Cracked Mirror

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Eight Hot Men

Once upon a time there was a country named Bona. Bona was small compared to its neighboring country Amadora. Bona has a beautiful princess who lives with her jealous stepmother. The princess has hair as black as a raven and eyes as blue as the sea. With skin so fair and lovely, she could have no name other than Snow White.
Snow White’s stepmother’s personality is wicked. Every day, Stepmother goes to her magic mirror. The mirror is all knowing, but its appearance is not what most would expect of a magic mirror. It is a plain mirror like any other. It has a frame made of wood and its glass is dull and chipped.
“Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who’s the fairest of them all?” Stepmother chants.
Before, the reply had always been, “You, my queen.” However, this time was different.
“Snow White, with skin so soft and a heart so fair, she is the fairest of them all,” drowns the mirror.
Furious, Stepmother smashes the mirror with a shoe.
“How can this be?” she shrieks, “When will I finally be rid of this monster!”
Then, in the middle of her temper tantrum, she stops and blinks. Rid of her. An evil smile comes to her beautiful face causing it to morph into that of a monster.
“What a simple solution to all my problems,” she smirks. “Ralph, Get in here!” she yells. “Yes, my queen,” replies Ralph with his head bowed.
Ralph is simple looking. His long brown hair covers his eyes. He wears old rusty armor and he shakes a little in the presence of the queen.
“I need you to dispose of one of my problems.”
“Anything, my queen.”
“Kill Snow White.”
Shocked by what Stepmother is commanding, he stares at her. How could he kill the princess? Yet, how could he disobey the queen? Unsure of what he should do, Ralph goes out to fulfill the queen’s request.
“Ralph, how are you today?” sings Snow White.
She is out in the Royal Garden surrounded by birds of all colors and squirrels that scurry up trees at the sight of Ralph. Even animals couldn’t resist the pull of Snow White.
“I am well princess, but I was wondering if you could help me with something.”
“Anything, Ralph, whatever you need.”
Ralph leads Snow White into the forest where his plan of killing Snow White will never be found out by anyone. You see, the people love Snow White and he knew if they found out he had committed the heinous act of killing her, they would surely kill him. The queen would just stand by and let them; she would never let anything tarnish her impeccable reputation. Because of this, no one could ever know what he was about to do.
The deeper Snow White and Ralph travel into the forest, the more nervous Snow White gets. Snow White understands her stepmother hates her and that Ralph would do whatever
Stepmother asked. She had to think quickly or else he very well might kill her.
Noticing a rock by her foot, Snow White picks it up. One nice hit and she could be free and never have to return to that terrible place she once called home.
“Princess,” sighs Ralph.
“Yes.”
“You must run from here.”
“What?” Snow White gasps. He was letting her go?
“I won’t kill you, but you can’t come back to the kingdom.”
Nodding her head, Snow White continues to walk without Ralph. Well, it could be worse. She might actually have to hit Ralph with the stone.
As the day goes on, Snow White gets deeper and deeper into the forest. It is now dark and all the sounds of the forest heave turned into a horror movie theme song. There are small red eyes looking at Snow White through the bushes as she walks. Every little snap or hoot makes her jump. It won’t be much longer until she has herself so freaked out, she won’t be able to continue.
Running through the forest, Snow White is now panting hard. She is scared, tired, and hungry. Finally, she makes it to a small clearing and stops dead. Why is there a small cottage in the middle of the forest? Well it’s no stranger then Stepmother talking to a mirror everyday.
Knocking on the door, Snow White waits for a reply. None came. Looking around she notices how disgusting the cottage is. The windows have so much dust on them you couldn’t see through them. There are tools everywhere. The tools are all muddy and rusty. It is scary to think what the inside might look like. Shivering, Snow White tries the door. It is locked. Hmmm. Snow White picks up a rock and smashes the window next to the door. Reaching her hand through the window she unlocks the door.
“Ooooh, I made a mess,” says Snow White looking at the glass shattered across the floor.
Feeling guilty, Snow White picks up a broom and starts sweeping the floor. Seeing how big of a difference the sweeping made, she continues to clean.
It is three hours later and the sun is setting. Snow White has finished cleaning and decides to cook something to eat. Hopefully the owner of the cottage will not be so angry with a full stomach. As she cooks, eight men start walking toward the house.
“Hmmm, what is that smell?” asks one of the men.
“Someone is in the house!” exclaims another seeing the light on in the cottage.
Running toward the cottage, they are furious and a little curious. Who is in the middle of the forest? What was the chance this person found their cottage? Why on earth were they cooking? These thoughts race through the men’s heads as they reach the cottage. The cottage is clean! Well that is defiantly new. They walk in, curious and find a beautiful woman.
Startled, Snow White twists around to find eight hot men.
“Who are you?” Snow White gasps
“That should be our question!” the men yell.
“I am Snow White,” she says.
Looking at one another, the men give their names.
“I’m Dopey,” says one who looks like a blond surfer. He has shaggy, sand blond hair, and a dark tan.
“Hello, I’m Happy,” says another with brown hair and a basketball in his hands. Happy has a goofy smile on his face that lights up the room.
“Acho, Acho, hey I’m Sneezy.” Sneezy is small with big blue eyes that take up half his face. His blond hair makes him looks like a child.
“Waz up, I’m Sleepy,” drowns another. His brown hair is messed up making him look as if he just woke up.
“It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance Snow White. My name is Doc.” Doc has glasses and brown curly hair. He looks like the brains.
“This is Bashful,” says Sneezy pushing forward another. He had rosy pink cheeks and his gray eyes are looking at the floor.
“And this is Grumpy,” smiles Dopey. Grumpy has a scowl on his face that made him look like a little boy who just had his favorite toy taken away. His red hair did nothing to help make him look older.
One thing all seven men had in common way they were all gorgeous. Each was prefect in their own category.
“Who is that,” Snow White asks, pointing towards the back of the group.
There stood one of the most gorgeous men she has ever seen. He has black hair and green eyes. He is wearing an all black outfit that made him look mysterious.
“That’s Jessie Mellark. We found him wondering in the forest and brought him with us. Now he is part of our family,” explains Happy.
“Why are you all here?” inquires Snow White.
“Well,” explains Happy, “We all just wanted a quiet peaceful life. All of us had the same idea of moving into the quiet forest. Not long after we all met up and decided to work together. Jessie is the newest member.”
“That is exactly what I want,” says Snow White determined. “I want a quiet easy life away from the castle!”
“Then stay here with us,” exclaims Goofy.
Snow White looks at all eight men. It is very dangerous to stay with someone you don’t know, but how else will Snow White survive in the forest? Smiling, Snow White nods. Here is a place to start over and live a normal life.
Days pass and life was peaceful. The nine of them would fish, grow food, and talk together. Mostly Snow White cleaned and cooked, but occasionally she would help the men out with their chores. Still, Snow White has yet to hear from her stepmother.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

Mermaidmissy said...
Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:41 am
Ok you so have to keep on writing some more pages soon. I so love your book it was totally awesome!! Can you take a look at some of my poems and book please thank you. :)