I Miss You

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

The Day After He Left

The day after he got on the train to leave I was laying in my bed, staring at the ceiling. I stayed like that for hours, thinking about him.
And that was what I was doing now. But I was trying not to think about him. I sighed and sat up. Mom and Dad had gotten home an hour ago and it was almost time for dinner. I went over to my desk and turned on my laptop.
I surfed the web for about an hour before Mom called me for dinner. I ran down the stairs and before I even reached the bottom
I love you Tyler was what I wanted to text back. But I was a coward and didn't.
I could smell the fantastic scent of spaghetti. I took a deep breath and let it out. I LOVED SPAGHETTI!

"How was your day?" Mom asked as soon as I entered the kitchen.

"Good," I said as I sat down and placed my napkin in my lap.

Mom turned and gave me a look. "No details?"

I rolled my eyes. "I worked at an ice cream shop all day."

It was Mom's turn to roll her eyes. She placed a plate of spaghetti in front of me and Dad, and then sat down with her plate. Dad smiled at me before putting a forkful of food in his mouth.
After we finished eating I went back up to my room. I just opened the door when I heard a, DING!
I scanned my room for my cell phone, but I didn't see it. I went over to my bag and looked through it before I found what I was looking for.
'NEW TEXT MESSAGE' it read. I clicked on my messages. My eyes widened.
'ONE NEW MESSAGE FROM TYLER.'
TYLER! A message from Tyler! I was tempted to squeal in happiness as I held the phone over my heart. He hasn't text me in months! I looked at the new massage.
'Hey ALEXANDRA did your mom tell u the good news?'
Good news? What 'good news'?

"MOM!" I called down.

"Yeah?" She called back.

"Is there something you need to tell me?"

"Hold on, I'm coming."

I listened as she walked up the stairs. What was she going to say? What was the good news? The suspense was killing me! I looked up when I heard my door, slowly, creak open. Mom came over to me and sat just beside me, on my bed.

"Tyler is coming home in a few weeks," she told me.

YOU might be thinking 'Oh well that's all?' but ME? I was bouncing and screaming like a little girl on the inside.
Tyler was coming home!
I turned away from her and looked down at my phone.
'Yeah she just told me. When r u coming?'
I waited nervously and impatiently for him to answer.
DING!
'I'm leaving tomorrow. Can't wait 2 see u :)'
My heart swelled up and it beat rapidly. What should I say?
'Me 2, see u then :D'
When Mom left the room I sighed and flopped on my bed. I looked up at the texts we had shared before placing it on top of my chest and closing my eyes.
Tyler was coming.
I love you Tyler and I'll tell you as soon as I get the chance to be alone with you.

inthecorner919 said...
I'm not trying to be mean but I think the stoyline is too predictable. I dislike the leaps in time (how did she get from the dining table to the forest? 10 year leap?). She placed her hand on his chest how many times? Finally, don't you think that 60% chance of death is a bit of an exageration. (Sorry for nit-picking. I liked it overall)

fluffy_504 said...
Sept. 22, 2013 at 1:44 am:
Omg soo cute. I love this short story!

natureismusic said...
Jul. 4, 2013 at 4:18 pm:
i love it!!!!! im calling the cops beacause you just stole my heart : ) shakpsere would be jealous of you.

HRose said...
Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:53 am:
OMG i LOVE it sooooo much!!! soo cute!!

BadGirl said...
Dec. 18, 2011 at 10:58 am:
Finally finished!!! :)

WHUT said...
POSTMOREE!

BadGirl replied...
Dec. 13, 2011 at 4:09 pm :

:D I will right now I'm writing it on paper so the book wont go back on the waiting list. It should be complete at the end of the week :)

Thanks for reading my book and commenting!!! :)