Felicia: Blood Bond

Author's note: This is a continuation of the book Felicia.
Author's note: This is a continuation of the book Felicia.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Attracted By Blood

I sat down on dirt with my back against a tree. Sapphire ate her food I had placed out as I ate a few apples I had found in an orchard on my way out of charted territory. We had been on treacherous land for almost half of the third day of ridding and had yet to see civilization. We had passed the most difficult and active volcano of the area that made it so no one had come this far, that I knew of. I had a feeling this is where the horrid king I was hunting was near, but still had yet to see a white haired, brown eyed stranger. Sapphire ate the amount of food she could have for today and then looked to me. I put away my last two apples and the rest of her food before going to her. I got onto her back and tied the bag around my waist before starting Sapphire off. I watched as we passed a few wild horses that did not seemed terribly spooked by us. They must be used to people on horses coming through these parts; I’m on the right trail. Sapphire rode through the last of the trees and I saw sunlight for the first time in almost a day. I saw desolate, scorched land and knew there was a volcano nearby. I had Sapphire trot quickly as I listened for anything nearby and quickly drew my bow as something moved in a bush as we reached an area that was covered in vegetation. A baby deer with spots on its back came out of the bush and then quickly ran away. Ruby. I quickly shook the memories of those I missed and remembered this was all for them. Sapphire did not stop trotting until we reached the limits of a town. I noticed a woman and man walk by where I hid and noticed the woman’s hair was very short. I quickly tied my hair into a bun so that its length could not be known and then led Sapphire into the town. People looked to me, but then looked away as if I was just one of them and I felt better. I went to a pub in the center of town while Sapphire was tied outside. I went in and sat down at the bar a few seats down from a man and woman that were laughing. A young girl came over to me and smiled, “Hello, stranger!” She said in a perky voice, “It is an odd experience in these parts to receive a traveler!”
“Well this is certainly a beautiful town.” I replied with a smile and she leaned closer to me.
“Are you a half-breed?”
“Yes.”
“It is a rare gem to have blue eyes around here, ma’am! They are so captivating and flawless! Like the water that washes up against the king’s castle!”
I felt myself tense, “Actually, I am supposed to be going in the direction of the castle, but have seemed to come into an area I do not know well. Do you possibly have a way to help me get there? It is urgent that I get there as soon as I can?”
“Oh? Boyfriend perhaps?” She asked with a funny smile, “Well you are not too far, the castle is about three hours to the northwest.”
“Oh, great! Thank you!” I said kindly and then left the pub. I went out to Sapphire and got on her. We rode towards the northwest and did not stop till we reached the city. I walked Sapphire through the streets, but stopped when I saw a barn. They graciously took Sapphire for my money and were to take care of her for the rest of the day and tonight. I walked around the city of white haired, brown eyed creatures and did not stop until I found the castle. It was very large and aged. A guard looked over to me with a frown.
“You cannot be near here, commoner. The king shall be returning home and commoners are not allowed this close.” He hissed and I quickly turned on my heels and walked away. I stopped a few yards away and leaned against a brick wall that lined a group of bushes. I watched as the soldier looked away from me and quickly bowed towards a group of soldiers. I quickly looked to them and saw a flawless white haired, brown eyed man about Henry’s age in the middle of them. He looked over to me as if he could feel me watching him. His eyes seemed to change as he smiled slightly towards me. I felt my blood race and my head pound. What is this feeling? It is almost as if he tried to steal my mind. I quickly looked away from him and started down the sidewalk to my right. I looked back a moment later to see him walk into his castle and disappear behind a pair of shutting doors. I quickly made my way to an inn only a few blocks away so that I would know if this dastardly king left. I paid for the room, went and put my stuff down, and then left the inn. I went up to a clothing cart on the side of the main street and smiled towards the woman. She nodded towards me and I looked to the clothes.
“Anything in particular you are looking for, ma’am?” She asked in a sweet voice.
“Well I seem to have lost my bag of clothes on my trip and am in need of something other than the shirt on my back.” I explained and the woman suddenly pulled her head under the cart. I watched as she sprang back up with a pile of clothes.
“For a young woman such as yourself, you should have something more than riding clothes. See if any of these would pleasure you.” She said and I nodded as she set the pile in front of me. I picked up a light weight pink dress, a brown dress, and a light blue dress. I smiled towards the woman.
“I shall take them all. How much for all three dresses?” I asked and she quickly smiled back to me.
“68 scratches,” She replied and I nodded. I took a small amount of money out of my pants pocket and handed her a seventy scratch bill that she took kindly. She gave me back two scratch bills and I bowed slightly to her before going back to the inn. I went to my room, put on the pink dress, fixed my hair, left the inn, and went to a pub. This was the best place to find out about the king without seeming odd. When I entered people turned towards me, but quickly went back to their own lives. I went over to a booth that was open and an older man came over to me with a slow smile that seemed to make him shakier.
“May I get you something?”
I nodded towards him, “Could I have a glass of water and a bowl of fruit?” I asked and he nodded before walking off. A group of young men on the other side of the pub watched me and I knew I could use my natural talent of getting men to want me on them. One brave man in the group stood from him chair, smiled back towards his friends, and then came over towards me. I focused on my dry hands as he stopped beside me.
“May I accompany you?” He asked as I looked up to him. I realized he was in a uniform and that he may be a soldier of the king. It was as if this was my destiny to kill this king and now made it so I would seduce this man for information.
“Be my guest,” I said and the soldier sat across from me with a warm smile. His brown eyes and white hair made a chill flow through my body but I kept it inside. The old man came over with my fruit and water and set it in front of me, “Thank you.” I whispered and he nodded before leaving once again.
“Are you from around here? I certainly have not seen someone with blue eyes in these parts in a long time.”
“Oh? And who was the last who had my eyes?”
“A half-bred soldier a few years older than I. He was stationed with me in the city about three years ago,” He explained as I ate a piece of melon, “So where are you from, stranger?”
I smiled towards him, “Here, there, and everywhere.”
“Oh?”
I nodded, “My job keeps me moving.”
“Oh? And what job is that?”
“Body guarding.”
“Oh? A woman body guard? That is a very rare trait.”
I nodded, “I do not have many comrades in my line of work.”
“Well if you did they would be envious of your beauty. If you are half as powerful in guarding as you are in beauty, you should be unstoppable!”
I smiled towards the man, “So what is your name, Soldier?”
“Jeremy. I am stationed in this city by the king for the next few weeks.” He said with a proud smile.
“How long have you worked for the king of this fair country?”
“Almost 8 years now.”
“What age did you join the army?”
“15 years.”
“So you are 23?”
He laughed softly, “You are smart too. You sure are a character, my lady. Tell me, what is your name?”
“Faith.”
“Age?”
“20 in less than three months.”
“I took you for a woman of 18 by your looks, but by your wit and skills I would have guessed at least 25.”
I nodded, “I have heard that a lot.”
“So what do you have planned for the rest of the night, Miss Faith? If you would allow me I would love to show you around the area and give you the grand tour.”
I smiled to him again, “That would be wonderful.” I said and he smile grew. He put down some money for the drink in his hand and for my water and fruit.
“I will pay for your food, Miss Faith,” He offered and I nodded. I quickly ate the last two pieces of fruit and then left with Sir Jeremy. He showed me around the town as the sun started to set and then offered to take me to dinner. I accepted and we ate at a place he chose. When we were finished he walked me back to the inn I was going to stay at and I smiled towards him.
“This is my stop.” I whispered and he sighed.
“Please let me take you a few more places, Miss Faith. I cannot stand for this night to end.” He said with a sweet smile.
“I am sorry, Sir Jeremy, but I shall be working tomorrow and need proper sleep.” I said, but froze as he leaned down towards me. He kissed my lips as his arms went around my slim looking pregnant body and held me close. I tried to stop his kissing after a few moments, “Sir Jeremy, I must go.” I insisted but was shocked when he shoved me against the wall of the inn. He kissed me more as I tried to push him away, “Stop!” I yelled, but he kissed me more as his body pressed against mine. I felt as if I would throw up as I realized I was too weak to push him away. Suddenly he was pulled off of me and I looked as the man from before threw his soldier to the ground.
“This is not the way one of my soldiers should treat a woman!” He hissed and the soldier quickly pulled himself to his feet.
“I am terribly sorry, King Vladimir!” He called, bowed and then quickly ran away. I watched the king as he turned to me and sighed.
“Are you alright?” He asked with a concerned look. I nodded to the man as my mind felt like it was swarmed with bees.
“Yes, thank you.” I whispered and then bowed towards the king, but flinched when his hand went around my chin and he lifted my head back to its regular position.
“No need for bowing, Felicia. We are both royalty,” He said with a calm smile and I felt a frown cover my face. I was about to yell at him but stopped when he took my hand in his, “I insist you stay with me, Felicia.” He said and then started walking while pulling me behind him. The buzzing in my mind made it so that I could not decide what to say to this man and so I just stayed quiet. We were allowed into the castle and then he brought me up to his study. He insisted I sit on a couch and I slowly did so as he ordered for everyone to leave the room and let us be. He finally came back and sat down on a couch across from me as I watched him, “It is magnificent to finally meet you face to face, Queen Felicia Hope Parethia,” He played with a strand of his white hair that was in his view, “I heard you killed my best archer and two of my regular soldiers a few days back and assumed you would come to me soon.”
“So you sent that archer to just make it so that I had enough information to know where to find you?”
He shook his head, “I did not intend for you to learn anything of me or run into my archer, but as luck would have it he stopped where you were and one thing led to another so I assumed this would be your next move.”
“Next move? Do you think this is some kind of game!” I yelled as I stood, “You killed Dimitri as part of a game?”
“You misunderstand me, Felicia. Please sit down.” He said but I became angrier.
“I shall not sit down! I cannot just sit here and act as if you are not the man that murdered my fiancé!”
“I regret that move. I did not know he meant that much to you. I assumed it was just an arranged marriage and that it would weaken your people and leave you available.”
“Available?”
“Yes, available. You are not married.”
“So you killed him just for us to meet!”
He nodded, “Do you blame me? You are beautiful, brave, educated, royal, and skilled.”
I felt myself shaking, “And you believed killing the man I love would bring me into your bed? Is that what this is about!”
He shook his head, “That is not it, Felicia. I do not just have sexual feelings towards you, I love you.”
I threw I pillow from the couch behind me at his face and he quickly dogged it, “You cannot love me! You do not even know me!”
He sighed, “You do not understand, Felicia. Have you not felt odd since you saw me?”
I looked to him with shock, “I don’t understand.”
“You can be healed by royal blood, correct?” He said and I nodded, “Well so can I. All pure blooded royal men and women that are directly linked to the first king of this continent have this trait,” He stood and walked over to me, “I first saw you with Dimitri when I was very young and suddenly felt sick. My mind ached, and my heart sped. I did not understand what it was for at first, but my father told me before he died that all purebreds like us receive this feeling when they meet the person they are supposed to marry,” He took my hands in his, “I can tell you have the same symptoms as me when I am close.”
“Are you mad!”
He smiled slightly towards me and then suddenly kissed my lips. I felt a sensation of lust throughout my body and before I could stop myself I had pulled Vladimir against my own body. We kissed over and over and then I finally snapped back into reality. I shoved him from me as I tried to regain focus and control of my actions, “You feel the same as me, Felicia. I can tell.”
“No I don’t!” I hissed, “I love Prince Glen! Not you!” He moved towards me and I tried to shove him away, but when he placed his gentle hand against my cheek I froze. He moved closer to me and then gently kissed me before taking my hand in his and leading me to the couch I had been on to sit down at his side. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me over and over as he leaned me onto the couch, but stopped when there was a knock at the door. He made an angry growl and then went to the door.
“What!” He yelled and a soldier shook slightly.
“My king there has been spotting of an army to our south.” He said as his voice shook. That is my army coming as they followed Lucas and Glen to save me.
“I shall grab my things and…” He started to say and I quickly sprinted over to him. I wrapped my arms around his waist and kissed the back of his neck gently.
“Don’t leave.” I whispered and he held back a moan I knew he wanted to let me hear.
“Check on it. I cannot leave right now,” he said to his soldier and then quickly shut the door on the man’s face. He whipped around and squeezed me to him as he started kissing me. I have to keep him occupied for at least a few hours or Glen will die.

I sat in Vladimir’s bed and bunched the sheets in my hands. Vladimir turned towards me and rested his head on his hand, “What troubles your mind, my love?”
“I hate this.”
“You could not resist, my love.”
“Stop calling me that!”
“I’m sorry.”
I sighed and my head went onto the bed, “How can I make this work?” I asked the sheets and then looked to Vladimir, “I cannot be with you as much as my stupid body wants me to.”
“If we have a few hundred miles apart I am sure this urge will weaken, my beauty.”
“Luther, Aaron, and Eliot are going to want to marry me as soon as I give birth to one of their children but I will always come back to you…but I want to kill you so badly!”
He smiled slightly, “No you wish you wanted to kill me, Felicia. You want to be at my side.”
I frowned towards him, “Nice try,” I said and he laughed, “I need to go,” I slipped my pink dress back on, “So you will not go back on my requests?”
He sighed, “I don’t believe I can. I cannot go against your will as you cannot go against mine.”
I slipped my shoes back on, “I will see you soon, Vladimir,” I whispered and then started out of the room, but stopped when he grabbed my hand. I turned to him and he kissed me sweetly.
“Sapphire is already outside with your stuff and a few things.”
“A few things?”
“I wanted to let you have some things so I just put them in your bag.” He said and I nodded. I quickly left the palace and started my way to stop this war that was about to happen. I pushed Sapphire faster than she should go, but I was so scared I would not get there in time I had to. I reached Vladimir’s army as they stopped in front of mine led by Glen. I quickly sped Sapphire to between the two groups.
“Stop!” I hollered, “Don’t fight!” I quickly sped Sapphire to the general of Vladimir’s army and he looked to me with shock, “This is from Vladimir, personally.” I explained and he bowed towards me as he took it. He read the note and then turned towards his army.
“We are to not fight anyone from Raidia, Algoria, Alethia, or Parethia under any circumstances!” He hollered and then turned his horse away. The army sped off as I watched them go in the direction I wanted to go. I turned as Henry jumped off his horse and I quickly dismounted off of Sapphire. He embraced me with power.
“Blissful stars, Felicia! What were you thinking? Just sneaking off without a word! I thought you were surely dead.”
I listened to Henry’s quick heartbeat, “I know, but I had to do this. It was my duty and I had to stop this madness. I could not stand the idea of losing someone else,” The pain of Dimitri struck my heart but the memory of Vladimir kept me from crying, “Could we please go home? I want to leave this place.”
“Of course,” Henry said and then turned towards the other, “Let’s go home!” He called and then helped me onto Sapphire before mounting his own horse. I started Sapphire off as everyone else followed in her hoof steps. Glen moved his horse to my side as Henry came to my other. I kept my gaze from both of them and just watched the familiar landscape go past me as my emotions tried to tear my heart and soul in half.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

This book has 6 comments. Post your own now!

BethanyCobb16 said...
Oct. 27, 2011 at 10:14 am
This is veryy good! I sit in english class reading this instead of listening to my teacher. lol. I loved this book alot!! please keep writing!! :)

headoverheels44 replied...
I feel sorry for your english teacher, but thank you very much!

Spazzy_Kinz2013 said...
I have been reading this book non-stop and it's truly amazing! You should really publish this book, I thing you would be really successful as a writer. Keep up the good work :)

headoverheels44 replied...
Thank you so much for the words of inspiration!! I'm not sure if I will ever publish, but if I do its awesome to know I have a least on person who will buy it :)

Spazzy_Kinz2013 replied...
Oct. 23, 2011 at 2:49 am
I would totally buy it!!! :D im like the world's craziest Dark Romance freak hahaha and no problem, im currently writing a novel myself right now so hopefully it's just as good as yours :) you've got to keep updating, im so excited to see what happens next

headoverheels44 replied...
Cool! You should let me know when you put your novel on here so I can read it :)! Hopefully I will get some time (and inspiration) to write more on this story soon