Anyone But You

Author's note: Just entertainment.
Author's note: Just entertainment.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next »

Because I love you

There was just one more day until the dance came. Excitement rushed up and down my body, I stared up at the ceiling in my room thinking, just thinking. The reason why I am on my bed today is because we had a day off,due to the heat. What I was thinking about, had to do with " the move." I was just thinking that I was finally getting settled in my life and then my parents had to come and ruin everything. I finally made friends, and I actually enjoyed here. I enjoyed the long conversations with Sandy and Johnny, as well as the walks home. I had more friends at school, but those two were my best friends. I didn't want to lose them. Sweat filled up on my back and hot air brushed my face. I got up from my bed and walked outside of my room. Mom and dad were putting up a wall to get more privacy. Though we lacked space, I thought it was very cool they were putting up a wall. I looked at them, they looked at me, and then I walked outside. A wave of heat crashed on my like a wave crashing on a surfer. I spotted a big tree near my house and I walked over to sit under it. I gently sat under the tree and closed my eyes. " Is something wrong?" Johnny asked.

" Johnny?" I questioned, " where did you come from?"

" That doesn't matter," he replied, " if something's wrong, you know you can tell me."

" I know," I sighed, " it's just that.."

" It's just that, what?" he asked with great interest.

" It's just that, I'm moving," I spoke softly.

" You're moving?" he questioned, " when?"

" Next week," I said, " it seems like a long time, but it really isn't."

" Don't move," he shook his head, " when I met you, you changed me. After I met you, I became...more happy.

Tears filled in my brown eyes, " I have to, it's not like I want to."

He frowned, " Do you know why I asked you to the dance?"

" No."

" Because I...I like you, alot. No I actually love you," he continued. " when I first met you, I actually liked you, but I didn't show it."

I looked at him, his eyes filled with sorrow, " Even when I move, we can still keep in touch."

" Maybe," he said, " well I'll see you at the dance tomorrow." He touched my hand and then walked away.

" Okay," I replied.

I thought about everything he said to me...' I like you alot' echoed in my head. And for the first time, I think I was actually in love. After that day, all I thought about was Johnny. His cute smile, his green eyes, his sweet voice. He haunted me, and I felt guilty because I was moving and we wouldn't be able to see each other. Today was the dance, and I had trouble picking something out to wear. I had a plain white dress, which is the one I wore to dinner, and I had another light green dress that had a darker green belt around the waist. I decided to go with the light green dress, it was fancy but it was casual and that was my style. I slipped it on and put on light pink lipstick. I dabbed a little bit of light green eyeshadow on my eyelids, and left my hair out. In my eyes, I looked the same as usual..plain. But in others I probably looked, pretty. I walked out of the room and my mom stared at me. She looked at me as if she didn't know me. She smile, " Dawn, you look beautiful!'

" Thank you, mom," I replied, " I'm gonna go now."

" Okay, honey," she said, " do you have a date or anything?"

" Nope," I answered back, " I'm going solo."

I walked out of the door to meet Johnny looking handsome than ever. His hair was messy, which in my opinion he looked better when it was like that and his outfit was cute. He wore a nice white shirt and a black pants. He smiled at me and I smiled back. He said, " You look beautiful."

" Thank you," I replied, " you look handsome."

He laughed, looked at the ground, and put his hands in his pockets, " Are you ready?"

" Yeah," I answered.

We walked over to Johnny's car, it was a red muscle car. He opened the door for me to go in. And I happily went in, he hopped over his door, and started up the car. He took off in a speed and before we knew it we were at the dance. I walked out of the car and looked at the school. I sighed and waited for Johnny to take my hand. I slipped my left arm into his right arm and walked into the school. It was decorated with all kinds of lights, flowers, and foods of all kinds into the on the long tables. Johnny walked in front of me, put his hand out, and asked, " Can I have the pleasure of dancing with you?"

This book has 33 comments. Post your own now!

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 11 at 10:43 pm
So good and so sweet! you're wonderful writer! Keep writing^_^

MyluvzuThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 17 at 10:34 pm
This is an AMAZING BOOK! :)

SUREMELISSA! said...
This is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

ML.Sammy replied...
Thanks guys for commenting;)

nice said...
Good!!:) Like for real, it is!!!:)

HEHEHEyoursofunny said...
This is good, and it is funny!!!:)

YEAHBUDDY! said...
THIS IS AWESOME, YEAH BUDDY!!!:)

Coconut3790 said...
This is great!:)

Cori said...
I just happened to pass by and notice that at the end of all your comments are ':)' lol, but the book is good.:)

LolSunshine said...
This is neat. It's a good book.:)

ILOVECHERRIES!189 said...
Good Book! AND I LOVE CHERRIES!!!:)

JesseJ179 said...
This is really good, and I don't usually like romantic novels. Keep Up the Good Work, ML. Sammy!:)

Lily135 said...
This is one of the best novels for a teenager. I don't know how old you are, but this is definitely above your reading level. You have a good writing sense, and this is good. It could have a little work on it and add more in between characters, but it's really good. Good Job.:)

Sera790 said...
Cool novel:)

Meghan35 said...
Awesome book, this is really you!:)

Kiki145 said...
I know, he might ask me out:) OOOHHHHH! I shouldn't be saying this in publice, lol, love yah, anyway. TEXT ME!!!!!:)

DebroJoPump159 said...
Love this girl!

Ally15 said...
Nice. Anyone But you...nice title.:)

Snakegirl4789 said...
Nice Book. I love the Plot.:)

Kiki145 said...
Hey Pretty! I like this book, and I did NOT know you had an acc. Text me later anyone okkk! Well see you in school tomorrow, gotta tell you something. One word. Saulius!!!