New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Morphnior

Author's note: When I fall asleep I dream of this incredible club in which everyone is who they aren't. As...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: When I fall asleep I dream of this incredible club in which everyone is who they aren't. As confusing as it originally was, I learned to figure it out as I wrote. The only way to unlock imagination is to dream and live it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

Moving

Soft breezes brushed through the tree outside her bedroom window. Mountians of boxes piled high and threatened to topple over. Liz reached for the brown rubberband on her wrist and lazily slicked her wild blond hair back into a ponytail. Her father figured it would be the right time to move her and her mother to a city and away from the small town of Komen. Being 17 Liz was just delighted to be leaving a place so small that you couldn't even cough without everyone knowing.
"Darling make sure you finish saying your good-byes today, we leave at four!" Her mother shouted from downstairs.
"Okay mom!" She shouted back. Liz looked at the pictures on her corkboard, the last thing next to her mattress on the floor that was yet to be packed, and sighed. Mixed inbetween the photos of friends and family were cut-outs of models. Once she got to the city she could finally wear all those pretty clothes that hung limp and lifeless in her closet because they were "unacceptable" at her private school. She picked up her phone and one by one called her friends in one last farewell. Liz was hanging up her last call when the doorbell rang.
"Liz it's for you," Her mother called, "Hurry up!" Liz trudged down stairs to see Kasey talking to her mom. His dark brown hair was tangled as usual. He looked up with his electric green eyes and smiled sweetly.
"Go. I don't want him here mom, make him leave." Liz said turning back up stairs.
"Liz be polite."
"No, I don't want to talk to him. He treated me with no respect, then he finds out I'm leaving and suddenly wants me back. I don't think so. He's the reason I'm happy to be leaving!" With that she stomped up the stairs and slammed her door so hard a tower of boxes fell down.
Four o'clock came. Liz sat in a silent car that pulled up to the airport with such force it knocked her into the seat infront of her. She got her luggage and waited to board the plane. As she got on she looked behind her. "Bye forever Komen, and don't think about following me." Liz sat in her seat and fell asleep, only to be woken up a few hours later by her father who told her they had arrived. The city was gleaming with so many lights. It was only the early hours of the morning, yet everyone seemed to be awake.
"Now from what I've heard there's a nifty hangout for you older teenagers. It's a few blocks from our new appartment so you can go as often as you like. Go try to make some new friends there. Okay sweetpea?" Her father told her as they drove away from the airport.
"Yeah dad I'll go tonight after I get some rest." Liz said half-heartedly and rest her head on the window of the car. The encounter with Kasey before they left made her feel drained, and if any socializing was going to happen she was going to need a major power nap. Besides, she thought to herself, maybe I'll meet a new friend or maybe even find someone better for me.

SilverLuna said...
Jun. 7, 2013 at 3:16 pm:
Okay, so I like the story you're writing, it reminds me vaguely of The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare--except, there was a coehesive story there. I feel like I'm missing pieces and I WANT TO KNOW THOSE PIECES. We leave Liz's home town, and feel no attachment for it. You have those characters, get us interested in Kasey, and then we abandon him for the majority of the story--I want to know THAT history, because it will draw my into Liz's story. Aaron is introduced... (more »)

PaigeSmith said...
Dec. 23, 2011 at 12:12 am:
Blueberry Punch is going to start being posted soon, most likely starting next week! It will be Aaron's side of the story, which will tie into the final novel of this trilogy :)

PaigeSmith replied...
Jan. 18, 2012 at 8:05 pm :
There was actually some problems with Blueberry Punch, so expect that to actually be delayed until next month. Sorry!

RoseRatchetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 20 at 8:49 pm :
trilogy/ Is this the first?

Mermaidmissy said...
Wow, your story was really good. And I hope you keep on writng some more poems soon. Can you please take a look at some of my poems and book please, Thank You!! :)

PaigeSmith replied...
Dec. 23, 2011 at 12:14 am :
If you liked this book, the second book of the Morphnior trilogy (Blueberry Punch) should be posted by mid January!