Felicia: Blood Bond

Author's note: This is a continuation of the book Felicia.
Author's note: This is a continuation of the book Felicia.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7

Old Enemy

By the time the woman was stable and resting, the sun had already reached its decent. I came into the dining room to see Vladimir sitting next to his brother at one side of my throne and at the other Dimitri sat between brother and the young boy who had asked me to help his mother. Dimitri was watching the young man beside him since the boy refused to eat and just stared at his hands. Everyone was informed of my presence when a maid suddenly bowed to me, “Good evening, my queen!”
I smiled
This chapter isn't finished.
sweetly towards the woman, “Good evening to you, my warrior,” I walked over to the young man who now watched me with concern and anticipation, “Someone please prepare a plate for our wounded soldier.” People started hustling around to try to follow with my request as I watched the young man stand in front of me.
“My queen, how is my mother?”
I placed my hand on the boy’s shoulder, “She had to go through surgery, but the doctor has assured me she will be able to leave here by tomorrow morning with minimal or no pain.”
He threw himself to the ground as he started to cry, “Oh thank you, my queen! I cannot thank you enough!”
I smiled before putting my hand out to the young man, “Raise your head, my young soldier,” He took my hand slowly and I helped him stand, “No thanks are necessary. I merely did as I saw fit,” I turned to a soldier that stood at the door to my right while still holding onto the young man’s hand, “Please prepare the room beside my patient,” I turned back to the young man, “I have sent a few of my soldiers to retrieve the rest of your family. I believe it will take pressure off of your mother’s mind if she has her family staying at her side. Your family will stay here tonight so this can happen.”
The young man held my hand with both of his and bowed his head, “I am forever in your debt, my queen. Thank you.” I watched as the boy ran out of the room to go to his mother’s side.
“That was very heroic of you, sister.”
I smiled towards brother, “It’s strange,” I replied as I sat in my seat, “That boy’s actions were much more than I have ever seen.”
“He was thankful for your generosity and pure heart, Felicia!” Rebecca exclaimed as she came in and took a seat next to Dimitri.
“Rebecca, I assume you helped with the surgery?” Vladimir asked but I was surprised to see his brother’s eyes still stared me down.
She nodded, “But I was not the only one, Felicia also helped.”
“Well during the war, Felicia did help heal the wounded soldiers so I assume she is skilled.”
“She is a woman of many talents.”
Everyone looked up when one of Vladimir’s brother’s soldiers came into the room but I was shocked when I recognized him, “Prince Damir, is this one of your soldiers?”
He nodded, “Yes, he is one of my strongest soldiers.”
The man watched me, “I certainly thought I would never see a familiar face with brown eyes, how interesting.”
The man seemed annoyed but nodded, “I certainly never expected to be under your roof, Queen Felicia.”
“You know my soldier?” Damir asked and I nodded.
“It was right before I knew of Atria. I captured a man who shot at my brother’s horse, but he ended up escaping when I was engaged in a fight with another.”
“This is the boy you spoke of?” Brother asked as he looked to the man, “I certainly remember this boy’s skill. He killed some of our best soldiers all at once. Most people cannot do that.”
“Your name is Sir Rei if my memory serves me.”
He nodded, “And I presume this young man beside your brother is the child you carried when we last met?”
I smiled, “Yes, this is my son. But tell me Sir, did your shoulder recover from its knife wound? I have wondered.”
“Due to your hospitality it healed perfectly, Queen Felicia,” He seemed nervous by the looks of the others, “But, if I may ask, has your injury healed? I clearly remember your blackened wound.”
I took Vladimir’s hand in mine, “Yes, the king of your homeland assisted me with his birth given powers to heal my wound.”
Sir Rei was about to reply but stopped when Damir’s gaze shot from my face, to my hand holding Vladimir’s hand, and to Sir Rei’s face, “What is it you need of me soldier?”
“I wanted to inform you that all of your belongings are now in the room you requested them to be moved to.”
“Then you may go.” Damir hissed and Sir Rei quickly left.
Rebecca cleared her throat and then placed her hand on Dimitri’s shoulder, “Tell me, my nephew, where has my Prince Peter gone?”
Dimitri smiled to Rebecca, “Miss Lydia came in and told Uncle Henry that Grandfather and Uncle Eliot were seen nearby so he went outside to meet them.”
Rebecca looked to me, “As I was on my way here, Felicia, I heard two of the maids talking about how Lucas was on his way here.”
“Yes, Lucas insists to come and stay at my side to help me while I am so close to giving birth.”
“He is truly dedicated to you.”
“Can you blame him?” Brother asked as he looked to me, “You are his country’s queen, his best friend, and his former lover.”
A knock came to the door and everyone looked up as Eliot and King Samuel came into the room with Prince Peter at their side.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7

This book has 6 comments. Post your own now!

BethanyCobb16 said...
Oct. 27, 2011 at 10:14 am
This is veryy good! I sit in english class reading this instead of listening to my teacher. lol. I loved this book alot!! please keep writing!! :)

headoverheels44 replied...
I feel sorry for your english teacher, but thank you very much!

Spazzy_Kinz2013 said...
I have been reading this book non-stop and it's truly amazing! You should really publish this book, I thing you would be really successful as a writer. Keep up the good work :)

headoverheels44 replied...
Thank you so much for the words of inspiration!! I'm not sure if I will ever publish, but if I do its awesome to know I have a least on person who will buy it :)

Spazzy_Kinz2013 replied...
Oct. 23, 2011 at 2:49 am
I would totally buy it!!! :D im like the world's craziest Dark Romance freak hahaha and no problem, im currently writing a novel myself right now so hopefully it's just as good as yours :) you've got to keep updating, im so excited to see what happens next

headoverheels44 replied...
Cool! You should let me know when you put your novel on here so I can read it :)! Hopefully I will get some time (and inspiration) to write more on this story soon