I Gave Her my Heart

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

West Harvey Street

She was the talk of the town, and she knew it. She had a certain air of confidence when she walked, but yet she was not cocky. With only a few words she could make someone feel like they were worth a million bucks. Polite and courteous, she always knew how to make others feel important, yet it was clear that she was in charge. Her light green eyes sparkled as a contrast to her tall, yet slim, tanned body. She turned heads when she walked into the room, everyone everywhere wanted to know about Miss Arianna Blakeslee.
In a small town like Sunset Valley, everyone knew everyone. As you walked down the main street, West Harvey Street, you would maybe see maybe fifty people, and it was probable that you knew everything about all of them. You would know their names, what family they came from, where they live, and what they do for a living; all that and of course what town drama or scandal they had been a part of. West Harvey stretched out for about a quarter of a mile, starting at Jack’s Hardware Store, and ending at the gate to the huge Blakeslee mansion. In the middle were the Valley Grocery, the Sunset Hotel, Tom’s Auto Repair, and a number of other small businesses, banks, restaurants, and industries. Everyone in town had their place, and basically right when you were born, it was known what you were going to do with your life. After my mother dropped out of high school, she was the talk of the town, because having a baby out of wedlock was a huge scandal. My mom loved me and did the best she could to provide for me, but she couldn’t do much with a waitress’ salary. I raised myself, and that was fine with me, until I met her.
The vivid memory flooded my senses, I could remember the first time I saw her like it happened a second ago. She ran across the church yard, her blond hair, tied back with a crisp white ribbon, bouncing with every skip. Her light blue party dress fit tightly around her waist, and spread out into a canopy of ruffles dropping down just below her knees. It was the day of the church picnic, and my mother and I were late. As we walked up, I saw her run towards me and heard her say that the games were starting in five minutes. I heard her speak the words, but I was too mesmerized by the beautiful girl skipping away from me. I was too scared to talk to her; I had no idea who she was. Looking back on the situation, if I could change one moment of my life, it would be that moment that I walked up to her and introduced myself.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »