want you to have to be high every time we do. I want you to want to, and if you don’t want to then we won’t do it anymore. Okay?” “I do want to though. I liked last night. It was fun. I felt like we were taking a risk.” I admitted with a half smile on my face. While I was smiling Aydenn looked down at the bed. His eyes widened and his face was pure shock. “S***. S***, s***, s***, s***! Taylor the condom broke.” He exclaimed so loudly I jumped. I had never seen him like this. “It’s going to be okay. I have birth control remember?” But he didn’t know that I had forgotten to take it yesterday. Only I knew that. As soon as the possibility passed through my mind I panicked. I had to stay calm for Aydenn though. If I freaked out he would freak out even more. But it’s only a possibility. Not for certain. Nothing is for certain. “Right. Okay. Yeah, I forgot about that.” He said a little more calm now. He took a deep breath and laid down. I went up on the bed and laid next to him starting to feel that sweet, sweet high coming. I couldn’t stay still for long though. I got up and started walking around the house absentmindedly. Aydenn asked me if I was okay a couple of times. Of course I said yes. I was alright wasn’t I? I felt fine that’s for damn sure. I needed to go home. I knew that. It was almost twelve-thirty and I promised my mom to be home by one. “I gotta go.” I said it too fast, too suddenly. “I love you. See you later.” I gave him a quick kiss and ran out the door. I felt great. I wanted to drive fast. I wanted to leave. I needed to leave. I got home in half the time I usually do. I must have been going faster than I thought. I walked in the house and felt a need for more. I wanted more, needed it. I had a headache. More had to fix it right? A friend of mine was a druggy. I never did anything more but I knew she had the s***. I called her and asked her. She said sure and that she would be over in five minutes. When she got to my house we ran up to my room. She handed me the drugs, I handed her the money, and she left. Was this really this easy? There had to be some type of catch right? It couldn’t all just be sneaking around and feeling like your floating and hyper all the time. Oh well, if it was, great. If not, I’ll soon pay the consequences. I opened the small bag, grabbed my pocket mirror from my purse and snorted. It was totally different then what was at Aydenn’s. It didn’t burn as much. It didn’t give me the pleasure the stuff Aydenn had did. It wasn’t the same stuff. Not just different but the same type of drug. It wasn’t the same drug. It was something else. I didn’t want to even use this toke. I think whoever gave Aydenn whatever he gave him set him up. Told him it was Coke but it wasn’t. I better tell him. I hit Aydenn’s speed dial. He answered on the second ring. “Hello?” His voice was so sexy. “Hey. I have to tell you something. I know you’re not going to be happy with me but I think you should know.” “You’re pregnant aren’t you?! S***!” “Aydenn! No! I’m not pregnant. You can’t find out this early anyways. So you know my friend Jessi? You know how she’s on like every drug imaginable?” “You called her I’m guessing? To get more?” He was mad. His voice was cold and sharp. “Yeah, and I asked her for coke so she gave me some and it wasn’t the same. The stuff we had was stronger. It burnt more. It gave me such a bigger high. This felt like I was snorting powdered sugar and I got on a sugar high compared to what last night felt like.” “What are you saying Taylor? That I lied to you about what drug it was? Why would I do that? I don’t want to hurt you or get you hooked on anything.” “I’m not saying you lied to me. I’m saying whoever gave you the drugs lied to you.” Why does he always assume I’m blaming him? That gets annoying sometimes. Oh well, I love him anyways. “Why would they do that? I don’t understand.” He sounded really confused. “Maybe so that you would get hooked and come back for more and they could get more money. That doesn’t matter. What matters is that I need more so I need to know where you got it.” I sounded desperate. This wasn’t good. “Taylor I’m not telling you where I got it. We don’t know what it is. You can’t just start doing a drug when you don’t know what it is. You can’t just start doing drugs period. God…what did I get us into?” he was worried and annoyed. He is so obvious about his feelings. “Please baby. It makes me feel so good.” I knew he couldn’t turn down my pleading. As I sat there praying he would tell me I heard, “Babe, no.” Damn it. That set me off the edge. He couldn’t just turn me down. I was going to get what I wanted rather he liked it or not “Fine. I’ll do it by my f*ing self. I don’t need you to help me with every single thing.” I half yelled it. “Taylor! What is wrong with you?! You aren’t being yourself!” He was crying. Damn, was he on his man-period or something? “Woops.” I hung up. I didn’t want to hear his voice anymore. I’m a big girl, I’ll get what I want by myself.

KatelynHanks GOLD, Henderson, Nevada

nothing last forever

I really like this. It was really raw and true.    Please check out some of my stuff thanks (:

SmartTart SILVER, Beth;ehem, Pennsylvania

Stand for what you believe in even if it means you stand alone.

I like this. So real that not everything is a fairytail.

Will do!! checkin it right now!

Bookworm1998 GOLD, Brampton, Other

Preserve your memories, keep them well; what you forget, you can never retell.

hey, its up now, could you check it out? When Hearts Turn - it should be about the 8th book on the list of recently submitted romance novels. tell me what ya think! thanks!

okie doke! sounds good! ill check it out fo sho

DawningCelesta, ., Ohio
If you find the time, that would be awesome! It's called Because the Night, and it should be the only one on my page (: 

What's yours called? I'll check it out!

I dont have nay other work up right now cuz ive been working on this but thx for asking!

DawningCelesta, ., Ohio
Anytime, and I'm glad! I'm thinking of incorporating some of these themes in my book; if you like it and have suggestions, let me know! 

Bookworm1998 GOLD, Brampton, Other

oops i forgot i just added a new chapter 2 days before, i guess it will b awhile before u can find it sorry. ill tell you when it is up, but in the meantime, is there any other work of yours that you want me 2 checkout?

I couldn't find it...do you mind posting the link on here?

thank you so much! that just made my day and I'm SOO glad you like it!

Absolutely! ill do it as soon as i get the chance

Bookworm1998 GOLD, Brampton, Other

np! i love a gr8 romance! btw would u mind checking out my book When Hearts Turn? critism would b great from u.

DawningCelesta, ., Ohio
Thanks for writing, I really enjoyed this. The emotions were realistic and you could really identify with the characters. I'd love to see more (: 

Thank you! I'm sorry about the indents...i thought I did but I guess not! WOOPS! I'm still working on it and I really wanted to wait til it was done to post it, but I wanted to see what you guys thought so far...so thanks for the feedback!! =)

Bookworm1998 GOLD, Brampton, Other

this is really good so far! really interesting and i hope that it turns out as good as it started. :)

just make sure that you format it like chapter1, cuz chapter 2 gets harder to read with it in 1 giant paragraph without indents