Anyone But You

Author's note: Just entertainment.
Author's note: Just entertainment.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 Next »

Detention?

I slowly walked to the teachers desk, and gulped. It was a very dark room with three fans blowing in different directions. Johnny looked at me and squinted his eyes. I could tell he was raging with anger. I made his girlfriend break up with him and I made his friends ditch him. I felt.....mean. " Um, excuse me?" I questioned.

" Yes," the teacher said with a southern accent, " are you here for detention. Well of course you are. Have seat, and I'll be right with you."

" I'm not," I tried to say, " I came here to talk to you."

" Do you know how many kids say that to me, she replied, " now have a seat, miss!"

I rolled my eyes and took a seat in the back of the room. I put my head on my desk and threw my lunch on the floor. I had lunch plans with that girl, Sandy, but I guess it was canceled. I guess I sort of lost my appetite. I then creeped slowly next to Johnny's desk. He looked at me then turned his head. " Look," I spoke, " sorry for what I did to you. I can get your girlfriend and your friends back."

" Nah it's alright, " he sighed, " sorry for making' fun of you."

" It's fine. I didn't really care anyway."

" If my friends really cared about me they wouldn't have ditched me. And my girlfriend, she only cared if I was cool."

" I'll make a deal with you," I said, " you get me out of here and I'll get you popular again."

" Deal," he replied fixing his hair, " Yo, Miss Baxter!"

" Yes Johnny?" she replied.

" Um, Dawn here, she's not supposed to be in detention. She's not a bad person." Johnny said back.

" Well, Johnny," she replied, " I have never heard you compliment a person like that before."

" Yeah well she's a good student. And she doesn't deserve to be here."

" Okay, Dawn, you may leave now." Miss Baxter said.

" Thanks," I whispered.

" No problem," he whispered back, " Wait Dawn!"

" Yeah?" I asked.

" Let's start over, you wanna be friends?" he questioned.

I smiled, " I would love that."

I walked away from my desk and headed out of the door. I looked back at Johnny and he smiled at me. His smile was actually very....cute. I thought to myself that this friendship couldn't be that bad. He ended up being a good guy and all. He actually apologized to me! The late bell rang and I ran to my other class. But before I knew it, school was over. As I was leaving the school grounds, Johnny came running next to me. " hey," he said.

" Hi!" I replied, " What's up?"

" I just thought I'd walk with you since we were going to the same place," he scratched his head.

" Oh that's fine," I said back.

" Have you thought who you were going to the upcoming dance with?" he asked.

" Dance?" I asked.

" Yeah, the dance."

" No, I'm sort of new to this school, remember. So I don't know anyone except you and your friend, Sandy."

" Ah, Sandy!" he replied, " she's a pain. So annoying!"

I laughed, " You should go with her!"

" Maybe, I don't know yet."

" Maybe you two should go together!" Sandy came out of no where.

" Sandy!" Johnny said hugging her, " how's my best friend doing?"

" I'm doing fine!" she smiled, " hey, Dawn, what happened to our lunch date?"

" Oh, yeah, sorry about that," I spoke, " something came up."

" Yeah, she sorta got put into detention."

" Detention?" she asked with a surprised expression.

" Yeah, long story," I replied.

" Okay well see you guys later!" Sandy exclaimed walking away.

" Well," Johnny said, " I guess we reached our house!'

" Yup," I said opening the door and going in.

" Well, I'll see you later," Johnny said walking away.

I walked to the bathroom, took my hair out and slipped on a dress. Now I hated dresses but I only wore one because my parents and I were going to a restaurant. Was I excited? No, not really, but after eating grilled cheese sandwiches everyday, you sort of want a change in food. But back to my dress. It was a boring white laced dress with a pink flowered belt growing across the hips. I combed my long hair out and dabbed a little bit of pink lipstick on my lips. I looked actually beautiful! I walked out of the bathroom and saw my mom and dad dressed up looking actually decent. I looked across the line and saw Johnny looking at me. He gave me a motion letting me know that I looked good. I smiled at him. After that we walked outside and hopped into the car, and we were on our way to Bistro 33. French and Japanese cuisine combined, couldn't be that bad, I guess.

This book has 33 comments. Post your own now!

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 11 at 10:43 pm
So good and so sweet! you're wonderful writer! Keep writing^_^

MyluvzuThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 17 at 10:34 pm
This is an AMAZING BOOK! :)

SUREMELISSA! said...
This is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

ML.Sammy replied...
Thanks guys for commenting;)

nice said...
Good!!:) Like for real, it is!!!:)

HEHEHEyoursofunny said...
This is good, and it is funny!!!:)

YEAHBUDDY! said...
THIS IS AWESOME, YEAH BUDDY!!!:)

Coconut3790 said...
This is great!:)

Cori said...
I just happened to pass by and notice that at the end of all your comments are ':)' lol, but the book is good.:)

LolSunshine said...
This is neat. It's a good book.:)

ILOVECHERRIES!189 said...
Good Book! AND I LOVE CHERRIES!!!:)

JesseJ179 said...
This is really good, and I don't usually like romantic novels. Keep Up the Good Work, ML. Sammy!:)

Lily135 said...
This is one of the best novels for a teenager. I don't know how old you are, but this is definitely above your reading level. You have a good writing sense, and this is good. It could have a little work on it and add more in between characters, but it's really good. Good Job.:)

Sera790 said...
Cool novel:)

Meghan35 said...
Awesome book, this is really you!:)

Kiki145 said...
I know, he might ask me out:) OOOHHHHH! I shouldn't be saying this in publice, lol, love yah, anyway. TEXT ME!!!!!:)

DebroJoPump159 said...
Love this girl!

Ally15 said...
Nice. Anyone But you...nice title.:)

Snakegirl4789 said...
Nice Book. I love the Plot.:)

Kiki145 said...
Hey Pretty! I like this book, and I did NOT know you had an acc. Text me later anyone okkk! Well see you in school tomorrow, gotta tell you something. One word. Saulius!!!