The Needing for Love

Author's note: I worked really hard on this. I hope you like it.
Author's note: I worked really hard on this. I hope you like it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 92 Next »

2

Chapter Two

*Because There Are These Nights Where I Sing Myself To Sleep. And I’m Hoping My Dreams Bring You Close To Me. Are You Listening?*

.-.-.-.-.-.-.--.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.--.-.-.-.-.-.
By the time I got to his house I had counted 74 trees, 55 street lamps, 3 garbage cans, 1 dog, 4 cats, and 6 restaurants. I was still looking out the window when he had stopped the car, counting the trees around his house. I could feel him looking at me. I turned my head and looked at him.

“What are you doing?” He asked concerned for my mental health.

“Counting the trees.” I said faking a coy smile. He frowned.

“Well, are you coming in, or are you planning on sleeping out in the car?” He asked blankly.

“I know, why don’t you sleep in the car and I will sleep inside?” Alright. I’ll admit it. I was being a jerk. I felt kind of bad but I pushed it away.

“Tempting.” That’s all he said and then he got out.
What? What the hell was that?!

He disappeared in the darkness. Was he seriously going to leave me in the car? Before I could think of anything else my door was swung open and he pulled me out and threw me over his shoulder.

“What the hell are you doing?! Put me down!!!!!” I was pounding on his back and kicking and screaming. He opened his front door and threw me down on his couch and walked into the kitchen.
I curled up into a ball and sat there in silence. He came back with a glass of water and sat down next to me and turned the TV on and started watching some stupid late night show.
What. The. Hell?
I glanced over at the clock. It was almost 11:30. I looked around. It was a nice house. Not that big, but not that small.

“You like it?” He asked not taking his eyes off the television. I just nodded and contemplated my escape. It was really quiet. He wasn’t really watching the TV, just staring at it. I was going to get up and look for some window that I would be able to crawl through after he fell asleep but he spoke before I got the chance.

“Who’s Eric?” He looked away from the TV following my glance from window to window. I looked at him. Surprised that he caught that.

“Uh. He was my ex-boyfriend. I met him in high school but…” I trailed off.

“How long were you going out?”

“I don’t know, a couple years…” What was he getting at?

“Oh.” That’s all he said. He stared at the TV a bit longer then turned it off. He sat there for a few minutes then got up and looked down at me.“I’m going to bed, and just in case you were thinking of crawling out the window after I fell asleep, you can sleep in my room.” He smirked. How did he know about my window plan?

“You going to sleep out here on the couch?” I asked expecting a specific answer.

“No! I’m sleeping in my bed.” He looked shocked.

“Well, then where am I going to sleep?!” I was getting a little afraid of where this was going.

“In the bed silly. Come on.” He motioned for me to follow him. I eyed him warily before I got up and followed him from a safe distance.

I poked my head into the room that he went into. It was simple enough, a bed, a dresser, and this huge window that took up his whole wall. It had a white curtain over it though. I walked all the way in and he threw some clothes at me.

“You can sleep in those if you want to. But I mean, you don’t have to.” He eyed me up and down and raised both eyebrows and smiled at me.

Pervert.

“The bathroom’s over there.” He nodded towards the door and took his shirt off and crawled into the bed. I walked into the bathroom and tossed his clothes that he threw at me on the floor. I would just sleep in the tank top I had on under my shirt. I was wearing some shorts already so I would be fine.

I looked in the mirror and scowled. I had dark circles from my sleepless nights of crying and nightmares. I was pale with blonde hair that was curly and so I kept it up all the time. I never had it down all the way. I was decent, average looking, but that had never been good enough for me.
I sighed and took my shirt off and adjusted my tank top. I was going to brush my teeth but I didn’t want to ask him if he had another toothbrush so I just walked back out and walked to the other side of the bed closest to the giant window.

He was already asleep so I figured that I would be safe. I lifted the covers and laid on the very edge of the bed as far away from his as possible. I prayed that I wouldn’t have a nightmare like I had been having for the past three months. I closed my eyes and fell asleep immediately.

This book has 23 comments. Post your own now!

GraceTaylor12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 9 at 2:31 pm
WOAH WOAH WOAH! WHAT???? This was amazing! Why did you have to do a cliffhanger like that??? Augh, it could have been a happy ending!

Book nerd said...
what the crap.....it couldve ended perfectly then you throw this at me ughhhhh...youre a great writer so please please please finish this like you left everyone at a clift hanger

Jessikern This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Write more please!

Madimayisinsane said...
I love this book! Please put the next one p soon! It's amazing!

moderndayEmilyDickinson This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:44 am
This is an amazingly written book! You are really talented! When I tarted reading this book, I was depressed. But when I started reading it, I couldn't stop. And believ me when I say I couldn't stop. I read above 80 chapters or 92 chapters in one day. Your book is that amazing. Thank you for sharing this! This is like one my few favorite romance stories. But may I ask, what happened in the end???

heycallmemoriarty said...
this is such an amazing book! Oh my god! No! Don't kill her! Or Alex! Please! I will die! No! This is one of the greatest books I have ever read, please keep writing!

SmileyFace3356 said...
THANK YOU FOR 92 CHAPTERS!!!!  I've read 17 and I'm biting my fingernails.  I can imagine Alex in my head and I moan.  Have you finished it yet or are you still adding more?

Pirate_babe_91 said...
Still waiting!!

mimiluvinwhat said...
Jun. 3, 2013 at 10:54 am
wtf you have to write more you just have to plllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse

blackbirds_singing said...
i need to tell you something.  right now.  its major important.  you began writing this book.. what? 3 years ago? and you've been working on another, supposidly.  don't get me wrong, i completly undersstand how hard and stressful it is to write in a busy work or quite possibly school enviroment, me being in school myself and working on exercericular activities.  but, and i mean this in the most pleasant and less possible thretning way, if you do not upload the se... (more »)

bellatrix said...
Apr. 20, 2013 at 2:49 am
i love this book

FallenAngel170198 said...
I love this book! Oh My Gosh, keep writing! I want to know how it is with the gun! And hurry ! I give it 5 stars!

bellatrix said...
ello loves how are yall today i just really wanted to say I love this story cherrio

TashaB said...
Enjoying it hunx! Your dreams are going to go VERY far! Read some of my books :) They're nailbiting goodness....

Pirate_Babe_94 said...
I love your story!! I've been waiting FOREVER for the next part. (:

Keep writing!!!

Mermaidmissy said...
Oct. 6, 2011 at 10:06 am
Wow, your book is really good. I hope you keep on writing more pages. Take a look at some of my poems and my book to please. :) 

misguidedmuse replied...
I will. :) i am writing sequal to this book. :) and i have another book. just havent got it on here. 

awesomejordy said...
Totally addicting! Fantastic! Please finish!

fall is near said...
r u gonna write a sequel? please that was amazing! but u just left us hangin there at the end!!! oh please write a sequel!!!!!!

fall is near said...
im addicted to this! ive been reading it for like 3 hours now! good job to the author! i forgot it was written by a teen! U should make it a real book! Keep up the good work! :)