I Miss You

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »

Torment

He knew what his death would do to me. He had to. I have a guess of what it would feel like, but I didn’t know what I’d do. I stared into his wonderful eyes that I lived so much. Could he see what I was feeling? Did he know how much I didn’t want him to do this? I couldn’t stand by and wait for him to come home whenever he got the chance. I couldn’t. It would kill me, it would torment me. If I had known that this was what he wanted to do with his life I wouldn’t have complained to myself s much while he was in college. I wish he had stayed at college, I wish he hadn’t come here and I wish he’d never come back. If that was the price I would have to pay for him to stay away from the army - for him to stay alive - I’d pay it.

“Tyler I need you to stay here,” I said desperately.

Tyler sighed heavily and rubbed the back of his neck. “Alexandra . . .”
“Tyler listen to me I love you, I need you, and I don’t want anything to happen to you,” I said.

Tyler looked away and I placed a hand on his chest, hoping that by my touch he’d look at me. He did. His eyes looked sad and distant.

“Alex I’m going.”

And he did. He left. He joined the army a few weeks later. He went to boot camp and then he went off to war.

This book has 7 comments. Post your own now!

inthecorner919 said...
I'm not trying to be mean but I think the stoyline is too predictable. I dislike the leaps in time (how did she get from the dining table to the forest? 10 year leap?). She placed her hand on his chest how many times? Finally, don't you think that 60% chance of death is a bit of an exageration. (Sorry for nit-picking. I liked it overall)

fluffy_504 said...
Sept. 22, 2013 at 1:44 am
Omg soo cute. I love this short story!

natureismusic said...
i love it!!!!! im calling the cops beacause you just stole my heart : ) shakpsere would be jealous of you.

HRose said...
Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:53 am
OMG i LOVE it sooooo much!!! soo cute!!

BadGirl said...
Dec. 18, 2011 at 10:58 am
Finally finished!!! :)

WHUT said...
POSTMOREE!

BadGirl replied...

:D I will right now I'm writing it on paper so the book wont go back on the waiting list. It should be complete at the end of the week :)

Thanks for reading my book and commenting!!! :)