Cracked Mirror

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »

Corrupt Love

“Stepmother, what a nice surprise. Why are you trying to poison me? I would have thought my being gone would have been enough for you,” says Snow White sweetly.
“Why can’t he forget you? I am so much more then you,” screeches the queen.
Angry, Stepmother morphs back into her normal body. However, now her hair is unruly, her clothes are torn, and her make-up is running down her face.
“You are nothing like her! You can try but you can never be as good or as beautiful as her,” cries Stepmother.
“As who?” questions Snow White.
Stepmother is now crying. Her tears making her skin blotchy. She looks old and worn out. No longer evil, but lonely.
“Why her? Why couldn’t it be you? It is all your fault. If you had never been born then this would never have happened.”
“What happened?” asks Snow White quietly. “Who is this woman you are referring to?”
Taking a minute to think it over, she realizes what Stepmother meant.
“Mom giving birth to me. You loved my mom didn’t you?” Snow White asks.
“We were best friends,” answered Stepmother. “If you hadn’t been born she would still be here! My best friend is dead and now I have tried to kill her daughter. The one thing she had always looked forward to.”
“It’s alright, mother will forgive you, but you have to stop all of this! Let’s go home and help one another. There is no reason to fight.”
“No it’s too late. If I return, I will be executed. No. I have to finish this now. Once you are gone everything will go back to what it was before. Yes, that’s it,” Stepmother says with a crazy glint in her eye.
Now it is obvious. Stepmother is not evil, she is just crazy. The loss of her best friend drove her over the edge. Nothing can bring her back now.
Truly scared, Snow White starts to back up. Looking around she sees that not only is Jessie next to her, but the other seven as well. What where they going to do? She has her magic while they are defenseless.
Taking a deep breath, Snow White says calmly, “Stepmother, what brought this on? Why did you decide to kill me?”
“I am the fairest of them all! I have worked so hard to be the perfect queen to this pitiful country. You are not taking my place!” screeches Stepmother.
“But it was never truly your place,” says a calm voice behind Stepmother.
Whirling around, Stepmother finds the owner of the voice. It is Prince Blaine. He is on a grey horse and he’s wearing beau up and stained armor. He looks like a warrior.
“If the king dies then Snow White would become queen and rule. If Snow White was to die as well, then the crow goes to the duke. You would never rule,” explained Blaine.
Looking crazy and a little frightened, Stepmother says, “Lies. All lies! I shall rule! I was born to be queen!”
Then Stepmother starts laughing hysterically. She has never looked more pathetic or broken to Snow White. Turning to Snow White, Stepmother takes out a knife and rushes towards her. Before Snow White can take a step back, an arrow pierces through Stepmothers heart.
Gasping, Snow White turns to where the arrow had flown from. Out of the forest, steps her father. He walks over to the body and kneels down next to it.
“Greselda,” he says, “What have you become?”

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

Mermaidmissy said...
Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:41 am:
Ok you so have to keep on writing some more pages soon. I so love your book it was totally awesome!! Can you take a look at some of my poems and book please thank you. :)