Damned Forever

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18 Next »

Chapter 6

We took an underground tunnel until we reached a small docking under the castle; a boat was all ready to leave when we arrived. Thor jumped in then, holding my waist gently, hoisted me into the white boat with Carmen jumping into gracefully; she assumed the position at the wheel, began the boat and sped out of the dark dock and into the dark waters that were illuminated by the moons light, in the distance I could see the sun setting but Thor and Carmen pulled on a pair of black -designer- sunglasses, covering their eyes completely
"Put this on" Thor instructed holding out a thick black coat, I slipped it on, feeling the silk material inside. As I sat down on one of the small seats, Thor held out a pair of long black high heel boots
"What's with all the black?" I asked curiously as I took the boots and put them on, forgetting I'd been barefoot. Thor and Carmen chuckled as the wind whipped through their hair, or at least, it whipped through Carmen's hair; Thor just pulled a hand through his hair and chuckled
"Black reflex the sunlight." he explained
"But, the sun is setting" I pointed out
"We don't like humans seeing what we fully look like" Carmen said
"What about me?" that made them both laugh properly, musically and beautifully
"You'll learn soon enough" Carmen chuckled as she got up; I hadn't noticed the boat had stopped and the water settled. I looked over my shoulder to see the large stone building, high on the centre island, Thor placed a gentle hand on my back and guided me off the boat, down the pier and through a thin strip of trees that opened up to a deserted road, a black Mercedes sat waiting; Thor got in the drivers seat as Carmen accompanied me to the back seat, she didn't wear a seat belt but advised that I did. Thor drove quickly
"How can Doom enter my visions?" I finally asked after a few moments of silence, Carmen looked from the window to me, drawing her glasses off her eyes to reveal their glorious metallic glow that sent a shiver down my spine
"You're connected" she answered shortly, her tone flat as if it was a subject she preferred quiet. Too bad, I wanted answers.
"How so? Like blood?" I forced my self to say it, the thought of being blood related to him wasn't something I really liked the idea of
"God no!" she said, disgusted. "If you and Derek were related, I believe you'd be a few thousand years old" she eyed me as if proving a point
"How old is Doom?" I asked slowly, my curiosity spiking
"No one really knows. I doubt he knows himself; he has artefacts from ancient Egypt, Rome and even earlier, some we can't even trace back to origin." she said "all we know, is that Derek -Doom, Drake what ever name he goes by- he is the first. The first vampire, he's the strongest, fastest and smartest out of all the vampires we've ever know. He's one to be feared, respected and admired; if you put him in a room full of vampires, you'd still say he is the most beautiful. Everything about him is unique, especially his eyes. No other vampire has his eyes, they represent his power. His honour and burden" she spoke highly and seriously, my eyes locked with hers
"A burden?" I questioned, edging her to continue
"Being the first vampire isn't as good as it sounds. There are those out there that believe, if you kill the first, you will kill them all. Lycanthrope think it's true, old priests thought it was true and many have tried but none have survived to say it isn't." Carmen leaned forward, twirling her glasses between her fingers
"Why?" I whispered, drawn into the tale
"He can't be killed. Many have tried everything, silver, crosses, holy water and even sunlight" she shuddered the word
"I thought sunlight kills vampires" I said gently
"It does. Doom stays ash until the moon rises, then he reconstructs himself; it is truly a sight to behold, one of amazement and horror. A painful process" her jaw set as if she were remembering
"Please, go on" I whispered
"Derek Hunter - Doom, is someone not to reckoned with, his rage is one feared by gods." her tone, so serious and strong, enchanted me thoroughly, every bone, every muscle and every cell in my body was hers for the taking, she could kill me now and I wouldn't do anything to stop her. The car stopped and Thor opened the door, city lights beamed in making me squint in the darkness; he helped me out of the car, taking hold of my waist, I yelped when my hip bumped his and something stung me violently
"Sorry" someone said in a small males voice, Thor reached into his pocket and pulled Poison, his black scorpion, out and placed him on the palm of his hand
"Halo, meet Poison. I know he scares you but, he's not that bad" Thor chuckled as he watched me rub my throbbing hip where Poison had stung; small beady eyes stared at me
"Sorry about the sting, you scared me" the voice came from the creature
"The feelings mutual" I responded, my voice slightly high pitched from the pain still seeping, Thor placed the scorpion on his shoulder and we continued on our way down the street, lights from stores beamed out, lighting everything up like it was daylight; even through all the thick clothing and sunglasses, I could see Carmen and Thor's pale skin glow with paleness that would have scared me if I didn't know what they were.

We stopped at multiple stores, I didn't have to really do anything, just stand there as Carmen held clothes up against me then throw them at Thor who caught them and slung them over his arm. His left arm was taken up by seven shopping bags from previous stores, Carmen was holding two large jewellery bags that only too her two minutes to purchase, all she said was "I'll have all this case" and then handed the surprised sales clerk a gold credit card. Thor took the clothing to the counter and the male clerk began scanning them when Carmen leaned down to whisper in my ear
"Turn right, down the street and turn at the first left" it took me a moment to realize she was talking about a toilet, as I went to leave, she slipped a thin silver phone in my pocket "we're on speed dial, just press one" then I was out the glass door and swiftly making my way down the road to the toilets.
When I came back, I'd expected to see Thor or Carmen waiting for me but they were no where in sight. I went back to the shop but they weren't there, I went up to the sales clerk
"Excuse me? Do you where my friends went?" I asked and quickly gave a brief description of Thor seeing as he was easier to explain "big, scary and wearing black" the sales clerk shrugged so I left the shop and stood out the front, grabbing the phone and pressing one and calling. Carmen answered on the second ring
"Hey. Where are you?" she asked me, I quickly gave her the name of the store "okay, sorry, Nara ran off" she chuckled nervously, I guessed Nara was her Seol. I turned to look for them, as I did, I caught sight of two large men, dressed in all black with thick scars on their faces, both looking at me. I though nothing of it till one nodded and pointed straight at me then they both began to weave through people and approaching me
"Um, Carmen. I think I'm being followed" I said, quickly turning and walking in the other direction
"Where are you?" she asked immediately alert
"I'm walking in the other direction." I quickly glanced over to my shoulder to see they were still following, I turned "they're still following. Where are you?" my voice raised high in alarm as I started jogging and turned at the first street I could only to find it was deserted, I turned back and peered around the corner to see they were still advancing, I didn't have time to double back so I spun and started running as fast as I could
"Carmen, they're still coming!" I tried not to sound scared but my voice failed me
"Stay where you are, we're coming to get you" she shouted
"I can't. They're right behind me!" I shouted running faster, my foot hitting a puddle violently, as I took the next step my foot slipped on wet pavement and I crashed to the ground, the phone flew out of my hands and shattered into three pieces on impact. I cursed and got to my feet, forcing myself to keep going even though I was hobbling, I'd twisted my ankle badly and the pain was severe as my foot impacted with the ground with each step; I took another step and collapsed in pain, gripping my ankle and cursing as I looked over my shoulder to see the men had began walking and were only a few feet away, close enough to see they were tanned with three or more scars across their faces each; their eyes were black in the dim light of the street and their bodies covered in black buttoned up coats. I readied myself for the loudest scream I could, if they were vampires, it was injure them for enough time so Carmen and Thor could find me; why the hell hadn't I seen any of this? My visions were failing me, ever since....ever since Annie took my -what was it? My essence? Could that have been my powers? Did they steal my power? The tall men stepped closer
"We aren't going to hurt you" one said, his hands raised to show he held no weapons but his hands were large and looked capable of crushing a man's skull without much effort
"What do you want?" I shouted
"We want to help. We knew your mother" that made me freeze
"M-my mum?" I whispered, the men nodded
"She was a friend. Please, we want to help you" his voice turned from hard to being gentle. My head was spinning in a mixture of pain and confusion, how could they know my mum? She was a boring teacher at my school, she wasn't much special expect maybe her cooking and novelty magic tricks she use to do when I was a kid, but that was it.
"What are you?" I demanded
"Lycanthrope, I'm Garret and this is Heath; we know your father as well" he spoke. How would my parents know lycanthrope? Unless dad knew them from his visions of the past, but, how would mum know of them? Dad wouldn't tell her, she didn't even know about his power let alone mine, it was a secret dad and I shared.
"Halo!" Thor's voice broke through the silence that fell, Garret and Heath crouch down defensively, already snarling viciously; out of nowhere, Thor and Carmen fell to my side, Carmen hooked an arm around me and pulled me to my feet
"Are you hurt?" she demanded, then snarled at the sight of me holding up one leg
"I'm okay, I just tripped" I whispered using her for support. Thor was leaning forward in front of both me and Carmen, snarling and growling at the werewolves
"Leave now and avoid injuries" he threatened, Garret laughed
"Please! You will fall before I do leech!" he snarled, Thor went to lunge forward but a firm hand threw him back, for a moment I thought Garret or Heath had done it but their eyes widened as I took in a fourth figure to join the confrontation
"Doom!" I shouted in surprise and relief, he looked up at me then down at my leg which still pinged with pain; I looked down and watched as dark liquid dripped from my foot. I'd cut my leg. I noticed Carmen hadn't breathed since she'd picked me up and Thor had stopped snarling as he got up from where he'd landed a few feet behind us. Doom turned to the wolves, I couldn't see his expression but I knew it would be one to fear because the wolves began to back up slowly. Fear clamped my heart and my breath was lost. I was scared, would Doom attack?

Jaguar17 said...
Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:21 am:
WOW! love it, seriosly, write fast! If I don't read the next book soon I will die!

DEROSSETT said...
THis is like amazing.  I will be looking for the sequal.  write fast:)

DanielleMitchell said...
Oct. 9, 2011 at 8:40 am:
Yes sorry about the mistakes, when the spell check was going through it was changing everything throughout the chapters, so I'm going to have to go through it again and fix everything. I'm sorry for the inconvinence. :)

ButterflyKiss said...
Oh my GOD. You had me hooked at the first chapter! I find your idea refreshing from all the boring vampire stories piled up on my shelf. :) Five stars!

Steph0804 said...
Oct. 4, 2011 at 10:58 am:

I've only read up to chapter 6, but I'm loving it! The only criticism is that you seem to be missing a lot of punctuation, and all the "ook" verbs "look, book..." are messed up "loOK, boOK...", and you have a few spelling mistakes ("shutter" for "shudder"...).

But the story is amazing. Keep writing!

Steph0804 replied...
Oct. 4, 2011 at 10:59 am :
("reflex" for "reflects")

Steph0804 replied...
Oct. 4, 2011 at 11:00 am :
Question: doesn't black absorb sunlight and white reflect it?

Steph0804 replied...
Oct. 4, 2011 at 11:08 am :
Hm... you have a couple run-on sentences...

Steph0804 replied...
Oct. 4, 2011 at 11:29 am :
The plot has a lot of twists and turns... first Halo is crying, helpless, with the vampires... suddenly she's cheeky, courageous, and she's a werewolf campaigning against her fianceĢ...

Steph0804 replied...
Oct. 4, 2011 at 11:37 am :
Wait-- what happened between chapter 14 and 15? First she's cradling the little angel-baby in her arms, and then she's jumping off a cliff...

DanielleMitchell said...
haha, that's sweet. and im working on it as we speak :)

Kvothe28 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 3, 2011 at 6:35 pm :
I didn't read the entire thing, but what I thought was good. "My soul was back in my posession, but not in my body." I really liked that. =)

Oct. 3, 2011 at 6:36 pm :
My previous comment should read, I didn't read the whole thing, but what I did read was good. I mistyped the first one. Anyway, 5 stars. =)

CresentShadow said...
I need more! (: