Anyone But You

Author's note: Just entertainment.
Author's note: Just entertainment.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 Next »

Eating at Bistro 33

The car pulled up near a restaurant that was neat, clean, and fancy. From the outside window you could see chandeliers above every table. It was absolutely beautiful! When we reached inside, we got a table and sat down. Now I don't usually get excited about eating out, but today I was, for some odd reason. Maybe because it was different. I looked outside the big glass window and saw Johnny and his friends. I guess they got back together, I thought to myself. Of course, they were pelting eggs at people, and giving cars flat tires. But that was just the way they were, rebels. I turned to my parents and looked at them. They were laughing and having conversations, and well me, I was lonely. Just staring off into the distance. " Mom?" I asked abruptly, " Can I take a walk outside?"

" Sure, honey!" mom replied without caring.

I got up from the table and quickly walked outside the door. The cool summer air felt good on my skin. The wind walked right through my hair and the moon glared at me. I sat on the car and just looked off into the distance again thinking. I couldn't stop thinking about my screwed up life and how it got. When I was a little girl, my mom actually loved me, but now I don't even know. What parent would let their child, take a walk in the middle of the night? Of course my non-caring mother would, she just didn't care about me. No one did! My whole life was mainly just an act. That's why I would've been a good actress. In school I was cheerful, kind, and optimistic. But at home I was sad, mad, and most of all, depressed. No one could possibly pull me out of this shell I was in. I was like a scared turtle, who always stayed in its shell. I was sick and tired off my life! I finally rested my back on the car. I stared at the twinkling diamonds in the night sky. I closed my brown eyes and relaxed. But then I noticed that something was wrong. Though my eyes were closed I felt a presence near me. " Hey," Johnny said resting his hands on the car.

" Hi," I spoke softly.

" Is something wrong?" he asked.

" I don't really know."

" You know," he went on, " I'm your friend know and you can tell me things, like what's bothering you."

" You wanna know whats bothering me!" I snapped, " my whole damn life!"

" I....."

I cut him off and kept speaking, " All my life I've been nothing. No one's every loved me or even cared about me. I know I may sound like I'm only complaining, but if you were never loved, then how would you feel? When I now came here, I thought my life was going to be hell. Especially when I met you, I thought you were gonna bother me everyday, but I was wrong. Maybe my life will get better here, I don't know." Tears danced down from my brown eyes. I sat up and looked at him, " Look I'm sorry for snapping at you." I got up from the car and was about to walk inside when Johnny grabbed me by the hand and hugged me.

" I'm sorry for making fun of you when you came here. You were just so different...so unique."

" It's alright," I said looking at him, " I'm gonna go inside now."

" Yeah," he replied, " okay."

I walked to the door, opened it and looked back at Johnny and smiled. He smiled back, combed his fingers through his hair and started walking. I laughed when he combed his fingers through his hair. My mom and my dad were getting up from the table when arrived inside and looked at me. " We're all done eating sweety," my mom said, " I can get you something to eat on the go, if you'd like."

" Nah, it's alright," I replied.

" Okay then!" my dad said as he walked passed me with my mother. " Come on honey," my said to me.

" Can I walk home?" I asked.

" Sure," my mom answered back.

I headed out of the door and started walking. I saw Johnny sitting on a curb looking at everyone passing by. But when I was about to walk up to him, he got up and started walking down the street. He looked at me and waved, I waved back of course and smiled. He smiled and yelled, " WHAT"S UP?"

I laughed, " Just walking home!"

He ran up to me, and panting he said " Would you like to go to the dance with me?"

" I would love to, " I smiled.

For the first time in my life I felt actually, kind of good. I stared at the stars and smiled. I knew from today that my life was going to get better.

This book has 33 comments. Post your own now!

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 11 at 10:43 pm
So good and so sweet! you're wonderful writer! Keep writing^_^

MyluvzuThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 17 at 10:34 pm
This is an AMAZING BOOK! :)

SUREMELISSA! said...
This is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

ML.Sammy replied...
Thanks guys for commenting;)

nice said...
Good!!:) Like for real, it is!!!:)

HEHEHEyoursofunny said...
This is good, and it is funny!!!:)

YEAHBUDDY! said...
THIS IS AWESOME, YEAH BUDDY!!!:)

Coconut3790 said...
This is great!:)

Cori said...
I just happened to pass by and notice that at the end of all your comments are ':)' lol, but the book is good.:)

LolSunshine said...
This is neat. It's a good book.:)

ILOVECHERRIES!189 said...
Good Book! AND I LOVE CHERRIES!!!:)

JesseJ179 said...
This is really good, and I don't usually like romantic novels. Keep Up the Good Work, ML. Sammy!:)

Lily135 said...
This is one of the best novels for a teenager. I don't know how old you are, but this is definitely above your reading level. You have a good writing sense, and this is good. It could have a little work on it and add more in between characters, but it's really good. Good Job.:)

Sera790 said...
Cool novel:)

Meghan35 said...
Awesome book, this is really you!:)

Kiki145 said...
I know, he might ask me out:) OOOHHHHH! I shouldn't be saying this in publice, lol, love yah, anyway. TEXT ME!!!!!:)

DebroJoPump159 said...
Love this girl!

Ally15 said...
Nice. Anyone But you...nice title.:)

Snakegirl4789 said...
Nice Book. I love the Plot.:)

Kiki145 said...
Hey Pretty! I like this book, and I did NOT know you had an acc. Text me later anyone okkk! Well see you in school tomorrow, gotta tell you something. One word. Saulius!!!