Struggling to Breathe

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10

Chapter Ten

Marcus stared at me as I finished the story.
“But what does that have to do with today?” he asked me, looking utterly confused.
I sighed, and continued on.
“After that night, I broke up with Chris. But then, I started having flashbacks everyday whenever I would see a car, or see anything that reminded me of that night. These led to panic attacks, and I spent the whole summer trying to get rid of them. I ended up once or twice in the hospital even, from not being able to breathe. They called it “panic- induced asthma”. I called it just plain old scary.”
Marcus stared at me.
“Rose, I can’t believe you never told anyone that. Not even your mom?” he said.
“Well, I told my mom and my therapists I was having panic attacks, but I didn’t tell them why. You’re the first person I’ve told.” I smiled.
“And that’s because…?” He smiled even wider.
“It’s because I think I might really love you, “I replied cautiously. “You’re the only person I can trust anymore, and you made me happy again after months of being guilt-ridden and miserable.”
“Well,” he replied, “I’ve liked you since fourth grade, so this is a dream come true for me.”
I grinned, and kissed him. His lips still tasted like chocolate, and for that, I smiled. Finally, I was happy again.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10

allaboutmylife said...
Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:45 pm:
this storuy is so amazing and it speaks the truth of feelings after something difficult and scary happens, especially the guilt part.

manndypanndy replied...
Oct. 27, 2012 at 5:43 pm :
Thank you so much!!