The Land Of Everlasting Night

By , London, United Kingdom
Author's note: I wrote this when I was in class and a cloud came over the sun. It really made me unhappy, and I...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I wrote this when I was in class and a cloud came over the sun. It really made me unhappy, and I wondered what it would be like if the sun went out for good.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

You killed my little girl!

I cannot escape her image. She is everywhere. I hear her words ringing in my head. This is her revenge on me, I killed her and now I will never have peace till I die. She has trapped me here, in this cold and dark world. She has escaped, and left me here. I feel betrayed, I feel so utterly alone. She was my heart, my life and my light. They take their time in killing me. They know that with death comes peace. They allow me to wonder about with my injuries, searching for my heart.
In my dreams I have relived her death one hundred times. Watching the light leave her eyes and wafter up to join the stars. I held her close as the warmth left her. They had to break my arms to make me let her go. They will not let me visit her grave. They know how to torture here. Not only the body but the soul, I look up into the sky.

"Steven!" A voice shouts my name but I will not turn to see them speak. I only wish for one person to call my name, and al the air has left her lungs. I hear them walk up close to me.

"You killed her! You killed her! You killed my little girl!" I turn finally. Her mother glares up at me. Her brains are shaken and she does not know the world for what it is.

"To you she has been dead for years." I mutter.

"You killed her! You killed her! You killed my little girl!" She screams at me, clawing at me with her fake talons of nails. I push her away. She staggers backwards. "She was mine and you took her from me!"

"She was never yours."

"She was! Before we adopted you, devil! Before you came she was mine, all mine!"

"She never belonged to anyone, don't you understand?"

"She used to look up at me, with the sweetest love in her eyes. She was a sweet and kind child. All before you made her cruel! All before you tainted her, you brought your sadness with you when you invaded my family. After that, she looked at me with hate. Hate! From such a young child, hate! What kind of creature would make a child hate their own mother?"

"I did not make her hate you, you did. People are not blind forever, she soon became aware you were not all you seemed. She was not stupid, she saw you for what you are."

"My little girl! You've gone and killed her! You've killed my little girl!" The woman shrieks again. It shocks me something as beautiful as Amora was could be born from such an animal as her mother is. I am about to loose my temper. So I look up at the sky again.

"You killed my little girl! You stole her from me!" The woman screams again. I push her out of my way and leave her, screaming at my back. Life is full of the crazy, the wired and the wild. They all seem to find one and other, they group up and hunt the normal into extinction.

"Hey you!" I look over my shoulder. There he stands, her widower, glowering at me. "Yes you!" His voice is deep and arrogant. "Come here!" he clacks his fingers at me. I continue walking away from him. He can't give me orders.

"Hey you!" He repeats, he sounds childish. People like him don't really know what to do if you don't obey their instructions. I hear him rush up behind me and the feel his hand clamp on my shoulder "You!" He says. I turn and look at him.

"Don't you have anything to say to me?" He asks, sneering at me.

"No." I answer. He stares at me, then attempts to hit my face. I was intending to let him hit me, but my reflexes get the better of me and I catch his hand. She was wrong, he's not all that. I let his fist go. He attempts to hit me again, I grab his fist and twist his arm behind him. He gives a little noise of pain.

"Leave me alone." I order him. I really should kill him now, he's going to be a problem. It feels good to say that. I let his arm go and kick him in the small of the back so he stumbles forward. He turns and looks at me. His snobbery is gone, he looks at me with the hate abused dogs look at their owners. I stand and look down at him.

"Look at you! Who could love you above me?" He sneers.

"Anyone." I answer with a smile.

"Just look at your face, you aren't anyone! You're nothing! You're just some orphan boy with a twisted face, you are nothing!" He is beginning to yelp like a young puppy. I watch him, I have grown so tired of people. I wonder how many will today yell at me, with their trivial insults. If they could see themselves they would be quiet, if they could hear how their little voices squeak with emotion and how they repeat themselves, they would be silent; but they can't, so they continue yelping.

"I had everything, and she didn't want a cent of it. What do you have that I don't? Tell me, what is there to love about you? There is no stop to what there is to love about me! I'm perfect! All the girls in this compound want to marry me! Me! None of them want to marry you, you're scum! All the girls exempt for that one, the one I wanted." He yelps . I begin to walk away.

"Do you know who I am?" He yells after me. I continue walking. He will will return with help from his soldiers. Across the hall I catch a glimpse of her. My heart pounds, suddenly I'm running. Nothing. I stand there, breathing hard.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

musicismyheart247 said...
Mar. 1, 2012 at 9:52 am
wow great story its very nice i loved it!!