I Miss You

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »

Don't Leave Me

I ran from the house and to the safety of the woods. It was getting dark so I couldn't really see where I was going. He was leaving. He was going somewhere where the possibility of him dying was probably 60% and I couldn't have that. Tears rolled down my cheeks and I didn't try to stop them. I didn't brush them away and I didn't blink several times so they would stop coming, I just let them fall. He was leaving. When I couldn't walk anymore I collapsed to the green grassy ground and laid there. I
What would I do if he didn't love me? What would I feel? Pain, loss?
couldn't take it.
I couldn't take the pain, the lose and the loneliness I felt. Why? Why was he doing this? I couldn't tell him my feelings now. If I did and he felt the same way . . . if he died on the battlefield - I cringed - I wouldn't be able to take it. The pain would be to much. But what if I did tell him and he felt the same way and he stayed because if it? Would he? If he died before I could tell him how I felt I'd never know.
How could I tell him? What would I do if he didn't love me? Pain, loss? What would I feel? What would I do if he went to the army anyway? What would I do if he died?
I imagined his face in a coffin and icicles ran down my back. His face pale white and the freckles around his nose very noticeable. I shook my head and curled up into a ball. I couldn't let those thoughts get to me, I couldn't think about them. Cause he's going to be fine. Everything was going to be fine.

"Alexandra!" Tyler's voice called.

I didn't answer. I didn't want to see him right now. I didn't want him to see me like this. He called me several times and each time it was closer. I had moved from the grass to behind a tree.

"Alexandra if you don't answer me I'll go read you diary!" Tyler threatened. I giggled weakly from behind the tree.

"Did you hear what I said?" Tyler whispered in my ear.
I screamed and backed away from him. He smiled as if he'd just won the lottery. Tyler always loved scaring me. I sighed and waited for my heartbeat to slow. Tyler didn't say anything and didn't look at me.
What was he thinking about? What should I do?

"Tyler," I whispered, staring at the ground. "Don't go."

Tyler sighed heavily then turned to me. "Why?"

I looked up at him and moved closer. I put a hand on his chest, over his heart, and looked into his eyes.

"Cause I don't want you to go," I whispered.
I couldn't bring myself to say 'because I love you' I was a chicken.

Tyler stared right back at me. Our noses were close and our lips even closer.
'What was going to happen next?' Was all I could think.

This book has 7 comments. Post your own now!

inthecorner919 said...
I'm not trying to be mean but I think the stoyline is too predictable. I dislike the leaps in time (how did she get from the dining table to the forest? 10 year leap?). She placed her hand on his chest how many times? Finally, don't you think that 60% chance of death is a bit of an exageration. (Sorry for nit-picking. I liked it overall)

fluffy_504 said...
Sept. 22, 2013 at 1:44 am
Omg soo cute. I love this short story!

natureismusic said...
i love it!!!!! im calling the cops beacause you just stole my heart : ) shakpsere would be jealous of you.

HRose said...
Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:53 am
OMG i LOVE it sooooo much!!! soo cute!!

BadGirl said...
Dec. 18, 2011 at 10:58 am
Finally finished!!! :)

WHUT said...
POSTMOREE!

BadGirl replied...

:D I will right now I'm writing it on paper so the book wont go back on the waiting list. It should be complete at the end of the week :)

Thanks for reading my book and commenting!!! :)