New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Anyone But You

Author's note: Just entertainment.
Author's note: Just entertainment.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 Next »

Sandy

Johnny and his friends couldn't stop laughing at me for some reason. Their faces looked like a cherry. But I did notice something, Johnny was holding hands with this girl. She had black curly hair and really blue eyes. She had a fair complexion which made her look sort of like Snow White. An idea then popped into my head, I was going to get Johnny back in all the worst ways I could possibly think of, and I was actually smart, unlike him. " Ah, here is the new student," the teacher said, " Dawn Huntsberg?"

" Yes,' I smiled, " I just came from North Carolina."

" How interesting, I have a sister there," the teacher replied, " You can take a seat right next to that young fella right there."

" Thank you," I said. Guess who he seated me by? Johnny! That was the worst spot ever. Why couldn't he have put me in the front with all the nicer people? I slowly walked over to my desk, sat in the metal chair, and rested my bag besides me. Johnny kept kicking my bag and smiling. I was about to punch him, with all the anger than built up in me, but I didn't. Instead I turned around and read the chalkboard, " Mr. Farno," I mouthed. As I was taking a pen out from my bag, Mr. Farno handed me a sheet of paper. It was a test to see what level math I was in. The questions were actually very easy. When I finished, I got up and handed the paper to him. He looked it over and a smile slowly appeared on his face. He rested the paper on his desk and pulled me outside the classroom. " You did phenomenal!" he said smiling, " No one has ever did that well on one of my tests before. But I can't raise your math level yet, because you're new."

" Oh, it's alright," I replied blushing, " math is my best subject."

" Well, I am glad to hear that Miss Huntsberg," he said opening the classroom door to let me in. Now from everyone's expressions, I guess they thought I got in trouble. So I decided to play it out.

" Yo," Johnny whispered," Did you get in trouble?"

" Maybe," I teased, " You would probably know if I got in trouble since you've probably gotten in trouble a million times."

" Yeah I would," he said raising his jacket collar, " that's because I'm cool."

" Sure, in what life?" I turned to face him, " You only act cool because you think girls like that."

" Looks like you've just gotten told," one of his friends said.

" No," he said thinking of a comeback, " I happen to be just..

I cut him off, " Not cool. It's alright I said patting him on his shoulders. Not everyone's cool."

" So," his girlfriend said, " You're not a football player, and you're not cool?"

" Well yes...no," he quickly said grabbing her hand as she was walking away.

" Sorry Johnny, but it's over," she said as she pushed him.

" Dude, you didn't have to act cool to be friends with us. You were already popular. Sorry but this friendship is done," his friend said as he motioned the group to walk away.

I smiled then turned back to him, " See what I can do when you call me hideous and say I have big glasses."

He stuck his middle finger up at me and then pounded his desk. He kicked my bag and walked up to Mr. Farno, only because Mr. Farno saw when he stuck his middle finger up to me. He looked at me and mouthed something, but I didn't understand what he said. I smiled and then got back to work on my math paper. " Is that anyway to treat a lady?" Mr. Farno asked firmly, " Go to detention now!" He slammed the door as he left for detention. " Ms. Huntsberg, if he is bothering you I can mover your seat."

" Umm, no thank you, but I'm fine right here."

" Very well," he said as he sat in his chair. A girl suddenly walked up to me and took Johnny's seat.

" Did you just get Johnny Moore in trouble?" she asked. She looked sort of surprised.

" Yeah," I replied looking at her, " is he like popular or something?'

" Not only is he popular," the girl continued, " but he is every girl's dream man." She touched her heart and closed her eyes.

I looked at her weird and said, " Well his girlfriend just ditched him and so did his friends."

" That's too bad, because Johnny's actually a nice guy once you get to know him better, " the girl smiled.

" Sure," I said, " that's why he was only making fun of me and then stuck his middle finger up to me."

" Well, that doesn't sound like the Johnny I know, maybe he likes ya," she smiled again.

" whatever, I doubt it." I replied looking at the floor.

" Why wouldn't he, you're so pretty and kind," she said, " he'd fall for a girl like you."

" How would you know?"

" Because I'm his friend, we talk all the time, I'm sort of like his sister. But secretly I gotta crush on him." she winked at me.

" Okay," I smiled at her, " you wanna hang later?"

" Sure!" she said happily, " When?"

" Never mind, my life's boring, you wouldn't wanna hang with a girl like me."

" Well how about we eat lunch together, I'll sit at your table."

" Deal!" I smiled.

The bell finally rang for lunch and I quickly walked to my locker. I could see the detention room from where my locker was and I saw Johnny. He looked sad and confused, I sort of felt sorry for him. I felt guilty for everything I did to him, and usually I never felt that way before. I walked to the detention room and opened the door.

twilightbeyoch157 said...
This is good. I like it.:)

kari8 said...
YEAHHH BUDDDDDYYYY!

Cosmicgirl54 said...

NICE!!!!!

larababy54 said...
SO GOOD!!!:)

careybaby said...
Nov. 20, 2011 at 10:46 am:
This is a good book:)

ML.Sammy replied...
Nov. 20, 2011 at 10:47 am :
thank you:)

Lindsey567 said...
Nov. 19, 2011 at 9:37 am:
This is really good:).

mikey78 replied...
Nov. 19, 2011 at 9:38 am :
I agree, though I think some in between characters would be good.

RMS876 replied...
Nov. 19, 2011 at 9:40 am :
yeah, I agree with both of you.

ML.Sammy replied...
Nov. 19, 2011 at 9:41 am :
Thank you guys, and I will add more. I just realized it wasn't all that great:).

RMS876 replied...
Nov. 21, 2011 at 6:43 pm :
But it is great!:)