Goodbye Light, Hello Night

By , ahhh, United States
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

My Best Friend Gabby

“I can’t believe you actually said that to him!” said Gabby, or should I say…my best friend? “What?” I ask as I look at her in disbelief. “It’s not like I meant to!” “But you did, and that’s all that matters.” She said as she crossed her arms and stared at me. I just shook my head and closed my locker. Slipping my backpack on and then walking side by side with her, I was still fuming. “I didn’t know that he was going to actually tell the teacher on me!” “It’s Ty though Crystal, he is SUCH a tattle tale, no matter how old he is.” She sighed and walked in step with me. “We are in high school though! Don’t you think that is pretty pathetic?” Gab grabbed me by my shoulders and made me stare into her eyes. “I don’t think it’s pathetic. In fact, I think that you deserved it!” My eyes went wide, and my mouth dropped open. “How can you say that? I’m your best friend!” “Yes, I am your best friend, and best friends are supposed to look after each other. So I think that this is going to be a good wake up call for you.” I frown because I know she is right, and to end our argument, it was just easier for me to agree with her then try to defend my case. “I will call you once I am done with my detention so then you can come and pick me up, okay? Then we can hang out after that.” Gabby nodded and gave me a quick hug and then a small kiss on the cheek, and then skipped down the hallway and out the front doors. I on the other hand, wasn’t so thrilled like her. I walked into the main office.
As I walked in the secretary, who we gave the nickname of Miss Polka, because she was always wearing something with polka dots told me to have a seat until the principal came out to get me. No matter what she was wearing she would be wearing something with polka dots. One time she wore a polka dot dress, and then threw in some plaid leggings, in was not a pretty sight. Minutes later the principal walked out of his office, and I felt bad for the guy. He was beginning to lose his hair in spots, so he had attempted to cover them up, but it came out as a comb over. He also had sweat marks under his arms and even on his back. “So what have we gotten ourselves into this time?” he asked as he looked down at me. “Well sir…” but before I could go on, he told me to follow him into his office, and so I did.
“Alright, so continue on with your story.” He said as he walked around his desk and sat down with a quiet grunt. “Well, I was in Stats class and I hadn’t quite finish the worksheet we were given, and so I was finishing it up so that I could hand it in and Ty started yelling at me for not getting it done on time, and I simply just told him to shut up. Well, I guess I hurt the baby’s feelings by doing so and so he told Mrs. Lopper about it. Well she told Ty it wasn’t really a big deal since I was basically done with it, but that got Ty mad. Ty walked up to me, grabbed my worksheet, crumpled it up into a ball, and then threw it across the room. I stood up and I guess because I stood up so fast, Ty and Lopper thought I was going to hit him or something, and so that is why I am in here. ‘Cause Ty is too afraid to grow a pair and stand up for himself.” The principal, Mr. Jenkins, just shook his head and sighed. He rubbed his eyes and then sat back in his seat. “Well, what do you think we should do for your punishment?” I looked at him, and I must’ve looked pretty hilarious, because he smiled a bit. “I am just joking Crystal … anyways, I agree with you about Ty, I mean, not the whole ‘grow a pair’ thing but I do think that Ty needs to grow up and needs to learn what is okay to do and what is not okay.” I nodded, “Yeah. So, what are you going to do about me then?” I ask, as I look up at the clock and then back at him. “Well, let’s just say that I gave you a really hard time telling you that what you did was wrong and that I am still thinking of something for your punishment…okay?” I smiled big and nodded, “Yes, sir.” “Alright then,” Mr. Jenkins stood up and walked over to his door, opening it up and motioning with his arm, “now get.” I smile even bigger and walk past him. “Thanks Mr. J!” I said cheerfully as I walked out of the office and into the empty hallway.
I walked down the hallway and out the front doors, where I pulled my cell phone out and texted Gabby to come and pick me up. As I walked a little further away from the school, I noticed the football team practicing for Friday’s big game. “Might as well get some entertainment then sit and do absolutely nothing…” I muttered to myself and walked over to the empty bleachers. I sat down at the bottom of the bleachers and watched them. One player, number 55, stood out from the rest, and I couldn’t quite place a finger on it, until he took off his helmet. I gasped because I realized who it was. It was Jace, a guy that I have known for my entire life it seemed. I wanted to call out his name and wave to him, but kept myself under control. I knew I would embarrass him if I did, and so instead, I grabbed my things and walked back to the road. Luckily though, Gabby pulled up in her old rust-bucket that was handed down to her from her oldest brother who was making it big in the cities.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

This book has 6 comments. Post your own now!

ShadowOnMyHeart said...
Keep writing! This is amazing so far.

WhitMeans_FoReVeR said...
Jan. 14, 2012 at 10:12 am
You definitely should write more! This had me at the edge of my seat. You're amazing. :)

Cheypan said...
The title is amazing

DEROSSETT said...
Nov. 8, 2011 at 11:02 am

please continue:):):):)

ShadowOnMyHeart said...
You need to write more. :D

animalluvr4evrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 12, 2011 at 11:09 am
Write more write more WRITE MORE!!! :D