The Needing for Love

Author's note: I worked really hard on this. I hope you like it.
Author's note: I worked really hard on this. I hope you like it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 92 Next »

5

Chapter 5

*I Used To Be Scared Of Letting Someone In, But It Gets So Lonely Being On My Own.*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^^*^*^
Ok, don’t panic. Don’t. Panic. I thought to myself, repeating it over and over in my head.

Ok, Panic.

I quietly shut my laptop and ripped out my cell phone from my pocket so that I could text Abby. But then I double thought it. She would be freaking out and screaming in happiness and that’s not what I wanted right now. I needed someone to slap some sense into me.

Instead I ran to my purse and ripped out my car keys. (He had let me bring me car here after much arguing and whining.) I calmly walked out to the living room and started toward the door.

"Where you going?"

I froze. What was I supposed to say? Oh, I think I like you so I’m going to go for a drive to clear my head. No.

"Abby wants me to go see her new kitten…"
Her new kitten? What the hell kind of excuse is that?!

"Oh. Ok then." He turned his attention back to the TV.

I ran out to my car and put the keys in the ignition and backed out of his driveway and headed toward the nearest coffee store.

I ended up in Barnes and Nobles. There wasn’t really a lot of people there so I figured I would be safe. I walked to the café part of the store and sat down in the corner.

Ok, so what’s the worst that could happen?

Well, end up falling for him, trusting him, having him break my heart, leave, and then wind up back where I was five months ago. Sitting in my bed, crying. I must have sat there for two hours trying to figure something out. I came one conclusion.

Maybe, he wouldn’t notice. Maybe he didn’t like me back. Maybe I would stop liking him once I came to my senses and I realized that this ‘set up relationship’ wasn’t going to work out.

Of course, there was the other possibilities that I didn’t really want to think about.

What if he’s just another ‘Eric’?

No.

No one, could be like Eric. I looked at my cell phone. I had been sitting here for three hours now.

God, I’m a wreck.

I figured I should head back. I mean I don’t think that he would buy the lie that I was marveling at a freaking kitten for three hours.

I got into the car and put in a CD, and turned it up as loud as it could go to drown out my thoughts.
When I got back, I walked silently back into the house to find him asleep on the couch. I was slightly relieved as I made my way back to my laptop. I threw my keys onto the nightstand and checked my email.

Nothing.

I sighed and shut it off and turned around to see a very groggy Alexander leaning against the frame of the door.

Damn he looks good. No! What am I saying?! Focus!

"Did you have fun?" He smiled.

Oh yeah. Tons. I just love thinking about all the ways my life can be even more screwed up then it already is.

"Yeah." I lied.

I walked back out into the living room and made my way into the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water and drank the whole thing in less than five seconds. I breathed slowly and walked back into the living room and sat down on the couch and watched some dumb soap opera.

He walked back in and sat next to me on the couch. He still looked tired.

How could he be tired?! He woke up, walked into the kitchen, pestered me, then watched TV, and took a nap! How could he be tired still?!

He sighed and put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me till I was leaning against his shoulder.

I stared at the wall in front of me and focused and breathing steadily.

This is going to be hard.

This book has 23 comments. Post your own now!

GraceTaylor12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 9 at 2:31 pm
WOAH WOAH WOAH! WHAT???? This was amazing! Why did you have to do a cliffhanger like that??? Augh, it could have been a happy ending!

Book nerd said...
what the crap.....it couldve ended perfectly then you throw this at me ughhhhh...youre a great writer so please please please finish this like you left everyone at a clift hanger

Jessikern This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Write more please!

Madimayisinsane said...
I love this book! Please put the next one p soon! It's amazing!

moderndayEmilyDickinson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:44 am
This is an amazingly written book! You are really talented! When I tarted reading this book, I was depressed. But when I started reading it, I couldn't stop. And believ me when I say I couldn't stop. I read above 80 chapters or 92 chapters in one day. Your book is that amazing. Thank you for sharing this! This is like one my few favorite romance stories. But may I ask, what happened in the end???

heycallmemoriarty said...
this is such an amazing book! Oh my god! No! Don't kill her! Or Alex! Please! I will die! No! This is one of the greatest books I have ever read, please keep writing!

SmileyFace3356 said...
THANK YOU FOR 92 CHAPTERS!!!!  I've read 17 and I'm biting my fingernails.  I can imagine Alex in my head and I moan.  Have you finished it yet or are you still adding more?

Pirate_babe_91 said...
Still waiting!!

mimiluvinwhat said...
Jun. 3, 2013 at 10:54 am
wtf you have to write more you just have to plllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse

blackbirds_singing said...
i need to tell you something.  right now.  its major important.  you began writing this book.. what? 3 years ago? and you've been working on another, supposidly.  don't get me wrong, i completly undersstand how hard and stressful it is to write in a busy work or quite possibly school enviroment, me being in school myself and working on exercericular activities.  but, and i mean this in the most pleasant and less possible thretning way, if you do not upload the se... (more »)

bellatrix said...
Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:49 am
i love this book

FallenAngel170198 said...
I love this book! Oh My Gosh, keep writing! I want to know how it is with the gun! And hurry ! I give it 5 stars!

bellatrix said...
ello loves how are yall today i just really wanted to say I love this story cherrio

TashaB said...
Enjoying it hunx! Your dreams are going to go VERY far! Read some of my books :) They're nailbiting goodness....

Pirate_Babe_94 said...
I love your story!! I've been waiting FOREVER for the next part. (:

Keep writing!!!

Mermaidmissy said...
Oct. 6, 2011 at 10:06 am
Wow, your book is really good. I hope you keep on writing more pages. Take a look at some of my poems and my book to please. :) 

misguidedmuse replied...
I will. :) i am writing sequal to this book. :) and i have another book. just havent got it on here. 

awesomejordy said...
Totally addicting! Fantastic! Please finish!

fall is near said...
r u gonna write a sequel? please that was amazing! but u just left us hangin there at the end!!! oh please write a sequel!!!!!!

fall is near said...
im addicted to this! ive been reading it for like 3 hours now! good job to the author! i forgot it was written by a teen! U should make it a real book! Keep up the good work! :)