Is It Love | Teen Ink

Is It Love

November 11, 2011
By CreativeGurlll SILVER, marlborough, Massachusetts
More by this author
CreativeGurlll SILVER, Marlborough, Massachusetts
5 articles 0 photos 18 comments

Favorite Quote:
never regret a thing cuz everything is meant for a reason


It was dark outside and thundering. I ran up the steps of my dad’s house. He had just bought it for us it was blue with white shudders. It had an old brown door with a window in the middle. All the lights were on as I approached. My parents had recently divorced due to my dad drinking and abusiveness towards my mother. The only reason I had ended up staying with him was that he never once had hurt me. I opened the door and hung up my coat and took off my shoes. The house seemed very quiet
more than usual. This shocked me, usually it was loud with the sounds of the TV or radio, but not tonight. That’s when I heard a loud crash from the kitchen. I ran towards it and I saw my dad standing over a broken liquor bottle.

“Omg, are you alright?” I asked hoarsely.

“You where have you been?” he asked angrily.

“I told you that Christina had that party tonight, remember?” I said confused.

“NO! YOUR LYING TO ME! WHY DO YOU ALWAYS LIE TO ME?” he yelled pushing me into the wall.

“I’m not lying I swear. Your hurting me.”

“NO ALL YOU DO IS LIE!” he kept screaming. Then he hit me and I fell to the ground.


“Dad, wh…” he hit me again. “ Dad please it me Kristen. STOP!” I yelled. Then he looked down and shook his head. He slowly got up and walked away. I got up and realized my nose was bleeding. I ran past him and locked myself in the bathroom and just cried. That was the first time he had ever hit me. I was so scared. Then there was a knock at the door I jumped up. Then there was another knock.

“Who is it?” knowing the answer.

“Honey, its me, I’m so sorry, please come out.”
I hesitantly opened the door, he was standing there his eyes pain stricken.

“Yeah, I.. I’m going to bed. Good night.” I said as I quickly passed him. I went in to my room and shut the door.

The next morning I awoke and my left eye was very swollen so I decided to stay home. I went downstairs and my dad had fallen asleep on the couch clutching a beer bottle. I went in the kitchen and poured myself a bowl of cereal, trying to be very quiet and not wake him up. When I was done I put the bowl in the sink and I went to the bathroom. When I came out, my dad was sitting at the table eating something. He looked up as I walked out. He had that same angry look he had on last night. It scared me half to death to remember what had happened last night.

“Good Morning.” he said eyeing me.

“G…good morning.” I said trying to control my voice.

“Why aren’t you at school today.” he said.

“Why aren’t you at work yet?” I asked, but I should have known that was a bad idea. Had I not learned last night. He slowly rose from his chair and walked to me and backed me so I hit the wall behind me.
I could still smell the alcohol on his breath and I was seriously scared.

“I’m sorry, Do you make the money for this family?” he asked in a deep voice. “ I’m talking to you.” he said right before he hit me. He hit my right in my stomach. It hurt so bad that I just dropped to the ground. Clutching my stomach I tried to crawl away, but he pulled me up.

“Where are you going? I want an answer Katie?” he said. Just at that moment it hit me. He thought I was my mother. I mean I looked just like her and I acted like her. I was the exact same thing, almost like a clone. I hated that now, and I had to convince him that I wasn’t who he thought I was.

“Daddy, its me… Kristen. Mom’s not… here remember.” I said slowly still kinda out of breath. That’s when he released my hair and I just dropped to the ground. I didn’t dare move, I was way too scared. Then he reached down and I jerked away. It caused me great pain in my stomach, but I did anyways just to get away from him. He tried again, but this time I didn’t move, due to too much pain. He slowly picked me up and held me against the wall. I wouldn’t look him in the eyes, but I could feel his stare on me. That’s when I pushed him as hard as I could and I made a run for it. I could hear his footsteps coming fast behind me. I ran as fast as I could, but the pain killed me. I only made it half way up the stairs and I collapsed, everything went black.


I slowly opened my eyes to realize that I wasn’t on the stairs anymore. I had somehow managed to get into my bed. I tried to get up, but a huge pain went spiraling up my back and through my stomach. I remembered the incident about my stomach, but my back I didn’t remember. Again I attempted to get up and this time I fought through the pain. When I went into the bathroom, I realized my nose had dried blood under it and my left eye could barely stay open. When I went to get dressed, that’s when the worst pain came. I went into my bathroom to use my full length mirror and I saw the horror. My whole back was bruised. I touched a bruise and it hurt so bad I could barely stand the pain. Just then I remembered that I crashed out when I was running away from him. He must of caught up to me and beat me more. At that point I went into my room grabbed my backpack and dumped out all my books and started stuffing it with clothes. When I ran out of room in that I grabbed my duffel bag and went into the bathroom and threw in all my necessities. Then I went and put the rest of my clothes inside. Together they weren’t that heavy except the backpack hurt my back so much, but I had to leave. I had to go see my mother. I ran downstairs and check to see if he left and he was gone. I ran into the kitchen and grabbed a book I hid when I we first moved here. It had all my moms info in it so I could keep in touch with her. I quickly called her and told her everything, and she flipped out and told me where she lived, granted it was in another state, she told me there was a bus I could take. I so I went to where my dad kept all his extra money and grabbed about three hundred dollars and left. I managed to reach the bus station just in time to grab the last bus to Kansas. Yes Kansas. That was my mothers home state. She lived in a small town. I sat at the very back of the bus and I had all my stuff on the inside so I could feel if anybody touched my things. Within minutes of boarding and getting settled I fell asleep. I was awoke by the feeling that someone had sat next to me. I opened my eyes slowly and peered over. When I did I met a pair of gorgeous blue eyes. They were the lightest blue I had ever seen.

“Hey, I hope you don’t mind me sitting here. I would sit somewhere else, but they all seem to mature for me. Not that your not like mature I bet you are its just like…”

“No, hey I get it, their all adults and you’re a teenager, so you figure why not sit with another teenager.”


“Exactly. I’m Nickolas , but you can call me Nick ” he said holding out his hand.

“Kristen, nice to meet you.” I said putting my hand into his. They were so soft and he had a good grip. I quickly let go, before he thought I was crazy.

“So, where are you heading?” he asked in an upbeat tone.

“umm…. Kansas. What about you?” I asked kind of curious.

“Me too. Where about?” he asked positioning himself so that he sat with his front towards me.

“Umm…. it’s a little town called Culver. My mom lives there and I’m going to live with her.” I said and when I looked up his expression had changed. it went from upbeat to like excited, genuinely excited.

“No way me too. My parents thought that I could help out one of their old family friends on their farm, I mean granted its more of a punishment than anything, but hey whatever.”

“Wow, talk about weird coincidences.” I said with a laugh. Then we were quiet for a little while. Then he turned towards me and was looking at me. So I turned and looked at him.

“So I know this may sound rude, but do you mind me asking what happened to you?”

“Um… what do you mean exactly?” I said really not wanting to answer his question.

“I may look dumb, but I’m really not. Your running away because….? Now that’s the part im trying to figure out.”

“ There is nothing to figure out. I’m just going to see my mother. I miss her and I need her, you know.” I said kinda trying to avoid the direct question.

“Yeah, I can understand that. So did they get divorced or just taking a break? If you don’t mind me asking that is.” he said with a smile.

“No, they divorced because he um… well he was a drunk and he abused her, so.? I said looking away and feeling so ashamed, because that was me I was the new target of abuse.

“Wow, I’m so sorry, is that what happened to you?” he asked sincerely

“Why do you ask?” I asked then I remembered about my eye. “Maybe.” I said I didn’t actually know if I could trust this guy so I was kinda hasty about this info.

“Its ok really. I can tell even if you don’t tell me. I was abused until I was seven. Then my mom took us away. She was the sweetest person in the world and still is, but I started you know trying different things and she got worried so she figure if she sent me out here it will teach me responsibility you know and it just might.”

“I’m sorry too. And yeah your right my dad I don’t even know he kept saying my moms name I think he thought I was her. I mean I resemble her a lot, like I could probably be her twin. Its strange really. So he hurt me and I tried to get away and I blacked out. Next thing I know im waking up in my bed in so much pain and my back is all messed up and my eye and I just….” at that point I just turned away, so I wouldn’t cry in front of this wicked cute guy.

“Nah, hey I totally get it. But hey at least its summer in about a week so its all good right. You know I heard in Kansas you can get a mad tan, just by being the sun for like two hours a day.” he said what sounded like him trying to make conversation.

“Oh really, you look pretty tan now though.”

“Yeah, I work outside normally, so its kinda a given you know.” he said trying not to be conceded like most guys would be. I honestly thought this guy was different , than most of the jerks back in Washington.

“Yeah, I wouldn’t know.” I said with a little laugh, which kind of hurt my stomach and back.

“Your not that pale. Ok maybe you are, but where are you from?” he asked.

“I’m from Washington. I mean it really never shines there so its understandable. But I mean my friends have tans, I don’t know, maybe I’m just not a tannable kind of person.” it sounded weird, but mostly true.

“Maybe your right you just aren’t tannable.” he said laughing. His laugh was perfect just like the rest of him. I couldn’t believe I was this lucky. After that he became quiet as did I. All of a sudden I got very tired and I fell fast asleep. I was woken up by something moving under my head. I opened my eyes slowly and I saw a blue fuzzy sweatshirt in my face. I tried to lifted my head and realized it was Nick’s sweatshirt. I had fallen asleep on his shoulder and he had his head rested upon mine. I couldn’t believe this. It was like a scene out of a movie and I was the lead role. I slowly tried to pull my head out without waking him up, but that didn’t work. He lifted his head groggily and stretched. I did the same thing and yawned as well. He looked over and smiled and I returned it. Again we sat there in silence for a long while. Finally the driver came on the loud speaker saying, “Culver, Kansas next stop. We will be arriving in fifteen minutes.”

“Yes, finally I can’t wait to see my mom.” I said excitedly.

“Yeah, well I have no reason to be that excited. I mean I’m going to work for someone I barely remember and I cant have those fun conversations with a girl I just met.” he said swinging a smile in my direction. I just laughed like a flattered little girl, and I’m pretty sure I was blushing too.

“Yeah, well maybe you and this girl will bump in somewhere. Rumor is she is going to the same town.” I said messing with.

“Yeah, I can only hope.” he said I wasn’t expecting that one though. I just looked away and smiled to myself. Then the conductor announced we were getting off.

“Well, see ya. Hopefully.” he said and flashed me one more quick smile.
“Me too.” was all I said before grabbing my stuff and going the opposite direction. I was walking only a few feet and then I heard my name being yelled.

“Kristen! Kristen turn around!” I heard from behind me. I slowly turned around to see my mother a few feet away. At that moment I dropped everything and ran to give her a hug. When we hit bodies I gasped in pain and winced a few times while hugging her. It had been a while since we had seen each other and I missed her so much. We walked back to get my stuff hand in hand. I was afraid if I didn’t hold her she would just disappear. She carried the backpack and the duffel bag while I carried her purse, which was pretty light. We hopped in her explorer and drove to my aunts house where they were staying. As we pulled in I remembered it from a trip she took me on. As I got out of the car my aunt and a big massive sized mountain dog came running outside.

“Oh, my gosh! Look how much you’ve grown.” she said as she gave me a big hug, which I told her not to give too hard. “ Oh how are you feeling? I can’t believe this. Well looks like someone has made a fast friend.” she said as the dog approached me and automatically started rubbing my leg and licking me. I laughed and pet her.

“Yeah, I know last time I saw you I was only ten, wow that was almost seven years ago. Ha, what’s her name?” I asked.

“Actually this is Sammy and it’s a boy.” she said laughing at me.

“Oh, my bad. So how are things?” I asked honestly interested. My aunt had just divorced this really dumb guy like two years ago. He wasn’t mean or anything, just stupid mostly.
“Eh, thing are ok. I actually just hired a new helper so, it will be ok, and now that you’re here things should be great. I hope you like animals.”

“Oh, yeah I live for them.” I said petting Sammy.

“Great. And we have a surprise for you too, but you have to get settled first. So follow me. You even get your own room. Well it won’t be all yours, Sammy will probably invade it.” she said with a chuckle.

“That’s fine with me.” I said as I followed her. My mom had gone to feed the chickens, or so she said. We finally reached a room. It was big and bright, with a balcony. I couldn’t believe this. It was such a nice room I immediately fell in love with it.

“So, what do you think?” she asked as she helped me put my things down.

“I absolutely love it.” I said enthusiastically.

“Yeah, well that’s good. So do you want to rest a while or what?” she asked.

“Hmm… I’m not too sure. I think I wanna see that surprise.” I said.
So she led me to the living room, where she then blind folded me. Then she began to lead me somewhere. I couldn’t tell where except the fact that it smelled funny. Then we entered a building. I heard lots of snuffing sounds, at that point she told me to take it off. When I did standing in front of me was a huge white horse. She was beautiful.

“Oh… I… I cant believe this.” I said reaching out to pet her. She was so perfect. I turned around to hug my aunt, which she returned along with a huge smile. Just then a car pulled in and a tall black haired boy hopped out, along with a brown haired guy. When the guy with black hair turned around I almost fainted. Just then he looked up and I caught his eye. He came running in and both my aunt and the man watched as Nickolas came and hugged me like we had known each other for years. I pulled away due to the pain that shot up my back, which I cursed at silently.

“Holy, crap I didn’t realize you would be here.” he said very excited.

“I know, I thought you were going to work at an old family friends,” said Kristen. Just then the man went over and hugged my aunt. Then my mom walked in and hugged him too. Nick and me were extremely confused by this.



“Oh hi. You must be the new helper we are so anxious to meet. Your uncle has told us a lot about you. Lets hope we get a lot of work done, which I don’t think will be a problem.” said my aunt. She had always had a way with kids. She was much like a teenager herself, she is only twenty-seven. My mother on the other hand was thirty six. Almost ten years difference, but they had almost identical names and got along great. My moms being Katie and my aunts being Kristy. Both starting with the same letter and sounding kinda of similar. Then I came into the mix of things my name being a K too. So similar to my aunts it got confusing sometimes. Then my aunt, my mom and Nick’s uncle, who never really introduced himself, started talking me and Nick decided to go for a little walk around the farm. It was pretty big and beautiful.



“ Wow. This place is pretty big, huh?” he said turning his head towards me.



“Mhm… I love it though. I remember I came here with my mother for a vacation. I just fell in love with it here.”



“Yeah. You seem like the outdoorsy type. Ah well im really not about working this summer, but I don’t think I will have a problem anymore.” he said smiling in my direction. I just turned my face away and blushed.
At that point I turned around and I started headed back to the barn, and he followed right behind me. When we reached the barn I realized that they were all still talking to Nickolas’s uncle. About ten minutes later they all said their goodbyes including Nickolas who would be coming and working on the farm tomorrow. He gave me one last hug gently and hopped into the truck and left. I was left standing there watching him driving out the driveway and down the street. When I turned around my mom and aunt were both laughing.



“What?” I asked not realizing.



“Oh nothing. Its just how do you two know each other?” asked my mom trying to keep a straight face.




“Oh we rode the train here together. We talked about a lot actually.” I said mindlessly.




“Oh really. I can see you two hit it off. Ha he totally likes you and I think someone likes him back. I mean don’t get me wrong he is good looking, but from what his uncle told us he is a pretty hard core kid. that’s why his parents sent him here. He was getting into trouble in his old town. So they signed him up for an enlisting into the army, but they never responded, so his uncle decided to step in and vouch for him to work.”

“Wow, that sucks they tried to send him to the military. Hmm… that really is bad , but he seems better now.”


“Yea, but honey we just don’t want you to get hurt.” said my mom.


“I know that and thanks.”
At that point I became really tired and went upstairs and collapsed on my bed without changing and getting unpacked. I didn’t wake up all night, but was awoken very early. It was very sunny when my eyes flickered open and noticed someone had opened the big curtains. I slowly sat up and heard voices downstairs. When I got up I wa son my way to the bathroom and I heard footsteps behind me, when I turned around I ran into a big tall person. It definitely wasn’t my aunt or mom, so I looked up to see a big grinned Nickolas staring down at me. I slowly back up and rushed into the bathroom, knowing that I looked horrible. When I got in there I turned around and saw that I had never changed from last night and my hair was going in a few different directions. I was horrified and embarrassed. I peeked out the door to see if he had gone down stairs and I crept into my room. Then I dug through my bag and found a cute pair of cut off denim shorts and a cute pink tank top. I then ran back to the bathroom and took a shower and got dressed. Then I went back to my room and straightened my hair, then proceeded to do my makeup. When I thought I looked presentable I went downstairs, to find my aunt, mom, and Nick sitting down to eat breakfast. I entered the kitchen and sat in the only chair left, which happened to be right in front of Nickolas. As I sat he smiled at me and I returned it. We were having pancakes, bacon, and or eggs. My aunt was an amazing cook as well as my mom. I would never go hungry here.


“How did you sleep?” asked my mom.


“Oh, fine, what about you?” I asked back.



“Good you were out like a light, when I went in to talk to you, you must have been really tired.” she said sounding concerned a little.



“No im fine really.” I said getting a little agitated about talking about this in front of Nick.



“Are you sure, cause if not…”



“ I said I’m fine OK!” I said pushing from the table and going out the back door. I had no idea what caused me to act like that, but I did. I went and ran to the barn to see my horse. When I got there I noticed that Sammy had been with me the whole time. I sat down in the dirt and he sat with me. I began to pet him aimlessly. It was nice and bright out today a good day to get a tan, so I shut my eyes and began to feel the burning of the sun on my skin. Then at once it had disappeared. I opened my eyes and Nickolas was standing above me holding two plates. He handed one to me and sat down across from me with the other one. I looked at my plate and it had a pancake on it with a strip of bacon. Just the way I like it. I looked up at him and he smiled and began to chew his food.



“Thank you, you didn’t have to do that.” I said taking a bite of the pancake.



“Trust me I know how parents can get on your nerves. I figured you were hungry, so I just asked what you usually like and threw it on the plate.” he said taking another bite of his food.



“Yeah, she is just acting weird now, she never used to act like this.”



“ Mm… maybe it has to do with what happened in Washington.” he stated.



“ Oh I think it does, but how many times do I have to say I’m fine.”



“Nah I totally get it, I mean I never answered my mom and now look where I am, not that I don’t totally like it.” he said flashing a smile over in my direction. I returned it and we finished eating in silence. Then I we got up and went in the house. I apologized to everyone for my outburst and they all excepted it willingly. At that point my mom took Nickolas and was going to show him what he had to do for work. I on the other hand went with my aunt into town to pick out some stuff for me, like bathroom materials and what not. When they say small town they mean it. It only had a post office, a bank, and two or three stores. It only took us twenty minutes to go into all three of the stores and we were headed home. My aunt even let me drive home. I had gotten my license exactly six months ago which was a great accomplishment. When we got home I saw that Nickolas had my horse out of his stall. I jumped out of the truck and went over to see what he was doing.



“ Hey!” I said waving.




“ Hi. She’s beautiful.” he said stroking the horse.
I went over and opened the fence and headed towards him. The horse stayed perfectly still has I pet her back.




“ Yeah she is isn’t she. I love her.” I said stroking her mane.


“Have you named her yet?” he asked stroking her mane as well. His hand only inches from mine.


“ No. I can’t think of a good one.” I said.


“ Mhm… do you want some help?” he asked with a smile.


“ I guess so, but it has to be good.” I said smiling back at him.


“ Ok, here it goes, Snow White, or Celeste. What about those?” he said.


“ Celeste, that’s perfect.” I said stroking her back.


“ I’m glad to be of service.” he said putting hand very close next to mine.
I just stood there petting Celeste and smiling. Then I decided to go inside and let him finish his work alone. I went in and noticed a note on the table saying my aunt and mom had to go to a town over to settle a deal and that they would be back later tonight, they said that I should be ok by myself all the way out here. So, I decided to make myself and Nickolas lunch and I brought out two sandwiches. He was now stacking hay in the barn. I walked in and set the plate on the table and went over to stand by his side. I tried to throw one bale of hay up into the catcher ,but it came flying right back on top of us and we both fell laughing. When I rolled over Nickolas’s face was right in mine. I didn’t know what to do at that point. I just sat there and he began to push his face closer to mine and I sat perfectly still. Then we heard a polite cough behind us and he pulled away fast and helped me up. Then I turned around to see Nick’s uncle standing in front of us.



“Well you two look like your having fun.” he said with a deep chuckle.



“It was mostly my fault, I was trying to help him, and well lets just say I cant.” I said laughing.



“Well, I’m Jim, you must be Kristen.” he said shaking my hand.



“Well, Nickolas we better get going.” he said “ meet me at the truck ok, it was nice to meet you.” he said turning and going back to his truck.



“ Well I guess I will see you tomorrow then.” he said approaching me.



“ Yeah, I guess you will.” I said staying still to see what he was going to do. Then he came and hugged me. I hugged him back and he smelled so good, like shampoo and musky. I let go first and he walked out. I went back inside and sat on the couch. No more than five minutes there I fell asleep. The next few days were the best of my life, Nickolas had been here everyday and we were flirting so much it was great. I still couldn’t get over the fact that he liked me. Yesterday as a matter of fact he came so close to kissing me, but my aunt walked in on us in the barn. Granted she got the hint and left, but by then he had started to go back to work. Sadly though today was Sunday which meant Nickolas didn’t have to work today, so I figured today would be a good day to ride Celeste. I went and saddled her up and hopped on. We went all around the farm and went up a little trail and then decided to come home. When we reached the house, I noticed a black truck in the yard. I hopped off Celeste and brought her back to her stall. I then walked over to the yard to see my mom and Nickolas talking. I ran over behind Nickolas and covered his eyes with my hands.



“Hmm… I wonder who this could be?” he said laughing, obviously he knew it was me. He grabbed my hands and turned around. Still holding my hands he smiled and pulled me into a hug. Then I noticed my mom had winked at me and went into the house. When he finally let me out of the hug he grabbed my hand and led me towards the open area, which was a large field with a lot of flowers.

“ So, what do you have planned for the night?” he asked me, looking straight ahead.



“Nothing. Why?” I asked nervously and excitingly.



“ Will you go to dinner and movie with me?” he asked turning his head towards me.



“ Uh… I have to ask my mom…”



“Already did.” he said with a grin.



“Then yes definitely.” I said excitedly.



“Ok. Great, then I will be back here around six, is that good?” he asked with a huge smile on his face.



“Yeah that’s good.” I said. He then led me back to the house and hugged me and left. I went inside star struck and my aunt and mom were laughing. I then joined in and we had a laugh fest together. I then went upstairs and picked out my cutest outfit I had brought with me. It was a light blue sundress and a pair of sandals to match. I went and took a shower and curled my hair and did my makeup. When I came downstairs he was waiting in the living room. He stood up and was dressed in a white button down shirt and black nice pants. Plus he had spiked his hair and I loved it.



“Wow you look amazing,” he said coming and giving me a hug.



“Thanks you don’t look so bad yourself.” I said returning the hug.
At that point I told everyone we were leaving and they said how good we looked and we went and got into his truck. He took me into a town about two towns over that was a lot bigger than ours. It had multiple restaurants and a couple of designer cloth stores and it had a movie theatre. He took me to a nice restaurant and then took me to a scary movie. By the time we got out of the movie it was around eleven thirty. He decided to bring me home before curfew to win a few extra points, but I doubt he needed it. We had multiple conversations throughout the night, but this last one seemed to have stroked a cord in both of us.



“So, what exactly does Kristen want to do after leaving here?” he asked smiling.



“Honestly, I really might wanna just stay here for a long time.” I said actually being serious.



“Hmm… interesting.” he said thoughtfully.


“What about you I mean you could do anything. You probably graduate in what like a year right. That’s when I graduate.” I said kind of rambling.


“Actually I already graduated, I’m nineteen.” he said looking over at me.

“Really?” I said looking over at him.

“Yeah, I thought I told you that.” he said.

“No, you left that tiny part out, I’m only sixteen.”
He said nothing and just kept driving. We finally reached my house and no lights were on. I was kinda glad. He came around the door and opened it and helped me out of the truck. He walked me around back and I went and sat in the rocking couch. He followed and sat next to me. He then grabbed my hand and I held his tight.

“I’m sorry.” he said, “ If it’s a problem then it can be over, honestly I will understand.” he said staring our entwined hands.

“Hey, no I don’t care about age. Honestly its just a number and I really like you.” I said looking in his beautiful blue eyes.
That’s when he began to lean in and I did as well. He put his other empty hand on my neck and I put my hand on the side of his face. His lips finally met mine and they were so soft. It was perfect and he kept kissing me and I probably turned three shades of red, but I didn’t care. Then my phone went off saying it was time to be home. We both got up and he gave me one more kiss and left. I went inside and took a nice long hot shower and couldn’t wait for tomorrow.



I was awaked by the nice smell of hot bacon on the stove. I got dressed and ran downstairs and sat waiting for my plate. When I got it I scoffed it down and was stuffed.

“So, last night?” my aunt nudged.

“Last night. It was so romantic and he is Uhh… I don’t even know, perfect. I said giggling a little.

“Oh yeah, did he at least get first base in?” my mom asked.

“I cant tell you that. But I will say he uses peppermint toothpaste.” I said laughing while walking outside.
When I got out there Nickolas was just getting out of the truck and he happened to peer over at me. I ran towards him and he dropped his things and grabbed me into his arms. Then I looked up and he kissed me again.

“How did you sleep last night?” he asked taking my hand.

“Great and you?” I asked squeezing his hand.

“Awesome, a little anxious.” he said sending me a smile.

“Oh really.” I said turning on him and kissing him. He kissed back until he heard the door beginning to open and he pulled away and just took my hand. I must have been blushing because my aunt and mom had come out laughing. Then he went to work and I helped.
Over the next few weeks everything just got better and better between him and me. . It had been over a two months and we falling hard for each other. He even told me he loved me a few days ago and I returned it as we laid under the stars in each others arms. This my first real boyfriend that I could call mine. All the others usually used me to get to one of my friends, but not this one he was different. There was some kind of connection like the ones you see in the movies. I just couldn’t believe it. That’s all I could think about till finally sleep took me over. The next morning I awoke later than usual and I realized I was way over working myself. I got up and went directly into the bathroom and took a nice hot shower. I got out and got dressed and didn’t bother to do my hair or makeup. I was gonna go for the all natural look today. When I went downstairs I found a plate of breakfast with a little note under it.
We didn’t want to wake you, because we thought you needed the rest. So here’s a plate of the lovely breakfast I made you. Enjoy!! When you are done you should go out and feed the other horses, including your own and try to pick up the house a bit for us. We don’t ask a lot from you, so do this little for us.

I took my breakfast and walked around downstairs and decided to sit and watch TV. while I ate. There was barely anything on. When I was done I did the dishes and vacuumed every room in the house. Then I put on my rain boots, to go and feed and clean up the horses and their stalls. I walked inside and noticed Celeste wasn’t in her stall. It looked like the latch was broke right off. I went to every other stall to see if the same had happened to them and noticed theirs were all perfectly fine.

As I walked outside there was no sign of her. I walked towards the other door and I couldn’t see her anywhere. I even called her name like twenty times through each door. Then I heard tire tracks coming up the driveway. I ran towards the outside thinking it was my aunt or mum, but it was Nickolas. He came directly over to me and went to kiss me when I turned around.

“Did I do something?” he asked sounding confused.

“No.” I said turning around and pecking him on the lips. I could tell that’s not the type of kiss he had in mind, but I had bigger things on my mind.

“What’s a matter with you?” he asked looking concerned.

“Its Celeste. I went to feed her and clean out her stall and she is gone, I think she busted out of her stall.” I said tears coming to my eyes.

“Lets go and check it out.” he said putting his arm around my waist and pulling me with him to check out the stall. “ O yeah, she defiantly broke out of here, there’s no doubt it.” he said looking up at me.

“Follow me.” I said. He did and we took two other horses out and saddled then up. I mounted the horse as well as he did. We took off to go find her. It must have been over two hours and the sun was about to set.

“Maybe we should head back its gonna get dark soon.” he said coming and riding close to me.

“I can’t just leave her out here somewhere.” I said as soon as I finished my sentence we heard a cry. It wasn’t a person that’s for sure, but we didn’t exactly know what it was. I started to head over there and that’s when I saw her beautiful white body laying motionless on the ground. I screamed for Nickolas and I jumped off the horse and raced to Celeste. Nickolas was right there with me.

“O my gosh! She’s been hurt.” said Nickolas.

“By What?!? I asked panicking.

“Looks like a wolf or a mountain lion. It clearly attacked her leg then went for here stomach.”

“No!!” I yelled hugging against her tight. I felt her breathe heavily. “ She’s still alive.” I said jumping up.

“Where are you going?” Nickolas asked confused.

“Im going to get help for my horse, you come or stay.” I said mounting my horse.

“I will stay in case the animal tries to finish her off. Just hurry up.” he said sitting down near her face.

“Don’t worry girl I will.” I said taking one last look at her then flying back to the ranch.

I ran up the steps and ran into Nickolas’s uncle with my mum and aunt.

“Help…Celeste… Woods… Hurt…Nickolas…” I said trying to catch my breathe.

“Slow down, honey” said Jim trying to calm me down. “Explain.”

“I went to feed the horses and clean there stalls and I noticed Celeste had broken out of her stall. Then Nickolas showed up so we went looking for her and I found her an she has been attacked on her leg and stomach we gotta go now!! I promised her I was gonna help her.” I said sternly through the tears rolling down my face.

My aunt and Nickolas’s uncle grabbed the truck and me and my mum rode the horse. I made the horse go as fast a I could. We got there and I jumped off before the horse even came to a complete stop. I noticed Nickolas wasn’t were I left him. Instead he was sitting up against a tree with his shirt off.

“Nick, where is your shirt?” asked his uncle.
He pointed to the horses stomach. I noticed the blue shirt wrapped around as much as possible around the wound.

“You like you have been crying.” I said walking over to him.

“Yeah.” he said. “ listen to me…”
Before he could finish, my mum stood up from the horse and sighed and looked at my aunt, then at Nick’s uncle. They both turned around and headed back to the truck.

“Kristen.” my mum said. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes.

“I got this.” said Nick from behind me.
My mom turned around and walked over to the horse and took off.

“As I was saying listen to me. The wounds were just so deep and…”
I felt the tears going streaming down my faces. He grabbed me up into his arms and I sobbed into his shoulder. I fell to the ground and took him with me. We sat like that for a good ten minutes. Then I got up and went over to Celeste and hugged her head and told her “ I love you.” I walked back over to Nick and kissed him lightly. He grabbed my hand and we mounted the horse him in the front. When we get home everybody is outside by the truck.

“How are you sweetie?” asked my mom gathering me in a hug.”

“I know she is better there, I wouldn’t have wanted her to suffer.”

“That’s my girl” said my mom kissing the top of my head.

“Well, Katie, I gotta head out of here, I got a big day tomorrow, so Nickolas say bye and meet me at the truck.” Jim said hugging my aunt and my mom.

“We will meet you inside Kristen.” said my aunt.
I walked over to the porch and leaned up against it. Nick followed right behind me. He grabbed my hand and kissed it, which made me giggle.

“I’m so sorry about today.” he said softly.

“Its alright, really.” I said looking into his eyes.

“I love you.” he said looking deep into my eyes.

“I love you too.” I said leaning more and more towards him.
He met me the rest of the way and kissed me. But this time it was different, it was almost a scared kiss. Almost like he wasn’t gonna see me again. It kinds scared me, but I kissed him back. He finally pulled away and smiled. I returned it and he turned around and left. After the truck was gone I went inside and flopped on the couch.

“Hey there.” said mom.

“Hi.” I said.

“How you holding up?” she asked.

“Fine, I guess it was just her time to go.” I said smiling at my mom.

“Well go get some sleep we have a big day tomorrow.” she said getting up and kissing my head.

“Why what’s tomorrow?” I asked curiously.”

“O you will find out soon enough.” she said half smiling half sighing.

“Ok… then good night.” I said hugging her and heading to my room. I immediately fall asleep and have a dreamless sleep.


I awoke the next morning and got dresses anxious for this big day we were supposed to have. I went downstairs and my mom and aunt were sitting there looking back and forth between each other.

“Good morning freaks.” I said walking by and grabbing an apple.

“Freaks? that’s always nice to call your family.” said my aunt laughing.

“I know.” I said laughing.
Then I heard tires coming up the driveway and rushed outside to see Nick. Only this truck was different. A taller boy with sandy blonde hair like mine jumped down and grabbed his suitcase from the back. He hugged the man driving and hopped down. The man waved to me, but I didn’t wave back. I turned around to see my mother waving to him. He pulled away and the guy came closer and closer. He dropped his suitcase and ran to my mother. He pulled her into an embracive hug and my mom held him tight. I just stood there confused.

“Um… is this another helper, ‘cause I don’t know this one.” I said.

“Actually im your brother.” he said coming and giving me a hug.

“What!?” I said pushing him away.

“I’m Jason.” he said putting out his hand.
Then Nick pulled up and came to my side.

“Hey.” said Jason.

“Hi?” said Nick. I could tell he was hesitant and confused.

“I’m her brother Jason.”

“O, I didn’t realize she had a brother.” he said looking down at me.

“That’s because she didn’t even know.” threw in my aunt.

“This is my uh…my” I actually didn’t know what we were.

“Boyfriend, Nick.” he said smiling down at me.

“O” he said.

“Well Jason if you will follow me.”

“Hold on. Mom don’t you wanna explain this maybe.” I said.

“Well Jason was conceived with my first husband Joe. We were high school, sweethearts and we got married right out of high school. Then along cam Jason.” she said rubbing his back. “ then me and Joe started having problems and we ended up splitting apart and he took Jason. Then about four years later you were conceived.”


“And why didn’t you ever tell me about him?” I asked getting upset.

“Well we didn’t want you to get mixed up in the whole situation.”

“Right ‘cause I don’t have a right to meet my own freaking brother!” I said pulling away from Nick and running into the house and slamming the door shut.

“Is she always like this?” asked Jason.

“Well she has her moments.” said my aunt.

“O ok then by the way hi Auntie Katy.” said Jason giving her a hug.

“Im gonna go and see her.” said Nick bowing out going into the house.
I was laying flat on my stomach when Nick walked in. He came in and sat on the edge of the bed. I rolled over and pulled him down next to me. I laid flat on his chest and listened to his heartbeat. He started playing with my hair and I laughed and looked up at him. He was looking back at me.

“I love you.” he said.

“That was random, but I love you too.” I said back kissing him lightly.

“Lets go.” he said getting up and pulling me out a the bed.

“Where are we going?” I asked curiously.

“Put your bathing suit on and meet me downstairs.” he said kissing me on the head and shutting the door, before I had a chance to ask what we were going to do. I found my suit and put it on and rushed downstairs. He was waiting outside on the porch with mom, aunt, and brother.

“Ok, so where we going?” I asked.

“I will have her back by curfew.” he said grabbing my hand and waving to everyone.

“Bye guys.” said my mom and aunt. Jason just stood and watched me leave.
It takes about a half hour to get to a dirt path. He picks me up outs the truck and throws me over his shoulder. At first we are walking then he throws my towel and his shirt off to the side and begins running and then we splashed into the water. I screamed of the coldness and he laughed.

“Its so dam cold.” I said.

“O don’t be a baby now.” he said inching closer.
Then as he was just about to kiss me I dunked him under water. He came up and I tried to swim away as fast as I could, but he caught up to me. He turned me around and kissed me. Then we heard a few car doors and I pulled away.

“NICK!!!” two guys yelled out as they cannon balled into the water.

“HEYY!!” yelled Nick back at them. They swam over to us and they high five him.

“Where you been all summer?” asked one of them.

“With my girl.” he said flashing a smile my way.

“Hey.” said the other one. “ Im Paul.”

“Hi. Im Kristen,” I said.

“And this dummy is Zach.” he said dunking him under water.

“Hey.”
Then from the shoreline I could see three very skinny girls sit down. They all slowly make there way into the water. One goes directly to Paul.

“You remember Amber.” said Paul.

“Hey.” said Nick. “ this is my girlfriend Kristen.”

“Hi.” she said kinda quiet.

“Hey.”
The other two go over by Zach and Nick.

“And you remember Kate.” said Zach kissing her cheek.

“Yup, this is my girlfriend Kristen.”

“Hey nice to meet you.” she said putting her hand out.

“Same.” I said shaking her hand.
The last one was just standing there looking at Nick.

“And you obviously know Alicia.” said Zach.

“Mhm.” said Nick. This is my girl Kristen.”

“O well hello Kristen.” she said kinda meanly.

“Hey.” I said.

“So how long have you two been together?” asked Kate.

“Um… Like the whole summer basically.” said Nick.

“O so it’s just one of those summer flings.” said Alicia.

“Naw. Its more than that.” I said. “Hopefully.” I said with a smile.

“Aw. You guys are so cute.” said Kate beaming.
From the corner of my eye I could see Alicia scolding. I was sort of beginning to think that she had some sort of crush on Nick. I mean he has been here before.

“So, whose hungry.” asked Zach.
Everybody said they were so we all got out and dried off the best we could. Nick dried me off and I was giggling the whole time. I really liked Kate she was so sweet, the kind of girl you want as your best friend.

“Ok so we have a car and a truck, whose going where.” asked Paul.

“O I want Kristen with us.” yelled Kate latching onto my arm. I couldn’t help but smile.

“Ok so that means Alicia and Nick take to truck. Lets head out.” said Zach getting in the driver seat with Paul in the passenger side. Amber sits behind Paul and Kate next to her. I got over and see Nick before I go get in the car.

“Ok, so I will meet you there.” says Nick.

“Ok.” I said. He kisses my head and hops into the truck.
As they pull out I swear I say Alicia laughing at me. I went over to the car and got inside.

“So, are you just visiting or staying permanently?” asked Kate.

“Um… permanently, with my mom.” I said.

“That’s awesome, welcome to our gang.” said Zach.
“Really?” I asked.

“Of course, girly we are gonna be best friends.” said Kate.

“Yeah, your pretty chill, I like you.” said Amber.

“Wow, thanks guys.” I said laughing.

“What about Alicia?” asked Paul.

“Ah, she will get over it.” said Kate nonchalantly.

“Why does Alicia not like me or something?” I asked.

“Well you see before Nick left, Alicia and him were a pretty

serious thing. They were together I say about two years close to three. Then before he left she dumped him and he looked like a lost puppy, for a s long as he was still here. After he left she felt horrible. She tried every attempt to get him back, but he refused to talk to her. Until now I guess.” explained Kate.

“O wow I had no idea.” I said thinking of how they were in a car together alone.

“Yeah, but don’t worry I can tell he is crazy about you.” said Paul who had turned around to hear the story.

“Thanks, he is awesome.” I said sweetly.

“uh… here we are.” said Zach parking and turning off the car.

“I don’t see Nicks truck anywhere. You should call him.” said Amber.

“Aright.” said Zach.
We waited and waited but nothing. He didn’t answer his cell and he never showed up to the restaurant. We decided to go in and eat without them. I was getting concerned more and more each minute. Then he called Zach’s cell and told us he went to the wrong place he would be here in a minute.

“Hey guys sorry Alicia told me we were going to Big Mikes.” he said running over to us.

“I told Alicia we were going to Al’s.” said Paul.

“Didn’t you get my text, Kate, I texted you saying we should go to Big Mikes. My phone said you got it so I assumed you were coming, but you never showed up so we thought we otta eat with out you.” said Alicia smiling a devilish smile.

“Its ok, it don’t matter as long as we all ate.” said Nick. “I’m sure it was just a big ol’ mistake. Well we better get going.” he said turning towards me.
Kate and Amber came over to me and hugged me and we exchanged numbers because they wanted to hang out tomorrow or the next day. Alicia just stood there. Paul and Zach waved and grabbed their girls hands and headed to the car.

“Well, thanks for dinner, it was great catching up with you Nick.” she said coming and giving him a big hug.

“Sure anytime.” he said hugging her back.

“Well see ya around… hopefully.” she said with a giggle and he laughed too. I went over and grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the truck.

“Aren’t you gonna say bye.” he asked.

“No.” I said releasing his hand and getting in the truck.

“Well that was fun. Wasn’t it.” he said turning on the radio.

“Mhm.” I said as “Secrets” came on . I turned the radio up so loud the truck parts rattled. Nick reached over to grab my hand and I just let it sit there. He squeezed it, but I didn’t do anything back. I just sat there singing and looking out the window. We finally reached my house and he cut the engine and we both just sat there. I was the first one to move and I pulled my hand free from his and jumped out of the truck. He did the same and followed right behind me.

“Did I do something im not aware I did?” he asked stepping in front of me.

“No.” I said I had very little to say to him right now.

“Then what’s the matter with you?” he asked concerned.

“Headache.” I said. “ Can I just go in and go to bed please?” I said trying to sound ok.

“Ok, I will see tomorrow then?” he said in a question sort of way.

“Sure” I said looking down.

“Ok, well I love you.” he said. Putting his finger under my chin and lifting it up so I was looking into his eyes. He bent down and kissed me so gently it almost didn’t feel like he even kissed me.

“Good night” I said and walked into my house and went straight to bed.
I woke up the next morning and went downstairs. I had two messages. One from Kate and the other from Nick. Kate wanted me to call her ASAP. Nick wanted to know if he could come and see me. I called Kate back and she said she is coming over and we are gonna going to hang out. I didn’t bother to call Nick back. I was still a little p.o’ed about the whole its ok that I went all along with the girl I used to be madly in love with and then let her lie through her teethe and stick up for her. Then let her flirt with you right in front of me and it seems like you flirt right back. Just then the doorbell rang. I ran to get it and Kate gave me a hug.

“What’s up?” she asked.

“Not much, I’m so glad you called. Follow me we can go to my room.”

“Aright.” she said as she followed me up to my room we went inside and shut the door.

“Can I ask you a question and trust you not to say anything?” I asked seriously.

“Of course. You can totally trust me.” she said grabbing my hand.

“Ok so was it me being paranoid or…”

“Was Alicia flirting with Nick.” she said finishing my sentence.

“Exactly, so I wasn’t losing my mind or paranoid.” I said sounding relieved.

“Not at all. To be perfectly honest I don’t really like Amber or Alicia. They are so blah, especially Amber she is so dam quiet and Alicia is just plain mean and stuck up, as you saw.” explained Kate.

“Yeah I saw. Nick was all concerned last night because I was barely talking to him or anything. I was just so aggravated because after you guys walked to the car she was flirting with him right in front of me then she hugged and ugh…”

“Its ok you have every right to be angry. I would be too. She actually used to like Zach, but I set her straight.” she said lightly punching my arm.

“He called me this morning. I wasn’t awake and didn’t really want to call him back either. Does that make me a bad girlfriend?” I asked.

“Nope not in my book.” she said with a laugh that seemed to be contagious.

We were laughing so hard we didn’t even hear the car come up the driveway. Then I heard the doorbell, and we went to answer it. When I opened the door it was Zach and Nick. I looked over at Kate at the same time she looked at me.

“Hey.” said Zach breaking the awkward silence.

“Hey cutie.” said Kate kissing him.

“Hi” I said kissing Nick on the cheek.

“Are you any better today?” he whispered in my ear.

“I don’t know yet.” I said pulling back.

“So what you guys doing today?” asked Zach.

“Nothing. Why?” I said.

“Wanna go to the lake?” asked Nick.

“O that sounds like fun.” said Kate nudging me.

“Sure why not.” I said trying to sound like I was enthused about it.

“Ok we will be out in a bit.” she said shutting the door and dragging me to my room.

“Ok how many bathing suits did you bring with you?” she asked.

“Three one pieces. Why?” I asked curiously.

“Did u bring any bikini’s?” she asked.

“No I didn’t think I would need them.” I said now wishing I had brought them.

“Ok well we are relatively the same size.” she said digging into her bag. “Here go put this on.” she said handing me a pink string bikini.

“Ok.” I said as I went into the bathroom. When I came out she was waiting in her black bikini.

“Wow you look wicked good.” she said praising me for my good looking body.

“Thanks” I said blushing. “ but what was wrong with my other bathing suits?” I asked.

“Don’t you get it we are trying to show Nick that he doesn’t want anything to do with Alicia, all he wants is you and only you.” she said.

“I get it now, dam your good.” I said laughing. We went downstairs both of us in one of Jason’s t shirts. I figured you wanna come and say you’re my brother fine, im gonna be a sister and steal your stuff. We walked outside and they guys were sitting in the rocker talking to my brother.

“Hey guys.” I said.

“Why are you guys wearing my shirts?” was the first words out of Jason’s mouth.

“Because I had nothing this big to completely cover us and if you wanna be my brother im treating you like my brother and am going to steal things like a sister should.” I said, and Kate started laughing, and I joined in.

“Ok, whatever, then im gonna treat you like a sister. Anyways Nick how old are you?” he asked.

“Im nineteen.” he said.

“And you realize that my Kristen is sixteen.” he said.

“Yes I do, I don’t mind though age is only a number.” he said smiling at me, because I had said that very same thing to him, I couldn’t help but smile back.

“Huh, ok you guys can go, but im watching you, ‘cause if you hurt her I hurt you. Got it.” he said shaking his hand.

“You bet I got it.” Nick said walking up next to me.

“Ok, well have a good time then.” he said and went back to reading.
We all got into Zach’s car and drove down to the lake. When we got there the guys took off there shirts and jumped right in. Kate and me on the other hand laid down our towels and put sunscreen on each other careful not to reveal what I had on. We didn’t have to hide Kate’s because she wore that sort of thing all the time. She took off her shirt and ran and dived in. I kicked off my flip flops and took my shirt off next. I must have amazing timing ‘cause as soon as my shirt was off Nick had just got out of the lake and was looking directly at me. He has a big smile strewn across his face. I ran by him feeling self conscious and dived into the water as Kate hooted and howled at me. I surfaced and was laughing so hard I nearly choked on the water. Then before I new it Nick was pulling me underneath the dock. He kissed me with at first a delicate kiss then they became more and more pronounced. Finally I had to stop to be able to breathe. Then we heard feet walking on top of the dock we swam out from under it and low and behold it was Alicia.

“Oh Nick you showed Kristen our old make out spot, how cute that you remember.” she said laughing.

“I ugh… well…” he said scratching the back of his head.
I turned and began swimming towards Kate and Zach who had just witnessed the witch doing her magic. Kate and me walked out of the lake and dried off. Zach was right behind us. I assumed Kate told Zach about what was going on, and I was ok with that.

“Where you guys going we just got here.” said Nick coming up behind me. I moved swiftly to avoid contact.


“We decided we didn’t want to swim anymore.” said Zach.

“But I really want to stay and swim. it’s a great day to swim.” he pleaded.

“Well then you and Alicia can stay and swim.” said Kate. I knew she was testing him.

“Well…” he began.

“O I think that’s a great idea” chimed in Alicia. “ I mean I just got here and I really don’t wanna swim by myself.” she said batting her lashes.

“Well, I guess I could stay and swim with you for a bit, but I wont have a ride home.” he said.

“I will drive you home.” she said like she had planned the whole thing out.

“Hmm… do you guys mind?” he asked looking at everybody including me.

“Naw,” said Kate and Zach.

“Kristen?” Alicia asked, “ I know you want to spend time with Nick, but I haven’t seen him in so long, do you mind?” she said in her sweetest fakest voice I had ever heard. I just wanted to yell and scream what a lying manipulative jerk she really was, but I didn’t.

“I don’t care.” I said and turned towards the car.

“All set then come on Nick.” she said dragging him and pushing him into the water.

“Wow.” yelled Kate as we drove away.
I sat in the backseat all by myself just wanting to cry and scream. I couldn’t though ‘cause I finally made friends and I didn’t want to scare them away.

“I cant even believe she would say that about under the dock. That was a total jab at you. Im so sorry.” Kate said sympathetically.

“Yeah, I don’t know what the heck is up with her,” said Zach.

“I know, she wants Nick and she is slowly winning him back, they are probably under the dock as we speak.” I said the tears flowing down my cheeks.
We finally arrive at my house and I thank both of them and Kate says she will call me later. I walk into the house and straight to my room. I must have dozed off because the next thing I know im being shaken away by my mom saying I have a phone call. Thinking its Kate I rush down and pick it up.

“Hello.” I say.

“Hey there.” said Nick.

“O um… whats up.” I said.

“Not much just got home a little while ago thought I’d call and check in with you.”” he said sounding out of breathe.

“O well I’m fine.” I said.

“Can you do me a favor.” he asked.

“Depends.” I said hesitantly.

“Go outside.”

“What why?” I asked.

“Please just do it.” he said.

“Fine. Bye” I said.
I hung up the phone and walked outside to see a candle lit dinner for two waiting on my front porch. I walked over and Nick was sitting on the swing.

“I know I haven’t been spending as much time as I should with you, so I really hope you will forgive me.” he said pulling out my chair. I took a seat and he put chicken fingers and fries in front of me. I couldn’t help but laugh. He joined in too, obviously he hoped I thought it was funny. We ate and talked about a lot. Then when we were finished he asked me to go for a walk with him. He took my hand and we walked out into the meadow.

“I love you.” I said turning and looking into his eyes.

“Yeah. I know.” he said letting go of my hand.

“What?” I asked.

“I don’t exactly know.” he said sitting down and putting his head in his hands. “ everything was going great till my friends showed up.” he said.

“What I love Zach and Kate.” I said pulling his face to look at me.

“Not them.” was all he had to say and I knew what was coming and didn’t want to stay and listen. I got up and stormed back towards the house.

“Hey where you going.” he asked running to catch up to me.

“Home.”

“Wait why?” he said turning me around.

“Because you don’t get it.”

“Don’t get what?” he asked.

“Alicia is still in love with you, and from the moment she saw you she wanted you back, but I was in the way so she is popping up wherever we are and saying things that remind you of “you guys together”. I don’t want any part of this.” I said turning and walking towards the house again.

“Kristen wait. I don’t want any part of that either. I moved on to better things.” he said smiling at me. “ I will do anything to prove it I don’t love her anymore I love you, forever.” he said right before kissing me.

“Anything?” I asked pulling from the kiss.

“Yes” he said kissing me again.

“Don’t go near her.” I said strongly. I knew that was mean, but I if he meant he loved me then he would just have to prove it to me.

“Ok.” he said. “ I can do that if that means I get to keep you.” he said kissing me again. As we walked back to the house hand in hand, I looked up at the stars. They were so beautiful and uncomplicated. I swear I saw a shooting star so I wished on it. As soon as I opened my eyes Nick’s were right in front of mine.

“You saw that too.” he said.

“You bet I did.” I said back.

“Well what’d you wish for?” he asked.

“Well now I cant tell you or else it won’t come true, silly.” I said leaning in and kissing him.
I pulled away and laid my head on his chest. I could feel him inhale and exhale. I did the same, and we laughed. The summer was nearly over and I had falling madly in love for Nickolas, and pretty soon he was going back home. But I couldn’t think about this now. All I had to think about was us and the rest of the summer. Sadly we only had about two weeks left, then I would start my senior year here in Culver, with my awesome new friends. He finished walking me home and we kissed good night. The kissed seemed to last forever, and I didn’t want to stop. I just kept kissing and kissing him. We eventually sat down on the swinging chair and made out. The next thing I knew I woke up and was freezing. I turned over and I had Nickolas’s sweatshirt covering me. I looked up and Nick was snoring quietly. We had fallen asleep with me on top of him swinging. I barely remembered what we did or what had happened. I slowly turned to get up and his arms grabbed me and turned me over. He opened his eyes slightly and smiled. I couldn’t help, but smile back at him. Just then we heard the door open and out walked my brother. He turned towards us and gasped. Jumped up and so did Nick.

“Look Jason its not what it looks like.” I said quickly handing Nick the sweatshirt back.

“O really now.” he said putting his hands on his hips.

“Yes, we were talking and actually I don’t really even remember being tired and we just fell asleep out here.” I said trying to make this sound as good as possible.

“Hmm… whatever, its not like im going to tell on you.” he said walking and getting in our moms car and speeding away.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 1 comment.


on Nov. 17 2011 at 8:13 pm
CreativeGurlll SILVER, Marlborough, Massachusetts
5 articles 0 photos 18 comments

Favorite Quote:
never regret a thing cuz everything is meant for a reason

Hey guys I hope you like this let me know by leaving ur comments (: thnx guys ur great!!!