Anyone But You

Author's note: Just entertainment.
Author's note: Just entertainment.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 12 Next »

Back to North Carolina...Again

The ride back to North Carolina seemed forever. My parents and I unloaded our stuff and unlocked our old house. You would've guessed that someone would've bought it already, but no one did. The house was the same as always, dirty and dusty. I sigh and sit on the ripped sofa. I take my sweater off and put my hand in one of the pockets. I feel something weird in there, but I can't get it. It sort of feels like a piece of folded paper. Finally I get ahold of it and open it curiously. In blue fine print writing it says, Chimney Rock Park. September 15, 1998. I look at it as if it is alien of something unknown. I go to my room and pack my stuff away, then I decide to lie down on my bed. Birds chirping and crickets making music disrupt my thoughts. I take out a pink journal from my drawer which I hardly ever used, and write down something about, Johnny. I can only imagine how sad he is right now, knowing he didn't want me to leave. A tear crawls down my eye like a spider crawling down a wall. With the light beaming down on me and making me feel warm, I decide to take a nap. I awoke after an hour and go down stairs to see what my parents were doing, but they were just lying down on the sofa asleep with a bag of chips scattered all around them. I shake my head in disgust and clean them up. After I was done, I decided to go sit on the front stairs. This was my, "Thinking Spot," as I used to call it. It had a nice view. There was a river running through my backyard and sometimes I would just go there, put my feet in it, and lie down on the fresh cut grass, listening to the birds' songs. That was my, " Relaxing Spot." I smile slowly appeared on my face as I thought about my younger days. There was just something different in the air that just wanted to make you smile all the time. It was a sweet summer smell. It's summer now, and it just doesn't feel the same. School is out and I don't really remember anyone here. " Hey," a young girl said walking up to me, " I'm Joanna."

" Hi, " I smiled, " I'm Dawn."

" Did you just move back?" she asks.

" Yeah," I reply, " why?"

" Just asking. A while back, I would see you sitting on the steps. But then suddenly you disappeared."

I laughed. The girl was probably only eight and there was just something cute about her. Her mother calls her and she skips all the way to her house. Flowers surround their house. I smile and say to myself," Maybe this isn't going to be so bad at all.

This book has 33 comments. Post your own now!

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 11 at 10:43 pm
So good and so sweet! you're wonderful writer! Keep writing^_^

MyluvzuThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 17 at 10:34 pm
This is an AMAZING BOOK! :)

SUREMELISSA! said...
This is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

ML.Sammy replied...
Thanks guys for commenting;)

nice said...
Good!!:) Like for real, it is!!!:)

HEHEHEyoursofunny said...
This is good, and it is funny!!!:)

YEAHBUDDY! said...
THIS IS AWESOME, YEAH BUDDY!!!:)

Coconut3790 said...
This is great!:)

Cori said...
I just happened to pass by and notice that at the end of all your comments are ':)' lol, but the book is good.:)

LolSunshine said...
This is neat. It's a good book.:)

ILOVECHERRIES!189 said...
Good Book! AND I LOVE CHERRIES!!!:)

JesseJ179 said...
This is really good, and I don't usually like romantic novels. Keep Up the Good Work, ML. Sammy!:)

Lily135 said...
This is one of the best novels for a teenager. I don't know how old you are, but this is definitely above your reading level. You have a good writing sense, and this is good. It could have a little work on it and add more in between characters, but it's really good. Good Job.:)

Sera790 said...
Cool novel:)

Meghan35 said...
Awesome book, this is really you!:)

Kiki145 said...
I know, he might ask me out:) OOOHHHHH! I shouldn't be saying this in publice, lol, love yah, anyway. TEXT ME!!!!!:)

DebroJoPump159 said...
Love this girl!

Ally15 said...
Nice. Anyone But you...nice title.:)

Snakegirl4789 said...
Nice Book. I love the Plot.:)

Kiki145 said...
Hey Pretty! I like this book, and I did NOT know you had an acc. Text me later anyone okkk! Well see you in school tomorrow, gotta tell you something. One word. Saulius!!!